PDA

View Full Version : Xray resists, DoYs, and Spy PA: Quick Question

Wallen
27-10-03, 02:47
Ok, so with the new spy PA, and with a belt I can get somewhere around 158 xray resist.

But when I go and fight DoYs, I can take three hits, taking me down to like 10 health (that's three direct hits, and fourth obviously kills me).

Does this sound about right? Cause it seems like with that much resist I should be soking up the dmg no prob.

Is it just because DoYs do massive damage?

=Chojin=
27-10-03, 02:54
i think i read somewhere that there pure engy.

Ch0

DarkPhoenix
27-10-03, 02:55
They are pure X-Ray actually.

=Chojin=
27-10-03, 02:56
well geues i was wrong...i'll blame tiredness:p

Ch0

IceStorm
27-10-03, 02:58
Have you installed gamma bones? That'll give you another 50 Xray resist. Shelter pants and boots get you another 3.4.

I haven't tried out the DoY bots yet. I may this week as I feel like roaming and I need to repair my SF next time it pops out anyway.

Drexel
27-10-03, 04:36
Damn, i just got my suit & was heading north to hunt those suckers.

Suppose that makes sence, even with my tank with full Inq armour etc i still can only take 4 or 5 hits from the 100 + level fire mobs, so the DoY bots are about this level (I think, because i always die before i actually see them).

VetteroX
27-10-03, 07:35
they fire fusion rounds, its eitier force/xray/enrgy or force/xray. therefore, you need a lot of force resit as well.

Torteth
27-10-03, 08:32
Originally posted by VetteroX
they fire fusion rounds, its eitier force/xray/enrgy or force/xray. therefore, you need a lot of force resit as well.

Got a source for that by any chance....?

\\Fényx//
27-10-03, 11:55
well they push you when they hit you :p however when thinking about it he's kinda making sense O_o

btw wallen whats your CON Xray resist.

juvestar15
27-10-03, 11:59
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
well they push you when they hit you :p however when thinking about it he's kinda making sense O_o

btw wallen whats your CON Xray resist.

Pin guns push me 100 metres accross the zone. :D

Didn't someone from KK just recently say all thsoe mobs were Energy. I'll look for the thread now.

=Chojin=
27-10-03, 15:05
Originally posted by juvestar15

Didn't someone from KK just recently say all thsoe mobs were Energy. I'll look for the thread now.

thats what i thourghto_O

Ch0

Cruzbroker
27-10-03, 17:55
well, If they are xray it's weird,
I have 58 con xray, spy PA3, gamma bones and heavy deflector -> 2-3 bursts = dead..

Wallen
28-10-03, 08:26
I think base I only have like 3 or 4 xray resist, but with armor, belt, and bones (i have some of them, not all) I have about 158 resist in xray.

I think I have somewhere around 70+ force resist.

Rade
28-10-03, 14:40
From 100 to 200 the increase in damage reduction is very low, if
they do 1000 dmg per shot your gonna be dead fast regardless if
you resist 60% or 70% of it. A shelter could turn the tide for you
however.

greendonkeyuk
28-10-03, 14:45
Theyre xray damage, hence the release of the anti-rad suit when the doy bots were first introduced to the desert sectors. Yeah i only manage 4 or 5 bursts from one of those guys as well with my spy. He has close to 400 hp when drugged etc.

//Ring\\
28-10-03, 19:53
well dude here it is, i just got into a nasty fight with those triggerhappy monkeys, heres what i got so far

they kill.. fast 0.o
my guess is they fire fusion rounds and those do prc/xry damage unless of course DoY was kind enugh to mod their guns for us and add some nasty extra to it ;)

so ur better off gettin the gammabones, havin the anti xray belt and putting a PA agaisnt piercing damage with a deflector ;) and that will hopefully do it :D

id get a ppu to trow in a holy shelter in just in case though :p

\\Fényx//
28-10-03, 19:56
Originally posted by //Ring\\
well dude here it is, i just got into a nasty fight with those triggerhappy monkeys, heres what i got so far

they kill.. fast 0.o
my guess is they fire fusion rounds and those do prc/xry damage unless of course DoY was kind enugh to mod their guns for us and add some nasty extra to it ;)

so ur better off gettin the gammabones, havin the anti xray belt and putting a PA agaisnt piercing damage with a deflector ;) and that will hopefully do it :D

id get a ppu to trow in a holy shelter in just in case though :p

n00b :p there is no xray belt :lol: unless you mean psi belts o_O

//Ring\\
28-10-03, 20:21
nah h0e remember those nice little things called deflector belts? take a guess :P
still id swear they still have heavy xray deflect belts, at least they used to.. oh well it was only like +40 extra protection 0.o

StryfeX
29-10-03, 01:37
Hell, those bots hurt no matter what type of damage they do. My PE was going out to Lobo Village for the BioTech epic and I got hit with shelter up for about 70-90 HP each "burst" or whatever they do. And my PE has fairly good x-ray resist.

That's insane. o_O

--Stryfe

Q`alooaith
29-10-03, 02:05
Originally posted by StryfeX
Hell, those bots hurt no matter what type of damage they do. My PE was going out to Lobo Village for the BioTech epic and I got hit with shelter up for about 70-90 HP each "burst" or whatever they do. And my PE has fairly good x-ray resist.

That's insane. o_O

--Stryfe

My APU take's very little damage from them, about 10-20 HP per hit.. and with good cover they don't hit often enough..

think it's pure Xray, though dunno, might be only scout's are pure Xray and the defence unit's have force thrown in for good measure..

Shakari
29-10-03, 03:31
Originally posted by Wallen
Ok, so with the new spy PA, and with a belt I can get somewhere around 158 xray resist.

But when I go and fight DoYs, I can take three hits, taking me down to like 10 health (that's three direct hits, and fourth obviously kills me).

Does this sound about right? Cause it seems like with that much resist I should be soking up the dmg no prob.

Is it just because DoYs do massive damage?

I am using spy pistol pa 2 = 109 xray have 35 natural energy and use a heavy energy belt = 105 energy resist and i can take 4 to 6 shots fairly easily from doy scout units more if they bounce :D

and yeah the do pure xray afaik