PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid was more fun :|

spydre1070
25-10-03, 00:13
I think the day when I really started getting bored was the day they made it suck to be a hybrid. I know they were never intended, and that monks themselves weren't intended to level solo, but I can say it was fun going out for hours being able to heal yourself and deal out damage at the same time. I know an APU can probably do fine on his own, but I hate medikits the way they are. Maybe they should rethink hybrds over and come up with something more considerable. That would definitely get me to pay for my account again :D

-Mankind

Nixon
25-10-03, 00:14
IMO -40% was too harsh.

Mantus
25-10-03, 00:25
I agree that hybrid idea i a good one, i just think that they should be balanced. Which would mean that they should be about as tough and do as much damage as a Private Eye.

The current APU is balanced, its only the PPU the tilts things in their favour. Making them as tough as tanks with their already amazing damage outputs.

Its the PPU that fudged up, if they fix them they fix everything. Once that is blanced they could start working on re-introducing the old hybrids.

KRIMINAL99
25-10-03, 00:34
Man I dont think hybrids ever should have existed at all. PPU gives way too many uber special abilities that someone shouldnt have AND be able to attack AND be invincible. Of course it was cool to play as a hybrid comapred to other classes :/ You were about twice as powerful.

Nixon
25-10-03, 00:44
kriminal yeah the old hybrids were too uber..

But i'd still like to see hybrids.. I'd go hybrid if they made it -25%
or even -30% instead of -40% which is gimpage to oblivion.

KidWithStick
25-10-03, 00:45
im glad they did what they did... fucking hybrids were begging to drive me nuts...

Sorin
25-10-03, 00:49
Originally posted by KRIMINAL99
Of course it was cool to play as a hybrid comapred to other classes :/ You were about twice as powerful.

Hell yeah! Talk about self sufficiency too. I LIVED in the graves going solo for two weeks straight when my monk was hybrid before the murder patch, only coming back to the city to boosters and armor repairs. I could stay out in the wastes leveling and going about my business for weeks on end, while being able to take care of just about any mob I encountered. It was so much fun.

Being PPU now, while it's cool for the invincibility and helper aspect (as in boosting people in plaza 1 and helping low level people occasionally in cellars and such), it's kinda boring now when I'm by myself and come across a mob. My options currently are stand there and stare at it while it vainly tries to kill me, or run away cause he won't kill me and I won't kill him. Bleh.

Ah, hybrids. :( R.I.P.

Vamil
25-10-03, 00:55
Pretty much KK can't do shit to monks tell you the truth. The Hybrid was a fun as hell class to play, overpowered but hell of a lot of fun. And since its one person to play the class, a hybrid did make mistakes, i've killed several of them with libby's (pre boosted ones).

Now with the pures you have an invincible god and the other half that is the pure damage dealer. How is it you kill a ppu nowadays?? APU's. How is it you kill apu's?? Shoot at them, drop them dead but since there poison lasts for a few mins you die too (with 50 poison resist, 4 stacks killed me dead). Both of you end up in plaza 1 lookin for pokes.

I see people screaming about monks everyday on these forums, Give up, Neocron has gone to the "Cool" and "Uber" class now. Monks are gonna reign supreme until KK looks at all the complaints and says.. "hmm, you Dev's think monks are broken??"

Its to the point when I stopped playing my 4 characters on Uranus (Won't get into the bullshit about that server) and made a pistol PE on pluto, I had FUN!!!.... Til the PvP part came into play, i'm 5 dex from capping and no longer have fun now. I'm in a City Admin clan on pluto (which makes the whole server red at night :) and When we go to OP fights its just depends on whos got the most Monks wins. You might as well just Direct the leader of DarK, FF, or any of those other bandwagon jumpers and ask... "Hey guys, uhh we only got 2 monks on atm. A ppu and an APU, how many you guys have?" the reply is simple. "We got 9, 4 ppu's and 5 apu's. Plus our random nowdays worthless hacker spy/PE's that just took your first layer down, might wanna get out here and stop us"...

"Naw, Good fight guys..."

Shadow Dancer
25-10-03, 00:56
4 stacks kills you with 50 resist? Uhhh how much HP do you have? O_o

.Cyl0n
25-10-03, 00:57
yeap i want my hybrid back so much..
i exactly have the same feeling of... BOREDOM now =(

i also think that would be the best solution for the monk problem...

.cy

Nixon
25-10-03, 00:59
damn cyl i was counting seconds here when will you see this thread :P

Vamil
25-10-03, 01:26
Sorry shadow, forgot to mention the fire apoc at the start of the fight. Anyway, I glanced at your way to deal with the monk problem and I like it. But theres a HUGE problem, what about places like MC5, doybots, kami soldiers, etc...

I have yet to step into MC5 on pluto, cause of one reason.... I'm a PE. On Uranus with my ppu monk K.soze, I could just say in OOC: Goin to MC5 Need an apu to go with me and poof i'd get 20 directs saying they'd go. Its completely unfair knowing that i'll almost never get an SA or any MC5 parts for that matter without millions upon millions of creds. Which that isn't entirely true either cause i offer about 1.5 mil a part and still get laughed at, cause they want trade. Guess what they want for trade. yep, more MC5 parts. I feel sorry for some of the newer players to servers knowing that without them making a monk theres almost no way for them to advance past the curve people had when MC5 was doable with tanks and the walls were up.

KK is making these mobs to god damn hard without a ppu, I feel as if I'm back playing EQ again where my guild can't go kill The Rathe for flags cause we are short 3 clerics for rotation heals. Its sickening, I'm looking out for other games but this one has/had so much potential that I don't wannna change. But if this monk shit isn't solved i'll be damned to give KK any more of my money.

Shadow Dancer
25-10-03, 01:28
You mean self/cast buffs?

Kenjuten
25-10-03, 01:32
Vamil, mobs would have to be toned accordingly, just like they did when they did what they did to hybrids...

As for the hybrid-likers out there, I myself am a hybrid, but...

I seriously believe, that even if KK actually wanted to improve them a little better than how they are now, that change cannot be made until other changes are made.

Back in hybridocron, damage caps were 376%, around, yes?

Caps are much, much higher now, and also, the PSIstat-table was different then than now.

Also, we're bitching about PPUs and APUs, and you want them to remove gimpage, (Edit: even partially,) from ourselves?

Sorry, but I will have to side with the mindset of KWS on this one, in the way that if they get improved before everything else is solved, we'll have something far worse than the hybridocron of yesteryear.

Rade
25-10-03, 01:59
The few hybrids that are still around have proven time and time
again that hybrids are still more powerfull than any class than
pure monks. Hybrids are fune, pures needs nerfing. (And hybrids
needs to be viable without DS and mad PA swappage but thats
another issue)

Shadow Dancer
25-10-03, 02:03
Originally posted by Rade
The few hybrids that are still around have proven time and time
again that hybrids are still more powerfull than any class than
pure monks. Hybrids are fune, pures needs nerfing. (And hybrids
needs to be viable without DS and mad PA swappage but thats
another issue)

*sniff*

You think apus need nerfing?

:(

Rade
25-10-03, 02:08
Yepp. back to 3**% max dmg and serious range nerfing. They
would still be one of the major headpieces in group battles but
onoz, they would probably lose against PEs in duels, then again,
who cares about duels? Altho, the reasom that apus
are "overpowered" is that they become too good when they are
backed up by a ppu, this could be solved by nerfing ppus, and
possible leaving APUs alone, altho I still would like to see their
range decreased, then we could procede from there.

I would rather see APUs as insanely dangerous when confroned
up front or at medium range than sniper masters.

Shadow Dancer
25-10-03, 02:10
Now you're just being *****(restrains himself)

360% without DB means they do less damage than tanks. So what would be the point of their existence? You can't just leave them 100% fucked without a ppu, what is wrong with you. Stop being so selfish.

:rolleyes:

Rade
25-10-03, 02:15
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Now you're just being *****(restrains himself)

360% without DB means they do less damage than tanks. So what would be the point of their existence? You can't just leave them 100% fucked without a ppu, what is wrong with you. Stop being so selfish.

:rolleyes:

http://w1.708.telia.com/~u70804208/smile8.gif

Shadow Dancer
25-10-03, 02:22
Originally posted by Rade
http://w1.708.telia.com/~u70804208/smile8.gif

http://www.ihateaol.co.uk/misc/galleries/show.php/640x640//funnypics/manuel.jpg

Rade
25-10-03, 02:27
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
http://www.ihateaol.co.uk/misc/galleries/show.php/640x640//funnypics/manuel.jpg

http://w1.708.telia.com/~u70804208/total%20recall2.jpg

QuantumDelta
25-10-03, 02:50
LMFAO Are you too trying to get banned? LOL

Shadow Dancer
25-10-03, 02:55
hehe no, that's why I didn't post another pic in response, even though I was sorely tempted.

VetteroX
25-10-03, 03:45
oh boo hoo! you mean your totaly overpowered char is gone and your finding it hard not having holy shelter and holy lightning anymore! oh so sad! you have to play a real char, and actually die 1vs1 now? man... that sucks. Hybreds were rediculous, it was like a bad joke, and im glad they are gone. I hope they never come back, and monks still need little nerfing. get over it.

Shadow Dancer
25-10-03, 03:47
Vet tell us how you really feel..............

Zanathos
25-10-03, 04:01
I look at it this way, a Hybrid is basically a PPU'er that has greater attack power.

at least thats how it is now.

VetteroX
25-10-03, 04:07
I also have to add its bullshit that an apu/ppu team is unbeatale. I almost always with as pe/ppu vs apu/ppu. apu just cant take hits, and I can. I tear the apu apart, usually with his monk healing him, or i put my tl 3 heal on him. then its only a matter of time before the ppu dies. my ppu dbs and paras him over and over and over, and i keep hitting him with lib, endlessly. I get tl 3 heal on him, and eventually, he gets frustrated and nervous as he tries to keep himself alive and res his allies. eventually with the combination of tl 3 heal and his def/ shelt going down its too much and he drops.

BlackDove
25-10-03, 04:10
Originally posted by VetteroX
oh boo hoo! you mean your totaly overpowered char is gone and your finding it hard not having holy shelter and holy lightning anymore! oh so sad! you have to play a real char, and actually die 1vs1 now? man... that sucks. Hybreds were rediculous, it was like a bad joke, and im glad they are gone. I hope they never come back, and monks still need little nerfing. get over it.

So funny but so true lol. Well I think it'd be good for them to bring hybrids back, but nerf the monks in general a bit. You know your char's riding high when it's PA negatives are -PPU and -AGL :p

Vamil
25-10-03, 04:10
Yeah, Vet... Thats what I wanna do. Spend 4 hours trying to catch a slip up against a ppu.

Vamil
25-10-03, 04:16
Oh yeah Vet. One more thing, I don't know what n00ber ppu you used that trick on but when I played my ppu on uranus i had every trick in the book thrown at me. I NEVER DIED !! Except when there were multiple apu's. Christian Devires gave me a good fight, 3 apu's and there ppu eventually brought me down after 10 mins.

tl3 heal = holy heal sanctum

Deflector down = heals make up for the damage while you take 1 sec to recast

Shelter down = same as deflector

Etc... a well played ppu is a god, I see it on pluto and I am it on Uranus.

Rai Wong
25-10-03, 04:36
strangely enough i did see several times a pe with a libby knocking down a ppu :) even those GM ones. Of course everytime the PE was backed by a PPU.

Shadow Dancer
25-10-03, 04:38
Originally posted by VetteroX
I also have to add its bullshit that an apu/ppu team is unbeatale. I almost always with as pe/ppu vs apu/ppu.

w00t

Can I keep this quote for later use? Not against you, but other people who exaggerate the apu/ppu prowess.

QuantumDelta
25-10-03, 04:52
No one said they're unbeatable, just statistically better, by a significant amount.
Stats don't mean everything.
Evidence of that is my having beaten a PPU/APU Team _solo_

it doesn't mean to say that it's not unbalanced, though.

nonamebrandeggs
25-10-03, 04:56
I killed an APU today :D, first one in a while, just gotta pump out the Explosive PE rounds and chug the drug.

hinch
26-10-03, 17:50
ah i the only person that doesnt seem to have too much of a problem beating any apu in a 1v1 duel?

as for ppu`s its 99% psychology you see the ppu you go "oh shit i cant kill that im dead" then you die wheras the people that can kill ppu`s are the ones that dont think like that .

anyway see my signature for my thoughts and one more thing

PURE MONKS ARE GAY

Shadow Dancer
26-10-03, 20:32
Originally posted by hinch
ah i the only person that doesnt seem to have too much of a problem beating any apu in a 1v1 duel?

exactly hinch. The problem is people only associate apus with having ppus and forget about the apus(like me) who have ballz. :rolleyes: Then they start judging the apu as not a single char but a char that always has a ppu.

Apus aren't even that bad 1v1, just psychology.

Omnituens
26-10-03, 21:53
wtf u mean 'hybrid was fun'?

it still is.

i wasnt one of these fuckwits who lommed to hybrid, then immediatly abandoned it after the nerf.

keep the system as it is. tweak the PPU setup and it will be fine.

If you dont like APU coz they are killable, go PPU
If you dont like PPU coz they are boring, go APU
If you dont like either go hybrid
If you dont like hybrid because of the nerf,

DELETE YOUR FUCKING MONK AND REROLL A DIFFERENT CLASS.

kthxbye.

hinch
27-10-03, 00:05
Originally posted by Omnituens
wtf u mean 'hybrid was fun'?

i still have 2 hybrids jus one has no equipment