PDA

View Full Version : Tank Leveling Tips

PenguinNick
25-10-03, 03:56
Anyone have good leveling tips for tanks?

Kenjuten
25-10-03, 04:56
Short Way (=\):

Get some good armor, con, and a PPU, head on over to Chaos Caves (or CRP or whatever the hell.)

Long Way (:D):

Do either pure melee or hybrid (melee-&-heavy), and lom to melee or heavy if you chose hybrid, in endgame.

Oh, and missions, dude, missions. :cool:

Course, teaming with some APUs would help that int/psi nicely as well.

naimex
25-10-03, 06:45
no doubt.. run amok in chaos caves with a psychotic PPU.. then you will level a lot faster than any other way... (be prepared for large expenses in repair and ammo supplies... get to know a good repper and put some points into recycle ^^ thats a way to take care of that.. but almost nothing to recycle in chaos caves.. so maybe jsut have a barter nearby to buy you the ammo)

KRIMINAL99
25-10-03, 06:58
Absolutely DO NOT start as melee. They take forever to level- You get a set amount of xp for killing mobs and melee does like the lowest amount of damage over time which means slower xp. Heavy weapons will level you really fast. If you have acces to money on the server the fastest way is to get all the str implants and a bunch of all 3 buyable str drugs, premake all the good weapons, (repoke everytime you can use a new imp) and use AOE weapons in the caves (even at low levels) or maybe a plasma or gatlin cannon on single mobs that people are fighting.
Avoid the laser cannon for leveling its more of a utility weapon and doesnt do as much damage which again means slower xp.

Kenjuten
25-10-03, 13:07
Lowest amount of damage over time...? O_o

Damn man, I must have made a uber tank then, because my damage output kicks j00r ass. =)

Besides, I gain levels with SS much faster than with my other chars. That's why I spend so little time on him. :p

Cliffraiser
25-10-03, 13:14
yes but a CS outdamages a DG or even the speed gat. you said that you should be hybrid, thats prolly why you get low damage output on hc :P

Kenjuten
25-10-03, 13:32
I'm not a hybrid... O_o full melee.

I said hybrid because I feel you need all the options you can get as a tank. You don't have as much ability to be dependant on PSI as the other classes are.

I also suggested hybrid because if people are going to be AOE instead of a ripper, 1.) why kill yourself with LoMs? 2.) It's a bit hard in the beginning for an AOE tank...later on it gets good, yes, but I feel that early on it's a bit harsh.

I think it's also a tad easier to level all the stats if you go hybrid. =P

REMUS
25-10-03, 14:03
I dont see the point in becomeing h-c until you can get a cs, a capped paw of bear come close to/out damages a speed cannon.

Melee rares are pretty cheap too + you level con alot faster than h-c (thats either a good or a bad thing depending on how you look at it ^_^ )

but by far the easiest way to do it is to get a ppu and go all melee, the amount of con, dex and str xp you get will get you capped in no time at all.

extract
25-10-03, 17:18
Originally posted by Kenjuten
Course, teaming with some APUs would help that int/psi nicely as well.

negatory batman, you dont not get INT or PSI from team XP on a tank....the only way to get PSI on a tank AND spy for that matter is doing missions.....

also when i had my tank I started melee until i was at 80 STR with imps that way when i lommed to HC i was able to use the epic speed gun....the only weapon in the game that gives me chubb

Dru Blood
25-10-03, 17:37
well i capped my tank fairly quick

i was melee up until like rank 25, reason for this is i found leveling con was quicker this way,

then i lommed to pure HC and used only gatlin cannons to level i didnt bother with plasma cannons, until i could use the doom beamer, the doom beamer is amazing for leveling i lvld in the chaos caves just firing like a mad man in the small room packed with mobs.

ive seen ppl lvl pure melee and they lvl just as quick, just the die quicker coz they cant get much distance.