PDA

View Full Version : Remove QB, bring back Drops

Lexxuk
23-10-03, 18:09
Like the title says. Quick Belts were introduced around the time that newbs were ganked 24/7 in the aggie pit. Thats not a problem anymore, so there is no need for the carebear quickbelt.

So, remove quickbelts, bring back the risk of dying, and make killing people worth something without the need for a hacker to hack your belt.

May as well keep slot one safety, even if that is carebeary in itself.

Phlith
23-10-03, 18:14
sounds like fun... even though i'd probably end up losing all of my items within 10 minutes after it happening.... but i've got no problem with that :D

Pi-Oh-Pah
23-10-03, 18:15
I hear where your coming from m8, but unless hacknet comes out it leaves hackers with little to do with their skills

P.S. Did u get teh piccy I sent ya ;)

Lexxuk
23-10-03, 18:19
hehehe, ya, damn funny :D reminds me of a joke..

whats difference between snow men and snow women?

snow balls :p

btw, I posted same poll in the German forum, that way, we get a more rounded view of the entire community, not just the Eng side.

/edit @ below - they are introducing a "dont rez me" switch you turn on, which removes rez killin (eventually), so, when that is put in, there is no chance of loosin ur stuff coz of rez killing.

Wannabe
23-10-03, 18:19
Well, if the QB is removed, it would mean the prices on weapons, rare parts etc. would go up.

In on view, constructors would have more work when people are replacing items they lost.

In other view, the problem with rez killing, you could lose your whole quick belt.

If this is re-implanted back, you should only loose stuff on your quickbelt, no in your inventory / armor. As otherwise rez killing would only increase and new players, those who have no money etc. would leave 'cause they have lost everything. The previous statement is only a presumption tho.

Voted no 'cause I'm a carebear *^_^*

// Wannabe

wolfwood
23-10-03, 18:51
NOT HAPPENING ANYMORE STFU

\\Fényx//
23-10-03, 19:03
Originally posted by wolfwood
NOT HAPPENING ANYMORE STFU

Like wolf, grow up :p

I personally dont like belts... altho my PE can hack belts, generally belts never drop, however the only times you do fight where belts drop it's a fight where your risking it etc, some ppl only fight in OP zones anbd lose their balls in a anarchy zone... its funny really, anyways personally i dont like belts, bring back the whole item drop, anything from your inv tho, not just something from your QB because that means at half health, ppl just go 'feck it'' and stop fighting, and shift all their stuff from their belt and shove a medi kit in there on its own ..

Marx
23-10-03, 19:11
bring drops back.

fair 'nuff.

Lexxuk
23-10-03, 19:14
heh, its pretty much even on both sides of the forum, cept the german community seem to sleep with more dead animals than us. kewl :D

Sokaris
23-10-03, 19:34
I will always vote no as long as Saturn's economy is so fucked..

it's way too expensive and time consuming to get something only to have it drop.. and pay what 11mil for it again.. please.. no thanks.

maybe if this was pluto where you pay 150k or something but not saturn where parts go for 600k a piece. (unless you are looking for an electric tempest :p )

oh and ha to the rez switch.. when they put that into play.. lol like the neutral gr.. ya i won't be holding my breathe..

KidWithStick
23-10-03, 19:39
i say no, unless they up the droprate by 50% so rares arnt 3 mill each... anc CS parts arnt 500k no more.

Sefran
23-10-03, 19:44
Y right , then any geek can go backstab a high lvl player in hope to get some good stuff, i'd say NO. Nice stuff u worked much for , whats worth anything in efford then. And what u need hackers for then , ops only? Nice idea of ''fun'', might aswell never leave ur app without ppu :x

ichinin
23-10-03, 19:50
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
bring back the whole item drop, anything from your inv tho, not just something from your QB because that means at half health, ppl just go 'feck it'' and stop fighting, and shift all their stuff from their belt and shove a medi kit in there on its own ..

The game works like that already.

I got pked up northwest a while ago, i put junk in the quickbelt just before i died, but got the junk back in my backpack and my pants were missing.

I have nothing against the thing, since noobs still can use LE's and as long the soullight thing is unchanged (max 1 part/qb by default and more if your SL suck)

One idea would be to make a "Insurance item mod" that teleported stuff with the mod inside back to your Gogu...