PDA

View Full Version : Remove synaptic Impairment from Genrep

ezza
27-10-03, 00:01
after reading this post http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80000

started thinking why dont they remove SI from genrepping.

i can understand the reason that it currently does give SI, but its just crap you GR through then have to wait a few mins for it to hit zero.

as it is there no real major impact on having it removed, as owning factions can genrep into there op without impairment, so why not allow all genrepping to have no impairment.

as in the above post, it would benefit people genrepping though, as they would be able to protect themselves streight away rather than being target practice.

and also it would benefit the other way in that the Pkers would be able to GR stright though and fight from the off.

Ascension
27-10-03, 01:26
Half it, not remove it fully:)

DarkPhoenix
27-10-03, 01:33
Yea half it. Or make a semi-rare non-researchable/non-clonable drug that will reduce it or something. :D

Mantus
27-10-03, 01:44
SI should be removed from the apartment GenRep. Otherwise its fine.

Drake6k
27-10-03, 01:49
Originally posted by Mantus
SI should be removed from the apartment GenRep. Otherwise its fine.
I'm with that

SI sucks but its an important part of the game.

TheEnemy
27-10-03, 01:54
Maaaybe halve it... and remove from apts probably is a good idea too. But don't remove it, and don't remove ops GR owning either or the game will become too like GR-ocron in beta 4.... it was free unlimited synapticless GRing everywhere... man, I didn't even walk from plaza 1 to my plaza 1 apartment, I GR'ed there!

Birkoff
27-10-03, 02:02
IK agree with halving it not removing it, no si is 1 of the reasons to own a OP ffs lol.

Sefran
27-10-03, 02:10
Synap was fine Before the new gr setting , now it has nothing 2 do with balance so yeah it should be removed completely ...

DarkPhoenix
27-10-03, 02:28
Summary:

1. Half GR Synaptic Impairment *New* **Debatable**
2. No Synaptic Impairment to Owned OPs --Current--
3. No Synaptic Impairment to Appartment (except after dying) *New*
4. Anti Synaptic Impairment Drugs *New*

Good?

Necrosadistic
27-10-03, 02:40
Well... Teleporting everywhere and getting no impairment would not be very RP would it?

It adds to the realism...

However, the GRing to apt thing sound quite good... But you should get impairment if you die even if you do go to your app...

Dying should carry a price shouldn't it?

DarkPhoenix
27-10-03, 03:09
Well how do you know if its really Role Paying or not, not to mention "real"? GeneReplecators dont even exist and for that reason you cant say it wouldt be RP if it didnt give SI.

TheEnemy
27-10-03, 12:04
It's pretty silly if GRs are the only viable option for travel. There'd be little reason for vehicles if GRs were always the best choice.

enablerbr
27-10-03, 12:07
how about instead of reducing it. just make it go at a faster rate than now.

Lethys
27-10-03, 12:18
I don't think FAs should get SI when GRing to TH, TGs to the Canyon, Mercs to MB etc, and you shouldn't get SI when GRing to your primary apartment.

Genty
27-10-03, 12:20
You get your molecules ripped appart and then reformed somewhere else, I get the feeling that you ain't gonna be 100% after all of that. Just be glad that they did'nt add the possibily of being reformed deformed with your eyes on your feet or something.....

\\Fényx//
27-10-03, 12:23
Originally posted by enablerbr
how about instead of reducing it. just make it go at a faster rate than now.

wouldnt that be exactly the same ? :lol:

Ascension
27-10-03, 12:43
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
wouldnt that be exactly the same ? :lol:

Yup:p

Either way it work the same,

But as for Mercs,FA's & TG's surely they should have free Si when gr'ing to there home "Op" if i may put it?:)

dem0n
27-10-03, 13:00
It's a bit rash to completly remove the SI. If SI was made con dependant that would be better, but removing it would be
abs[rash].

\\Fényx//
27-10-03, 13:03
Originally posted by Genty
You get your molecules ripped appart and then reformed somewhere else, I get the feeling that you ain't gonna be 100% after all of that. Just be glad that they did'nt add the possibily of being reformed deformed with your eyes on your feet or something.....

explain how anyone that owns a OP can GR into the underground without any synaptic and run right into battle :rolleyes:

enablerbr
27-10-03, 13:04
if it was based on CON. tanks would be the 1's who get the free hand. SO NO.

\\Fényx//
27-10-03, 13:05
Originally posted by enablerbr
if it was based on CON. tanks would be the 1's who get the free hand. SO NO.

lil monkeys bit the dust with 20 mins synapse outta the GR

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

this may be the end of monkacron, with a team of 20 monks is all you see fighting OPs now :D

El Barto
27-10-03, 13:32
I can't remmeber what the Si is from when yuo GR, but if its not already, it shoud be 12%.

greendonkeyuk
27-10-03, 20:58
How about remove it from "neutral grs" (mb, point red, escador etc) and keep it at ops. That way you dont get gr campers at the popular levelling places but ops are the same as now. Either that or halve it for sure. ill vote yes on the poll but this is somethin id prefer than no si at all. Only because i can see it being implemented more than no si at all.

-FN-
27-10-03, 21:28
I think SI should be dependent on the distance you travel, kinda correllate SI with the cost to GR from one GenRep to another.

To go from NC to Escuador should give you the full 40%. Going from NC to Jeriko should only give you 12%, while apartment to apartment within the city should be no more than 5%.

Opar
27-10-03, 22:18
You should have 3 options....

Genrep normally with normal synap etc.

Genrep with half synap, but costs 50% more

Genrep with no synap, costs 100% more

Just a thought.