PDA

View Full Version : Planetside

greendonkeyuk
25-10-03, 21:20
Downloading the demo now, can anyone recommend a server/class etc and a few do's and dont's?

*ph33r*
25-10-03, 21:23
DEFINATLEY play on server Werner. Its the euro server, and the smoothest of the lot.

Don't spam the chat channel, and try and get yourself into a team with a Galaxy dropship so you can stay with most of your squad. When in large battles, try to stay with as many friendlies as possible and when defending the CC don't block the exits as you'll get tked.

Bout all I can think of for now hehe

KidWithStick
25-10-03, 21:31
vanu = alien technology, energy weapons and hover tanks...

TR = the old main military, they have the cycler and duel cycler MAX. i love TR

NC = basically TR, but with diff weapons. there weapon (when i still played) was mainly mediam range, and did pretty damn good damage. they got the strongest tank (vangaurd)

ive played all 3, i liked TR best, but vanu is fun too...i dont care much for NC.

at first i would spend ur certs on mediam assault, so you can use a decent weapon. then when u get enough certs try the reaver. its sweet... when that bores you you can unlearn it and try some tanks and stuff..theres alot of things you can do.

if all of that get boring for you, try unlearing some stuff and switch over to combat engineer with cloaking suit and advanced hacking. youll need like BR 12 for this...but its fun

you can stealth into an enemy base that is just LOADED with enemys...my stealther was vanu, and i would always stealth into a NC base, and then you go up to an empty vangaurd, hack it, get int he gunner cannon and blow the fuck outta all of them..

it is kinda rare that you get that oppurtunity, i did it about 4 times...3 times with NC and once with TR.

man that vangaurd will pwn anything it can reach...

KidWithStick
25-10-03, 21:39
if you got any qiestions or anything about PS you can always PM me

greendonkeyuk
25-10-03, 21:45
yeah nice one mate thanks for that, its a monthly subscription too isnt it? whats the usual cost after the free part? if you post in dollars i can convert.

tbh ive levelled four chars to cap or within 5 levels of cap on their primary stats and now im lookin for some of the old school pick up n play type games. ive been back to quake a lot and unreal in the last few months. used to play both a lot. hearing all this buzz about ps i thought to myself well why not give it a try.

KidWithStick
25-10-03, 21:49
ummm

i think it was $15a month...im not sure though, i never payed for it..i just played beta and at a friends house for a few months into retail

Beanie McChimp
25-10-03, 22:19
GO NEW CONGLOMERATE
I am nc it rules we ge tthis rocket launcher which u control the rockets with mouse.And get a max :) they are funny btw BeanieMcChimp is my planetside name

Alex Mars
25-10-03, 22:26
I have a new players guide you might want to look at:

http://www.alexmars.com/

PS was great until the population dropped and I couldn't find large battles anymore. I'm hoping the upcoming expansion will revive the game.

greendonkeyuk
25-10-03, 23:41
wow thanks for the info mate, your site is cool, if a little too green. Even for me. :lol:

Question though, if i start as one side and i think it sucks can i change to another one? or do i start from scratch?

Alex Mars
26-10-03, 01:21
To prevent spying on an enemy side you can only have soldiers from one side on a single server, so most people had a main server for one side and then an alternate server for playing a different side when they wanted a change. Some outfits would set themselves up on multiple servers so they try out the other sides as a group.

Keyol45743241
26-10-03, 02:03
Play Max for starters, unless you're Vanu.

People always need a grunt to take some beating.

Alex Mars
26-10-03, 02:06
They have a tutorial mission series that is helpful, and supposedly it now works properly so you can complete them all.

JiNxY
26-10-03, 03:21
lol just read the top post on your site alex..

did they really remove the population count just so you cant see how few people are on??

if neocron ever did that there would be an uproar

KidWithStick
26-10-03, 03:58
Originally posted by JiNxY
lol just read the top post on your site alex..

did they really remove the population count just so you cant see how few people are on??

if neocron ever did that there would be an uproar

they did that during beta, all SOE games do it, its not so much to hide that the population droped...just to hide the actual numbers...

during beta though i saw 5000 people on the server...so im guessing during retail it probably peaked up at 6000 people...

but now it probably only gets like 1000-2000...

greendonkeyuk
27-10-03, 21:53
sorry to bump this thread again but im hoping one of the guys who already posted will reply or hopefully someone else will know what to do and it saves me 3 million pms. :/

Ive downloaded the 7 day trial program, saved the icon into my d: and its come up with the file name anetside_updated_trial_gsi.exe.

However when i click on it it doesnt run the game. It comes up with an error that says could not initialize installation (crc).

Im a computer noob unfortunately so wondered if someone could throw me a lifeline.

cheers all

Clothing_Option
28-10-03, 01:34
Originally posted by greendonkeyuk
sorry to bump this thread again but im hoping one of the guys who already posted will reply or hopefully someone else will know what to do and it saves me 3 million pms. :/

Ive downloaded the 7 day trial program, saved the icon into my d: and its come up with the file name anetside_updated_trial_gsi.exe.

However when i click on it it doesnt run the game. It comes up with an error that says could not initialize installation (crc).

Im a computer noob unfortunately so wondered if someone could throw me a lifeline.

cheers all
If u got a CRC error u have to down load the game again cause the file is bad

Clothing_Option
28-10-03, 01:35
Hey i was also interested in PS but i was told by several of my clan mates that it sucked. Does anyone know how many pple are playing the game on avg or is it dead

greendonkeyuk
28-10-03, 01:36
lol

this is the third time ive downloaded it now. ok thanks mate, nice one for replying. Kid with stick said maybe 1000-2000, thats about 1500 more than play nc so i figured id check it out.

Clothing_Option
28-10-03, 01:40
Originally posted by greendonkeyuk
lol

this is the third time ive downloaded it now. ok thanks mate, nice one for replying. Kid with stick said maybe 1000-2000, thats about 1500 more than play nc so i figured id check it out.

Yeah if thats per server that is correct.
only about 2000 pple play NC total on all servers basically cause they like it
not for the nonstop excitement of battles:D :lol: :lol:

KidWithStick
28-10-03, 01:54
Originally posted by Clothing_Option
Hey i was also interested in PS but i was told by several of my clan mates that it sucked. Does anyone know how many pple are playing the game on avg or is it dead

your clan mates suck;)

maybe they just had no FPS skill...

my friend was playing a few days ago, he got a few extra days of gameplay, he said it was cool, and there was still some good size battles and stuff, but for the most part i think alot of the community left because of some of the choices SOE made when going retail.

Marx
28-10-03, 02:07
Vanu emerald. send a tell to absolom and ask to join FF ( -F(_)cking F(_)ckers- ) Sony has the gay name filter bullshit.

And yes, this FF has been around longer than FF on Pluto.

:rolleyes:

Spy (infiltration suit) is teh ubar... when I play periodically I play to get my name up on the kill board, not to gain rank.

I WANT TO BE TEH FAMOUSW!11

greendonkeyuk
28-10-03, 02:10
sorry im not up on this planetside lingo, a tell is like a dm or soemthing? or is it really late and ive got the wrong end of the stick?

also @ kws yes i found the people in my circle of friends who didnt like ps were the ones who werent into/good at pvp. i came to nc from quake 3 and unreal tournament personally so i know what to expect from games like ps.

Marx
28-10-03, 02:12
Yeah, a tell is a DM; just type this: "/tell Absolom Marx said I'm teh cool and anti-social just like him."

Alex Mars
28-10-03, 09:02
1) Reboot and try it again

2) Check the PS site tech forum to see if anyone else has seen this problem and might have a solution.

http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/planetside/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=Technical+Support&number=6&DaysPrune=20&LastLogin=

3) Delete the file you downloaded and then download a fresh copy

hope this helps