PDA

View Full Version : Reminder : British Summer Time (BST) Ends Tonight

ReefSmoker
25-10-03, 18:39
For those who like to keep to schedules when meeting with friends from around the globe, bear in mind that tonight marks the end of British Summer Time, and the clocks will go back an hour (at least for those using the GMT time zone, not sure what the deal is for the rest of the world).

I wish they'd dumped the whole summer time a few years back like the government was planning, sure we get an extra hour in bed tonight, but in Spring it's such a nuisance to loose an hour's sleep when BST kicks in :)

Take care,

ReefSmoker

NS_CHROME54
25-10-03, 18:41
North American Daylight Time also ends tonight.

Shujin
25-10-03, 18:41
fuckin damnit i dont wanna lose a damn hour of sleep i only get 4-5 hrs as it is >;o

ReefSmoker
25-10-03, 18:43
Originally posted by Shujin
fuckin damnit i dont wanna lose a damn hour of sleep i only get 4-5 hrs as it is >;o

Dinnae worry, you'll gain an hour tonight if you're in a timezone that adheres to this whacky time change :) It's only in the spring that you loose an hour !

Take care,

Reefie

NS_CHROME54
25-10-03, 18:44
shu...

you GAIN an hour tomorrow

Shujin
25-10-03, 18:47
Originally posted by NS_CHROME54
shu...

you GAIN an hour tomorrow gain an hour ;o.... *thinks* gain an hour ;o... so... do i set clock forward or backwards, if forward, i have to sleep less, if backwards i have to sleep more( of get to stay up longer ;] ) ;D

NS_CHROME54
25-10-03, 18:51
you set the clock BACK an hour.

so, say if you have to get up at 9 oclock, you're getting up at what WAS 10 oclock, so you get that extra hour in there.

Shujin
25-10-03, 18:53
Originally posted by NS_CHROME54
you set the clock BACK an hour.

so, say if you have to get up at 9 oclock, you're getting up at what WAS 10 oclock, so you get that extra hour in there. mwa i pwn u time ;O I PWN U TIME!!

*ph33r*
25-10-03, 18:55
Woo an extra hour in bed! Shame clocks didn't go back yesterday, I hadn't slept for 26 hours (went to France by the channel tunnel to visit the Somme battlefield... was a fantastic experience).

My birthday in just under 2 weeks too... mawhah :D

greendonkeyuk
25-10-03, 20:51
Spring forward, Fall back.

Kenjuten
25-10-03, 22:10
Nice pun. =P

I hope this time change doesn't screw me up tomorrow...I got important business with my city ~_~;

Mighty Max
25-10-03, 22:12
every half year the same question,
backward or forward, backward or forward ...

i'd guess i'd now it. But i have to think everytime about that...

Darth Slayer
25-10-03, 22:20
There was a British summertime, damn I missed it again.......:D