PDA

View Full Version : Belt-Drop in Warzones

Tazo
27-10-03, 03:18
please read before you vote.

this thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80057) inspired me to ask again how you feel about beltdrop in warzones.

heres the problem: people are bored. you level, you cap (or not), you go op-fighting, you op-fight, and op-fight, and op-fight, and op-fight, and op-fight...
and you get bored. of course you do, in order for a game to be fun, it needs to be a challenge. a challenge is a risk, you risk losing something but could also win something. with the current drop-system, there is no such risk. all you do is come back and get your imps poked back in. the author of above thread is right, there is no winning and no losing, all you get is an op which get hacked by some twit while youre asleep anyway.

"but tazo, we dont want to spend hours getting new gear and stuff!" why not? didnt we just agree that op fights are boring? they will always stay boring if you dont risk losing something.

Shadow Dancer
27-10-03, 03:28
I voted yes. I really wish people would put "serious" polls when it comes to serious topics.

*sigh*

Tazo
27-10-03, 03:30
i thought this poll is mostly serious....

juvestar15
27-10-03, 07:10
Was going to post this in the win/lose thread but here is better.

There are a few problems that might come out of belt drops in warzones.
It's all about fear of losing items right?
So clans aim to take OPs in a way that is least expensive.

They would either ninja hack to get their OPs back or bring 500 people to ensure they dont lose.

I would think it slows down the amount of PvP some what. Whether it is a good thing or not..... i guess we would have to see.

I could be wrong though, it's only an assumption.
Did anything change on Jupiter when they brought in this rule?

Shadow Dancer
27-10-03, 07:11
Originally posted by juvestar15

Did anything change on Jupiter when they brought in this rule?

That's a good question. If I spoke german I would ask in the german community.

juvestar15
27-10-03, 07:23
I think the dude in the German Forums called you a dumb fuck. :D
I hope I'm wrong.

I'm pretty sure Tazo can speak German. There are heaps of other people here too that might help your thread out. :)

sparrowtm
27-10-03, 07:31
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
That's a good question. If I spoke german I would ask in the german community.

The German community kept the belt-drop in warzones, and as far as I can see most of us (including me) are happy about that.

As death in NC is nothing to be afraid of in any kind, KK makes it at least a bit interesting by letting players lose one quickbelt-item.

@juvestar: No, you're not wrong. Actually he did. o_O

VetteroX
27-10-03, 07:39
I still dont get why you guys dont get items from killing people. I do get rares and 5 slot holy heals and shelters and multi slotted high level spells/guns and lots of pa. I get good stuff under the current system, so screw the people that dont... if i can do it, so can they.

Vid Gamer
27-10-03, 07:46
Originally posted by VetteroX
I still dont get why you guys dont get items from killing people. I do get rares and 5 slot holy heals and shelters and multi slotted high level spells/guns and lots of pa. I get good stuff under the current system, so screw the people that dont... if i can do it, so can they.

Jesus Christ, must you inflate your ego with every post. :rolleyes:

IMO, I say "no". Why?

We all know no one new is coming into NC any soon, so the current player base wouldn't OP fight if they could lose there 4-5 slot rares, making OP fights few and far between.
People will be even more dependent on PPU's (if this is even possible). People now just won't fight in OP wars without 1989349893 PPU's so they don't die, and this is without dropping anything. Would make it 10x worse if you did drop something.

juvestar15
27-10-03, 07:48
Originally posted by VetteroX

You may have mis-read something. This thread is for belt drops in warzones.

@sparrow: Is that guy your average forum fuckwit?

sparrowtm
27-10-03, 07:48
Obviously, the mentality of some servers support the possibility of dropping items, while others dont. So be happy with you having nothing to lose. Happy boredom :o :D

@juvestar: Yipp. But he didn't use proper German either. Guess he's .. uhm ... Canadian. :angel:

Spoon
27-10-03, 07:56
I voted No.....

I think KK needs to fixed the broken/bugged parts of the game first, before you screwing around with the game mechinics some more...

besides this has already been voted on by this community, and it was rejected....

If you want itemdrops in warzones go play on Jupiter......

thomas
27-10-03, 08:19
i'm playing on uranus, so it's a thread i have to let people know what i'm thinking ;)

the onliest reason i'm going in a warzone is to hunt some mobs, like Malstrond, Gabanium, Emmerson, and so on.
no matter if there is a beltdrop or not, i would like it cause i saw it on Jupiter. When people droping their belts OP wars are more interesting (remember, your trousers are under that turett :eek: )

*votes for YES*

Peeping Tom
27-10-03, 08:57
i realy wanted to vote on dead animals.. but i dont do men or animals more...
any way... if they are gonna change the belt drop .. or qb drop... they would need to up the rare drop rate again...
K4F

Archeus
27-10-03, 09:11
There are alreadly belt drops in warzones on the German servers. You want it, go play there.

Mantus
27-10-03, 09:14
Don’t agree. At the moment if my OP is getting hacked I run to it. I GR in and I try to kill some peeps. Fun. But if I start loosing stuff then my chat will be like this:

“Okay can we take them?”
“Um there are 6 of us and 8 of them”
“Fine we will hack it back tonight…”

Risk = people get cautious. Its like those people with MC5 chips who only go to fight they can win and with a PPU because they are afraid of their chip popping out.

So I would rather there be no belt drops in warzones.

...anyways why do you think OP fights are boring. I find them allot of fun, infact my major problem is that there isnt enough of them, mostly because of the damn PPU's...

dem0n
27-10-03, 09:41
nonononono.... your insane.... on saturn only CM and TG have the balls to fight.... you want to make me a lone gunner in TT... those pussys barely even go to hack a ND OP when they have 4 people online. What will they do after WZ QB drop? They'll stay cluttled up in their apps and they'll never go to the OP fight! I LIKE THE IDEA, VOTE YES!

Tazo
27-10-03, 10:06
Originally posted by Vid Gamer
We all know no one new is coming into NC any soon, so the current player base wouldn't OP fight if they could lose there 4-5 slot rares, making OP fights few and far between.
thats true but this is this communitys fault, IMO. "oh no, not taking this rare to the op fight, i might loose it!" "but whats it good for if you dont fight with it?" "werent you paying attention? im NOT taking this rare to the op fight PERIOD".

PS: would be nice if you could cut the "dont like it go play on german servers" bullcrap. this is about the english servers. thanks.

[TgR]KILLER
27-10-03, 10:44
Originally posted by Archeus
There are alreadly belt drops in warzones on the German servers. You want it, go play there.

Yea i second that :)

lol i'll never do OP wars on Pluto then.. cause its damn sure we'r gonna lose it vs clans who have 10 apu/ppu teams.. but hell i'v posted so much reasons in the old thread about this.. just plain NO :rolleyes:

sparrowtm
27-10-03, 10:45
What interests me is why the two communities (English/German) have such different views on this topic o_O

Anyone knows how it's dealt with on Venus ?

dem0n
27-10-03, 11:51
Imo, the german community has a major effect on KK. They are their main source of income, germany is a HUGE ASS territory with loads of players. Pleasing german players, and making them happy is a generaly good thing. If someone likes it they tell it to their mate. He then takes out a few bucks out of his 100$ lunch money and buys the game in the game store across the street or 10.000 others in his hometown. If a distinctive german individual from the NC community says: "We want cows and chickens in BH UG to entertain us" then 75% of the german community follow. If his post gets 300 replys and 10000 views, and most people agree, then KK either do something about it or they'll get seriously flamed by their own community which theyr based on soo much. Eventualy, they get a geek to make a cow and chicken entity and place them in the BH UG, but you bet I'd do the same thing if NC was a bosnian game, or if I was creating a bosnian game.

So as long as this post doesnt get 10000 replys and 100000000 views don't expect KK to do shit about it. They'r busy trying to please the germans. I'm just sorry I don't know german I'd post a few ideas and I'm sure they'd get recognition.

juvestar15
27-10-03, 11:51
Originally posted by sparrowtm

Anyone knows how it's dealt with on Venus ?

Venus in regards to warzone belt drops is the same as English. But on Venus there are heaps of small clans. None above 50 if i remember correctly.

There are these special DOY trooper type guards with Redeemers in TH. You dont want to fuck with em. :cool:
Heaps of events. Lots of RP stuff.

One time there was a fat stripper in plaza and if you clicked her she would follow you around. :D
Another time there were cagged up hurlers and other mobs in plaza 1.

It's pretty cool there.

Crest
27-10-03, 11:54
Make War Zones ... Rezz free zones.... .so you cant be ressurected ...That way risk is .... You only have 1 chance every 5 minutes in war...You die and have to go through the dying process, get imps back and then fight....Leave the belts out of it.....

juvestar15
27-10-03, 11:55
Originally posted by Crest
Make War Zones ... Rezz free zones.... .so you cant be ressurected ...That way risk is .... You only have 1 chance every 5 minutes in war...You die and have to go through the dying process, get imps back and then fight....Leave the belts out of it.....

I'd like that but id rather imps not fall out. That would be sweet. :cool:

Sefran
27-10-03, 11:59
Dont like that idea Crest, if ur mc5 pops out u can wait sometimes many heures to even find a tl 115 poker (if u even find one that day)...perhaps thats why all this carebear thing about.

sparrowtm
27-10-03, 12:03
Originally posted by juvestar15
There are these special DOY trooper type guards with Redeemers in TH. You dont want to fuck with em. :cool:
Heaps of events. Lots of RP stuff.

One time there was a fat stripper in plaza and if you clicked her she would follow you around. :D
Another time there were cagged up hurlers and other mobs in plaza 1.

It's pretty cool there.

What the ... :eek: NERF VENUS !