PDA

View Full Version : NC Accounts Hacked Again

-FN-
25-10-03, 03:40
I've posted a little alert on the SXR Website (http://www.synergyxr.net), but I wanted to get some consensus from the community on this issue.

I've talked to other clans on Pluto and the common theme seems to be that the accounts hacked have had their email address on the Neocron.com website changed to 'borgoth1@hotmail.com'. There was also an isolated case of 'hooperscooper@hotmail.com'. This could be a great tip for KK into figuring out who this *bites tongue* hacker is. Hotmail logs the IPs for email access for credit card hacking cases and other various reasons. If KK is willing to approach Hotmail from a legal standpoint and find an IP matching their own access records to the IP that accesses the 'borgoth1@hotmail.com' account, a common denominator might be found.

- Edit -
Yes, my account was hacked, but I had the isolated email address change, not 'borgoth1@hotmail.com'.

KidWithStick
25-10-03, 03:52
yes...they could...and end it all...

but will they? i think there to lazy...

Keiron
25-10-03, 03:54
Mine was hacked, but nothing was changed and KK refused to tell me anything about what happened (I.P. and ect)

Shadow Dancer
25-10-03, 03:54
wtf your account was hacked "again"?

Or are you referring to before FN?

-FN-
25-10-03, 03:55
I'm referring to before, sorry.
Sadly, I didn't realize the email was changed until today.

I wasn't cool enough to be in today's wave of hacks.

BlackDove
25-10-03, 04:00
I'd imagine anyone who has the authority to do this is working on another project other than Neocron. At least I would.

VetteroX
25-10-03, 04:01
I find it hard to belive, because Im so hated I should by all means be the target of hackers shouldnt I? Yet everythings fine. Seems to me like the victoms either made a mistake like downloading a trojan or something like that.

Keiron
25-10-03, 04:05
I could believe that if it was random people, but the first time it was only members P.I.M.P., S.X.R., and one other clan (sorry don't remember). Later S.X.R. gets hit again and a few other people as well. Then another wave hits S.X.R. and F.F. (that we know of so far). It seems a little weird to me that 90% of the people hacked are in 4 clans. If it was a Trojan wouldn’t it be a little more spread out?

-FN-
25-10-03, 04:09
Who really knows what the reasoning is *shrug*

http://forums.synergyxr.net/viewtopic.php?t=1246

That was some person claiming responsibility and why. The IP of that poster and all info has been analyzed and even sent to KK. Nothing came of it tho. Mostly because the IP bounced around the world 18 times then ended in Mexico :p

Those reasons are BS at this point. The SXR hacked this time around were players who either aren't PKers or currently don't play all that often.

zAo
25-10-03, 04:37
maybe its just some wrong speculation and alot of coincidence but sxr is ca right..............

thers a guy named lorgoth who is tg lorgoth sounds like borgoth...... maybe the mod will change my post but its a bit coincidental

ghandisfury
25-10-03, 05:35
Actually FN, I am closer than you can imagine. I know the *three* people who assisted in hacking this account. I have already started gathering information from MSN.....it's inevitable now.....just a matter of time.

P.S. I am not stopping with a ban, I *will* be filing criminal charges here.

Twitch
25-10-03, 06:32
Originally posted by ghandisfury

I'm sure a judge will take the theft of in-game items very seriously.

Kenjuten
25-10-03, 06:42
It isn't the matter of ingame items, man...

Jesterthegreat
25-10-03, 15:25
yes, they hacked + stole 90% of my items / money... twice

but no, accout details never changed

Syntax-Error
25-10-03, 15:31
Originally posted by Twitch

No but he will throw the harsh computer crime law at him

Trust me. if found guilty the guy WILL go down.

Marx
25-10-03, 15:41
Leo Frankowski was hacked.

ONOZ, MY TL 150 RESEARCH TOOL & TL 100 REPAIR TOOL AND MONEY WAZ TAKEN.

:rolleyes:

Luckily all my stuff is on my Marx account.

Nothing account wise was changed, I changed m' password again after. Whoever's doing this is a douche.

Snake EYE
25-10-03, 16:41
This sucks.

Who ever it is obviously doesnt like FF, SXR and PIMP (if its the same guy/people that hacked PIMP) - So who do FF, SXR and PIMP all attack?

And I noticed that the post on the SXR forum is aimed at Rento, so who has Rento pissed off or who doesnt he get on with? Might narrow it down if we can find answers to these, and if other people could think of other questions to single people out it would be cool.

These are just ideas, I am not pointing my finger at anyone.

Edit:
Yeah Freaky, KK really should talk to hotmail. Although the guy coulda been using a net cafe or something :'(

Syntax-Error
25-10-03, 16:49
I think , if KK really wanted they could do the same as they did with United Admins and call in the FBI.

It solved alot of the UA hack problems. and it "should" solve them here.

Mighty Max
25-10-03, 16:53
Remember that the German Laws apply. Without a judge sentence no ISP is allowed to give out informations.

And the judge has to be called from the hacked person afaik ...

solling
25-10-03, 17:13
well whomever did this is a retard that apparently cant handle being beaten ingame its just sad really

-FN-
26-10-03, 07:41
I just wanted to make a public statement letting everyone know, while the email that's been used contains the name borgoth, that is just some attempt by the hacker to give either SXR or our member, Borgoth, a bad name.

The runner Borgoth in SXR has *nothing* to do with these hacks! Just wanted everyone to know that :)

G.0.D.
26-10-03, 07:55
'borgoth1@hotmail.com'
that email sounds familiar... Trying to think where ive seen it b4.
mind you the hacker mighta changed the email to blame who ever owns that addres, so it might not be his... unless hes a flamming moron.

just one last question... are you guys sharing your accounts with other suxor members?

-FN-
26-10-03, 08:08
Ever since I was hacked the first time, I have shared nothing with anyone. Which makes the 2nd hack on FN very annoying.

I can't speak for anyone else.

Berzerker
26-10-03, 10:10
Bring back crusifition. Nail the fuckers up. Bastard Hackers.

We may have our difrences FN, but fucking with peaples shit is not on. I hope you catch em.

Ascension
26-10-03, 13:00
="misterqwerty"]Hey Rento you don't know me but we talked 2 nights ago. I was wondering if I could use your char again to show my cousin Neocron? We didnt really get to finish playing. I promise I wont delete your character and all that THIS time.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I truely am. But this is just karma coming back to bite people in the butt. You notice that all 19 characters that have been hacked are all on pluto and are all JERKS to other players? In and Out of game. You guys really need to rethink how you treat people and ruining other's fun.

Be more like Mayze or Dajuda, they are really nice... Freaky Fryd is pushing it ~

Btw you had GM spawned weapons whats up with that??

Btw you and mumbly TOTALLY overexagerated your rares, I took a look at them before I deleted.

One last thing, everyone needs to stop coming up with all these theories about how they think these accounts were stolen.

It has NOTHING to do with hacking the NC servers. Nothing to do with 3rd party programs or registry stealing or unsecure websites.

K, I'll leave you alone now.

Please tell me this dude has a static IP? surely FN can see from the admincy options?:confused:

ericdraven
26-10-03, 13:06
Originally posted by Ascention
Please tell me this dude has a static IP? surely FN can see from the admincy options?:confused:
Of course he "hacks" those accounts directly from his own box with a static IP, that's what all advanced hackers do......... :)

Omnituens
26-10-03, 15:20
find them and take them to court.

instant publicity.

Archeus
26-10-03, 16:13
Originally posted by Twitch

If they are in America hacking alone can carry 5-20 years now thanks to the new PATRIOT act (hacker = terrorist).

'borgoth1@hotmail.com'
that email sounds familiar... Trying to think where ive seen it b4.

Yes I've seen the email too, doesn't mean the hacker owns it though.

Mighty Max
26-10-03, 16:16
Borgoth, wasnt this a clanmember of you FN?

and wasn't he the first who got hacked? or atleast pretended to be hacked? [read this in an old post from ya FN]

Are you sure you trust the right pps?

Archeus
26-10-03, 16:20
There was a clan member called Borgoth in SXR. His information is still available.

I should also point out SXR that if you have any passwords to accounts on your site in "log in only" places you remove. I bypassed your "you must have an account to log in" in 1 second, and I wasn't even hacking (DM me).

My guess it is one person who was in all the clans and just passed around a trojan.

KimmyG
26-10-03, 16:22
ONly hacked account claims I have seen are all from your clan so I am thinking its not hacked account but idiots sharing info with clan members.

Sorry but that is my opinion.

Jesterthegreat
26-10-03, 16:24
well mine was, twice, and i play a different server to these and dont know any in real life...

so that fucks up your opinion ^.^

haha

NC Junkie

-FN-
26-10-03, 16:42
Originally posted by KimmyG
ONly hacked account claims I have seen are all from your clan so I am thinking its not hacked account but idiots sharing info with clan members.

Sorry but that is my opinion.

Way to be a constructive member of the community by sharing your negative opinions when you obviously don't know anything about any of the hacks. Even if you were new, had you at least read *this* thread, you'd have seen FF and PIMP have also been hacked multiple times. I also know Dark has been hacked as well.

Stop being ignorant.

KimmyG
26-10-03, 17:14
Actually FN, I am closer than you can imagine. I know the *three* people who assisted in hacking this account. I have already started gathering information from MSN.....it's inevitable now.....just a matter of time.

Look out FBI there is a new hack hunter in town. Seriously this is almost as pathetic as the CS kids who say they are gonna hack my PC cause I head capped them.

Ignorant? I turely dont believe someone hacked the servers to get your info or hacked your PC this comes straight down to stupid clannies sharing info I know this goes on in pluto most pluto clans.

What is doing this?

Most likely account sharing deny it all you want.

Maybe fools DLing every 3rd party program under the sun.

CerealKiller
26-10-03, 18:21
First off, These are Crackers doing this, not hackers, hackers don't have the mentality to do this shit, Hackers are respectable people. So get your shit straight on that.

Secondly, this game is very unsecure. A friend of mine who no longer plays this game used to hack in and boot people off, and he had a decent amount of access to User/Pass combinations, he's a respectable guy, and would boot people being real assholes. Mind you I'm not condoning that, even if the people getting booted were pissants.

ZigZag
26-10-03, 18:47
U know im so tired of useless ignorant idiots coming with all their - I know better than u - crap.

I have 2 computers - 3 accs. - why hack only one of em?? It took us a while to figure out and we realised - to get MC 5 parts. We had been going to MC 5 regularly - all my chars have been there - 2 of em regularly - an apu and a ppu - why hack the APU? - he does the damage and gets the parts.

One acc cancelled already - 2 more soon if nothing is done.

ghandisfury
26-10-03, 19:31
Look out FBI there is a new hack hunter in town. Seriously this is almost as pathetic as the CS kids who say they are gonna hack my PC cause I head capped them.

Ignorant? I turely dont believe someone hacked the servers to get your info or hacked your PC this comes straight down to stupid clannies sharing info I know this goes on in pluto most pluto clans.

What is doing this?

Most likely account sharing deny it all you want.

Maybe fools DLing every 3rd party program under the sun.

Please *try* to show some intelligence here (I know it will drain you but....). Anyway, I have emailed MSN, they are currently getting his IP address, and any other information from him.....I'm not good with computers, I know the basics. I'm sure there is much more imformation they can gather. On the flip side of this, I have already narrowed it down to 4 players. Like I said, it's just a matter of time.

P.S. Draft Cybercrime treaty states

Make it a crime to create, download, or post on a website any computer program that is "designed or adapted" primarily to gain access to a computer system without permission. Also banned is software designed to interfere with the "functioning of a computer system" by deleting or altering data.

Which means that it doesn't matter if you are hacking Neocron or Etrade.......both are equal.....both are jail time.

solling
26-10-03, 19:44
kimmyG ure prolly the most ignorant person on these boards
so if something have not happned to u it must be a fake and peops that shared account etc is that it ?

FF HAD a char hacked that is a fact and i know for a fact that it was NOT becourse of shared accounts

plz think a lil before u say anything as stupid as that

Syntax-Error
26-10-03, 20:16
And the FBI will take this VERY seriously. anyone who can do this. is capable of doing more. and as such is a security risk.

KimmyG
26-10-03, 20:19
hmmmm lemme majority of these allegations are all from large clans and not random runnners. Hacking is a preety serious crime large risk there to get a few mc5 parts.

Most of this crap is ushally I dont want to look dum for giving my info out or I deleted a char i cry hack and try to get it back. If it was differn't people yea i could see hacker or cracker or whatever you wanna call it. But seeing as for the most part it is runners from the same clan I gotta think it is the bane of the shared info.

IM ignorant.

What I see large clan with stolen and deleted shit most clan share info so maybe you pissed of a memeber that had your info and booted him and he is out for revenge.

What you want me to believe someone is hacking the KK servers to piss you off.

Both possible but one a lot more likely than the other.

Syntax-Error
26-10-03, 20:22
[flaming - I know you can say that nicer then you did]

KimmyG
26-10-03, 20:26
Originally posted by Syntax-Error
[Edited for consistancy]

Why my reasoning getting a little close to homeplate?

Anyone who believes the ub3r h4ck4r is out there getting sxr and pimped owned.

Over the fact that these clan most likely share info and has someone on the inside logging in and taxing shit is a total moron.

Marx
26-10-03, 20:26

I'd say that makes that particular point obvious.

KimmyG
26-10-03, 20:29
Originally posted by Marx

I'd say that makes that particular point obvious.

Well they make a big deal out of it maybe someone having a good laugh.

or lets take it seriously

"it has NOTHING to do with hacking the NC servers. Nothing to do with 3rd party programs or registry stealing or unsecure websites"

Maybe this guy is in the clan and like he said it is shared info not the uber cracker hacker job.

Marx
26-10-03, 20:31
Thats a great answer... If it was just SXR that was hacked.

Pretty much all the big name Pluto clans have had characters hacked.

my tradeskiller alt was hacked and the bastard took my tools... not much of a loss comparitively... but it doesn't change the fact that no one but me has access to that account.

KimmyG
26-10-03, 20:32
then maybe its useing shit like this

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79984

people also have multiple accounts maybe its the same person that has gotten into differn't clans. Or a group of people that are in differn't clans.

Marx
26-10-03, 20:34
Then explain how people who make a point of not using non-KK-made programs still get hacked?

o_O

Syntax-Error
26-10-03, 20:34
Yeah just like that, im a well known hacker that there program will take over your comp and also make u a cup of coffee.. BUT ITS A COLD ONE!!!!!!!!!!

stupid moron.

Mr Blonde
26-10-03, 20:37
i have not been hacked and hope i never will be

KimmyG
26-10-03, 20:38
Originally posted by Marx
Then explain how people who make a point of not using non-KK-made programs still get hacked?

o_O

So someone hacked into KK servers to get your Tl-150 tool?

Syntax-Error
26-10-03, 20:42
Why not.. how were they to know what he had till they got in.

and people will do something just to prove they have. every single MMORPG out there has had its share of hacks. you can count on that.

KimmyG
26-10-03, 20:47
Why not.. how were they to know what he had till they got in.

and people will do something just to prove they have. every single MMORPG out there has had its share of hacks. you can count on that.

Maybe you got hacked maybe you didn't yea I know every game has been hacked at some point.

All im saying is seeing the circumstance here it looks more like shared info.

Syntax-Error
26-10-03, 20:49
No u accused them of lieing and sharing there info when u had no idea what so ever about what had happend.. neither have i. it could be that but i doubt it.

KimmyG
26-10-03, 20:52
No u accused them of lieing and sharing there info when u had no idea what so ever about what had happend.. neither have i. it could be that but i doubt it.

No they may think they have been hacked but I would wager there is some info sharing going on.

Marx
26-10-03, 23:48
So someone hacked into KK servers to get your Tl-150 tool?

No, someone hacked my account and found that it wasn't all its cracked up to be.

So I was out 9 million credits, tools, and about 40 unid'd parts.

It wasn't as bad as it could've been, had Marx been hacked - I would've said goodbye to this game.

pix
27-10-03, 14:58
Do you people have the same username on the account as the name on your char? If you don't, how would anyone guess your username?

flyjedi
27-10-03, 15:05
hacking neocron accounts is quite a lame waste of time

flyjedi
27-10-03, 15:07
/me waits for account to get hacked and all his rares to vanish misteriously without trace

J. Folsom
27-10-03, 15:55
Also banned is software designed to interfere with the "functioning of a computer system" by deleting or altering data. OH NO, HE'S RUNNING WINDOWS, GET HIM! MAYBE HE'LL THROW SOMETHING IN THE RECYCLE BIN, AAARGH!!!

What?

flyjedi
27-10-03, 16:00
Originally posted by J. Folsom
OH NO, HE'S RUNNING WINDOWS, GET HIM! MAYBE HE'LL THROW SOMETHING IN THE RECYCLE BIN, AAARGH!!!

What?

hahahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:

Syntax-Error
27-10-03, 16:32
Yep and since the home computer store the login info. or simple to hack into 90% of systems to get the data. if thats so then im safe as houses cos it takes a real pro to get into a system thats well protected. and a pro wouldnt waste his time here.

death&decay
27-10-03, 16:40
I think my account is quite safe coz my username and pass have nothing to do with charnames and, they don't make any sense lol.

That's a nice way to protect data, make it look like senseless junk.

Archeus
27-10-03, 20:07
if thats so then im safe as houses cos it takes a real pro to get into a system thats well protected. and a pro wouldnt waste his time here.

Except that houses are very easy to break into. You assume you are protected because you are careful? Some attacks don't even have to assume that.

Your only as safe as your weakest link in your security. You share your machine with a family member?

Anyone who puts thier hand up and claims "Hey you can't hack me" is just asking for trouble.

Bladepoint
28-10-03, 00:50
Well they make a big deal out of it maybe someone having a good laugh.

or lets take it seriously

"it has NOTHING to do with hacking the NC servers. Nothing to do with 3rd party programs or registry stealing or unsecure websites"

Maybe this guy is in the clan and like he said it is shared info not the uber cracker hacker job.

Ah yes lets take this ostensible criminal for his word, if it's actually the person who did this, because we all know criminals never lie? Wonderful application of logic. Marvelous. And if it was someone else taking advantage of the situation the above statement is moot since he/she did not perpetrate the act.

Most of this crap is ushally I dont want to look dum for giving my info out or I deleted a char i cry hack and try to get it back. If it was differn't people yea i could see hacker or cracker or whatever you wanna call it. But seeing as for the most part it is runners from the same clan I gotta think it is the bane of the shared info.

IM ignorant.

What I see large clan with stolen and deleted shit most clan share info so maybe you pissed of a memeber that had your info and booted him and he is out for revenge.

Both possible but one a lot more likely than the other.

And just what do you base this on? That maybe FF, SXR, and DARK are insane to give out passwords to everyone then kick people out without bothering to change this info? Why the hell is your theory more possible than hacking? You know nothing about how these three clans share or don't share info or anything else, but it can't be hacking because you think it's so and without providing any statistical or emprical backup?

Oh and I forget it's just so easy to delete a character by accident since it's a one click process... oh wait no it isn't it actually requires confirmation.

Christ why don't you try putting a little thought into your posts instead of making shaking assumptions and using spurious logic based on vaccuous arguments.