PDA

View Full Version : Why wont this work!

Tratos
25-10-03, 13:26
in a thread a couple days ago ppl were talkin about the old offline demo where neocron is being attacked by TG, so i decided to d/l it, since it was 97mb and i started to dl it at 2 am GMT i fell asleep...as ya do... woke up and it had finished, even tho im on BB it still took awhile being 97mb anyway

i install it and then try to play it and it comes up with a box like the neocron setup one, BUT all the boxes are empty and when i click the down arrows to select stuff theres either nowt there or a lot of jibberish

i wanna play the demo, why wont it work any help is greatly apreichiated, ( lol i sooooooo spelt that wrong )

Cheers

~T

\\Fényx//
25-10-03, 13:28
Originally posted by Tratos
in a thread a couple days ago ppl were talkin about the old offline demo where neocron is being attacked by TG, so i decided to d/l it, since it was 97mb and i started to dl it at 2 am GMT i fell asleep...as ya do... woke up and it had finished, even tho im on BB it still took awhile being 97mb anyway

i install it and then try to play it and it comes up with a box like the neocron setup one, BUT all the boxes are empty and when i click the down arrows to select stuff theres either nowt there or a lot of jibberish

i wanna play the demo, why wont it work any help is greatly apreichiated, ( lol i sooooooo spelt that wrong )

Cheers

~T

Where you select your graphics/sound card and screen resolution ?

Man havent seen that bug in a looooooooooooooooooooooong time 8| try a reinstall, might be a corrupted file, so then try redownloading it again :) :p

Tratos
25-10-03, 13:36
bugger, tried reinstall happened again, looks like im gonna have to d/l it again :(

ty for the help

~T

oh btw that lil dude in your sig is teh pwns

Kenjuten
25-10-03, 13:39
His sig actually scares me a bit..

...Well, maybe that's because I notice it too much. :p

\\Fényx//
25-10-03, 13:46
bugger, tried reinstall happened again, looks like im gonna have to d/l it again :(

ty for the help

~T

oh btw that lil dude in your sig is teh pwns

Clippy owns j00 :D

Tratos
25-10-03, 13:51
35th in que for d/l, lol

try settin clippy as a tiled background on your desktop for TOTAL OWNAGE lol its mint

~T

\\Fényx//
25-10-03, 13:59
35th in que for d/l, lol

try settin clippy as a tiled background on your desktop for TOTAL OWNAGE lol its mint

~T

please dont tell me you did that.....

Tratos
25-10-03, 14:02
ok

..i didnt

~T :p

EDIT:

DAMN IT

reinstalled it AND re d/led it, and its doing the same thing :( :mad: :( :mad:

~T

Benjie
25-10-03, 18:17
I've seen that Demo on Bravo on the Gamepad Review lol.

Where can I download it? It looked really cool, City Admin was destyroyed and I think the copbots talked. o_O

ReefSmoker
25-10-03, 18:32
This bug sometimes occurs on a regular install of Neocron, as for the demo version of NC, it's so full of holes that swiss cheese looks relatively complete in comparison !!

Joking aside, the best way to tackle this problem with either NC or the demo is to uninstall your graphics drivers, reboot your computer, when Windows prompts you to install new drivers after the reboot, cancel it. Then run the installer for your graphics card's drivers, reboot again afterwards. This fixes the problem most of the time, but there are some cases when it won't fix the problem. If it doesn't fix it for you then I'm afraid I'm out of answers...

Oh and I wholeheartedly recommend WHQL certified drivers, at least that way you know you're not beta testing some new driver release for the maker of your graphics chipset :)

Take care,

ReefSmoker

Tratos
25-10-03, 22:07
Originally posted by ReefSmoker
This bug sometimes occurs on a regular install of Neocron, as for the demo version of NC, it's so full of holes that swiss cheese looks relatively complete in comparison !!

Joking aside, the best way to tackle this problem with either NC or the demo is to uninstall your graphics drivers, reboot your computer, when Windows prompts you to install new drivers after the reboot, cancel it. Then run the installer for your graphics card's drivers, reboot again afterwards. This fixes the problem most of the time, but there are some cases when it won't fix the problem. If it doesn't fix it for you then I'm afraid I'm out of answers...

Oh and I wholeheartedly recommend WHQL certified drivers, at least that way you know you're not beta testing some new driver release for the maker of your graphics chipset :)

Take care,

ReefSmoker

*rubs eyes*

.......wha?o_O , lol ookkkaayyy i'll try that, but im scared of my PC :p lol it does what is pleases so anything could happen, but ill try.

Cheers

oh yeah and @ Benjie, you can d/l it from the Neocron homepage, just clik neocron demo :D , i heard that neocron is under attack by TG and bits of plaza are blown up and shit, so thats why i wanted to play it.

~T

Matthew.v.smith
25-10-03, 23:51
The Demo is quite short and a a quite good starting Tutorial.

the only thing it misses out is how to use skill points O_o
lol i h8 to admit this but since i played the demo before the Full game online i ended up thinking that skill points wernt involved
and so i was left with a Stilleto up to like rank 20 :eek: and about 50 points un accounted for in each sub skill (OH DEAR!) that meant i couldent use any gun :P

yeah embarrasing but if it had mentioned how to use skill points i would have been fine but since in the demo u use a Uzi and a Rocket launcher from the start.........its a bit misleading.

Still fun demo and u can shoot Cops :angel:

Matty.