PDA

View Full Version : first event ima try to put together ;] Race ;] 1 foot 1 Vch Only. (Saturn)

Shujin
27-10-03, 03:00
no rules cept no GR'ing. and for vch race no getting off the vehicle.
'
and yes i will allow fighting, because that will make it fun. a no rule race.
for the Vch race i think i'd be great for competition for some of the racers friends standing around the wastelands waitin for racers to come by and trying to stop them with anti vehicle weapons(sold at CM, if you are AntiCM faction ill try to get some made so i can sell them at the start of the race ;] )

http://www.satanslaw.co.uk/upload/files/racemap.JPG
to make sure u get to each checkpoint ill have someone standing by to give u databook ( if i can get them ) that states u were at the checkpoint and what place u were in at the time. first person to get to each check point and back to the beginning (1) wins.

not sure what prizes will be given, but im sure im gonna need some donations for the event ;P

already talked to artbiter to try to get help doin event, and gonna try to get ahold of crahn counsellor but thats gonna b hard since she dont got a email... or a forum account.. :P

anyway, what do u guys think?

Drexel
27-10-03, 03:37
Sounds promising,

Would be alot more fun if you wait till Combat Hovertecs come out & races can blast each other too.

Or make everyone do this in a Heavy Combat Trike with passenger shooting at the other entrants. (ive got blueprints on saturn if you need em).

Make the contestants pay 100,000- to enter & they can keep the trike (if it survives) & the money is the first prize at the end.

For the check points all you need is a chemical / alcohol / choclatbar for each point, the first racer back with the correct 3 items (& only those 3) wins.

You could just have an official drop 100 of the apporoperiate item on the ground at each checkpoint, this avoids a rush to trade with the official.

Or, you could just start a McPhearson (South East) & finish at MB (NW), & avoid the whole checkpoint thing.

Even funnier would be make one check point & the contestants have to go there & return back to the same start point, making them pass back past the other compeditors, giving a chance for some head on combat.

Shujin
27-10-03, 04:49
Originally posted by Drexel

Or make everyone do this in a Heavy Combat Trike with passenger shooting at the other entrants. (ive got blueprints on saturn if you need em).

Make the contestants pay 100,000- to enter & they can keep the trike (if it survives) & the money is the first prize at the end.

For the check points all you need is a chemical / alcohol / choclatbar for each point, the first racer back with the correct 3 items (& only those 3) wins.

You could just have an official drop 100 of the apporoperiate item on the ground at each checkpoint, this avoids a rush to trade with the official.

Or, you could just start a McPhearson (South East) & finish at MB (NW), & avoid the whole checkpoint thing.

Even funnier would be make one check point & the contestants have to go there & return back to the same start point, making them pass back past the other compeditors, giving a chance for some head on combat.
;P heh good ideas guess i can figure somethin out, but really dont wanan do the chemical / alc / choc bar stuff bcuz if someone gets to all 3 could tell a friend what 3 things are and to buy them, then he can gr to the check point 1 and win

QuantumDelta
27-10-03, 05:51
The most evil / fun (imo, though others would probably complain about the water when they fall in) thing you could do, would be to run it from Simmons > TH1 > Regents Legacy > North Star Uplink > MB - Fin.

The flattish-plains from simmons approaching TH would be fun to race over.
The Bottle Neck at Regents would be so fun to watch, people scrambling over the hills at TH would be so fun to watch.
NorthStar would require some determination and possibly planning ahead, if you take a shortcut you risk getting swampbogged.
Northstar to MB means a straight pedal to the medal finish rushing past warbots and the like.

Shujin
27-10-03, 06:35
very nice idea qd

Heavyporker
27-10-03, 10:34
Um, not evil at all, nope.

Now, evil = Krupp Factory to McPherson Factory to Ceres Mine to Foster Uplink.

Come on, who disagrees with me on the evilness of this?!

\\Fényx//
27-10-03, 10:43
Originally posted by Heavyporker
Um, not evil at all, nope.

Now, evil = Krupp Factory to McPherson Factory to Ceres Mine to Foster Uplink.

Come on, who disagrees with me on the evilness of this?!

with the 1 or 2 Y's that still spawn and the odd hoverbomber you notice a mile off ?

Heavyporker
27-10-03, 11:07
um.. fenyx, you ever go from Krupp to mcPherson in stright line?

ever come up the western end of the Ceres Mine sector?

Ever been caught in the open under a hoverbomber?

\\Fényx//
27-10-03, 11:17
Originally posted by Heavyporker
um.. fenyx, you ever go from Krupp to mcPherson in stright line?

ever come up the western end of the Ceres Mine sector?

Ever been caught in the open under a hoverbomber?

yea, never right under a hoverbomber tho, generally see the engine trail lights before im in their range, and Y troopers rarely spawn atall now, hardly noticed any outside of the MC5 area for a while now

massic
27-10-03, 12:53
There is one trader at Escador Oasis that sells all the items that the guy in the bar sells at MB. So Enemy factions can still buy the anti vehicle weapons and such there.