PDA

View Full Version : Good work on MC5 Dev team

Archeus
24-10-03, 15:24
Been a while since I've been back to it. Thought I'd make a noob and wander around again and help anyone who needs it.

The place is much better designed now to train up newbies and didn't crash once when I was there.

Spy<VS>Spy
24-10-03, 15:53
better, but not perfect yet. this doesnt catter to all classes yet, some charactors are absolutely misrable here because they lack the starting equipment they need.

MC5 should be one of two things.

a little mini community where working together, learning from the NPCs and the smaller exstent of resources providing thrive in their way of life to learn and advance on an easeir curve while gradually introducing them to more features in the game that they will need to learn later on when they leave.

a simulation single player one for one event, like the origonal offline demo. in which the player is walked through and told on a one for one bases how missions work, different weapons, how to apply skills and more background on the story they are involved in. at the end they are rewarded for doing these mini quests with items and skill points that are put towards when they leave the training sim to the city...or they can go directly to the city without going through all that.

currently, it is neither...it needs allot of work. still.

ezza
24-10-03, 16:06
its an improvement but it still needs work, the lack of information is the biggest problem, runners proberbly know about as much info as when they start in MC5 as they do when they leave.

you dont even get basic info like you apartment pass is your nameo_O which is one that gets quite a few runners and its simple stuff like that that can be most frustrating for noobs

Rade
24-10-03, 16:08
Originally posted by ezza
you dont even get basic info like you apartment pass is your nameo_O which is one that gets quite a few runners and its simple stuff like that that can be most frustrating for noobs

That one took me quite a while when I was a noob *blush*

ezza
24-10-03, 16:25
lol took me a while as well, but i also was helping some total new player who had the same problem but didnt know how to activate the help channels.

just basic information like that would be good, its those kinda things that shouldnt even be an issue, its the info should already be avalible there when the player starts.

i mean you start off with 4 message of crap, howabout having one of them which gives basic starter info or something

Traxus
24-10-03, 16:29

Well, thats something that should be changed anyway. I think even starter apartments should have a key, and should allow for the change of password. They keys should not allow to be sold, though.

ezza
24-10-03, 16:38
yeah would be nice having a choice in the apartment name, i hate having to type my name in when i want to use it, knew i should of picked a shorter name for my tank:rolleyes:

Tazo
24-10-03, 16:43
Originally posted by Rade
That one took me quite a while when I was a noob *blush*
it didnt for me. i read the manual.

ezza
24-10-03, 16:44
Originally posted by Tazo
it didnt for me. i read the manual.

well isnt that just swell:rolleyes:

who reads manuals except you:D

Tazo
24-10-03, 16:47
who reads manuals except you:D
i know, nobody does. i just find it amusing to keep reading "WTF I CAME TO MC5 AND DIDNT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!11 THIS GAME SUXX!!" "umm did you even look at the manual or the tutorial?" "WTF LOLOLO ME R NOT A N00B!! 1337 PPL DONT DO THAT SH1T!!!!" every other day

umm that wasnt directed at anyone special here. im just saying that kk are in the great position of feeding the same "beginner infos" 2 or 3 times because people just refuse to read manuals or do tutorials.

Rade
24-10-03, 16:49
I read manuals and do tutorials, Im a information whore. I must
have missed the part about the apt pw tho, are you sure its in
there?

Tazo
24-10-03, 16:50
Originally posted by Rade
I read manuals and do tutorials, Im a information whore. I must
have missed the part about the apt pw tho, are you sure its in
there?
well i didnt read anything else before i started playing, and i know i didnt ask anyone so it must be there somewhere...

Stigmata
24-10-03, 16:51
well i did actually, i tend to do quite alot of reading while im er.... on the throne (toilet) so when i went i had the manual close by to get some reading done, and once i got to the storyline at the back i had to read it again and again.

the book has a fantastic storyline...shame the game dont live up to it

Andy

ezza
24-10-03, 16:55
Originally posted by stigmata
well i did actually, i tend to do quite alot of reading while im er.... on the throne (toilet) so when i went i had the manual close by to get some reading done, and once i got to the storyline at the back i had to read it again and again.

the book has a fantastic storyline...shame the game dont live up to it

Andy

well i do have to admit to rreading the story a few times myself.

even so the information should be right there when you start to the game, as not everyone has Bowel problems like yourself:D :p