PDA

View Full Version : Complicated re-activation of account

ZoneVortex
25-10-03, 22:14
Ok my friend wants to get back into the game, so here's the deal.

He originally signed up for the 10 day trial.

But with his job and stuff he could not afford to pay for it at the moment..

So he cancels his account on the ninth day or something, whatever, just so he would not be charged.

However, now, he wants to play NC on a real subscription...

So we've looked around account info > manage account info/change info or whatever it is, but when he logs in it just says "Cancelled" and there's no "Select payment method to reactivate" thingies.

Then we tried the ol' cancel account again then try to reactivate, but it just came up with "ERROR: This account has already been cancelled".

So...how does he reactivate? I would tell him to sign up for 10 day trial again, but I have a feeling that it's gonna say that the account name he choses is alreayd in use because of the way the database doesn't clear for about 6 months after cancelling an account...

Any KK support have a suggestion? Or someone who's had this problem before? I dunno about emailing accounts@neocron.com or whatever because I don't want his to be one that takes 2 weeks to respond to....he doesn't need to have a shitty experience before he even gets his account going.

Kenjuten
25-10-03, 22:27
Long story short: You can't reactivate a trial account.

Sorry. ^^;

ZoneVortex
26-10-03, 00:11
What the hell? How retarded is that.

Psycho_Soldier
26-10-03, 00:13
You might be able to... I heard someone has been able to before. Just but the shit out of help desk.. :p

Kenjuten
26-10-03, 00:14
It's the standard with every MMORPG I've been in...

Unless in special circumstance, trial accounts can't and won't be reactivated. Just make another trial account.

Omnituens
26-10-03, 01:04
actually, odin did post somewhere that they can be turned into full accounts.

cba to search.

Kenjuten
26-10-03, 01:08
Mmm....ah, I read the whole issue wrong then, my bad. :D

You can't reactivate trial accounts, but you CAN turn them into full accounts even when deactivated...that's the deal? Cool. :cool:

ZoneVortex
26-10-03, 02:07
Originally posted by Kenjuten
Mmm....ah, I read the whole issue wrong then, my bad. :D

You can't reactivate trial accounts, but you CAN turn them into full accounts even when deactivated...that's the deal? Cool. :cool:

I've searched and stuff and I can't find how to do that.

Oh well anyways he just remade a trial account so yeah...whatever.

JiNxY
26-10-03, 03:25
i would like to know how to do it tho if any1 knows

Danae
26-10-03, 15:30
It does not take us any longer than 48 hours to respond to account requests unless they are sent to the supervisor.

We answer and empty the account@neocron.com emails as soon as they come through. Odin is on all weekend - this is my first weekend off in over a month! If you don't get an answer today, you'll get an answer first thing tomorrow morning when I get in.

To see if you are able to reactivate a trial account you must email us.