PDA

View Full Version : INI edits to run 2 NC's ?

Spikadelia
25-10-03, 17:11
I've seen posts about this set-up before and yes.....used our friend "Search", but I'm still missing something.

I've duplicated my NC files and created a second directory, then I'm going into the INI file, then Updater file which is the only place I can find a PORT entry. I set it to 8050 as oppose to 8040 on my initial set-up.

Yet it launches using the old port number and re-sets the changes I made to the INI file.

Am I altering the correct file? I'm also a few weeks away from setting up a 2 PC network at home and assume that this will work once I have the router in place etc etc ?

Answers on a postcard all gratefully appreciated.:)

ReefSmoker
25-10-03, 17:30
In your main neocron folder is the file you need to edit, neocron.ini. In this file you need to set localport to a different value for each instance of Neocron you have running from behind a single IP address. For example the first instance of NC might have 6001 specified for localport, the second instance of NC could then use 6002 for localport.

If running all instances on a single computer, you want to alter the localport value and save it before each launch of Neocron. Set localport to 6001, save, start first instance of Neocron, then do the same again but saving neocron.ini with a different localport value before starting the second instance on the same computer. If using two seperate computers you'll only need to set the localport values the first time.

Quick final point, since you've got more than one neocron installation, you won't need to change the localport value before launching each instance, that's only applicable if running each instance from a single installation.

Take care,

ReefSmoker