PDA

View Full Version : Belt looters solution

Dont Mess
26-10-03, 15:48
well i just had my spy pa3 taken twice within in 1 hour of buying when i was in a cave team. i think that if u are in a team u should get an option where it says allow runner to acess belt so only pple u know and trust can take yr belt

Dostan'Ilindith
26-10-03, 15:50
and the point of a belt is what?

c'mon, think carefully about this...

some risk when you die...duh...so live with it..or dont die?

Jesterthegreat
26-10-03, 15:50
i think if you dont trust em... dont team with em

think about what you are doing. you klnow the risks. i think its fine as it is

Keyol45743241
26-10-03, 15:52
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
i think if you dont trust em... dont team with em

think about what you are doing. you klnow the risks. i think its fine as it is Exactly. If you're exp whoring and don't care who you team up with.... you don't deserve any better.

L0KI
26-10-03, 15:58
do what i do

Join a cave team, kill all u dont trust, take their loot, and threaten the PPU with death if he rezzes them :lol:

Jesterthegreat
26-10-03, 15:59
hahaha ^.^

well im bored with no Uranus, what you up to fang? haha

even test server is empty O_o so im just sittin on MSN talkin to... no one :(

Dont Mess
26-10-03, 16:00
so yr telling me that uve never hadd yr belt looted

that bullshit

u will never exp in a cave if u dont team and i dont know if i can trust ne1 so yr saying i dont team then i dont level

Jesterthegreat
26-10-03, 16:03
1. i have had belkts looted... but not be team

2. i only team with RL friends 90% of the time... i ONLY team to PvP with clannies (who i know IRL)

3. HUNT SOMEWHERE ELSE

4. it is completely possible to cap without teaming once...

5. if you dont trust anyone you should not be teaming... or possibly put LE back in?

ok thats about it

NC Junkie

Keyol45743241
26-10-03, 16:04
Then don't bring your most expensive armor to the cave? Or buy a few, so it doesn't hurt too much if you loose one?

I've had it even better: Some wanker invited a reknown prick in our team who then procceded to PK every single person without loosing SL and looting our belts. I learned my lesson the hard way. If you didn't learn yours, go on, loose some more PAs, maybe if it hurts enough, you'll learn it, too. :rolleyes:

Style
26-10-03, 16:18
oh please.... be happy you are not playing when there was no such thing as quickbelts of safe slot

Jesterthegreat
26-10-03, 16:23
before QB's it was fine... it just meant you stpped fighting to stuff stuff into your inv O_o thats not too bad

Q`alooaith
26-10-03, 16:27
Tell you what.. Do what I do when XP whoreing in the cave's.. Put your LE in.. and make sure you drag a LE'ed PPU too to rezz ya, realy is a great way to level since you can even get right to the front and loot the CQ before anyone else..

Kenjuten
26-10-03, 16:33
I just think DM needs to take a chill pill and calm down for a bit.. :p

Hope ya feel better.

Radamez
26-10-03, 16:57
Dont Mess,

i was in the same team as you the other night (maybe the time you're talking about)

had my PA nabbed aswell :( think we was just unfortunate there was an asshole thief in our team .. i've never had any problems losing items before -

although this is the first time i've leveled as APU, cuz they usually dropped something good :mad:

sucks i know, but it's just how the game is.. gotta look at the big picture, it'd limit the game if things like this weren't possible.

EDIT: for the record, my APU is called Ape :D

KRIMINAL99
27-10-03, 06:13
I agree its really lame. Whats so hard about a allow them to loot button for teams?

dem0n
27-10-03, 09:36

Lenard
27-10-03, 11:07
Imo players belts should only drop when they are killed by monsters if their SL is -16 or lower.

Otherwise only player caused deaths should cause a belt to drop. Like if a player dies with 50% or more dmg caused by another player then it should drop. That would also get around the exploit of people purposely dying by npcs or monsters.

NeoChick
27-10-03, 12:52
Agree with DM. I think Belt Looters are scum. I have high hack skills but don't even consider looting any belt, even if I see one in the wastelands, it seems immoral to do that, let alone a team members belt.
In general I don't team and solo the whole time. It is harder but the other drawback is that if one of the team pk's somebody, even by accident, everybody looses SL.

Well as a result I have not done caves and probably miss out.

jernau
27-10-03, 13:32
Originally posted by Lenard
Imo players belts should only drop when they are killed by monsters if their SL is -16 or lower.

Otherwise only player caused deaths should cause a belt to drop. Like if a player dies with 50% or more dmg caused by another player then it should drop. That would also get around the exploit of people purposely dying by npcs or monsters.

How does this fix the NPC-xp exploit?

Or am I missing something...

Original monk
27-10-03, 13:41
Originally posted by dem0n

i agree a 100% with dem0n LOL

about the belts: never happend to me and i regularly hunt with multilple rares in my inventory, everyone that teamed me until now has been a 100% honest, except some bitch that killed me later on when we got outta the cave but that was the only time and a big exception :) luckely, and even she didnt loot my belt :P