PDA

View Full Version : AOE Rifle

Pi-Oh-Pah
24-10-03, 17:38
Who wants one ?

Im thinking a lighter version of the Tank Grenade launchers (A bit like Arnie uses in Predator)

Cant elaborate much now its time to finish work and go home :)

\\Fényx//
24-10-03, 17:40
Rifles dont have AOE cause they have range/snipers etc.

Pistols have AOE, but their useless, as you need 4-6 rounds from a tangent rp to kill a roach O_o

ezza
24-10-03, 17:47
while tanks also have AOE that are useless except for a few occasions

Tazo
24-10-03, 17:48
i want a Cursed Soul with SH range and precision, and HL damage. and speed gat RoF.

\\Fényx//
24-10-03, 17:49
Originally posted by ezza
while tanks also have AOE that are useless except for a few occasions

no way man, grenades are awesome for OP wars, get all the tanks with grenades ok, get 10 tanks with 10 grenades in the QB, get them to spam all 100 grnades on the enemy in the first 30 seconds of the fight, the enemy will crack up with laughter at your ettempt, fall off their chairs and piss them selves, while their AFK cleaning up, you can kill their PPUs :D

I fought in a op fight at malstrond, went to my gogo for ammo, and found like 30 grenades in there, spammed the lot, was great fun :D

Originally posted by Tazo
i want a Cursed Soul with SH range and precision, and HL damage. and speed gat RoF.

Once again tazo's sarcasm astounds me, why not add the obligatory '+1' to the bottom of the post? oh thats right, would make it too obvious...

ezza
24-10-03, 17:51

well i want a devils grace that can hit from across the zone for a minimum of 200 damage per hit to any class and doesnt lose condition.

shame but neither are gonna happen

Tazo
24-10-03, 18:01
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
Once again tazo's sarcasm astounds me, why not add the obligatory '+1' to the bottom of the post? oh thats right, would make it too obvious...
thanks, im always astounded by my sarcasm, too.

concering "spam", lets look at something:
Tazo

and

\\Fényx//

you registered 2 months after me and you have like over three times my postcount. yup, 3y3 1z t3h ub4r sp4m.

dont reply to this unless by pm, as everything else would be spam :rolleyes:

\\Fényx//
24-10-03, 18:10
no tazo, i'd like to keep this public, personally ive never even noticed you untill what, 2-3 months ago? something like that, hell look at QD, we registerd same month IIRC and he has TWICE the posts of me, posts me jack shit, spamming is pointless however, thing is most of the time my posts are replying to people that are having computer problems, other stuff like that, or about ingame things, however its posts like yours just now, that for some reason I tent to snap at, resulting in a ban, thing is tazo, im at a PC all day for my work, i have the time to sit with the forums in a spare browser replying to threads whenever I want, post count means shit, theres people like lenard who's like 2 years on this forum, has like 250 posts, then theres people like shadow dancer (arcadius) who's got 2 accounts, one of them's like 5 months old at most or about that, and he has 2000 posts on it, does that make him a spammer, maybe, however ill vouch for alot of his posts being on topic, som people are active on forums, it's a community, some people talk more than others, then theres the people who never talk, just stay at the back, and come out with the cocky smart assed comment every now and then, so they can sit there and fuel their self inflated ego.
show me the last time I posted a '':rolleyes:'' thread, or the last time i replied with just ''yes'' no most of my posts are either on topic or me striving for a ban by replying to the flame baiting trolls which for some obscene reason i always tent to bite back at o_O anyway, tazo, just some people have alot to say...

@ thread starter: Sorry for taking the thread off topic...

Mangus
24-10-03, 18:20
The rifles should be accurate, first and foremost. Area effect is just to make up for the tanks lousy aim.
If Riflers got area damage that would be like giving them a cruise missle - accurate enough to enter an air duct, yet strong enough to level the building. As PvP is a fight between persons, we don't need to get special AE weapons.

However, if KK decided to make hand grenades stronger, I might be tempted to build up some H-C for my spy.

Tazo
24-10-03, 18:34
so youre not a spammer. guess what. thats not even what i wanted to point out. way to defend yourself without being accused though.

i wanted to point out that you can call me sarcastic, or ass, or whatever you want. but i sure as hell dont spam. i am telling people off all the time that i feel they deserve it (see signature). and yes, i am hella sarcastic. these forums made me. as long as people dont get bored posting the same "nerf this nerf that kk sucks this game sucks im quitting exploits bugs fatals blah blah blah" bs over and over and over again, you wont see me getting bored telling them where to stick it. besides, i usually try to make a point. you wont see me posting ":rolleyes:" "no" or "j00 suxx", either.

so i have nothing to say? maybe. i dont always just tell ppl off but maybe youre right. however, those quoted posters DEFINATELY have nothing to say.

\\Fényx//
24-10-03, 18:38
so youre not a spammer. guess what. thats not even what i wanted to point out. way to defend yourself without being accused though.

thanks, im always astounded by my sarcasm, too.

[B]concering "spam", lets look at something:
Tazo

and

\\Fényx//

you registered 2 months after me and you have like over three times my postcount. yup, 3y3 1z t3h ub4r sp4m.

certainly looks to me that you were accusing me of being a spammer there, does it not ?

jernau
24-10-03, 18:38
IMO people only use AE in Neocron for levelling. Therefore all classes should have access to it on those terms.

My sugestion would be :
Rifles should get a set of RPG type weapons
Pistols should get another RL at about TL90
Turrets should be made M-C rather than H-C

/edit - @fenyx - I'd say it's more like flame-baiting than spamming. Either way it's unproductive and upsets the Nid.

Cryotchekk
24-10-03, 18:40
no tazo, i'd like to keep this public, personally ive never even noticed you untill what, 2-3 months ago? something like that, hell look at QD, we registerd same month IIRC and he has TWICE the posts of me, posts me jack shit, spamming is pointless however, thing is most of the time my posts are replying to people that are having computer problems, other stuff like that, or about ingame things, however its posts like yours just now, that for some reason I tent to snap at, resulting in a ban, thing is tazo, im at a PC all day for my work, i have the time to sit with the forums in a spare browser replying to threads whenever I want, post count means shit, theres people like lenard who's like 2 years on this forum, has like 250 posts, then theres people like shadow dancer (arcadius) who's got 2 accounts, one of them's like 5 months old at most or about that, and he has 2000 posts on it, does that make him a spammer, maybe, however ill vouch for alot of his posts being on topic, som people are active on forums, it's a community, some people talk more than others, then theres the people who never talk, just stay at the back, and come out with the cocky smart assed comment every now and then, so they can sit there and fuel their self inflated ego.
show me the last time I posted a '':rolleyes:'' thread, or the last time i replied with just ''yes'' no most of my posts are either on topic or me striving for a ban by replying to the flame baiting trolls which for some obscene reason i always tent to bite back at o_O anyway, tazo, just some people have alot to say...

@ thread starter: Sorry for taking the thread off topic...

aww i have a little 50 posts and i registered before both of you :( even before i was banned and had my posts go to 0 i didnt have that many o.0

i dont like the idea of big aoe rifles etc, but there should be some aoe on fusion rifle (same with fusion pistols)

Tazo
24-10-03, 18:42
certainly looks to me that you were accusing me of being a spammer there, does it not ?
no, with your "why dont you add +1 to your posts while youre at it" you accused ME of spamming, and what i posted was the tazo-version of "youre one to talk".

PS: are you gonna reply to the rest of my post, too?

\\Fényx//
24-10-03, 18:48
Put it this way Tazo, in my opinion i can think of the alst time you made a constructive post, you know, a post that added anything to a thread, the kind of posts that youve made that stick out in my mind are the ones where youve made yourself look like a complete ass due to your own smugness, like when you argued and argued that the apparition was not a boss mob, untill callash said it is. then in any other thread, you just shoot people down with sarcastic shite, im likely to get a slap for this thread, i know the mods dont particularly like me, but im no angel, however it seems suprising to me that some people get away with twice what I would get banned for...

Tazo
24-10-03, 18:56
we're gonna both get slapped for this one. we are hijacking a thread, which is forbidden by the rules. :(

so you dont like my style. i can live with that.

Original monk
24-10-03, 19:19
lo pi oh pah again, i yust arrived home and enjoying a tasty coctail and a funnysigaret when i noticed youre thread.

I was hopeing for a arearifle also fo a long time now, it would certainly make leveling alot easier, i suggested a rocketlauncherrifle a while back also but like they told you before the spy has to rely on he's stealthskills, and the ability to shoot far away *sniperz* (altough mobs always spawn at the same distance but hey ya can walk a littlebit back hé :) ) so now i gave up on hunting the graves and the swamps and went fulltime warbotsniping :) its shit xp actually but ya have techs of em hé, and to get some xp i go hunt the chaoscaves now and then, theres always a team that can use youre help over there, altough it is TG area ... so if ya plan on goin there always watch youre back TWICE :P

m i yust remember that you where a PE, so the spypart also counts for you because i am to lazy to start refrasing my *sniperz* sentence :P

To: Fenix and Tazo: what is that about the postcount and the startingdate? its not like i wonna interfere with youre funny disussion but: i yust cant resist :P

[-> it aint creatin a better atmosphere if ya call eachoter eachoter spammers, i think that all we (as in i, you and all other people here) do on this forum is whine all day long, about our favorite game neocron, and its even fun also hehe.
Dont start pointing at eachoters postcounts, see if you particpate on this forum with alot of entousiasm, see if you have respect ingame when you play, see if you have good arguements and help molding this "virtual world" in a decent form or shape and ya know enough about youre own person; i dont see what them numbers have to do with it.

Some time ago i asked in a thread to a guy that was being a pain in the ass atm if he's postcount had anything to do with it :) and instead of flaming me to dead, he honestly replied me about giving good arguements and being able to make a decent discussion, from then on i knew a postcount was worth jack shit.
I saw a thread a couple weeks back about a guy that was playin this game for 2 weeks he's postcount was maybe 2 but he had absolute respect cause he's here fo 2 weeks and told some stuff that even a VET that plays this game from beta -1 august 1767 didnt think off. <- Where i sinceraly hope KK read he's thread :)

With other words give eachother a kiss and go make some nerfthreads or sumthing, there popular lately it seems :)

and next time i wont interfere but sumthimes i cant help myself :P

Dont Mess
24-10-03, 19:45
Rifles dont have AOE cause they have range/snipers etc.

Pistols have AOE, but their useless, as you need 4-6 rounds from a tangent rp to kill a roach O_o

u just danno how 2 use 1 they are the best weapons 2 kill stealthers i even finished a pe off wen she just stealthed out and said SEX, the next thing he xsaw was me sexin his dead body with my tangent mini in my hand

\\Fényx//
24-10-03, 19:48
Originally posted by Dont Mess
u just danno how 2 use 1 they are the best weapons 2 kill stealthers i even finished a pe off wen she just stealthed out and said SEX, the next thing he xsaw was me sexin his dead body with my tangent mini in my hand

*sigh*

Tazo, i know what you mean now

dont mess, ''IT WAS SARCASM !'' ™ (Tazo)

dmon99
24-10-03, 19:50
man this is bs

im a tank i have AoE weapons thst what my class is for , powerful AoE weapons

as a private eye or a spy your options should be limited in your options for AoE weapons cause if your rocket pistols did the same damge that my moon striker did what would be the use of a tank

psi's have a nice AoE but very limited in its use : to block a path, lving and to anoy your clan mates in op wars

the tanks use it to bust enemy turrets in ops that are just hard to hit for folks that rely on line of sight weapons : try hitting a mg turret at redrock or other mine op's hack rooms with stun traps in place with your first love or your pain easer , thats when a tanks true calling comes in thats what makes them usefull

da_zero0
24-10-03, 19:52
in my opinion a aoe rifle would be very cute =P

one like the redeemer

BlackPrince
24-10-03, 20:15
Originally posted by dmon99
man this is bs

im a tank i have AoE weapons thst what my class is for , powerful AoE weapons

Alrighty then, we'll go ahead and remove your three sniping cannons (Plasma Waves, STORM laser, and Tangent Epic Laser), as well as your non- AE weapons like the CS, SpeedGat, TPC, et al.

Sorry if some of us would like the same diversity in weapons for our class that has become standard for others.

Tazo
25-10-03, 00:33
*sigh*

Tazo, i know what you mean now

dont mess, ''IT WAS SARCASM !'' ™ (Tazo)
hahahaha :lol: :lol:

fenyx, im gonna high five you now, like it or not *high fives fenyx* :D

Mantus
25-10-03, 00:42
Pi-Oh-Pah why would u need a rifle with AoE? Its not like spies level slowly...well accept for that enoying INT, but even thats not as bad as monk INT.

If you can be totaly obsesive about leveling, a Spy's DEX can be capped in about a week.

A rifle PE's DEX can be capped in less then 12 hours of play.

Both solo without PPU's.

So why do rifles need AoE?

StryfeX
25-10-03, 01:00
I guess my question is why SHOULDN'T rifles get some AOE? Variety is good.

I'd like to see a RPG rifle, personally.

--Stryfe

\\Fényx//
25-10-03, 01:22
Give spie's grenade launchers, tanks have their cannon AOE's, give the spie's the gren launchers as their more like rifles. However, spie's have alot more 'direct damage' weapons than tanks, Spie's also have stealth, priper snipers, Pulse, AR, Ray gun rares, tanks have a CS and 3 mostly useless AOE's, only use for em really is leveling and spamming a OP enterance for 30 seconds.....

PE's are fine

Spies are fine

PSI's are overpowerd

Tanks are fucking useless O_o