PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen this?

icarium
25-10-03, 23:48
www.endlessagesportal.com

looks kind of like planetside with much more depth, on speedballs and LSD. playing 5 day trial atm. good so far. graphics are a bit trippy tbh lol, but its a PROPER fps.

cant remember what server i am on but my name is FeeRsuM if anyone plays and fancies giving me loads of cash :)

just thought i'd share :)

Cruzbroker
26-10-03, 02:19
Ya, I played beta, couldn't pay for the game when it hit gold...
I was crazy back then, needed *alot* of *work* to become uber o_O :D :p

Some err.. pics (http://koti.mbnet.fi/cerberus/kuvat/endlessages/)

Is <LORD> still around? :)

MegaCorp
26-10-03, 02:38
I played it for a couple of weeks. Was fun up until i got high enough level that a "feature" kicked in ... when i died i dropped all of my belongings and anyone could loot the stuff, leaving me with nothing at all if i didnt get back to it fast enough. Wasnt happy with that, so i cancelled my subscription.

Other negatives that were annoying: there was no way to tell how tough a creature was, so what you attacked might simply be too hard for you and you dont know that until the fight starts; and there was no damage bar on mobs to let you know how the fight was going. These may have been resolved by now.

Visually interesting, shooter oriented, quirky interaction methods, had fun jumping around with a jetpack.

Spook

icarium
26-10-03, 02:40
yeah its by no means a perfect game. but is fun atm. jetpacks are ace. another annoying thing is theres no bloody quick belt lol :D

Shortie
26-10-03, 11:49
i played the game when it was in beta.. was a bit fun.
havnt played it since...

Omnituens
26-10-03, 15:10
we raided that game and powah leveled like crazy in the 5 day trial.

they had a DECENT spawn event too, some of the biggest mobs you've ever seen. our chars look puny compared to some of the capped char.

PS Shroomhut music pwns j00

PPS your mom's a flob

icarium
26-10-03, 17:05
Originally posted by Omnituens
we raided that game and powah leveled like crazy in the 5 day trial.

they had a DECENT spawn event too, some of the biggest mobs you've ever seen. our chars look puny compared to some of the capped char.

PS Shroomhut music pwns j00

PPS your mom's a flob

MY MUMS AN EAN o_O

how come u stopped playing anyway? is a good game, got in a clan now and been shown the ropes

mmmmm ropes :)

Nexxy
26-10-03, 17:10
the upgrade looks teh sex. Gunna try it again when it comes out.

icarium
26-10-03, 17:19
yeah upgrade is supposed to improve the graphics immensly

McEvoy
26-10-03, 19:56
Ya is this the game thats real time , not stat based? I remember looking at the game, i had downloaded the movie aswell, i thought about it,

have you seen Face of Menkind (http://www.faceofmankind.com/)
stuid name but it looks alot like neocron in a way. Is anyone beta'ing this can you tell me bout it?

icarium
26-10-03, 20:43
Originally posted by McEvoy
Ya is this the game thats real time , not stat based? I remember looking at the game, i had downloaded the movie aswell, i thought about it,

have you seen Face of Menkind (http://www.faceofmankind.com/)
stuid name but it looks alot like neocron in a way. Is anyone beta'ing this can you tell me bout it?

have applied for FoMK beta. not got in yet though. does look good. seems to be in early stages yet though

Omnituens
26-10-03, 21:40
i stopped playing because i was on a 5 day trial and im a student so can only afford 1 mmo atm.

would like to go back though, i love spawn events where even low-level players can enjoy it and get decent FPS.

if a spawn even was done in NC, i wouldnt see anything new (apart from DoY Pyscho kami :rolleyes: ) and get shit FPS.

then lag out and die.

icarium
26-10-03, 22:31
true also theres a booster pack out that really improves the look of the game. i am getting like 200-300 fps on average. ping is a steady 150-170, but thats bcoz the server is in americ0r

also just seen this posted on forum from a dev

"I promised to begin communication with you regarding some detail of our planned expansion pak. We have reviewed with intensity the ideas the players submitted to us in my earlier request posted in early spring. These ideas were also added to, from players directly to us here at Avaria when we were in game. Basically we try to take all ideas into account. Why? Because it is the players that play this game are the most important source of information and constructive criticism".

cough cough

:angel:

Omnituens
26-10-03, 22:58
i was seriously concidering switching to EA. but i still have things to do.

icarium, look in the sound files for shroomhutACM.wav

its the daddy

we play it teamspeak now and then :p

EDIT: nerf trisks

Scikar
26-10-03, 23:06
Originally posted by icarium
true also theres a booster pack out that really improves the look of the game. i am getting like 200-300 fps on average. ping is a steady 150-170, but thats bcoz the server is in americ0r

also just seen this posted on forum from a dev

"I promised to begin communication with you regarding some detail of our planned expansion pak. We have reviewed with intensity the ideas the players submitted to us in my earlier request posted in early spring. These ideas were also added to, from players directly to us here at Avaria when we were in game. Basically we try to take all ideas into account. Why? Because it is the players that play this game are the most important source of information and constructive criticism".

cough cough

:angel:

The game does sound good, I think I'll give it a bash when I get broadband. But communication from the devs isn't really that big, when Neocron wasn't very old there was lots of communication with MJS here, and it's pretty much the same with most games, except of course the huge games like Doom 3 where the devs only ever talk in press releases. :p

Rizzy
26-10-03, 23:33
loved it :) killing crosps at 4falls is so cool

StrongSad
26-10-03, 23:47
Why do they say "the worlds first massively multiplayer FPS RPG"?????

Thats what NC is newbs.

Cruzbroker
27-10-03, 02:40
IF I remember (of course I don't), EA went Gold when NC was still in beta 4 --> EA first :p

Good old cannabis world... or something...

StrongSad
27-10-03, 02:49
My appologies, I stand corrected....

(NC is still the 1st mmofps/rpg in my mind tho..) :)

Celt
27-10-03, 02:52
Originally posted by StrongSad
My appologies, I stand corrected....

(NC is still the 1st mmofps/rpg in my mind tho..) :)
Only it's neither a good fps nor a good rpg. Just a rather bad(at this stage) hybrid.

StrongSad
27-10-03, 05:09
are you talking about NC or EA?

Omnituens
27-10-03, 14:01
Originally posted by Scikar
lots of communication with MJS here

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*dies*

Tenchi_Runyo
27-10-03, 14:34
*kicks omnituens on the leg hard* he said when the game was new, #$(%*! :p

Tupac
27-10-03, 14:51
this is game has potential but i downloaded it yesterday and only came across 1 other player while running arond for around an hour. Neocron is way better in my opinion

icarium
27-10-03, 15:18
the reason no one is about tupac is they have released the booster pack onto the test server and everyone is on there apparently, also the booster pack when officially released v soon sticks all n00bs in same area instead of seperate race cities, so there should be more peeps about.

@rizzy how come u stopped playing dude?

Omnituens
27-10-03, 16:48
rizzy, me, pliskin and bruteforce took the 5 day trial.

Uline |-|4><><0r5 we are.

i managed to reach the Phylis Gun for the human male in 2 days. ph34r.

Rizzy
27-10-03, 18:52
Didn't want to pay for it. Was a good laugh over half term, I had like 4 trial accounts after another :P frogs are my fave class