PDA

View Full Version : graphics card

Cyphor
25-10-03, 04:39
Hi im looking to upgrade my graphics card and think im going to go for a radeon 9600 pro or tx, ive heard neocron doesnt seem to like ati cards though, just wanted to check what the main probs are? and if anyone is using one of the above cards what kind of fps do you get?

Thx in adv.
Cyphor

AfterDark
25-10-03, 05:36
What graphics card do you have now?

If you're upgrading strictly for Neocron, consider getting a new processor instead. Neocron isn't really all that strenuous on the video card, but is quite CPU intensive.

And if you're not buying just for Neocron, get the ATI. Nvidia's shady "optimization" strategies are starting to be exposed and you don't want to get caught with an underpreforming card.

Cyphor
25-10-03, 13:43
Not upgrading just for nc, not that much of an adict anymore :D im more getting it to run newer games like hl2, ffxi etc when they come out.
I built a new pc recenlty but due to cash had to hold back on a graphics card at the time (got a geforce 2 mx 400 in atm :o ) . Atm ati are definetly ahead imo due to their support for directx9 however, nvida are trying to rush some drivers out that will fix their cards probs...
Anyways think im gona go with a radeon 9600xt comes out in early nov and as a mid range card kicks ass atm. I was just posting as wondered if anyone who plays nc with the radeon 9600 series has any probs and do they get good fps? ive seen alot of bugs in tech forums for ati cards although alot seem to be on the older cards?

Atm i still get almost as poor fps as on my old system as my graphics card is like a bottleneck in the system,
running a athlon 2600+ wiith 512 mb crucial pc 3200, hopefully the new card should fix the fps probs im getting when the screen fills up in combat :)