PDA

View Full Version : Neocronicle V3-10/4 Discussion

Callash
24-10-03, 19:12
The newest Neocronicle (http://www.neocron.com/index.php?name=NeoContent&op=modload&file=index&pageID=164) is out.

Shadow Dancer
24-10-03, 19:17
Very exciting. Will the stealth device for kami soldiers drop in anyway?

Also, will antipoison drugs work faster? W00t, apu poison will be more useless. yay! O_o

Heavyporker
24-10-03, 19:18
Oh man, how exciting!

Stealthing Kamikazes and Landmines and Hacker Groups using HackNet, oh my!

I can't wait! :D

Tratos
24-10-03, 19:19
MMmmmm.........

Very nice, stealthing kamis sounds COOOOOOL

~T

Heavyporker
24-10-03, 19:23
Oh, yes, shadow, I agree, I'm rather unhappy about antidote spells and pills too... I can only hope that KK doubles APU poison damage in reponse to that.

Phlith
24-10-03, 19:27
callash is uber

Marx
24-10-03, 19:29
mutant support = protopharma mutant sympathizers from teh' epic.

:D

Place your bets!

Progenitor
24-10-03, 19:36
There is more. The Chip also allows them to activate a Stealth Device, which would be an explanation for the sudden disappearance of the Kamikaze Soldiers. Inherently to Stealth Technology, the Soldiers cannot attack while being stealthed, and they cannot control the Stealth themselves. They could be unstealthed at any time and attack at any time.

So, we need some True Sight Sanctums runing around out there, in order to find them now?? Does this mean we can get chips from them now that allow us to stealth?

As they report, NCPD considers to put landmines in the sectors of the wastelands around the entrances to the City. We will report first if this is the case though.

WTF????

ProtoPharm reworking protection pharmaceuticals

Yeah! Quick working anit-* drugs!!!

-p

Tratos
24-10-03, 19:46
no Phlith

Callash is UBER uber, lol

keep up the good work

~T

Delmann
24-10-03, 20:12
Very interesting, indeed. I am especially fascinated with random hacking, and mysterious mutant dealings; but then, I'm wierd. I need to get back into the game to check some of this stuff out; I'm waaaay out of the loop.

Keep it interesting, Callash!

:cool:

D

Zu (Pluto)
24-10-03, 20:24
Stealthed Kamis? Great. Now we won't even see them coming.

Runners. City or Anti-City. The Mutants are a danger to all of us. They are testing themselves at the moment, but how long before they spread and start hacking our ops? We need to make a decisive strike at the Legacy, and soon.

Zu

Progenitor
24-10-03, 20:30
Originally posted by Zu (Pluto)
Stealthed Kamis? Great. Now we won't even see them coming.

Runners. City or Anti-City. The Mutants are a danger to all of us. They are testing themselves at the moment, but how long before they spread and start hacking our ops? We need to make a decisive strike at the Legacy, and soon.

Zu

Bah! If in equal numbers, we will own.

Now, if they get some para-spamming ppu's all of a sudden, we are in for some trouble!

-p

Tycho C
24-10-03, 20:59
Reworking anti-shock too huh?

Not getting rid of Para are ya? That makes me very dissapointed. Plz refer to the Sticky on subjects of Para for my thoughts.

Spy<VS>Spy
24-10-03, 21:10
well i thought all the power suits where out, or by powersuit are we talking something constructive like my mobile thruster assistet jump exo suit with pulse laser cannon and fusion burster rifle that i always wanted?

and hey yeah, i could use a chip that stealths me and unstealths me when ever i want without worring about time limit and drug flashes, i'd be uber. :)

hey ever better, i'd be a GM. :)

hey, can someone phone up Next for the following artical and ask them when there frikken gona fix my APC and make their vehicles not suck?

Vid Gamer
24-10-03, 21:21
There is more. The Chip also allows them to activate a Stealth Device, which would be an explanation for the sudden disappearance of the Kamikaze Soldiers. Inherently to Stealth Technology, the Soldiers cannot attack while being stealthed, and they cannot control the Stealth themselves. They could be unstealthed at any time and attack at any time.

Great, they were pretty much impossible to find when they were always visible. o_O

I also hope this just means that they turn invisible for brief amounts of time, not meaning a whole new Kami chips that allow some type of stealthing. Imagine a stealthing PPU Monk. :rolleyes:

As stated, the AntiPoison, AntiShock, AntiDamage and AntiStealth drugs are being looked into

Haha, yes! No more will poison hurt and para kill. :cool:

Dunno' about AntiDamage though. What, if you take this it lowers damage per hit or something? Everyone will be poppin in drugs if this is the case. How do we use AntiStealth drugs on other Runners? I assume it's for others, why would you AntiStealth yourself? o_O

Tangent names timeframe for PowerSuit release "a month or two"

:confused: Another PA :confused:

Tratos
24-10-03, 21:25
Droner suit, i think somthing was sed about one, so that might be it :confused: other than that im baffled.

~T

Spy<VS>Spy
24-10-03, 21:31
i'm telling you its my uber terra nova style Exo suit! i'm gona own you all with my 130 vehicle combat skill. :eek:

-=z=-
24-10-03, 21:32
Or it could be that the PA will become store bought in a month or two. Maybe even for the poor monkehs that have to do a run.

Vid Gamer
24-10-03, 21:34
WTF happened to Mechs!?!?!

Spy<VS>Spy
24-10-03, 21:36
to answer that question, you have to ask, what happened to our APC??

answer: It got fucked. :)

mechs, airships, and really kick ass spy catapults are on the, to do later list if we ever actually get DoY out.

Tratos
24-10-03, 21:43
Originally posted by Spy<VS>Spy
to answer that question, you have to ask, what happened to our APC??

answer: It got fucked. :)

mechs, airships, and really kick ass spy catapults are on the, to do later list if we ever actually get DoY out.

Spy catapults? for them to use or for them to be fired out of as ammo? i mean thats the only good thing they can be used for, oh yeah and tradeskilling, lol j/k

~T

i want the gliders =(

Sorin
25-10-03, 00:24
Originally posted by Vid Gamer
Dunno' about AntiDamage though. What, if you take this it lowers damage per hit or something? Everyone will be poppin in drugs if this is the case. How do we use AntiStealth drugs on other Runners? I assume it's for others, why would you AntiStealth yourself? o_O

I think they mean anti-damage as in it removes damage boost. Not sure, but I think that was it.

And for anti-stealth, it's a self use drug. Anti-stealthing yourself is actually quite useful. Have you ever used the stealth 3 or the Obliterator? Most notably, the Obliterator. It lasts such a long ass time that I always have anti-stealth drugs on me because often times it's just too long. Like if I have to interact with someone physically, or start fighting, or something. Otherwise I'd have to sit there playing cards or something waiting for the stealth to wear off.

I don't think it can be used on other people, though that'd be interesting.

Lexxuk
25-10-03, 00:41
Originally posted by Spy<VS>Spy
well i thought all the power suits where out, or by powersuit are we talking something constructive like my mobile thruster assistet jump exo suit with pulse laser cannon and fusion burster rifle that i always wanted?

I'll guess the version out now, is the hacked version by JOB.

Reworkin the drugs, kewl, maybe now overpowered APU's will stop bitchin about parashock, not that "thats" ever going to happen :rolleyes:

Shadow Dancer
25-10-03, 00:42
Originally posted by Lexxuk

Reworkin the drugs, kewl, maybe now overpowered APU's will stop bitchin about parashock, not that "thats" ever going to happen :rolleyes:

You ever do anything other than post stupidity, spam, or troll?

Just curious.

Have you PvPed yet? :rolleyes:

Lexxuk
25-10-03, 00:45
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
You ever do anything other than post stupidity, spam, or troll?

Just curious.

Have you PvPed yet? :rolleyes:

dont you have anything better to do than harrass people's views that are different to your own? go post one of your stupid spamming trollin posts somewhere else, I'm not interested, troll.

Spoon
25-10-03, 00:48
I read the reworking of the Anti drugs as, ParaSpam(tm) is here to stay...... :rolleyes:

Oh, and I see no mention of NEXT getting off their asses and making any new GR's......now why doesn't that surprise me....:rolleyes:

Lexxuk
25-10-03, 00:52
Originally posted by Spoon
I read the reworking of the Anti drugs as, ParaSpam(tm) is here to stay...... :rolleyes:

I read it as "antishock working instantly and staying in your system" "antidote working instantly and staying in your system" "antidamage working instantly and staying in your system" "antistealth working instantly and staying in your system"

Results:

Paraspam by monks (apparently) - removed, useless, parashock someone all you like, they are usin antishock (probably before they run into a pvp area)

Poison Spam - no more 10 stacks of pos, take a pill, pos dot removed (though initial dmg remains)

Anti Damage - sanctums no longer work

Anti Stealth - Spies/PE's cant stealth/drug/shoot/stealth, they wont be able to restealth till the drug wears out.

Shadow Dancer
25-10-03, 00:54
Originally posted by Lexxuk
dont you have anything better to do than harrass people's views that are different to your own? go post one of your stupid spamming trollin posts somewhere else, I'm not interested, troll.

Spam? Do you see me posting garbage about sex with dead animals, droms, sheep, chess, or other non NC related crap?

Um no.

Do you see me starting a anti "xxx" thread just because someone I hate hates my class?

Gee I guess I better start an anti-pe thread and say their overpowered. Oh wait, I don't really feel that way, so I'm not gonna be childish and make a thread doing that just because I don't like the people who disagree with me. :rolleyes:

Lexxuk
25-10-03, 00:57
your the biggest troll in the forum, and if anyone disagree's with what you say, you call them a troll. your inane objections to parashock are being addressed, and all you can do is whinge and whine, ohh, and I'm guessing if one emote replies were still allowed, thats all you would do.

Oh, and in your post, be sure to mention that BS/RayGun PE's are overpowered on a dmg/def ratio, k.thx.troll.

Callash
25-10-03, 01:06
There is no "Lexxuk vs. Shadow Dancer" Article in this issue.

Lexxuk
25-10-03, 01:06
Originally posted by Callash

Sorry Callash.

Shadow Dancer
25-10-03, 01:10

rofl, sorry. I'll stop........:p

mystery8
25-10-03, 06:37
Ooo. A permanent zoo? :) Ie, a new Zone relatively soon? :D
Careful Callash, you're gonna spoil us ;)

And I think the PA mentions in this weeks just mean the "real" PA that Tangent itself will be releasing. As opposed to the "stolen" stuff that we can get now. Wonder if the stats will change at all. Oh and a belated "good job" to Callash for making that run optional. After finally finding the NPCs I ran it twice for each of my Spies :)

Rizzy
25-10-03, 12:15
/set Speaklike_shadowdancer 1

Good work on TEH PAs, Can't wait to see whats instore.

Stealthing kami guards seem like a fun idea, TEH stealthing kami chips will be fun?

Um no. They are going to be hard to kill but I like a challenge.

(insert patronising comment here that ends in a questionmark)

(insert a nerf PPUs comment)

KTHNX:rolleyes:

/set Speaklike_shadowdancer 0

Nice work callash, lookes like alot of fun to come. The story of the kami troopers was pretty exctiing; I'm going to enjoy hunting them :)

Candaman
25-10-03, 12:24
Hmmm GM's playing as kami mobs could be intersting !!!!

Dribble Joy
25-10-03, 16:57
The reports of a few people seen already wearing those PowerSuits that are, as stated, not finished yet, was not further commented.

Does this mean the current PAs are shitty knockoffs? will the stats change when(tm) they come out?

Shadow Dancer
25-10-03, 18:54
HAHAHHAHAH Rizzy, I was laughing for 3 mins straight. :D

Originally posted by Dribble Joy
Does this mean the current PAs are shitty knockoffs? will the stats change when(tm) they come out?

That's what I want to know. Or does this mean that it will simply be storebought? :confused: Or maybe the stats will change?

*ph33r*
25-10-03, 19:00
Lol he doesn't dare flame you now Rizzy since he got a bollocking off Callash :rolleyes:

Excellent read Cal mate, the bit on the Kamis is interesting... leaves alot to be questioned... :p

Shadow Dancer
25-10-03, 19:01
Originally posted by *ph33r*
Lol he doesn't dare flame you now Rizzy since he got a bollocking off Callash :rolleyes:

I found rizzy's statement to be humorous and didn't take offence. And I stopped as a COURTESY to Callash, not out of fear. :rolleyes: How about you guys shut the hell up about me already and stop instigating trouble?

How about that?

Darth Slayer
25-10-03, 21:40

:lol: Owned by Callash.
Seriously cool it guys.
Another great NC from Callash, I want to make one thing clear
The Fallen Angels are not responsible for for the hacking attacks.
KthanxBye.

ezza
25-10-03, 21:50
so does this mean with the stealthing thingy off kamis, that you can have a stealthing tank:eek:

OMG tank appears out of nowhere pulls CS blows away enemy and stealths again:D

Darth Slayer
25-10-03, 22:08
Originally posted by ezza
so does this mean with the stealthing thingy off kamis, that you can have a stealthing tank:eek:

OMG tank appears out of nowhere pulls CS blows away enemy and stealths again:D

OMG I hope not.....:p

Kenjuten
25-10-03, 22:32
It's just to help explain why the spawnrate is so little AND widespread now...calm down, arses. :p

Rizzy
26-10-03, 02:16
im drunk right noew so ill stop posting anythign

Shockwave
26-10-03, 14:51
(sigh) Ok, here's my take:

- Chip in Kamikaze Soldiers seems to be Stealth and Control device
You wondered why you can never find Kami troopers out in the wastes? This is why. There's a lot of them, it's just most of them are running stealthed. And the pain controller thing means there may well be different level Kami mobs. They MAY start dropping Stealth Activators, but I really can't see the introduction of a Stealth Imp, can you?

- ProtoPharm reworking protection pharmaceuticals
I read this as instant action drugs. It's not made clear whether they stay in your system after taking effect or not.

- Regant Mutants obviously have connections to Neocron
Can't tell where this one's going yet, but it's a fair bet Regant's Legacy may well open at some point, and it's going to be a NIGHTMARE!

- Gilgamesh Enterprises promises further presentations
NICE! This is going to be an essential place to go for n00bs, so they can gauge what to try to run from when they meet them in the Wastes. Damn good idea, Callash! :)

- Tangent names timeframe for PowerSuit release "a month or two"
Reckon this means that Tangent aren't going to be selling the new PAs in HEWs anytime soon, and if you want a suit you're going to have to acquire it from, shall we say, an alternative source? :)

As to JOB, I have NO clue, but I'm more than a little curious about this one, my character being a semi-decent hacker. I've got a couple of ideas on this and the Regant's Muties, but I'm going to keep them to myself in case I'm right. :D

Man, these stories are starting to develop nicely! Keep up the good work, Callash! This is great! :D

Shock.

Oath
26-10-03, 15:00

Maybe next issue.

Shadow Dancer
26-10-03, 22:54
I assumed if they dropped any type of stealth device it would be for pes/spies right?

Maybe it's a specialized type of stealth device.

Vid Gamer
27-10-03, 00:38
If they dropped anything it's probably a stealth device like the ones you can buy in the stores.

Zanathos
27-10-03, 17:47
See?

Theres a story developing to the game of Neocron.

I betcha when DoY is released there will be a climax to the story that is going on now.

But since this game is an MMORPG.....

You really cant let a story like this develop quickly hence the Neocronicle like once every week to 3 weeks.

I expect DoY to be out in the next month or two. So end of November/December if not January.

If its not out by January though, then somethings wrong indeed.

Story is shaping up nicely indeed.

kurai
27-10-03, 18:01
Originally posted by ezza

OMG tank appears out of nowhere pulls CS blows away enemy and stealths again:D Poor dumb INT 20 Tankeh gets hold of Stealth tool.

Scratches head in puzzled manner.

Shoots his own ear off.

Remembers to put gun away first this time.

Sees enemy coming over the horizon.

Runs up to him and activates Stealth tool.

Tankeh stands there confused for 10 seconds madly hammering keys.

*screams at enemy*: J0o damn h4xx0r. Made my eyeses see blue smoke, and make gun not work ! KOS !

Tankeh beats enemy to death with Stealth tool.

Zanathos
27-10-03, 18:33
Originally posted by kurai
Poor dumb INT 20 Tankeh gets hold of Stealth tool.

Scratches head in puzzled manner.

Shoots his own ear off.

Remembers to put gun away first this time.

Sees enemy coming over the horizon.

Runs up to him and activates Stealth tool.

Tankeh stands there confused for 10 seconds madly hammering keys.

*screams at enemy*: J0o damn h4xx0r. Made my eyeses see blue smoke, and make gun not work ! KOS !

Tankeh beats enemy to death with Stealth tool.

HA HA HA !

A Tank attempting to use a stealth tool :p

At least mines intelligent enough to use a Hack tool and Hack Warbots.

Vid Gamer
28-10-03, 00:22
Originally posted by Zanathos
See?

Theres a story developing to the game of Neocron.

I betcha when DoY is released there will be a climax to the story that is going on now.

But since this game is an MMORPG.....

You really cant let a story like this develop quickly hence the Neocronicle like once every week to 3 weeks.

I expect DoY to be out in the next month or two. So end of November/December if not January.

If its not out by January though, then somethings wrong indeed.

Story is shaping up nicely indeed.

If KK has any brains they'd release DoY in time for the Holidays. Anything later and it's over pretty much.

Zanathos
28-10-03, 17:39
Expect the current story of Neocron to come to a climax sometime soon.

I'm thinking it has something to do with Regants Legacy.

Problem is, entrance to DoY is to the North East.... At least what I heared it was.

Here's a question, would the mobs that are created by DoY attack DoY citizens? Like the DoY bots, Y replicants, Warbots, Hover Bombers, etc...

What about the allies of DoY?

Sorin
29-10-03, 10:43

Sort of like how iguanas stealth? :p :lol: Just give them the stealth device/organ that the iguanas have, cause iguanas can attack while stealthed!

Damn iguanas. Fix the little bastards. Nerf iguanas!

phunqe
29-10-03, 14:12
Originally posted by Sorin
Sort of like how iguanas stealth? :p :lol: Just give them the stealth device/organ that the iguanas have, cause iguanas can attack while stealthed!

WTF, so the whole thing with them growling cactuses that attacked me yesterday wasn't because I was drunk?

omg chameleon kamis!!!!222

o_O o_O

ezza
29-10-03, 15:40
Originally posted by Sorin

Damn iguanas. Fix the little bastards. Nerf iguanas!

those iguanas are the games biggest exploiters, hiding in boxes or the walls, damn hax0r iguanas:p

Dribble Joy
30-10-03, 00:53
Originally posted by Zanathos
Here's a question, would the mobs that are created by DoY attack DoY citizens? Like the DoY bots, Y replicants, Warbots, Hover Bombers, etc...

Y reps aren't DoY units (I think)
The warbots are old and fucked up, but probably wouldn't attack DoY.

All mobs are in a 'faction' they attack who ever is an enemy to them, ie. everyone.
DoY units are probably npcs that don't talk.

Bah, what do I know.....

Marx
30-10-03, 00:57
Just remember, warbots are supposed to have people in them:

The area surrounding the city is covered with mines and spring-guns, and the Tanks that break through this protecting wall face an army of warriors piloting their WarBots.

Without their pilots, I doubt that they can distinguish between friend and foe.

Y reps were made by the City Admin.

Zanathos
30-10-03, 02:17
What ARE Y Replicants? Why did City Admin make them? And if Warbots have a pilot in them, wouldnt it make sence if they poped out after the warbot was killed?

I wonder if the Kami soldiers are gone for good, if so, then Kami Implants will be worth millions upon millions of credits.

You know what we need? a Database of every mob in the game, like an analysis of them and background info on them :)

Marx
30-10-03, 02:42
The warbots are roughly 200+ years old; so cut the pilots some slack for no longer existing.

The warbots are running on auto, hence why they pretty much attack anyone, regardless of faction.

The Y replicants were made by the City Admin in their conflict against the Twilight Guardian, hence why they're massed around TG.

The CA lost control of them, and now they're berserk - much like the warbots.

Mumblyfish
30-10-03, 20:11
All very interesting stuff. But I think the question we're ALL asking is...

When can you put Kamis back ingame?

Kenjuten
31-10-03, 02:47
I got three words for you on that question:

DoY.

Obscene
31-10-03, 12:44
You mean Dome of York?? DoY is 3 letters :D :lol:

Duder
31-10-03, 14:03
Whats DoY?

Kenjuten
31-10-03, 15:45
Duder... :lol:

The Kami chips, like a lot of the other things, have been given by CoDi & Callash (with approval) to supply us with numerous teasers in different ways for DoY.

So, next time we see them will either be at another special event, or regularly down the road, Dome of York expansion.