PDA

View Full Version : Kill Bill, The Review

Q`alooaith
26-10-03, 00:54
Well I went into the cinima with mixed feeling's, one that it was staturday night, and I'd not booked a ticket so I might end up having to wait a hour for the next showing, but I was also mulling over the bigger issuse of weather it was going to be a good flick or not..

Five minute's in and I took my coat off and stayed to the end.

Enough action and stunt filled fight's to keep and any action junky happy, a fight scene that make's the Smith Vs Neo seam like a family picknick, in term's of comparative scale..

Ok so it's not as big a fight in term's of particepant's but it's still more interseting to watch IMHO..

There's enough of a story and attached dialog to keep it on track, the story is split into chapter's which help blend from each location and tell the backstory with the running monolog..

the fight's make sence, with reason's to why everyone's there, that also make some sence, many sly refrence's to other film's are abound, though chance's are most will miss all but the big one's first time though..

All in all a good flick many may wish to stear clear because of the violence involled, but they'd be missing somthing they might enjoy as it's not mindless gun battle's, in fact firearm's play a very small role in it..

Go see it, but rember it is violent and decapitation is depicted, as well as other not nice way's of killing.. Some sexual refrence's..

Edit/
Only minor (or major) gripe is that air travel doe's come into the film and guess what's on the hand lugage......

MjukisDjur
26-10-03, 00:56
did someone say sex?

Q`alooaith
26-10-03, 00:58
Don't be a child, there's no sex in it, just refrences to it, and violence surounding it...

greendonkeyuk
26-10-03, 01:03
whats on the hand luggage?

Q`alooaith
26-10-03, 01:10
Originally posted by greendonkeyuk
whats on the hand luggage?

Why should I tell you human? go see kill bill and you'll see it...

anyway it's a weapon if ya need to know, and that's somthing I hope's explained in Vol.2 but if not it's not that bad... good enough to see a few more time's on the big screen..

Drake6k
26-10-03, 01:16
Maybe I'll be seen as a child :rolleyes: for this but the best part of the movie was the unrealistic blood. It wasn't actually violent like... detailed stuff, more comical and not really disturbing.

It's good for what it is, very violent.

Q`alooaith
26-10-03, 01:28
I agree with ya D6K, though the ammount is not wrong, the densisty, and the way is gushes out is wrong, blood drain's out after the heart stop's beating, and most of the pressure is lost in one big gush after the head is removed, then pressure is lost and you get lesser ammount's pouring out..

It's more like watching one of them cartoon's, it's violent, but it's not gory... bloody but so much so it's funny..

greendonkeyuk
26-10-03, 01:56
hollywood blood tho aint it. Its like irl if you shoot a car it leaves a hole in it, but when arnie shoots a car it flips over four times then blows up and takes out 2 cars and building in the vicinity. 8|

Q`alooaith
26-10-03, 02:10
well it's not all that bad, just saying because it's like a big fountain at time's.. they can't realy use proper fake blood as it stain's almost as bad as real blood.. So they use a more watery fake blood most time's, since it's easyer and cheeper..

if you put enough hole's in a car it will blow up, though it's only got to be one bullet in the right spot to have the same effect.. then depend's on the fuel type..

Rieper
26-10-03, 02:16
i think kill bill's blood amount is deliberate from tarantino

AlphaGremlin
26-10-03, 02:22
Originally posted by Rieper
No? Really?:rolleyes:

Saw it last night. The word that came to mind was "wacky". It was violent to the point of comedy, or is that just because I'm so desensitised to violence, 80+ people getting diced makes me laugh? o_O

Q`alooaith
26-10-03, 02:25
Originally posted by Rieper

*walk's into dark room, bury's face into pillow and scream's*

*walk's out half hour later*

ok much better.. yes there's a lot of blood, it's the right ammout for human's though, five pint's each actor "killed" if you wanted to know how much they used.. it's just how it was deployed, lot's of bright red watery stuff in long burst's, though probably right for somone with high blood pressure, not realistict..

But then if it had gone for realism it would have gone right to the banned list, as it would have been mega gored.. The way it was done was meant to be laughed at almost at time's and at other time's laughed at a lot..

icarium
26-10-03, 02:44
q you now a disturbing amount about how much blood is in the human body and its behaviour after limb removal and decapitation o_O

personally i shut my eyes right after decapitating people

:angel:

Tazo
26-10-03, 03:09
its that kind of movie where youre sorta ashamed and scared that youre laughing

Promethius
26-10-03, 10:06
hollywood blood tho aint it. Its like irl if you shoot a car it leaves a hole in it, but when arnie shoots a car it flips over four times then blows up and takes out 2 cars and building in the vicinity. 8|

LMAO when i read this. I also saw this movie. It was ok. especially how people's blood reacted like a fire hydrant when theirs heads got cut off. Shoots 30 feet into the air.

-Wiggle your big toe.

Ren
26-10-03, 11:27

EVERYONE RUN FROM THE GOVENATOR !!!!!!!11111111111

i know i spelt that wrong, but i'm hungover..urgh

ex-machina
26-10-03, 13:10
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
Enough action and stunt filled fight's to keep and any action junky happy, a fight scene that make's the Smith Vs Neo seam like a family picknick, in term's of comparative scale..

Ok so it's not as big a fight in term's of particepant's but it's still more interseting to watch IMHO..

Yes, and this one actually ends with a reasonable conclusion and doesn't just waste the time on a pointless fight which does nothing to move the story on!

All in all a good flick many may wish to stear clear because of the violence involled, but they'd be missing somthing they might enjoy as it's not mindless gun battle's, in fact firearm's play a very small role in it..

Go see it, but rember it is violent and decapitation is depicted, as well as other not nice way's of killing.. Some sexual refrence's..

Kill Bill is not a violent film imo. I can see why others woudl think it is, but just look at it. The violence is exaggerated, comedic and downright fake. Because that's the idea. There are those who critisize the film for looking fake and those who critisize it for being too violent. Both are unbelievably wrong, it's designed to look over the top and fake.

Edit/
Only minor (or major) gripe is that air travel doe's come into the film and guess what's on the hand lugage......

Again, another intentional reference to the iniquities of the genres he's honouring. Not only do they ALL carry their swords on the plane, but many of the pedestrians in Japan do to. This is wholly intentional.

Think of the Kill Bill World as separate to the Real World. The rules do not apply to it. Each chapter in the story honours a different style of filmmaking, so Kill Bill Volume 2 will be much removed from this one. But within those chapters, the rules of the cinema it is honouring apply, not the rules of the real world. Sure, the Kill Bill world may share names and places with the real world, but that's about it.

Trick is, did anyone figure out The Bride's name? I sorta hinted at it with that sentence :P When you figure it out, the film has a whole different meaning.

Q`alooaith
26-10-03, 16:02
Originally posted by ex-machina
Again, another intentional reference to the iniquities of the genres he's honouring. Not only do they ALL carry their swords on the plane, but many of the pedestrians in Japan do to. This is wholly intentional.

I was trying not to spoil too much of it, it's just somthing for people to look out for, somthing that bring's home hard that it's not set in the real world, but a real fantasy world..

Originally posted by icarium
q you now a disturbing amount about how much blood is in the human body and its behaviour after limb removal and decapitation o_O

personally i shut my eyes right after decapitating people

The ammount of blood in the human body varie's from person to person..

Your a real wimp, the only reason you cut people's head's off is to see the blood shoot upto thrity feet in the air, oh I can't rember but you cut the right part and shoom one very tall spire of blood, though it's only a short blast, not a long fire hydrant type seen in Kill Bill...

BTW, yea once you see Vol.2 you'll understand Vol.1 much more, and each part of it better..

BTW, mkII..
The Smith's Vs Neo fight in the matrix reloaded was meant to potray how much smith had changed, from a simple program, to somthing flawed and almost human with the benifit's of being able to affect the matrix like a human, but with the knolege of a machine...

You'll see what I mean in Revolution's, where the matrix within a matrix will become apparent..

evs
26-10-03, 16:11
Brides name is

if you convert each number into a letter you'll get it (a=01 etc)

Just for any that dont want it spoiling

evs
26-10-03, 16:12
Smith is the human
Neo is the virus

Q`alooaith
26-10-03, 16:17
EVS, oh come on now don't spoil it for anyone who's not worked it out..

icarium
26-10-03, 17:08
Originally posted by evs
Brides name is

stop spoiling fims and check your fucking mobile for TEXT MESSAGES o_O

and thanks u just ruined the next matrix for me 8|

edit: i also cant figure out what that name is :o

Kenjuten
26-10-03, 17:16
How do you know he's telling the truth about the matrix, eh? :D

icarium
26-10-03, 17:18
because i know him and hes a haxing spoilsport :p

Kenjuten
26-10-03, 17:21
Shhhhhh, you aren't supposed to disagree with me. :D

Anyway... I for one don't believe it, I'll wait and see.

icarium
26-10-03, 17:35
it has also just occured to me that he hasnt even seen the second one yet. so hes probly talking out his a-hole AGAIN :p

Kenjuten
26-10-03, 17:36
Exaaaaaactly. =)

Q`alooaith
26-10-03, 18:23
Originally posted by Kenjuten
How do you know he's telling the truth about the matrix, eh? :D

That's good, keep up the spirt's and maybe Neo will be the good guy in the end... well it could happen..

Calculon
26-10-03, 18:38
Kill Bill is brilliant, some great anime from Production IG, loved the gore + the dialog was sparce really but still great. I loved the bit where she just cuts off that womans arm, i was a little ashamed but let out a small laugh. :p . I want to see it at least 3 more times in the olde nickalodeon. :D

Matrix : well i dunno wots gonna happen but i don't think it's that, there's a game coming out called matrix:online, and the matrix still exsists and everyfink. well i'm interested too see,........hmm or read :)

evs
26-10-03, 18:50
mobile phone
o yeah.....
will do

Mantus
26-10-03, 19:26
I found the best part to be the music, of course cuz its a Tarantino movie.

Though the fight scenes were the main feature i thoughts that the character development went way beyond any other action movie i have ever seen. You got to find out a little bit about every character that walked on the scene. The post is very basic but the story developed and became a rather complex one by the end of the film.

Was a very entertaining flick, defiantly worth paying the outrageous ticked prices to watch it in the theaters

msdong
26-10-03, 22:46
Kill Bill is total cool. i watch it an hour ago and i was impressed by the way the movie was made. the chapters, the for and back in time, keeps you thrilled.

the only thing that sucks is that we have to wait for the 2. part till next year :(

Q`alooaith
27-10-03, 13:48
Oh I like the fact it's a two parter... what do soap's do to get people coming back for more... they leave cliffhanger's...

How would you have felt if kill bill had been three hour's long and rushed though?

It's like nice as it's all Kill Bill, there's no sequell and the subsiquent back acting and poor scrtip's. but a second part to a longer story.

Sure is great, if more film's where made to be two or even three parter's instead of tied up story's and then squelled, many would be much better IMHO...

djskum
27-10-03, 14:12
I suggest anyone who's seen Kill Bill goes and finds a copy of Shogun Assassin! Watch it and then you will know where he got (most) of his ideas for the film from! The story's a little different but the fighting/blood/style and some of the plot is derived from this film. Good tho, I enjoyed it!

I saw a much better film this weekend tho, called Hero with Jet Li. My god! The Apocalipse Now of the kungfu genre!!! So amazing words can't describe it! Unfortunately it's not out in the UK (don't ask me where I got a copy). Makes Kill Bill look shite!

DjSKum

ericdraven
27-10-03, 14:14
Where from did you get a copy?

:p

djskum
27-10-03, 14:23
It was a friend of a friends copy on DvD. No idea where he got it from...

We gave it to a friend to rip so we could all get a copy but fate interviened (karma? ;-) and my other friend (who'd forgoten he'd lent it to us to rip) got arsey and had to give it back to his mate before we could burn it! There told you I didn't want to go into it, we were sooooo close to having a copy... ;-)

Too complicated and I didn't get a frikkin' copy in the end :(

Oh well. Off to China Town next week try and find it there!

It is so amazing tho, there were 8 of us watching it and everyone of us were absolutely knocked out by it!

DjSKum

Wellard
27-10-03, 14:42
As said in the post that started this thread, there are lots of references to other films, the most obvious ones are 70s Bruce Lee films, Game of Death, Fists of Fury etc.

So for those posts mentioning the levels of blood in Kill Bill, u should watch 70s horror movies, this may explain the levels and gushyness(??) of blood.

You might also have noticed the crappy "Welcome to our Feature Presentation" intro and "Filmed in SBvision" (I think that was the wording) taken straight from the 70s, also the music, I think the 70s is one of the things Tarantino is paying homage to.

The Anime was uber!!

From the RL pics thread, I notice there are many teenagers playing NC, and maybe this is why a lot of you missed a lot of the references, being a knackered old 31 yr old, I grew up with the above mentioned films.

Go see Kill Bill it rocks!!!!!!!! :cool:

Q`alooaith
28-10-03, 16:34
Originally posted by Wellard
From the RL pics thread, I notice there are many teenagers playing NC

Some of us are a little older yes... Several bit's of the film made me think, I've seen this before.. or that look's like.... and then brain fart I can't think of the name....

Promethius
31-10-03, 18:00
Originally posted by evs
Smith is the human
Neo is the virus

wow thats a mind fuck. Shows how lil i understood of the matrix.

But that brings up more questions which hopefuly wil be answered in the last movie.

Kenjuten
01-11-03, 01:34
That's if you're assuming he's telling the truth. =P

Rachius
01-11-03, 20:12
If you want an in-depth look at the ideas behind the Matrix, get the book called Taking the Red Pill.

I think that I would have preferred it if KillBill wasnt cut into two films, and was just as one 4 hour movie. Then again, not many people would sit in the cinema for four hours.

Shadow Dancer
01-11-03, 20:16
Originally posted by evs
Brides name is

ffs what the hell?

Someone just PM me the name of the bride and how did you figure it out?

FuzzyDuck
01-11-03, 20:57
OMG I saw it today and thought it was amazing. It would appear that there will be 3 volumes and the next one (with Micheal Madson) will feature guns instead of swords (because of the Texas setting) I loved every single moment of it, and the ending kept me biting my tongue wanting more.

Promethius
03-11-03, 02:21
THough one thing i was confused with at the end of the movie. The deformed girl. I kno she cut off her arm and all taht good stuff. But the way he was talkign to her and n a hospital and it only showing her face, it led me on to think that this girl has onthin left but some stumpy arms and legs and god knows wat else she cut off.

Shadow Dancer
03-11-03, 02:39
Too bad, she was a mega hottie, like gogo. :p