PDA

View Full Version : REMOVE LOCKED GR's ! (petition)

\\Fényx//
24-10-03, 13:46
ok,

Im starting to get EXTREMELY pissed off with these locked GR's, ok, nice Idea, however with NO DAMN NEUTRAL GR's its pathetic, people are jumping from faction to faction just so that they can GR wherever, thats why server balance is fucked imo atm, basically, whichever facton holds more OPs suddenly has a influx of players join em, then that faction loses some OPs, ppl join the new faction thats holding the majority etc etc, all so they can GR places, its bullshit... o_O

This is a simple vote

Yes or No

Either vote or dont vote

Either remove the locked GR's for now, or implement some new open GR's.....

Xaru
24-10-03, 13:51
Well, i personally like the new system. Its nice, but on the other hand you are totally right: "WE NEED MORE PUBLIC GRs!"

As long as we dont get them, what about instead of totally locking GRs, just give more impairment to the user going through.

AND MARK THE OPEN AND CLOSED GRs in the popup. I dont want to take a look at the map first, to see where i can or cant go.

Xaru

\\Fényx//
24-10-03, 13:55
Originally posted by Xaru
Well, i personally like the new system. Its nice, but on the other hand you are totally right: "WE NEED MORE PUBLIC GRs!"

As long as we dont get them, what about instead of totally locking GRs, just give more impairment to the user going through.

AND MARK THE OPEN AND CLOSED GRs in the popup. I dont want to take a look at the map first, to see where i can or cant go.

Xaru

im the same, I _do_ like the current system of being able to lock down the GR's however with the lack of public GR's its utter crap...

garyu69
24-10-03, 14:14
I don't think there should be more public GR's. From a story point of view why would there be public GR's in the middle of the wastelands? There just wouldn't.

I like the system. If there is a GR you want to go to and can't, oh well go to the closest and go from there.
The spread of GR's is good in my opinion I would say however we need one at the dessert Racetrack. Then this could hopefully push more people into driving, and will benefit all.

But yeah, i vote No.

CryptoChronic
24-10-03, 14:16
its kk's attempt to make the world seem bigger and get you to use vehicles

QuantumDelta
24-10-03, 14:18
I'd say no, but without more control (more variable, exact control eg; kos lists etc for turrets/grs), the turret and genrep settings on ops are not as useful as they could be.

Games war list needs to have an effect on (perma no access regardless of faction/settings)turrets/grs.
Game needs an alliance list to have the opposite effect.

KramerTheWeird
24-10-03, 14:19
I have!

have you died yet to my Heavy Assault Scorpion Trike of DOOM?
have you used my apc to travel?
have you manned my rhino gun yet?

*sounds of crickets in distance*

....hmmm well my mom thinks it's cool! *runs away sobbing*

\\Fényx//
24-10-03, 14:20
Originally posted by garyu69
I don't think there should be more public GR's. From a story point of view why would there be public GR's in the middle of the wastelands? There just wouldn't.

I like the system. If there is a GR you want to go to and can't, oh well go to the closest and go from there.
The spread of GR's is good in my opinion I would say however we need one at the dessert Racetrack. Then this could hopefully push more people into driving, and will benefit all.

But yeah, i vote No.

:rolleyes:

coulda sworn ive seen you moaning about it, yet you say we dont need more GR's and then say we should have one at the race track :rolleyes:

think boy think :p

anyway, basically atm you have point red...

TH can not be classed as a ''open public GR'' as if your a enemy of them, your gonna be GRing into them with synapse, no thanx...

They need one up at the race track, one at the new ASG up near the eastgate OP area (forgotten where it's hidden atm) and they need another up around the sieger area, maybe closer to the swamps like the zone north west of regants OP or somethin...

Thats what i would like to see if their continuing with closed GR's etc... But untill then just remove the bloody locked GR's...

[Edit]

Originally posted by KramerTheWeird
I have!

have you died yet to my Heavy Assault Scorpion Trike of DOOM?
have you used my apc to travel?
have you manned my rhino gun yet?

*sounds of crickets in distance*

....hmmm well my mom thinks it's cool! *runs away sobbing*

lol wtf o_O

Anyway, no I havent died to your trike, chased you in your prat mobile around hawkins a few times :p but havent died to it yet...

Have tried traveling with APC, ok, mayhemmike was the driver, had to go 5 zones, took forever because guaranteed atleast 3ppl would fatal at every zone, plus mike's a crazy fuck and just wanted to keep makin donuts o_O

Tank cannon is great, personally I wanna be able to realistically use one in battle with my tank, just a shame that the mobility of the thing is like a slug on salt o_O

KramerTheWeird
24-10-03, 14:23
More GR's, more ASG's. No need to unlock GR's, I think clans should get rights do set security. I think there should be more security options, such as allow neutral GR or attack non-ally.

garyu69
24-10-03, 14:23
Me moan about locked GR's...... never. :)

The Racetrack is the only place i think one should be added.
Who makes them anyway? is it NEXT if so, why the hell didn't they stick on there when they built the place.

Bloody fools, i bet someone lost their job over that.

Benjie
24-10-03, 14:25
No way. It's 100% perfect as it is.

Well vehicles need to go faster.

Xaru
24-10-03, 14:27
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
I'd say no, but without more control (more variable, exact control eg; kos lists etc for turrets/grs), the turret and genrep settings on ops are not as useful as they could be.

Games war list needs to have an effect on (perma no access regardless of faction/settings)turrets/grs.
Game needs an alliance list to have the opposite effect.

More control about GR settings would be awesome. I would settle for that aswell i think. Cause then you get a better differentiation in closing GRs and more people could go places. Then there wouldnt be faction only GRs cause one neutral or even allied clan takes the ops away.

Xaru

\\Fényx//
24-10-03, 14:34
Originally posted by Benjie
No way. It's 100% perfect as it is.

Well vehicles need to go faster.

no way. Im 100% sure that you left. o_O

And yes, vehicles do need to be faster, I miss having a hov tek the speed of light cause of mah 120 FPS :D :lol:

ezza
24-10-03, 14:36
i think until they introduce more neutral Grs they should open the the existing Grs.

unless the next patch is gonna have a few more GRs added in which case it would be ok

KramerTheWeird
24-10-03, 14:36
ya, you chasing me around hawkins on foot doesn't make me particularly confident in vehicles :)

CryptoChronic
24-10-03, 14:37
if my clan is spending its time and resources to defend an op i WANT the right to control its GR settings and everything related to the op

ezza
24-10-03, 14:40
Originally posted by CryptoChronic
if my clan is spending its time and resources to defend an op i WANT the right to control its GR settings and everything related to the op

thats fair enough but we were promised some extra Grs.

meh what do i care im BD so i have to walk everywhere(at least until i get another hovertec made:D )

Original monk
24-10-03, 14:46
it aint that funny anymore when youre a tangent and the full map is occupied by TG for example, now we have a split map on saturn with on the left side CM and the right side fully TG, and thats also boring cause i cant go hunt WB with my TG char and i cant go hunt firemobs with my TT char :P and to go to MC5 i gotta walk from el farid village passin a few jhonny 5's (not that there a problem, the walking 8 zones is a problem :) )

so i vote nerf the fucking genreprules, you pay for a whole game not for like half of it and indeed i dont see even 1 extra neutral genrep so trow away the genreprules, its very irritating, not only for clanned players but for sure 200% worse for unclanned players who actually dont care from who this or that op is, they yust wonna get to there huntingspot.

whats the alternative ? vehicules you say ? yeah if they dont crash and if they work perfect and if ya wonna gimp dex and if ya wonna come outside youre cave to see that youre vehicule is wrecked by some noob with a specially therefore designed vehiculegun :/ lame indeed.

other alternatives ?? yeah : the adventure warp: i would like to go to MB venturewarp because i am a cityadmin and i wonna go hunt warbot, i put in my energybelt and full energygear maybe even xraysuit... you take venturewarp and what happens ? you spawn between 4 grim persecuters that are allready putting you on fire before you even know what the heck is happening: result : choose a genrep when dead, to see that that genrep is occupied by another clan/faction so ya spawn back to youre appartment in via 3 :/ result : 50 synaptic - wrecked armour and a mad customer because of the most lame rule ever (after the hybrid -30% on each side) ....

So yeah trow these genreprules in the garbagecan but if the clans really want em then replace the stupid rules by extra cash they get for there op's or sumthing, not like i care, i yust wonna hunt witouth walking 8 zones <- yeah timesink i know but daamn its boring

Xaru
24-10-03, 15:28
Its true, the timesink sucks. If i have an hour of gametime, and have to walk15 minutes to the spot, and walk back 15 minutes, that really sucks.

On the other hand, if you live in the game and have no personal life, then i can see how enjoyable the realism is, but i dont, and i dont want to. So i would prefer a few mor open GRs.

Xaru

Traxus
24-10-03, 16:08
I like the system, as it is, myself.

And, to add, I am a proud member of CA on Saturn, a faction which does nearly never own a GR. But, I think thats right so. There are public GRs in the major settlements, which is together with the vehicles enough to reach important places. What should be done instead of opening those is to give people more good leveling spots, there are wast areas in NC which see perhaps on average one runner every few weeks because either the monsters are too tough, give too little exp, or too little loot, and usualy a combination of all 3. Watch how filled all the good hunting grounds are with only 500 runners online, how contested would those be if there were 2000 runners arround? So, make sure there are plenty of good mid level hunting grounds available, reachable on average in 5 mins, and enough high end hunting grounds, reachable on average in 10 mins.

superfresh
24-10-03, 16:15
Voted no. If clans get big and strong enough to take an OP, they should be able to decide how their security works.

More public GR's are definitely needed though.

Spy<VS>Spy
24-10-03, 16:22
hey i have a wacky idea boys and girls!

why doesnt KK stop doing things half fucking assed, make vehicles that actually work correctly, place extra garages in intelligent places, and add more nuetral genreps BEFORE the lock down the current ones?

even better still, How about even remotely considering faction 'balance' so that chances are that you would be able to go SOMEWHERE.

nope nope, we have to be like planet side, only worse, becuase well...or dealth peneltys are higher and our sancturary is plaza1 one, and our galaxy is broken.

cause planet side just makes so much more money then neocron it must be better! i dont know which is worse, copying ideas from a shitty game, or doing it a way thats twice as shitty as the shitty game does it. :D

Birkoff
24-10-03, 16:24
I voted no, 1 more public GR maybe, vehicles need a boost in speed yes.

There is, El Faid, crest village, escador oasis, point red, TG, TH, NC, MB. Maybe 1 or 2 others at that. YOu can get most places.

Traxus
24-10-03, 16:26
Originally posted by Birkoff
I voted no, 1 more public GR maybe, vehicles need a boost in speed yes.

There is, El Faid, crest village, escador oasis, point red, TG, TH, NC, MB. Maybe 1 or 2 others at that. YOu can get most places.

Indeed. If anything, then to those free GRs should be additional garages put nearby. Make it more rewarding to have VHC.

Spoon
24-10-03, 17:51
Originally posted by Spy<VS>Spy

why doesnt KK stop doing things half fucking assed, make vehicles that actually work correctly, place extra garages in intelligent places, and add more nuetral genreps BEFORE the lock down the current ones?

even better still, How about even remotely considering faction 'balance' so that chances are that you would be able to go SOMEWHERE.

Yeah, half-assed is the phrase that comes to my mind.....
Or we were just tricked by KK, with another hollow promise....

Personally, I think their having problems coding the new GR's into the game, and don't want to admit it....
If that's the case they need to start moving the redundant GR's, like Streetwork, PP1 Medicare, Plaza 2 Center(a stones throw from Ron Tradewalk) and High Watch Road(when's the last time you used that one?), into the Wastelands, if it's possible......

I've been closely watching the TestServer Patch Notes for the last couple of weeks, not a mention of the new GR's....
But the El Farid GR has been fixed on the TS, but that fix won't come to retail for a couple of months, in the next MegaPatch(tm)

I like how KK was quick to jump at the chance to put a nice TIMESINK into the game, it was ingame within 2 or 3 weeks..
But here 3 months later, no new GR's....
It proves to me that they saw this as a timesink, not a way to improve OP wars...

Heavyporker
24-10-03, 18:17
I use highwatch all the time. likewise with PepperPark Medicare - dude, thats a GOOD spot, Just have a copbot in there to "protect the NPC", then all will be dandy. Keep the Plaza Four one, keep the PP1 one, keep the Streetworks, trust me on that one.

ALl I will say... remove one GR from Plaza Two (the one by the shops), then remove one GR from Plaza One (wtf 2 GRs side by side?!), then remove one GR from Plaza Three (again, WTF?!)

Thats three truly redundant GRs. Then put one at Desert Racetrack, then put one near BattleDome, then, um, put one around the Canyons(near or in that supertower north of Cajun Uplink or something) or the Swamplands around that lovely spot with the bunker and Yo's sellers in there (go wander around in the grasslands near Hawkins, if you go along the road you will find the spot I speak of).

Viola, the game just got a lot smaller.

]v[ortice
24-10-03, 18:26
there should be GRs in all the other zones which aren;t Warzones :) simple yet effective

Might even give a little unpredictability for OP fights

\\Fényx//
24-10-03, 18:29
Originally posted by ]v[ortice
there should be GRs in all the other zones which aren;t Warzones :) simple yet effective

Might even give a little unpredictability for OP fights

Thats far too many, would make people utterly lazy aswell, thats like GRing from plaza 1 to plaza 2...

Marx
24-10-03, 18:32
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79739

Vote yes = more GR's and cool places while keeping OP's "safe".

Vote no = if you want to continue trying to unlock OP GR's.

Progenitor
24-10-03, 18:35
Put a GR at the Desert Race Track and a GR out at the Vehicle Depot out in I16 and things would be good.

It would be nice to have a Vehicle Depot and GR outside of Regants fortress (the one in the swamp) too!

-p

Spoon
24-10-03, 18:36
Originally posted by Heavyporker
I use highwatch all the time. likewise with PepperPark Medicare - dude, thats a GOOD spot, Just have a copbot in there to "protect the NPC", then all will be dandy. Keep the Plaza Four one, keep the PP1 one, keep the Streetworks, trust me on that one.

You use HighWatch because it's close to the NEXT HQ.... :p
Your probably the only person I know of, that uses PP1 Medicare...
OK, leave Streetwork(access to OZ 1), and move the Mutant Pool GR, it's in the same zone as Streetwork....

... remove one GR from Plaza Two (the one by the shops),

That would be Ron Tradewalk, alot of people use it, the one the in the upper level of P2 by the refreshment vender is useless, imo...

They need to put a GR at the new ASG in I_16.....

ichinin
24-10-03, 18:41
I'm considering leaving TT to become factionless, i certainly hope i can use more GR's, if not i wish that factionless runners should be able to GR anywhere... some of us are more intrested in hunting than taking over Ops..

Right now i got 3 hovertecs to make sure i can go around, get stuck and take another vehicle and continue for a while.. Would prefer More GR's out in the middle of nowhere with an ASG nearby so you can get out quick to hunt.

Heavyporker
24-10-03, 18:44
what mutant pool GR?! I highly doubt its in even in the same city as Streetwork GR. If you're talking about the IND2 GR, no, keep that! The IND2 and Streetwork GRs are in different zones, and its hard enough to go around in Neocron's slums without those GRs.

And I don't know about putting in a GR at the I16 ASG, since there's that Educador Oasis GR... moving the ASG to Educador Oasis makes MORE sense to me. MUCH more sense.

And please... the Highwatch GR is a better spot to gr into than Typheera. You aren't blinded by spam the second you jump in, for one. For another, its more comfortable there, actually, beacause you actually get a breeze up there.

Spoon
24-10-03, 18:48
Originally posted by Heavyporker
what mutant pool GR?! I highly doubt its in even in the same city as Streetwork GR. If you're talking about the IND2 GR, no, keep that! The IND2 and Streetwork GRs are in different zones, and its hard enough to go around in Neocron's slums without those GRs.

The Mutant Pool GR in OZ 2, just around the corner from Streetwork(not the Industrail Lab GR)......
Their in the same zone.......

Go explore......:p

Progenitor
24-10-03, 18:53
Originally posted by ichinin
I'm considering leaving TT to become factionless, i certainly hope i can use more GR's, if not i wish that factionless runners should be able to GR anywhere... some of us are more intrested in hunting than taking over Ops..

Right now i got 3 hovertecs to make sure i can go around, get stuck and take another vehicle and continue for a while.. Would prefer More GR's out in the middle of nowhere with an ASG nearby so you can get out quick to hunt.

You can and can't - depending on which faction controls the OPs and what the settings are.

Being Factionless, means that you are allied to all the CA-Friendly factions. You are neutral to all of the others.

If a GR is set to allied only - and it is a non-CA friendly faction, you can't get there.

It is a pain in the ass sometimes, but there are always workarounds.

And just because you are factionless and neutral to someone, doesn't mean that they won't attack - several times (especially lately), I've GR'd into crp on my way to the desert racetrack and have been attacked.

-p

\\Fényx//
24-10-03, 18:56
hehe porka come onto pluto later and ill show you the mutant pool one, it's a sweet spot for something like fightnight :)

//Ring\\
24-10-03, 19:10
lol fen I SHOWED U that place remember?! lol like no one knows about it these days i think

ya its a great place, its a circle thats lower then the terrain so its like a well, but it has 4 walls that join in at the center wheres theres 4 doors to go to each room and a stair that goes upwards, theres also a gogo and a gr in there
some corporals spawn now and then too ;)

btw whats the locked gr thing?

ezza
24-10-03, 19:56
Originally posted by //Ring\\

btw whats the locked gr thing?

the owning clan can change the ops GR setting to stop enemy factions from GRing into it

-FN-
24-10-03, 20:05
Now that we GR into the UG, this feature is kind of moot.

It should go back to the old way.

//Ring\\
24-10-03, 21:42
so lets see.. if TG ever gains control of all ops they can lock the grs and we city people be screwed.. right?

if it where up to me id personally go warm up the person that thought of this *cough* 'amazing' *cough* idea
now that u mention it i remember seeing something about locked grs in the a day in neocron first movie :lol:

Spoon
24-10-03, 23:43
Originally posted by //Ring\\
so lets see.. if TG ever gains control of all ops they can lock the grs and we city people be screwed.. right?

I think that happened on Saturn the other day....
And if your a city faction on Uranus, good luck........

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I did manage to find a GR on Uranus that it bugged, too me it shows Faction or Friendly, I'm hostile to that faction, so I'm niether......
I'm in no hurry to report it, tho....
I'll take my time, just like KK...
Why should I screw myself out of the only GR I can use that's in a warzone?, KK would fix it, and still not add any new GR's..

Besides, I need to reproduce it a few more times, just to make sure........;)

Mantus
24-10-03, 23:59
As a person who has played under both systems I must say that the current GR system should not be changed. As it makes OP's a rather valuable commodity.

The real problem here is that people believe that the Outdoor Caves in the Canyon area are the only places where someone can power level. If people only stopped being sheep and bothered to look around on the map they might be pleasantly surprised.

KidWithStick
25-10-03, 00:52
locked GR's do NOT do NOTHING for OP wars anyways...its a complete joke.

if a clan wants to take an OP they are going to take the OP...no matter if they can GR straight there or run 4-5 zones.

so it really doesnt matter...all it does is fuck over the clanless runner whos in a small faction who is just trying to level.

\\Fényx//
25-10-03, 01:17
Originally posted by KidWithStick

if a clan wants to take an OP they are going to take the OP...no matter if they can GR straight there or run 4-5 zones.

so it really doesnt matter...all it does is fuck over the clanless runner whos in a small faction who is just trying to level.

Thats mah point :)

Oath
25-10-03, 01:55
remove em, nothing more disheartening than this.

1)
Oath> what? you got ganked? who by and where?
CLANMEMBER> cycrow Gr damned (insert name here)
Oath> omw.
CLANMEMBER> rawr!

1i)YOu cannot Genrep to this yadaydaydyadyaydyad BS.

2i)Try another, goto 1i)

2)Oath>sorry man, i cant get there, il add him to KOs (onoz)

CLANMEMBER> these gr rules suck d*** hard.

3) try again the next night (goto 1i)

sl33py
25-10-03, 19:10
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
ok,

Im starting to get EXTREMELY pissed off with these locked GR's, ok, nice Idea, however with NO DAMN NEUTRAL GR's its pathetic, people are jumping from faction to faction just so that they can GR wherever, thats why server balance is fucked imo atm, basically, whichever facton holds more OPs suddenly has a influx of players join em, then that faction loses some OPs, ppl join the new faction thats holding the majority etc etc, all so they can GR places, its bullshit... o_O

I dont see whats wrong with peoples changing factions because a faction holds more ops then some other factions. It is their money and time; they do as they wish. If peoples arent that rich (or lazy) they will use a vehicle to come around.

my 2 cents

Mantus
25-10-03, 19:59
Originally posted by KidWithStick

Not true. If the clan fails to take an OP thats 3-4 zones from the closest GR they can use then it will take them allot longer to reinforce or re-group for a 2nd attack. Such attacks can easilly be scouted and prepared for by the defending clan.

LTA
25-10-03, 20:11
Theres a post on the uranus ingame with quite a few signatures to.

I think all the grs should be open (dosen't next control them?)
The clan should get the basement gr and a warning message that someone gr'd in, gives there details....
Add a hackable/Breakable door to ops to slow the attackers down slightly ...

//Ring\\
25-10-03, 22:20
well as a guy who has seen both sides im gonna put some stuff in ;)

before, basically ud have gr camping or people just coming over from a zone across to take an op
before, people would just sit all day long at a congested gr and wait for some poor fuck to come out to fill em
before, grs where the best way to get around, and also the best places to get killed at
before, op fights where actually about seeing who had the closest absolute control of a gr, but there was always a backup anyway

now, people actually have to use vehicles to get around, ya they did before too but like barely at all
now, people bitch cuz they cant get from here to there in time
now, this system sux totaly =P

u should just make something like, a gr is only locked to enemy people that are IN a clan, and there should always be a public gr placed strategically around so one faction doesnt do what uranus is according to spoon

just ring0 solutions ;)

Owain
25-10-03, 22:22
http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/images/wineandcheese.jpg

No, they need to FUCKING ADD MORE FUCKING PUBLIC FUCKING GREPS FUCKING FUCK!!!

LTA
26-10-03, 13:31
Well today really is pushing me to hate the rule even more...

I bit the bullet and ran from mb to tescom, grabbing all the gr's (yutano, tristar, tescom) i cant afford a vhc, i dont have the skill neither...
Well either way thats a heck of a lot of zones, so when i reach the graves why do you feel it nessecery to sync me from the grave ebntrance into the face of a terrormauler when i try to go down...

Do you think i enjoy running across 10 fcuking zones about 10 times an hour cuz of your bugs.... if there wasnt sync bugs, fre's etc then maybe this idea might of worked..... but why should i have to join clans on the game when it dosent say "YOU WILL HAVE TO GET IN A CLAN TO LEVEL" it's just getting beyond fun into tedious bs :/