PDA

View Full Version : SI & LoM SI

dem0n
27-10-03, 11:56
I don't really know maybe I could be wrong if yes then I'd kindly ask someone to delete this post, but with people I've talked to now, none of them had a slight idea if SI is affected by any skill. A 0/2 char and a 58/64 tank after dying reach 0% SI at the same time. Now I think thats wrong. Constitution should affect SI drop.

Second, the LoM pills cause a lot of SI, SI ages to drop. Imo, after taking a LoM pill SI penalty should have the same value as if the user has GRed .

Sefran
27-10-03, 12:02
I agree they should make it something like the GR, since u already lose enough exp when u lom much its pretty balanced imo. As for the const nah should be equal to for all classes, lom pill is the same for all...

Heavyporker
27-10-03, 12:05
yeah - and besides, think about how often the 0/2 dies, he'd be comatose for decades :rolleyes:

QuantumDelta
27-10-03, 12:07
....Do you know what "Synaptic" relates to? o_O

If you wanted to reason it off, _synaptic_ impairment, would actually, be fastest dealt with, by those who are strong of mind, not, strong of body.

However, having chewed as many LoMs as I have.... I tell ya, they add too much SI :p

dem0n
27-10-03, 12:16
....Do you know what "Synaptic" relates to?

I know what a synaptic and parasynaptic process is, but I don't know if a smart person or a person with better constitution could affect it more, as I don't see that if you were more aware of your eye mechanism [if we may call it that] that you would be able to affect it, besides, smart people don't move their ears... its the dumb ones that can :lol: [ok its not synaptics but you get the idea]

What I meant was, that let the 0/2 have the current SI drop, but the ones with a higher con could have a faster SI drop. So the current SI drop should be the lowest one [con<=0], but the further SI drop will be faster [con>0]. That way the 0/2 don't go comatose, but the 56/64 with capped con has a faster SI drop than the 0/2.

QuantumDelta
27-10-03, 12:25
I don't know if you're English or not, but there is/was a series all about the mind being broadcast on "normal TV" (BBC I think).

Basically it explained in lamens terms about the brain...

Synaptic pathways are formed within the brain as we do things, the more times we do them, the stronger these pathways become.
While it is true physical activity strengthens Synapses that relate to motor functions, thinking can strengthen the muscles.

(If you sit down, and mentally picture working out, for the same period of time as you would actually work out, it's roughly the equivilent of doing 50% of the work you imagined you did...).

Synaptic pathways become easier to form, the more we learn, if you are constantly learning you actually become "Good" at making new synaptic pathways, and the better your ability to make new pathways, the better your ability to use older pathways in general (unless they are "obsolete" (not used anymore)).
When people say "It's just like riding a bike" in terms of cycling, it's not actually true, once you learn to ride a bike, you CAN Forget, however, mentally picturing it just before you do it, often helps people "remaster" riding a bike, just before they get back on.

Realistically speaking, the only thing that couldn't be proven to effect SI in a Neocron universe would probably be PSI ...but knowing what PSI is means you'd probably find it effects SI more than anything else...

Hmm.... there was a whole lotta other stuff in that show...but generally it explains that the concious mind, is the thing that effects the synapses the most...
Because it's the concious mind, that unleashes the most chemical and hormonal control signals in the body.
Not, the body muscles themselves....

dem0n
27-10-03, 12:32
No, I'm not english, but we studied loads of synaptic processes in 8th grade. Judging that that was a long time ago, I can put it out lame... the one process allows the body to do something, while the other prevents it. If we connect this with NC, after being cloned, you can't use your body to it's full potential so there are some processes blocking the abilities, the processes which allow the ablities come to their expression will activate after some time. I hope you understand what I mean. Yes you can affect the processes, but it's a truly physical operation, poke a fork into someones brain and he'll activate a blocking process for his digestive system to work. It's very colorful, and it's been tested on animals for ages. You could also say if your hand is freezing you activate a process to unleash additional energy so you could warm up the hand and after that a blocking porecess intiates. If the activating process would always work youd unleash soo much energy that you would grown skinny and die ot of starvation so you have to understand that the blocking processes should be activated most of the time. I don't see how you as an aware individual could command to activate/block a process. It is your body, wich thru expirience, commands them, thus even when your asleep these processes work. If what you say would be true, then if someone would stab you while your asleep you wouldn't notice a thing. I agree tho, that expirience does affect it, and that if you once could ride a bike you can never forget that.

Leebzie
27-10-03, 16:44
Synaptic Imparement with loms is boring as hell.

On the plus side it boosts the forum life because of the people coming here trying to find something to do while they wait... and wait... and wait... and wait.

Ever since they changed the loms Ive hated it. Its just... dull...

I honestly could never , and still never become bothered by the fact that they were slightly exploited. so what if you could change skill in a few mins, it was fun and helpful. especially if you just made a distribution mistake.

Now we have the XP loss the SI is irritating.

*shrugs* Not that I want everything to be easy, but I do want it to be fun.

This I have felt since the changes (and no, I wasnt capped until well after that time)

ghandisfury
27-10-03, 17:53
LOMs should make you lose XP.....NO SI. It's a double time sinc meaning you have to wait for SI, then regain the XP lost.

dem0n
28-10-03, 09:37
I honestly could never , and still never become bothered by the fact that they were slightly exploited. so what if you could change skill in a few mins, it was fun and helpful. especially if you just made a distribution mistake.

Yes, that's why there had to do something. The current EXP penalty... well I don't mind. It's not a problem if you LoM 25 VHC to beff up your agility, BUT if you have a 52/40 APU and wan't to LoM to PPU you'll loose 10h of your playing.

LOMs should make you lose XP.....NO SI. It's a double time sinc meaning you have to wait for SI, then regain the XP lost.

Thats true, but we exlpoited it so much in the past now they stirked us back double time. I do belive there should be a exp loss, and I do belive there should be a SI penalty. Not in my wildest dreams can I expect KK to remove EXP loss, but I belive that cutting down the SI penalt to the same value as the SI penalty for GRing, and also making SI constitution dependant, that LoMing and SI downtime should come much easier on all people.