PDA

View Full Version : New nVidia drivers (forceware rev. 52.16)

FBI
24-10-03, 11:22
Seems nVidia has released new drivers called "ForceWare" so I
guess they dropped the "Detonator" name.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_52.16

For win2000/xp, these drivers were released oct23rd.

Heads up.

FBI

Original monk
24-10-03, 11:23
ty fo the info, gonna install em right away when i get home :)

\\Fényx//
24-10-03, 11:26
The previous patch for them was ForceWare :p

Cypher_Psy
24-10-03, 11:32
Is it only me that sees something wrong with the name FORCEware?

I.e Software FORCED upon you? :lol:

Rade
24-10-03, 11:35
Well they probably just want to make the connection to their
GeForce cards more clear.

\\Fényx//
24-10-03, 11:37
well the drivers now have the nForce drivers incorperated, so its because of that in my view o_O

nonamebrandeggs
24-10-03, 11:49
Don't see any better FPS o_O, maybe even worse :(.

\\Fényx//
24-10-03, 11:58
on older NVidia cards it may be worth rolling back to a older one, the current drivers are made for NForce boards and the FX range.

CryptoChronic
24-10-03, 14:47
anyone try em on a geforce 4 ti 4200?

Stigmata
24-10-03, 14:50
im also interested to see if there is a performance increase with the GF ti 4xxx range in particular 4800

please advise if anyone has noticed an improvement

Andy

\\Fényx//
24-10-03, 15:05
Originally posted by stigmata
im also interested to see if there is a performance increase with the GF ti 4xxx range in particular 4800

Andy

ive got em on my main PC with a FX5600 on, altho I can try them out on my spare machine thats got a Ti4800 blaster later tonight, rarely use it for gaming anyways, gimme a DM later today so I dont forget (like 6pm)

Nexxy
24-10-03, 15:10
I got no difference on my 4800

SpAcEDoUbT
24-10-03, 16:54
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
ive got em on my main PC with a FX5600 on, altho I can try them out on my spare machine thats got a Ti4800 blaster later tonight, rarely use it for gaming anyways, gimme a DM later today so I dont forget (like 6pm)

Ive got a 5600 too... how are they for you? Worth upgrading?

X Kitty X
24-10-03, 16:58
Originally posted by CryptoChronic
anyone try em on a geforce 4 ti 4200?

Yep last night, rebooted and it would only let me select 800X600 in 4 colours. Couldn't fix it. Rolled the driver back to the previous one, but still stuck in 4 colour mode. In the end I used a system restore point to jump back a day to before I ever downloaded the sodding thing

\\Fényx//
24-10-03, 17:25
Originally posted by SpAcEDoUbT
Ive got a 5600 too... how are they for you? Worth upgrading?

still at work atm, will try it when i get home in 2 bloody hours :(

ReefSmoker
24-10-03, 17:54
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
well the drivers now have the nForce drivers incorperated, so its because of that in my view o_O

Unfortunately the nForce driver package is still a seperate download :(

Having tried these new drivers with a ti4800 in one of my systems I reckon they're okay, but for some reason the nVidia control applet doesn't work with this driver release on this particular box (nvcpl comes up with a critical error), so I'll uninstall them and do a clean install again later to see if that fixes it. Must admit I'm surprised since it's the first time I've had a problem with nVidia drivers 8|

No major performance improvements to note, though of course I don't happen to have many (well, none actually...) DX9 games kicking around to test the new compiler 'improvements' these drivers apparently include :) Neocron still runs fine, but as we all know the CPU provides much better performance gains than any graphics card might offer with this game :D

Take care,

ReefSmoker

\\Fényx//
24-10-03, 17:57
Originally posted by ReefSmoker
Unfortunately the nForce driver package is still a seperate download :(

Having tried these new drivers with a ti4800 in one of my systems I reckon they're okay, but for some reason the nVidia control applet doesn't work with this driver release on this particular box (nvcpl comes up with a critical error), so I'll uninstall them and do a clean install again later to see if that fixes it. Must admit I'm surprised since it's the first time I've had a problem with nVidia drivers 8|

No major performance improvements to note, though of course I don't happen to have many (well, none actually...) DX9 games kicking around to test the new compiler 'improvements' these drivers apparently include :) Neocron still runs fine, but as we all know the CPU provides much better performance gains than any graphics card might offer with this game :D

Take care,

ReefSmoker

I had that error on them before, using the quick link in tool bar yea? or when trying to open te tabs in desktop properties, hell that one used to crash XP for me, but, a DX/Detonator/Hyperion reinstall fixed it o_O

Rith
24-10-03, 19:02
Originally posted by stigmata

Andy

I've got a Ti4800 - performance is utter shite now

At first I thought it was because the new drivers removed all those nice coolbits overrides from an earlier install - so i reinstalled the coolbits reg keys and the performance still sucks beyond belief.

GFX intensive games are now completely unplayable, I'm going back to the earlier drivers

Omnituens
24-10-03, 21:18
im going to keep my omega drivers, so i can actually have some control over the card.

msdong
24-10-03, 22:20
well, installing the new driver nuked my system. i did a deinstall of the old on and restart and now every DX game give me a BSoD

ok , a quick reinstall of the hyperion and the nvidiadriver fixed it