PDA

View Full Version : Why do GMs interfere??

Sanch0s
25-10-03, 00:14
On uranus where im trying to lvl a char, ncpd is full of guards and cops on eachlayer! Its impossible to even find a suitable spot to lure them down, they have obviously been spawned by a GM.
So, why would a GM do this? what is the point in taking away yet another lvling spot? Why are u ruining the game?
Since there are never cave teams anymore this game has just became shit unless your already capped, the game has become too important about being in a clan, it used to be fine where ayone could gr to crp and find a team, back then we could all level together, pking went on buy hey atleast we had time to lvl.
Shit like this is making everyone leave, and the game is no longer as fun as it used to be.

Shadow Dancer
25-10-03, 00:17
Originally posted by Sanch0s

Since there are never cave teams anymore this game has just became shit unless your already capped, the game has become too important about being in a clan, it used to be fine where ayone could gr to crp and find a team, back then we could all level together, pking went on buy hey atleast we had time to lvl.
Shit like this is making everyone leave, and the game is no longer as fun as it used to be.

I totally agree.

Mantus
25-10-03, 00:19
Ehem, try other caves, you dont need a team even if you are a weak ass spy...

[VP]Orion
25-10-03, 00:29
Well, on Saturn its rather easy to find teams both in CRP or TG cave. Though as mentioned before, PKing is rather common.

Btw, I didnt quite get it where you meant. If it was lvling inside NCPD then I think its good that the GM spawned more copbots there. Killing NPCs inside faction hqs and such are really lame.

Tazo
25-10-03, 00:32
ncpd != leveling spot

maybe thats the reason

petek480
25-10-03, 00:33
On uranus where im trying to lvl a char, ncpd is full of guards and cops on eachlayer! Its impossible to even find a suitable spot to lure them down, they have obviously been spawned by a GM.
So, why would a GM do this? what is the point in taking away yet another lvling spot? Why are u ruining the game?
Becuase people exploit while leveling in ncpd so gaurds can't hit them.

QuantumDelta
25-10-03, 00:37
Because people used to exploit NCPD HQ for leveling.

Not that KK couldn't have done something simliar for Tech Haven :rolleyes:

Damn you pete :p

Opiate
25-10-03, 00:50
Why do ppl think caves are the ultimate levelling spot?

I agree that levelling has become more difficult, but...isn't that something a lot of people wanted? I find the levelling in NC still very easy, sure you need to know where to go for uber exp., but even a newbie can still level very fast compared to some other games.

Personally, I see the time that I was a total newb as the best time I've had in NC. The wasteland was a hospitable place, Doomreapers insta-killed you and even muties posed a challenge. All the changes KK has done regarding levelling and GR access, have only extended new-player's newbie experience. That can't be a bad thing.

Oh, and I'm BD atm, and I don't find it that hard to reach any place on the map that I can't GR to. Anyone afraid of walking the wastelands?.....You should!

MayhemMike
25-10-03, 00:53
SHHHH PETE@!!!@$#$#$%@~!

Sanch0s
25-10-03, 01:05
Where?? I wanna exploit too.........
Anyway i want a apu bad so im loMMing my ppu back to apu :( Im gonna Have a fun night :P

greendonkeyuk
25-10-03, 03:11
Personally i prefer the caves by myself. It means i get more xp. Sure it prolly means i aint gonna do the whole cave in one go etc but hey i get to level. Yes im a spy. Yes im on uranus. No its not hard. Maybe you should give it a go.

VetteroX
25-10-03, 03:16
this is something that really bothers me in NC. Anytime theres a small bad problem, ex: el fared GR not being reachable, or an npc not working, it takes a long time to be fixed. but the instant they see a spot in the game were theres something slightling wrong but nice for the player, ex sewer flies and bats dropping mid level melee weapons that sold for 2-3k each or a place where its easy to level, they nerf it immeditely.

Kenjuten
25-10-03, 05:05
....Right...

...Like sewer flies would be able to carry melee weapons... O_o

Sorry, but these ain't Ants we're talking about here. Maybe ants would be able to do it but flies sure can't. :p

Nice humor there though. =P

Seriously. :D

mystery8
25-10-03, 06:30
Maybe I'm just crazy...
But I'd expect a Police Department Headquarters to be loaded with Cops.... Especially with a paranoid Dictator at the helm :D

Sanch0s
25-10-03, 11:22
Its more the fact that im pissed off, i miss the old days where crp was always full. There was always something going down its like the plaza 1 of the wstelands.............or it was.

\\Fényx//
25-10-03, 11:29
Its more the fact that im pissed off, i miss the old days where crp was always full. There was always something going down its like the plaza 1 of the wstelands.............or it was.

untill they locked GR's *taadaaaaa*

remove the locked GR's untill they implement some neutral GR's so that there are still some fucking people in the wastelands, hell, plaza 1 populations skyrocketed, congrats KK, youve slapped everyone headlong into the realm they call boredom

Mighty Max
25-10-03, 11:34
1. to use a safe place to lure the guards into death is not leveling, its exploiting.

2. the massive flood of copbots around the city has to do sthg with the story, you ever read the neocronicle ?

3. ahhhhh, how wf could you even post it on the forums? do you get excited by flames ?

Sanch0s
25-10-03, 11:58
No ones flamming o.0
Im not so bothered about the fact that ncpd is full im more bothered about how boring the game is becoming and how it is gradualy being ruined.

Sanch0s
25-10-03, 11:59
Oh and no i dont read neocronicles, them stroylines dont mean much to me, its all about DOY but where is it?

ReefSmoker
25-10-03, 12:10
NPCs are for roleplay.
Mobs are for levelling.

I don't know how often GMs have to deal with people submitting a support request to report Officer Jenna missing (or any other NPC used in missions / faction runs) but I reckon that anything they can do to ensure people use mobs instead of NPCs for levelling is a good thing.

Take care,

ReefSmoker

Quick edit : I don't think the locking down of GRs is much of an issue when it comes to reaching levelling spots, it's certainly not stopped me, and on the up-shoot, I get even more exp now than I did before when I'd GR directly to where I wanted to level. This is due to the fact that I encounter numerous mobs en-route and taking care of them helps push the exp up higher.

Kenjuten
25-10-03, 13:14
Eh. People have been smiting the NPCs ever since beta.

Besides, NPCs are for killing as well.

I remember when a CM(?) back in beta, decked out in full PA and AOE, some sorta plasma cannon, was killing BD guards all the time...forgot his name, but I think he was pretty famous.

Sure, the NPCs may not necessarily be for leveling, but if you want to say they're for role play, one day I may stick one up Lioon's ass (or the rest of CA) if I feel he's not doing things right. =\ Same goes for any of the other VIPs in the game.

Nasher
25-10-03, 13:57
They wont change NCPD yet because the map files are quite big which would = big patch. They will probably save those types of changes for DOY.

\\Fényx//
25-10-03, 14:07
Originally posted by Nasher
They wont change NCPD yet because the map files are quite big which would = big patch. They will probably save those types of changes for DOY.

The map files, as far as file size goes, and piss tiny compared to anything else, it's the skin's that make the size of it, not the wireframe map...

//Ring\\
25-10-03, 21:15
er dude the map file is small, its all the textures that make it big they just need to change the wireframe model :P

ya i noticed lvling is hard now, i couldnt even find a single person at oz4 while i still lvled there or at the sewers even, all the n00b lvling spots are empty, its good cuz theres more for u to kill but the bad side is the high lvl spots u need a team to go with since that is most of the time faster then going solo

UN-NERF TEH GAME!!