PDA

View Full Version : Neocron Open Beta

Jesterthegreat
25-10-03, 14:51
http://www.gamershell.com/news_AboutBNeocronBOpenBeta.shtml

or for you lazy people...

Summary:

Reakktor today gave a few more details about the upcoming Neocron open beta. The beta will start officially on August, 5th 2002. "The server IP will be announced on the official Neocron websites the same day. The release of the downloadable Neocron client is delayed for some time. As soon it is available, we'll announce the download mirrors here too."

Full Story:

Neocron Open Beta in August

At the launch there will be 4 to 5 worlds available. The number of concurrent users will most likely be limited (per world and overall) to a couple of thousands...

Odin, we are not rushing things: Beta 4 is pretty much done and Beta 3 is about to be closed as B4 starts. The distribution of the client will start in August. Login maybe possible right away (after the distribution of the client has started) or at least from mid August on. The current B3 client cannot be updated to the B4 client. Open beta will be up for at least one month. Distribution of the full game will launch after B4.

Our carrier for the Neocron project is the US-based company Level3 Communications, Inc. There are several dozens of top spec machines waiting to be populated. The servers are based in a European colocation center of Level3, with a direct port to their own transatlantic backbone. This means that the signal will be going directly to the USA without passing any other network. Inside USA, many AOL DSL users will also stay inside the Level3 network, since Level3 is a big carrier for AOL in the USA. However, this does not mean that other (non-AOL) players will be behind - and NO, we are not getting any money from AOL

B4 has to show whether it is required to place machines physically in the USA too. If so, machines can be placed at a Level3 colocation center in New York within a couple of weeks. There's also a picture of the backbone available... Click here to check it out.

It is possible that the B4 client will be distributed in Germany first. This is not to give Germans or Europeans an advantage over US players, but to let the traffic pour in more slowly.

The decision to have an open beta was made a couple of weeks ago and was kept top secret. However, after the... uhmmm... let's call it 'successful' launch of the demo, we decided to spread the word.

Anyhow, once you join B4, we want everybody to keep in mind that it is very close to the final game, BUT STILL BETA! B4 will be a 90-95% complete game.

There will also be a new design at the 4th launch of the Neocron homepage. This new (and final) design will be more easy to navigate... and of course, it will look even better *cough, cough* than the current page.

Accounts for B4 will be opened and managed through the Neocron.com webpage. There's no need to pre-register.

Thundra
25-10-03, 14:58
ermmm .....

whats point in this thread. just wondering

Jesterthegreat
25-10-03, 15:04
dunno really... was looking for a game to beta and found this...

good memories? old times? nostalgia(sp?)?

its neocron related isnt it? :p

:edit: its a pre beta comment... and in the first paragraph it mentions delays...

LMAO they kept the same level of timekeeping ^.^

the only time they kept time well as when Uranus went down every night at the same time :D

Junkie

Thundra
25-10-03, 15:14
i liekd the way they said the limit would prob be a few thousand on each server. i was there for all of open beta never saw that amounf of people lol.

Mighty Max
25-10-03, 15:15
if you dont know anything, its easier to close the mouth.

:edit: its a pre beta comment... and in the first paragraph it mentions delays...
Beta3-time is Pre-Beta? ... sit down, mark F-

LMAO they kept the same level of timekeeping ^.^

the only time they kept time well as when Uranus went down every night at the same time

The open beta got out without delay, yes, the DL version was later then the CD version. But it was not delayed as meant in "later then planned" but in the meaning of "later after the cd, like we planned it.
Thats because of some exclusive contracts with game-magazines.

Jesterthegreat
25-10-03, 15:21
haha i meant pre-OPEN beta :p no need to get angry at me :p

and im sorry i forgot they released beta 4 on time... with all the late things guess it slipped my mind :rolleyes:

Nasher
25-10-03, 20:50
"pre-beta" was just closed beta 4 :p