PDA

View Full Version : I can no longer go into the wastelands

Zokk
24-10-03, 01:19
Whenever I go to an "outside" area in the game (wastelands) my game repeatedly freezes for up to 45 seconds about every 15-25 seconds (I.E. game is unplayable.) This just started about an hour ago.

What the fuck is going on? Someone help me.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Lexxuk
24-10-03, 01:24
turn your puter off for like 5 mins, get a cup off coffee, then come back and try again. if all else fails, use a hammer :D

Lanigav
24-10-03, 01:25
Wow, that's really harsh. What server are you on?

\\Fényx//
24-10-03, 01:33
hmm ring0 was getting the same thing earlier, maybe your gfx cards overheating or something and its having trouble drawing the maps o_O or maybe try a reinstall, recently updated any drivers aswell ?

Lexxuk
24-10-03, 01:34
I was getting this problem too a while back, turnin off the puter, letting everything settle, cool down, should do the trick.

Zokk
24-10-03, 02:17
Nope... turned the computer off for a while, just tried again, same thing... worse actually.

Someone give me more suggestions before I find the sledge hammer :mad:

Edit: Pluto server

and Fenix, you said the "R" word. I hate the "R" word.

Zokk
24-10-03, 20:54
Well I reinstalled. Problem didn't fix.

Any more ideas?

If not, I'll be canceling my account shortly and you'll not hear from me again.

\\Fényx//
24-10-03, 20:57
Originally posted by Zokk
Well I reinstalled. Problem didn't fix.

Any more ideas?

If not, I'll be canceling my account shortly and you'll not hear from me again.

Tried reinstalling drivers ? Like mobo chipset and graphics card ?

or maybe its time to reinstall windows :D

Tratos
24-10-03, 20:58
you not getin any probs with other games? or anything like that?

~T

EDIT: fixed my stupidity

Zokk
24-10-03, 21:01
I only get the problem with Neocron, everything else runs normally. And again, its only when I try to enter the wastelands that this happens, everywhere else, the game runs normally.

I could try reinstalling drivers, but I still don't understand how the game could work fine, I log off for an hour, and then suddenly everything goes to shit.

It doesn't make sense.

Tycho C
24-10-03, 21:02
Plz don't quit! There is a solution to the problem, ya just have to find it. And as a gamer, reinstalling Winblows can do wonders. But check all other drivers first.

Krll
24-10-03, 21:09
Did you turn the "vegetation detail" up so that the wavy grass appears or something?

I know that if I have wavy grass switched on, the game will appear to freeze for up to 30 seconds every 10 to 20 seconds.

-Krll

//Ring\\
24-10-03, 21:34
ya it happens to me too, but theres just one slgiht problem, well it didnt happen when i first played but as soon as i set the vegetation detail on high while i was training at the muttie church BAM freeze

im gonna try to turn it down, the thing is i cant really turn it down if the dam thing doesnt even start, its the 5th time i reinstall and redl all the patches when i run the launcher it goes to the now loading screen before u have to type ur pw and stuff and stays there
that and the test server keeps saying i got corrupted files and the check files thingie doesnt work, it says file is unexistant and sits there doing nothing

just great .. im gettin all frustrated again and will start to suffer from stress and the desire to kill a kitten shortly after im done with this slow dling.. again

Archeus
24-10-03, 21:49
Apart from the wavy grass.

- Do a check files. I had a corrupted sound one time that caused me to crash in wasteland zones.

- Switch off Direct T&L if it still persists. See if that helps.

Other then that I am not sure.

Zokk
24-10-03, 21:49
Just found out: if I turn "3D3 T&L" off, I can move. Note that this does not solve my problem, I get such crappy fps with it off (always did) that I can't play anyway. But I feel I am closer to finding a solution.

Now that I found I only have the problem when "3D3 T&L" is on, does that mean something is wrong with my graphics card?

Archeus
24-10-03, 21:51
Now that I found I only have the problem when "3D3 T&L" is on, does that mean something is wrong with my graphics card?

Seeing as I just mentioned this it could...

Update DX and graphics drivers (something you installed recently could of screwed with them)

or

Your GFX card could be overheating or defective. I have a GFX card that overheats and it normally causes game crashes but shortly before it does I can see screen corruption of some kind beforehand.

Zokk
24-10-03, 21:53
Okay, I'll get to work on that. Thanks for the help.

Edit: First I'll re-update all the drivers... if that doesn't work, I'll switch out my current graphics card for my old one, and see if it works then.

nonamebrandeggs
24-10-03, 21:54
gl hf zokk dont leave i loveyou

SeXeD HeXeD
24-10-03, 23:05
Originally posted by Tycho C
Plz don't quit! There is a solution to the problem, ya just have to find it. And as a gamer, reinstalling Winblows can do wonders. But check all other drivers first.

yeh quit just to annoy the above moron...

Spoon
24-10-03, 23:16
Just found out: if I turn "3D3 T&L" off, I can move. Note that this does not solve my problem, I get such crappy fps with it off (always did) that I can't play anyway. But I feel I am closer to finding a solution.

Also, turn "On" force fog and turn your fog distance down too..
That will give you some fps...

It sounds like your CPU is getting overloaded.......
Get a can of air and blow the fans out, you may have an issue with heat, if you have a decent CPU(1ghz+)...

Zokk
24-10-03, 23:25
I've tried everything short of switching out my graphics card. If anything, its gotten worse, I can no longer get enough FPS to get back into the UG I keep going out of to check. It completely freezes now, FPS and bandwith go to 0, ping skyrockets. The freezes have become longer, and the intervals between them have become almost non-existant.

I'll try blowing out the fan again... I want to avoid switching back to my old graphics card if it all possible.

\\Fényx//
25-10-03, 01:26
I've tried everything short of switching out my graphics card. If anything, its gotten worse, I can no longer get enough FPS to get back into the UG I keep going out of to check. It completely freezes now, FPS and bandwith go to 0, ping skyrockets. The freezes have become longer, and the intervals between them have become almost non-existant.

I'll try blowing out the fan again... I want to avoid switching back to my old graphics card if it all possible.

is it neocron only still ?

Dostan'Ilindith
25-10-03, 01:37
possibly ram broke, tho unlikely

whats probably happened is your computer overheated and either the processor or gfx card has been damaged. if it was a driver problem, it just wouldnt work.

i sort of...short cuitceted my MB, and fried my processor, (the one im using now) i get sharp fps drops whenever my gfx card gives it something hefty to handle

all will be sorted soon tho:D

*cough*amdathlon2600xp*cough*

Zokk
25-10-03, 02:47
Okay, turns out the problem is, my card is dead. I think the fan stopped working, it feels too hot to be normal. I hope the waranty is still good on that piece of shit, or I'm going to be even less happy.

I popped in my old GeForce 2 MX, and my problem is solved, except for the fact that this card is an even bigger piece of crap :( I can atleast move in the wastelands now... but the game jumps horribly when turning. Looks like I'll be dying a lot more often...

I was just at Foster, finally freed from my UG prison... I couldn't even get away from 2 DarK PPUs, 2 PEs, an APU and a Tank that were trying to kill me, damn it.

Hopefully this is only temporary gimpage :mad:

Anyway, thank you everyone for your help, I appreciate it.

-Zokk