PDA

View Full Version : Everyone Who Wants This Game To Be Fixed/Better, Please Read...

Kenjuten
23-10-03, 23:15
Alright...

I've been brooding over the time I've been here, and I've looked at pretty much the entire history of NC in my short time here...

I know I do not speak with true experience, but if I may have some words with you all, it would be nice.

No flaming, no whining, no bitching, on this thread. Capish?
(of course, I know this won't be followed, but hey, I gotta try at least.)

People are going, some people are coming (back), but it all isn't truly enough...it seems people are just strolling by. New people are registering on these forums at least every week, yet our numbers on the servers stay relatively the same....small.

Lots of veterans have already left the scene, and with new people coming in, our populations are merely getting altered. But they seem to go almost as soon as they arrive...

Partly, this could be because it isn't a friendly game by any standard. At the top tier of the game is PvP interaction, and unless you know your way around the game, the beginning CAN be very harsh. The middle of the game is run-of-the-mill, in terms of entertainment.

Partly, this could also be because of the community. Even though the game has become considerably favorable to carebears except for some key factors, there are still rampant killings about, rare maybe, but still occuring. The way these PvP rule-algorithms work now make it actually detrimental to the newbie instead of helpful...albeit if the scenario shows itself, it is rather funny to see someone who killed you appear out of a sewer and immediately get shot to death by a nearby copbot.

Partly, it could be because of these forums...people bitch and cry and whine all day and night long here... whether we recieve words or gifts from KK does not matter, as we will continue to always somehow strive to find something else to scapegoat... I have been though enough games to know.

Some people like to think the current population problems are because of CDV's lack of advertising...and yet I remember someone on a recent thread saying there were indeed magazine ads.

Some people like to think the current population problems are because KK aren't giving us what we seem to want... yet I have seen posts by CoDi and MJS addressing at least some of the problems/issues/rumors.

Before, I used to think our misery was because of ALL of these things put together.

Lately I've begun to wonder whether we're actually in the dumps because we're not strong.

You whom have left and can no longer see my words...I may be late, but now I shout as loud as I can, how in the world could you have forsaken us? Why must you be hypocrits and not stick it out and try to make our realms better places? Surely if you all stayed our population numbers would be greater, and there would be more people able to combat our current strifes...

You whom are close to leaving, I wish to ask you whether you want to make a difference, or simply want to find another imperfect world for your quick fix?

You whom stay in the game, I must ask ... what do you think, that people cannot endure as well as you?

Before I allow my thread to become a whining post against those that have do not share my beliefs, I'd like to ask each of you who reads my thread now... what do you think of yourself?

Before I sound off for a while, I'll supplement this with an insightful essay...

Everyone is aware at least somewhat of Hybridocron, yes? Well, a portion of the community wanted those hybrids dead, another portion didn't. A large split occured... KK was lucky in that it did not want hybrids to be so powerful in the first place, however it took both its own beliefs as well as the ones who wanted hybrids dead together, instead of compromising between three sides: KK, the ones who wanted hybrids to die, and the ones who wanted hybrids to live.

One may think that KK is so hesitant atm to fix this up because of numerous reasons...for one, they may be wanting to handle this with care, because 1.) It is likely not in their interests to fix up the monk class AGAIN... 2.) They can see where the current problem is coming from...what they did before.

I honestly want to hope that KK is stalling because it wants to see ALL angles of the PPU/APU/whatever issue that is currently running so rampant, and if it is indeed so, well... keep talking, everyone.

I however do wish that the lot of you would conduct yourself in a better manner... I am VERY, very tolerant of many things... and perhaps it is my jagrin that I have come here so soon after bad experiences with another game, but at the very least I feel at peace here. But everytime I see a post concerning the monk class now, I cringe. I have a bad feeling that KK is only getting more frustrated at our inability to conduct ourselves well...

Again, I look to those that have left, and those who want to leave...think about what YOU'RE doing to the game. Please.

If you leave, your voice will no longer matter.
If you leave, you cast one more needle into the heart of NC.
If you leave, you create a lie...I know you people love this game, and your leaving tells me you hate this game, which I know is not true.

Please stop saying the same things over and over again. For one, people like me have already heard, and people like those that haven't heard you the first time will most likely not hear you later either.

Try to behave better. Honestly, I think everyone's getting a wrench around their asses and stomaches, respectively.

Stop leaving. I know I may become a hypocrit myself and leave one day, but I am not speaking as a human this time. I speak. Futilely. For I am speaking to humans, after all.

My point of this entire thread is...and perhaps I am too idealistic, but here's my pinch of realism.

We're not getting anywhere the way we're going. Anywhere good, anyway.

Whether you understand any of what I've said or not is not of my concern. Whether you agree with what I've said or not, I could care less.

But whether you at least stop for but one moment and contemplate what I am speaking, that will be enough for me.

Thank you.

You may now stone my ass to death for writing such a long post. :D

Rai Wong
23-10-03, 23:43
nobody seems to have bothered to read it, however you must understand that every game does not last forever however good it is, espcially not a game that is slow in updates.

*ph33r*
23-10-03, 23:46
Been there, tried that, hasn't worked.

The end.

Kenjuten
23-10-03, 23:52
The problem is, I do understand..

My thread's just a result of depression and seeing the current state of the game.

I'm just lamenting the fact us humans can't really stick around a game to make it (stay) the way we want to envision it...or how we can't be proper enough to be taken seriously...or how the cycle keeps running and no one wants to break it... etc...etc....

I'm tired. What can I say? :)

Actually, I could say a lot, but half of it would be stuff I wouldn't mean, a part of it would be too cruel to spit out here, and the last parts I've either already said, or sit with, brooding on.

I just want all this crap to stop, that's all... It aggravates me when I see the potential of our selves and yet we will never seem to tap into it.

Shadow Dancer
23-10-03, 23:59
Not all of it it's our fault Ken. Nor can you blame everyone and lump them into "we all can't act properly". I don't think it would be too hard for KK to give a response or an update. Is it so F*)&#$)Q#)$$#$&#)& hard for a KK rep to come in and say "we recognise that there is an imbalance at the moment concerning XXXXX, we are working towards a solution that is satisfactory". I mean jesus, throw US a bone as well. Not to mention it wasn't even this bad at first. How long are you gonna keep food from a dog before it becomes nasty? Not justifying the bad behavior that sometimes goes on, just being realistic.

Shockwave
23-10-03, 23:59
Kenjuten, take a look at *ph33r*'s sig. At time of writing it's showing something like 1,270 people online. While I admit that's actually quite a lot by NC's standards, it's naff-all by the standrds of your average MMORPG. KK are going to have to do something BIG, and do it SOON if they want to try to reverse the population decline (IE a massive re-release with a new publisher that's going to take the game seriously, alongside the introduction of "Beyond Dome of York"). No amount of cajoling is going to get people to stay if there's nothing to do they haven't done a hundred times before, and no new people to interact with. It's not a nice fact, but it's true.

Shock.

Edit: I know where you're coming from. I've pretty much left the game now, but I didn't want to. Neocron has the potential to be such a magnificent game it's untrue. CDV basically destroyed NC's chances from the word go, and frankly they ought to be lynched for it. It's heartbreaking.

spydre1070
24-10-03, 00:06
Honestly the game is boring now. There ISN'T enough high level content, and after taking a trip all around Neocron the other day and fulfilling what I had never done, I realized it wasn't that spectacular. I've lommed my characters in so many ways, visited the places I had never been, pvped some of the toughest people, won and lost huge op wars, leveled until my eyes gave out, and I now realize that it's just boring. I'm not going to waste 10$ a month on this game, when all I do is logon for 5 minutes a day to say hi to clan members and sex the same people in plaza 1.

-Mankind

p.s. And about this forum? Well the mods are uptight and don't let you have a free speech (OMG My sig said my account was expiring soon, so I'm not allowed to post in here now even though I'm still a customer?) and this game is more of a PG-13 game instead of a Mature game.

Kenjuten
24-10-03, 00:23
I'd give a bone to you guys if you'd see other people's viewpoints, and live in their shoes...but as humans go, we wanna just have our own opinions, live by them, and don't wanna give a damn what others say unless it's something we agree on, right?

SD, I know you, you know me; I AM aware it's not all our fault. And I know it's not all of us that's causing this thread to exist, but...

Perhaps if I may, I'll ask you a question. Ever wanted to be a PPU?

(Moderators, this is not a thread or post aimed at nerfing the PPU or any of that shit. I'm simply using an analogy to get a point across. Leave me be.)

I once had the role of something akin to a PPU in another game... now that I think about it, it's pretty much the same. The GOOD thing about that place though was, I was one of a kind. It was SHIT-HARD to get to where I got up to. And when I got up there, I became very distressed at how much effort I had to put into it to be totally efficient. Granted, if I relaxed and just went along with things, it was usually enough for taking out the random subpar enemies we came across, but if I had to do all I could to protect my party (for until I was capped out I had no position to be able to fight solo AT ALL.) I had things spilling out of my 'quickbelt', very, very often. I had to juggle 3-4 different weapons and 15-20 different spells on a 9-slot 'quickbelt'.

Oh, and to make the analogy complete, if I did totally cap out that character I had, I would have had something akin to parashock. Not in terms of function, but in terms of aggressive combat.

So, although I have not played a PPU in Neocron, I know VERY well what it's like to be a PPU in general. I am not trying to say (although it does come out, doesn't it?) that the PPU should be rewarded for its journey...I will NEVER be a PPU in NC, not until I cast my very final stance on this game. I would rather revolt against the entire community and become heartless before I become a PPU... I wouldn't be able to handle juggling 15-20-30 different things in one 10-slot quickbelt. Because I know that's how I'm going to be playing.

Anyway, to recap, Shadow...I want to know if you're aware of all this.

I know you hate PPUs to death and all, but if you know 100% how PPUs truly are... (and the only real way I can suggest is to try one for yourself, cap one and see how it the entire journey is, especially at the endgame), than I believe you are justified.

Anyway...the point of that little analogy is...you want me to throw you a bone because you think KK should have at least addressed certain issues by now, right?

Don't you think they're trying to crack their brains out to figure out how to even go about addressing these issues because they don't want to relive how we went from hybridocron to tankocron to PPU/APU/Whateverthehell,I'mdonenow/Monk-o-cron? And perhaps they want us to talk it all out first, so we get all the angles possible?

Maarten
24-10-03, 00:29
Amen...

But seriously, people are leaving for all different reasons. Some people don't have time for the game anymore, some people get tired of all the bugs, other people can't handle monkacron, etc.
You can't tell people not to leave. Not even if the game were free of charge.

But some problems why veterans leave or newbies don't stay can be solved. Veterans just need something to do. The only thing that they can do at the moment is PvP/OP fights. Tradeskilling isn't fun. They can change that. And they should add more different kind of mob caves in the wastes. And for different kind of players. Almost all caves have 70/70, 80/80, 100/100 and a 120/120 boss. Those caves are for mid level players to team and level. By the time you get capped, you can dream those caves. So capped people don't play in the caves and low level people can't because they die. We need caves with 25/25, 35/35, 45/45 and a 75/75 boss for low level chars. And we need caves with 100/100, 120/120, 140/140 and a 200/200 boss for capped chars. And those caves should be fun and more important WORTH doing. Not all caves should have poison mobs. I can go on about the caves like this for a few more days...

Tradeskillers. They need a better way to advertise themselves and the process should be improved. Construction is almost perfect. The fact that your name can be written on the weapon if it's good is the idea of a genius. The only thing that needs to happen to construction is making it worth specializing in it. I have a pretty good idea for this but I won't go in it atm.
Researching can use a lot of work. First of all, it shouldn't take so damn long. Plus copying a blueprint should go much faster then making the blueprint itself.
Implanting should be different. Not just a simple poke. The poker and the "patient" should not be able to move during the process.
This sounds like it sucks, because it's a nerf, but this would actually make having more then one poker on Plaza usefull. Plus it would be much more realistic.

About the advertising of tradeskills. We need a marketplace. Something a lot bigger then the square in front of Medicare at Plaza-1. Tradeskillers should be able to rent a counter or something with a sign above it that sais what skill they have, the level, price and maybe some other stuff. Just like the signs above the OP entrances. This would help the local chat for not being spammed by tradeskill messages.

I can already hear KK saying that they don't have time for such a big projects like the new caves and the marketplace. Well, give me the tool you use to create maps for Neocron and I will create some nice caves and a great marketplace. I have plenty of experience in 3D level building. Plus some current caves could use a revamp. I won't ask any payment for it. And when I'm done, people can vote if they want it or not.

And at last, to help new players stay around longer, we need better guidance for them. Using more pop-up messages in MC5 would help a lot. And put them in a log file or something. So you won't get the message each time you approach a chair in your app, but you can still look it up and read it again. Creating a Tip Of The Day service would prove very usefull too I'm sure.

I'm sorry, Kenjuten. My reply to your post kinda turned into my own topic. That wasn't mine intention. But you're just saying in a vague way that something needs to be done to get higher populations on the server. I'm saying what should be done (IMHO).

EDIT:

It took me a while to type this post. And in the meantime you posted yours. And here I am, proving your point. This post is all about my own opinion. I guess I'm used to speaking my opinion because of my quite succesful mod for Red Alert 2: Eagle Red. Ah well. I always think everyone has a right for their own opinion. If nobody agrees with you, shut up and don't try to push it onto others. If you get a lot of support, you know you're "in". Which is exactly what happened with my PPU spell graphics thread. I only hope people agree with my ideas as much as they agree with my graphics... :P

Kenjuten
24-10-03, 00:45
Aye...

I know most of what I said doesn't matter...and I know I shouldn't tell people to stay, especially if they don't want to.

But I'd never say all that as a human. I know I wouldn't. It's my damn soul talking.

Perhaps I'm trying to speak so that this game doesn't turn into another game I've been in.

But I just want people to think about my thread, that's all. I come with no ill will, or anger. I am merely depressed, and wanted to get some things off my chest.

I just want people to think, that's all...

..and maybe feel, too.

Shadow Dancer
24-10-03, 00:53
Yes Kenjuten I was ppu.

And It was hard. And I stopped being PPU because I didnt' like not doing damage and I hated the lack of appreciation from people. Do I feel that justifies their importance? Hell no. :p

Zanathos
24-10-03, 00:55
Truly, given time

and the Neocron's team effort

this game could be so much more than it is now.

But when it comes down to it. Its a big deathmatch game that has a level up system in it.

Whats there left for me to do once I'm done leveling my characters to satisfactory points?

Why do trade skillers get the shaft? Why do we have to kill any sort of mob to level up our trade skills when trade skilling should be enough?

About all of us having a marketplace and such, a similar idea was to be implemented in the future possibly that allow players to own shops.

People will leave no matter what you try to do in a game. People find they dont like it, people find that there just isnt anything left to do. People dont have the time and money to play it, people get sick of the bugs or constant crashing.

Maybe people just find the game way to cunfusing when you start because I certainly whas when I came back from Beta 4 to play in Retail at around patch 185. I pretty much thought.... WTF is going on.

I played Beta 4, what stopped me from going into Retail? Money.

What will stop me from playing this game? Not bugs, Boredom and financing.

Truly, if Neocron is to have a future, it needs a publisher that cares and does a damn good job and DoY.

For many of us, if DoY doesnt live to our expectations, people will leave.

For all we know, DoY may be a HUGE update to Neocron which will implement MANY of the ideas mentioned here and balance MANY things such as MONKOCRON.

We dont know do we?

But then again, KK sais very little to us about anything.

Cruzbroker
24-10-03, 01:12
I wonder how many people really THINK... Like in music, most don't... well.. meh..

Isn't there "Tip of the day" window already? when you log on... Once you disable it, it can't be turned back on?..

I know a lot of ppl who don't really read help etc. , they just come and ask.... I wonder how could people made to explore the game bit more...

err..

Kenjuten
24-10-03, 01:20
heh Cruz :p

SD, cool, least I know you know. :cool:

Okay, so people are buggerin' that there's not enough to do.

Why don't you CREATE something to do? =\

Take lessons from lexxuk, make new fads (No, don't sex the copbots... :rolleyes: ), be creative, do new stuff. Seriously, this game is meat (even if it may be stale...), if you ain't gonna bring your utensils, all you're gonna do is eat it raw, or with your hands. Only one way. At the dinner table, it ain't complete or proper if you eat (certain) food with just your hands, right? The game has to provide half of it, and the playerbase has to provide half of it too. And to me it ain't proper to just believe the game is 100% obligated to provide stuff for you to stay around.

I'm starting to dislike this excuse people are throwing around. Isn't it your fault if you're going to leave on that account?

Edit: (Course...if there was an inter-faction IC channel instead of or along with the faction channels, RP COULD be a bit easier...not saying it would...just saying it could)

KRIMINAL99
24-10-03, 01:54
All I have to say if KK doesn't make changes soon, the second a better MMORPG comes up Im out of here. KK has a blessing in that people are here still talking about their game instead of leaving because of the problems it has.

On the other hand they can look at it as they get that blessing cause they are the best so far in the eyes of the people still here. However I for one know how easy it would be to become 100x better. And that means it wont be long before someone else does if they do not. And if it IS long enough, hell I'm going to use my savings to start my OWN mmorpg company.

Lareolan
24-10-03, 02:08
I'm sorry to say this, but why do you expect people to waste their money on a game that they do not enjoy? Games are supposed to be fun, when people leave it just tells KK that they are doing something wrong. And we all know how many things they have done wrong. Starting with lack of ANY communications with the paying customers at all. I mean sure, MJS occasionally comes in to throw a bone to all the fanboys out there on the forums, who immediately start to praise his name even though he didn't say anything at all. Whereas other companies have such items as "News" pages, ".plan" documents etc... What does KK have? No news what-so-ever, no regular updates on what is going on at all! The ".plan" files do exist, but the latest one is what 5-6 months old now? This is not even a joke!

CDV also did a very good job of killing the game. I mean after all, CDV didn't advertize at all! Ok, you say someone mentioned in passing they saw an ad in a magazine... How many magazines was it in? For all we know it was 1 ad in 1 magazine ONCE! That's all. There was no advertizement at all on this side of the pond (At least not in Canada). Trust me, after I got into the game, I looked hard. It even took some doing to find myself a copy of the game!

Further more there are a lot more issues than most people tend to think about. Sure, the server populations are low and that's pretty bad. But think what happens when you have a bunch of people in one sector? Do you honestly believe that if the population on the servers increase, they won't instantly decrease due to people leaving because of constant crashes (server and client both), lag both graphical and network due to bad networking and 3D code. This is a pretty serious issue as well and I doubt KK has the ability to address that issue without having to rewrite the game's engine and buy whole new servers. That's just the way things are. So for all of you who think DoY and new publisher will be the salvation of this game, think about what I said. I'm sure you realize that my words are well founded and supported by everything we've seen in the game or heard from KK during their super-rare updates.

So no, this game will never succeed. And no, I don't love this game. Very few people love this game. I love the style of the game and what this game could have been, but never will be because KK simply bit off way more than they could chew. They should never have tried MMOs and should have stayed with their much smaller projects.

But hey, it's still kind of amuzing to play the game while it lasts I guess... Addictions are bad :(

Shockwave
24-10-03, 02:13
Originally posted by Kenjuten
Why don't you CREATE something to do? =\

Take lessons from lexxuk, make new fads (No, don't sex the copbots... :rolleyes: ), be creative, do new stuff. Seriously, this game is meat (even if it may be stale...), if you ain't gonna bring your utensils, all you're gonna do is eat it raw, or with your hands. Only one way. At the dinner table, it ain't complete or proper if you eat (certain) food with just your hands, right? The game has to provide half of it, and the playerbase has to provide half of it too. And to me it ain't proper to just believe the game is 100% obligated to provide stuff for you to stay around.

I'm starting to dislike this excuse people are throwing around. Isn't it your fault if you're going to leave on that account?
There's only so much you can think of to do once you've explored the entire map, hunted every mob, been through every cave, done every Epic, climbed every mountain, forded every stream, followed every rainbow etc., and drained your imagination of interesting player-invented things to do. You can't blame the playerbase for getting bored when they've seen and done literally everything they can think of.

Edit: (Course...if there was an inter-faction IC channel instead of or along with the faction channels, RP COULD be a bit easier...not saying it would...just saying it could)
Hell, I'd be happy if I could just turn Faction chat off without muting the entire Custom channel. I still can't do it even up to the latest patch. As to roleplaying, I'd be overjoyed if people started properly RPing en masse. Trouble is the RPers were the first to start moving on, leaving the "1337 hardcore" players (AKA Asshat PKers), who tend to drive away new players by repeatedly gifting them with a CS- or HL-delivered "Thru-Flo Cranial Ventilation System". As for the twats who seem to think RPing is only blowing seven shades of shit out of hostile factions... :rolleyes:

Shock.

Edit:

All I have to say if KK doesn't make changes soon, the second a better MMORPG comes up Im out of here.
Hey, maybe NC stagnating does have a silver lining to it after all!
Krim, you do realise that NC is pretty much unique in it's PvP system, and just about all other MMORPGs use turn-based systems, don't you? You might be waiting for a looong time for an MMORPG you consider better...

Kenjuten
24-10-03, 02:13
Eh..

You seem to ignore that people should be able to make the game fun for themselves if they really like it.

Anyway...if you really think KK bit off more than they could chew, I got a phrase for you:

Face of Mankind.

Also, this ain't an addiction for me..I could just as easily go off and play FFXI, but I don't think I'm ready for that just yet...

For now, Neocron is my home, and I wanna help it.

Shockwave
24-10-03, 02:29
Originally posted by Kenjuten
Eh..

You seem to ignore that people should be able to make the game fun for themselves if they really like it.

Anyway...if you really think KK bit off more than they could chew, I got a phrase for you:

Face of Mankind.

Also, this ain't an addiction for me..I could just as easily go off and play FFXI, but I don't think I'm ready for that just yet...

For now, Neocron is my home, and I wanna help it.

I quote me:
There's only so much you can think of to do once you've explored the entire map, hunted every mob, been through every cave, done every Epic, climbed every mountain, forded every stream, followed every rainbow etc., and drained your imagination of interesting player-invented things to do.

It's not that KK have bitten off more than they can chew, it all CDV. I don't know how big Duplex (the devs of FoMK) are, but KK are small, and their treatment by CDV was pretty much a deathblow from the start. If NC had gotten the publicity it deserved KK would have received lots of royalties and subs and been able to hire more people to create content and develop the world. The way it turned out KK couldn't do that, and have just about managed to struggle on to this point. Like I said, KK need to hook up with a decent publisher very, very soon or things are going to get terminal.

Kenjuten
24-10-03, 02:33
Erm.. Shock, sorry, my bad ^^; I was talking to Lareolan...

I finished putting up my post after you put up yours...

Gotta remember to refer to someone when I'm responding to someone. :(

Edit: Well, anyway, whatever... I'm feeling a bit better now anyhoo. If this game lives, so be it. If it dies, so be it.

Might as well have the time of our lives while we're still here. :)

Shockwave
24-10-03, 02:40
lol! Guess I should have read Lareolan's posting before replying to yours! Well, it's about time I wound my neck in anyway - I've got the 1k of minerals I was surveying for on Tatooine, I'd better get back to grinding Stimpacks. :D
Have fun, dude.

Zanathos
24-10-03, 04:44
Possible future of Neocron when Face of Mankind comes out and DoY.

When Face of Mankind goes into Beta testing, players on servers will drop a little.

When Face of Mankind goes retail, the player base will drop MORE.

When DoY is released and the many people that had their hopes too high may be sadly disapointed and leave (MAY BE, NO GUARENTEE AS LITTLE IS KNOWN ABOUT DoY).

Even with publisher help, the way the game setup, it will already lose SOME player base cause of the difficult beginning to the game.

After all of this, its quite possible that Neocron may no longer be able to survive or will close down a server or two to remain alive.

This is only a possible future, I for will say this, if Face of Mankind turns out to be much more engaging than Neocron, I'm cancelling my account and turning there.

Mantus
24-10-03, 05:01
The problem with Neocron is its comunity. There is no denying it.

Neocron is by far the best MMORPG out there. It has its flaws but every other MMORPG has them too. The inbalanced and bugs in NC are not enough to explain it's curent state of hybrenation. Other game's suffer from all the problems that NC has and many more, yet they make it and NC doesnt.

The comunity is bitter and tired, of what, I dont know. Pherhaps themselves. All I know is that if their attitude towards NC doesnt change this game will end up in the gutter.

Zanathos
24-10-03, 07:08
My attitude to the game is fine really.

My only problem right now is a lack of life in Neocron, everything seems so sterile and boring. I mean, all those copbots just standing there, no flying hoverbots, no plants swaying in the wind in Neocron, no NPC's just walking around etc...

As well as the current monk situation. All I want there is some balancing, not destroy em.

cracky
24-10-03, 07:17
If you treat people badly you won't have anybody at your funeral.

Shadow Dancer
24-10-03, 07:17
Originally posted by Mantus
The problem with Neocron is its comunity. There is no denying it.

Neocron is by far the best MMORPG out there. It has its flaws but every other MMORPG has them too. The inbalanced and bugs in NC are not enough to explain it's curent state of hybrenation. Other game's suffer from all the problems that NC has and many more, yet they make it and NC doesnt.

The comunity is bitter and tired, of what, I dont know. Pherhaps themselves. All I know is that if their attitude towards NC doesnt change this game will end up in the gutter.

That's foolishness your spouting. The community's attitude will throw this game in the gutter? Yea ok. It has nothing to do with the dev's lack of advertisement, communication, or not finding a publisher yet right?

PUH LEEZE. Seriously you people need to get a goddamn grip. I've played 4 goddamn mmorpgs of varying popularity. And i haven't noticed any great difference between the communities of each. Their will ALWAYS be the fanboys who think nothing is wrong and everything is the community's fault, tehre will always be the asshole PKARS, there will always be the "this game was better back in XXX days, if only those days were here again" type people, there will always be the "this game is going down the shitter" people, i've seen all kinds of people in each community and their all the same damn type. Their are just too many people to try and lay blame to the community specifically.

K THX

Alex Mars
24-10-03, 08:45
PUH LEEZE. Seriously you people need to get a goddamn grip. I've played 4 goddamn mmorpgs of varying popularity. And i haven't noticed any great difference between the communities of each. Their will ALWAYS be the fanboys who think nothing is wrong and everything is the community's fault, tehre will always be the asshole PKARS, there will always be the "this game was better back in XXX days, if only those days were here again" type people, there will always be the "this game is going down the shitter" people, i've seen all kinds of people in each community and their all the same damn type. Their are just too many people to try and lay blame to the community specifically.

Very true.

Heads up: it is not the obligation of the players to stick around to support a game, it is the obligation of the game devs to offer a product that persuades the player to keep playing.

If someone is not having fun then they should move on, and trying to blame them or make it out to be their fault is deeply pathetic. This is a video game, not a religion. If it fails then the market has spoken.