PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Get Somebody Else?

ghandisfury
23-10-03, 21:47
Borgoth has been hacked again......how do I talk to somebody OTHER than Stephan Bast?

mdares
23-10-03, 21:51
i think its random... one email i get from bast and i get nothing done; next email was from someone informative and lo and behold my problem was solved...

i think they base the customer support people choice like slots... ALL RANDOM.

ghandisfury
23-10-03, 21:53
I'm not dealing with Mr. Bast again......I may as well leave. I don't know how this person is hacking, but I DO know that something needs to be done about it....Mr. Bast could give a shit less about anybody or anything.

Pill
23-10-03, 22:24
it's random, he's helpful actually, just depends on your situation.

ghandisfury
23-10-03, 22:26
Originally posted by Pill
it's random, he's helpful actually, just depends on your situation.

Well, I'm almost possotive I know exactly who hacked me, but he couldn't give a shit less.....and refuses to even investigate the matter.

KidWithStick
23-10-03, 23:02
try getting ahold of danae

shes nice and normally gets things done fast

BlackPrince
23-10-03, 23:04
Originally posted by ghandisfury
Well, I'm almost possotive I know exactly who hacked me, but he couldn't give a shit less.....and refuses to even investigate the matter.

Thats because as well all know nobody can hack Neocron. There are no cheats for it out there and all of our login information is secure, unless you use 3rd Party software. It doesn't matter that many of the folks who 'claimed' to have been 'hacked' never downloaded 3rd party programs though.

KidWithStick
23-10-03, 23:05
Originally posted by BlackPrince
Thats because as well all know nobody can hack Neocron. There are no cheats for it out there and all of our login information is secure, unless you use 3rd Party software. It doesn't matter that many of the folks who 'claimed' to have been 'hacked' never downloaded 3rd party programs though.

[Edited for Trolling - Gungnir]

EDIT:

neocron HAS been hacked.

neocrons servers were also hacked.

it is possible to get/use auto aiming, or target locking programs.

k?

BlackPrince
23-10-03, 23:07
*sigh*

Wit is lost on the witless.

KidWithStick
23-10-03, 23:09
[Removed for Flaming - Gungnir]

BlackPrince
23-10-03, 23:11
KWS, leave it at the door boyo. I was being sarcastic and indirectly quoting what most of us who have been hacked in the past have recieved as answer to our complaint.

Remember what the wise old man said: [Trolling is against rules - Gungnir]

El_MUERkO
23-10-03, 23:11
@ Kid: he was being sarcastic

@Black: This isnt a thread for sarcasm or humour

Dont give kk an excuse to close this thread plz

KidWithStick
23-10-03, 23:12
if your going to act sarcastic than do it right.

RuriHoshino
23-10-03, 23:12
Kid, I think that post from BlackPrince was supposed to be read as sarcasm, not seriously.

[edit] damn I'm just not fast enough :rolleyes:

KidWithStick
23-10-03, 23:13
Originally posted by RuriHoshino
Kid, I think that post from BlackPrince was supposed to be read as sarcasm, not seriously.

[edit] damn I'm just not fast enough :rolleyes:

yea, im not in a mood for humor, or retarded sarcasm

BlackPrince
23-10-03, 23:14
Muerko, I understand completely where ghandis is coming from. I don't think theres a major clan on pluto who hasn't had an account hacked (even so called 'secure' accounts). I wasn't trying to diminish in anyway the seriousness of the matter, I was merely pointing out what the prevalent attitude has been from KK concerning the matter.

--
Talking condescending to another users is still a manfest form of
Trolling in my book thus, Edited
--
Gungnir

Shockwave
23-10-03, 23:30
Originally posted by KidWithStick
yea, im not in a mood for humor, or retarded sarcasm

Wow, who pissed on your corn flakes this morning then?

Seriously, calm down Kid. BlackPrince didn't deserve what you just chucked at him.

ghandisfury
23-10-03, 23:35
well, thank you all for your replies.....now it's time to wait. I know exactly who it is now....they were sloppy and there were 3 people in the elevator where they left me. So, now it's up to the KK to catch and ban this person (now it's personal).

Gungnir
23-10-03, 23:42
--
Fellas simmer down ...
--
Gungnir

ghandisfury
23-10-03, 23:50
Originally posted by Gungnir
--
Fellas simmer down ...
--
Gungnir

My account was hacked, and it _has_to_be server side......all of his shit was stolen, (aside from rares that were in another appartment only because I was smart this time)....and you want me to "simmer down"?

I am PMing MJS right now.......BECASUE I'M FUCKING PISSED!!!

jernau
24-10-03, 00:03
@ghandi - email helpdesk@ and put "FAO Danae" or "FAO Odin" in the subject and it will go to them. Danae is logged into IRC atm but may just be lurking. I'm sure if you msg her there though she will do everything she can to help.

Danae
24-10-03, 00:14
Stephen Bast aka Carnage is the helpdesk supervisor and he is the only one who deals with issues like hacked account claims. He is the only one who has access to do rollbacks etc.

Please do not send emails to me or Odin - unfortunately we are not permitted to handle this type of ticket. I apologize sincerely.

If you believe your account has been compromised I suggest you do the following:

Check your computer for viruses, trojan horses, keyloggers. Make sure no one has access to your email information, make sure you have changed your account password immediately. Make sure you have not used any third party programs for Neocron where you are asked to input your login and password. Never ever send your password for Neocron via email - even to helpdesk@neocron.com - we have that information on record we will never ask you for your password.

ghandisfury
24-10-03, 00:14
Originally posted by jernau
@ghandi - email helpdesk@ and put "FAO Danae" or "FAO Odin" in the subject and it will go to them. Danae is logged into IRC atm but may just be lurking. I'm sure if you msg her there though she will do everything she can to help.

Thank you, what does FAO mean?

jernau
24-10-03, 00:30
Originally posted by ghandisfury
Thank you, what does FAO mean?

For the Attention Of.

It seems my advice was less than useful after all though. Sorry.:(

El_MUERkO
24-10-03, 03:08
Well the Warhammer Online beta is coming up soon so if KK dont act on credable evidence thats where I'm going, cant be to sure where the rest of SXR will go but it should drop plutos poplation a bit. Sure we cant even fill a 64 player BF1942 server duringthe day :)

Lenard
24-10-03, 05:57
You guys realize that none of this shit would have happened if you hadn't had shared out all your accounts with each other.

The only person you people have to blame is yourselves.

BlackPrince
24-10-03, 06:09
Mine got hacked. I have never shared my password with anyone, all my passwords are randomly generated and updated every week. I don't use 3rd party programs and sweep my computer every 3 days for key loggers and trojans.

I knew what their 'policy' was and didn't even bother reporting it. Wasn't worth the frustration.

So tell me again...who's unsecure?

Lenard
24-10-03, 06:23
What was your chars name prince?

I'm just curious

Rento Webex
24-10-03, 11:35
Lenard the same person who messaged me on AOL messenger, telling me to change my password again as "someone" had caught wind of it again.. I didnt change my password and nothing happened 2 -3 weeks later (now) Rento Webex my tank has been hacked again..... great. Thanks ever so much.

Sorontar
24-10-03, 11:46
We've 'lost' 3 apartments full of stuff and it's really hard when you're trying to keep a small clan alive.

If things don't look up soon we'll just walk away and won't look back. I love the game but it's really a kick in the stones when your stores just vanish.

If items could be tracked , which apparently they can't ( a crime in my eyes ) , KK could sort this shit out with a small amount of work.

Oh well , onwards and upwards.

Cypher_Psy
24-10-03, 11:49
Originally posted by BlackPrince
Mine got hacked. I have never shared my password with anyone, all my passwords are randomly generated and updated every week. I don't use 3rd party programs and sweep my computer every 3 days for key loggers and trojans.

I knew what their 'policy' was and didn't even bother reporting it. Wasn't worth the frustration.

So tell me again...who's unsecure?

What programs do you use to sweep for trojans?
Do you use filesharing / instant messaging?
Do you update your OS regulary? (Windows Update or simular)
Do you visit / have visited any websites with dubious content?
Do you have a firewall?

\\Fényx//
24-10-03, 11:54
If maybe Odin read his emails he would know about a Trojan I found that was called 'neolog.exe' (meh cant remember, sure it was that, im at work atm) running on my system, havent had _ANY_ 3rd party programs running on this PC related to neocron other than a skill manager that was stated in my Email, personally i doubt the skill manager is the cause as it's been around for aaaaaaaaaaaaaages o_O I have reformatted this PC since i last used a 3rd party prog.

ofcourse i have changed all my passwords since :p luckily to my knowledge nobody got on either of my accounts.

Mighty Max
24-10-03, 12:06
The used algorythms to secure the accounts are at the current time really secure.

There are no known technical ways to undergo them.

BUT:

there are several ways to influent YOUR side of the connection. One thing is the security hole running on 99% of you computers: InternetExplorer.

To avoid getting hacked by just visiting one webside (this is possible without clicking anything) update your system, run an virus checker and RUN A FIREWALL.

:edit: BTW, the guy constantly sending me virus mails with spyware, you can shut down it, my sourcecodes arent saved on that pc ....

Cypher_Psy
24-10-03, 12:13
Thats sick, if its from the same email addy then send a nice detailed letter to abuse@hisisp...

\\Fényx//
24-10-03, 12:16
Originally posted by Mighty Max
The used algorythms to secure the accounts are at the current time really secure.

There are no known technical ways to undergo them.

BUT:

there are several ways to influent YOUR side of the connection. One thing is the security hole running on 99% of you computers: InternetExplorer.

To avoid getting hacked by just visiting one webside (this is possible without clicking anything) update your system, run an virus checker and RUN A FIREWALL.

:edit: BTW, the guy constantly sending me virus mails with spyware, you can shut down it, my sourcecodes arent saved on that pc ....

The guys on this forum ? o_O name and shame NAME AND SHAME !!! :o

Archeus
24-10-03, 12:20
I stopped using IE (Now using Mozilla). There are still so many fricken exploits in it that you only need to look at a page for a person to get full access to your machine and bypass your firewall.

If you are clinically instane enough to use IE then disable Active-X, java, javascript at least.

Lenard
24-10-03, 12:29
You should have taken my advice Rento. I was trying to help you.

And now you blew my cover. All my hard earned super sekret undercover work into the world of Neocron hacking has gone down the drain ;(

Archeus
24-10-03, 18:18
Originally posted by Rento Webex
Lenard the same person who messaged me on AOL messenger, telling me to change my password again as "someone" had caught wind of it again.. I didnt change my password and nothing happened 2 -3 weeks later (now) Rento Webex my tank has been hacked again..... great. Thanks ever so much.

I see AOL have a backdoor that allows them to reconfigure your machine. It was mentioned on a news story recently. Hackers could be using that.