PDA

View Full Version : Newbies in game

wolfwood
27-10-03, 16:56
Ok lets face it, if you are a newbie and just joining and you dont know anyone you are f**ked. Not to offend anyone, but people in the community are exactly the friendlest people. Newbies getting pked in the game ruins it for them. People join expecting a lot of cool people that will help them out and be "nice", but instead they get people who run down after them and pk them.

ZoneVortex
27-10-03, 16:59
Originally posted by wolfwood
Ok lets face it, if you are a newbie and just joining and you dont know anyone you are f**ked. Not to offend anyone, but people in the community are exactly the friendlest people. Newbies getting pked in the game ruins it for them. People join expecting a lot of cool people that will help them out and be "nice", but instead they get people who run down after them and pk them.

I dunno, possibly for some part, but I just got my friend into the game this week and people have been really nice to him. He's received over 100k just by asking people since it is quite apparent that he truly has no idea what he's doing:lol:

The only time he was PKed, even by an enemy faction, was when he was watching me fight in pepper park and I told him to cast his TL 3 heal on the enemy PPU because it would allow me to kill him more easily :p

death&decay
27-10-03, 17:11
There are a few newbie-PKer, yeah.
But there are many many more people who help newbies.
I was running through the wastes as a 15/14 ish APU on another
server yesterday and some guy saw me, ran towards me and
gave me 100Ks without even saying anything.

There are loads of tradeskillers who work for free when you have
a low level. When I started a char on saturn like 6 months ago
I was standing in P1 and 3 people asked me to join their clan and
if I needed help to get along and stuff..

It really ain't that bad.

Me, if I meet interesting/nice peeps who just got started, I give
em cash, weapons, imp, and I ppu for them and stuff.

Of course I'm a coward aswell coz I kill the ones I don't like lol.

msdong
27-10-03, 17:30
Originally posted by wolfwood
Ok lets face it, if you are a newbie and just joining and you dont know anyone you are f**ked. ....

i dont think so. if u are able to use the comchannel you get it all.
i dont know if this is different in the city sectors but TH and TG care for their new players. you you get allmost every service for low or no money.

all they have to do is ask a few ppl "hey, dude im new in town, can u give me some hints?"

btw- i dont know why any solo noob should take out his LE.

flyjedi
27-10-03, 17:56
i think i agree with the original statement. it's got to be very hard if you don't already have a friend ingame to get started in neocron. i mean it's a little easiere now they have improved MC5 but not a lot. the manuial still needs updating, so do the ingame helps. for example to help for psi still contains info on Exotic Psi Use :lol:

Sokaris
27-10-03, 18:03
i just had a buddy from long time ago that used to be in my wolfenstein clan join the trial and i spent hours last night helping him out and stuff.. I think the only time starting a new player gets hard is in the aggie cellars.. way too many monks running down there poison barrelling and then running away calling everyone a pussy.

TraumaTeam
27-10-03, 18:05
You are totally wrong - I started about a month ago and didn't know anyone. During my first two days, people just walked up and gave me cash for no reason. On the third day, I was invited to join a clan that gave me equipment and more cash.

This is by far the most noob friendly game I've ever played. The "Noob Greenhouse" now running on Pluto and these forums are great resources. I feel really informed and have only had to learn a few things "the hard way".

Crest
27-10-03, 18:20
EVEN WITH ALL THE RECOMENDATIONS, my clan welcomes noobs...they have their place. Thwy could be tomorows PvP Masters....

Its cool that there is always anoob in the clan leveling ..... so there is always stuff passed down....and eeveryone helps each other.....

But then Hey there only 20 in clan ....

Lathuc
27-10-03, 18:47
it wasnt so hard for me when i started well i did play in beta 4 but nothing since and i hadn't played a pe in beta anyway and i took the time reading the forums before i started playin which most peeps should

naimex
27-10-03, 18:50
my experiences tell me that peeps are really friendly to newbies.. even to ppl that have capped uber PK chars new newbie alts.. always someone willing to help.. ^^ and sometimes BIG TIME help.. its just about the ability to communicate.. and not just be a bitch to everyone from day 1.

Sebu
27-10-03, 19:04
Dude ! I'm a newb on Saturn ! Can I get 100knc ? Please ?:angel:

[TgR]KILLER
27-10-03, 19:16
lol one of my "n00b" pure melee tank chars on uranus i met a "real" n00b... logged on my noob ppu who just got a rezz and i showed him some other places to level then sewers one.. and kept him alive.. also got him his first pistol and some cash.. he was happy has hell haha..

Progenitor
27-10-03, 19:46
I know when I started last november (It's been almost a year now!) someone helped me out with cash and a few good spells.

Ever since then, I've been doing the same when I can. I've handed out untold millions to newbies needing stuff, along with level 1 and 2 implants.

Heck, back in the good'ol hybrid days, I even ppu'd for a few.

I would think that the number of newbi killers is much smaller than the newbi helpers.

-p

Doc Holliday
27-10-03, 19:53
honestly i dont actually remember the last time i heard a cry on trade of pkaaarrr in the aggie sewers over trade channel so that says somthing about it all.

retr0n
27-10-03, 19:59
first off, if you get pked, try lvling with LE
second, if you don't know anybody just talk in faction and ask
if any noob chars wanna lvl with u, you'll make some friends
in a day or two