PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Have Leveling Tips For PPUs?

PenguinNick
25-10-03, 19:53
Anyone give me some good tips for leveling a PPU I JUST made?

Also, do constructed heal spells etc do more heal / better protection / more boost, or whatever the spell may be?

Thundra
25-10-03, 20:06
make a APU and then lom to ppu when capped :)

or make lots of friends as its a nightmare to solo lvl a ppu

also the higher damage % on the ppu spells the more efective they are. so my 5 slot tl 3 heal on my PE heals a lot faster than a shop baught one

LTA
25-10-03, 20:08
low parashock, low buffs go zap aggies then its gonna be teaming O_o

KidWithStick
25-10-03, 20:17
go APU till like...atleast 90 base PSI, or go all the way to 100 if you want, then LOM ALL of it to PPU...

Spy XX
25-10-03, 20:18
well i was hybrid till i was able to use ressurection, then i lomed to pure ppu and i levelled in teams at caves. (2 ppus + 8 other players = cool and easy exp in caves).

Try to get teams with aoe (Tank, APU, PE (Pistol)).

greendonkeyuk
25-10-03, 20:25
Loming after cap or near cap is one way. However playing a good quality ppu is a million miles away from playing a good quality apu. the two are very different in the way you play them. Personally i preffered to level my ppu from scratch, i did have some apu pre-hybird nerf patch so that i could do missions to level some. Pure and simple by far the best way to level a ppu is get an apu and solo the caves between you. i prefer a small team as its easier to level and keep the other guy alive and you get more money. If you use damage boost sanctum and get him/her to use a barrel then you can sit back and watch the xp soar.

naimex
25-10-03, 20:26
either go apu until high lvl psi or team up with apu all the time ^^

extract
25-10-03, 20:58
find a buddy who wants to make a new APU....level together...I saw a 0/2 apu and PPU in aggy cellar one day....I saw that same APU and PPU together 2 days later bother were already above xx/40 about a week later I saw that same PPU and he was like xx/59

Oath
25-10-03, 21:25
Going APu first is always a good idea.

If you do just make sure to lose the apu mentality.

Otherwise teaming is best.

Aggie pits,
Swamp caves (if your REALLY carefull you can outheal most o them blessed heal minimum)
Chaos caves to cap (larger teams more mobs more Xp)

and before i get the obligitory BS chaos cave rants, its good for a ppu there is almost always a team there and they almost always need a ppu.

aelfkins
25-10-03, 22:56
Agg cellar till your strong enough to drove to MB, Heal and buff(you gain XP for spells on teammates) at the bunker there. When you can rezz, you drive to the chaos caves. Recycling your booster is a great way to bump your dex, and give you a stockpile for the chaos caves.

My PPUs Triumph - Uranus, littlemiss - Saturn

:)

Punisher-X
26-10-03, 01:33
Best way to level a PPU is as follows:
Step 1: Get some double sided sticky tape and apply it to your head
Step 2: Run head first at an APU's arsehole until firmly attached
Step 3: Spam APU with Team requests until he accepts
Step 4: Let APU drag you around by your head until desired level.

Rai Wong
26-10-03, 06:22
You don't need an APU you can stick with anyone even a spy and level well.

Kenjuten
26-10-03, 06:22
People suggest APU because it boosts PSI and INT that much quicker. =x

Drake6k
26-10-03, 06:28
It is not hard to level a ppu if you know what your doing. Get a TL 8 parashock bolt, Best damage doing ppu spell in the game (besides a capped holy paralysis I think). With damage boost its actually possible easy solo some things if you need to. Soulclusters are not half bad if you use them right. Cast a second time on the target to send the SC after it. Go from aggie cellar to MB to CRP and you'll do great.

Kenjuten
26-10-03, 06:37
Oh yeah, to help you out, use lower TL versions of Soulcluster spells to control your higher TL versions. :D