PDA

View Full Version : So, just started a char on saturn

Rieper
23-10-03, 16:19
hes an APU.. i've never played that class befor, so i'd thought i'd give it a try... my slots on Uranus and Pluto are filled.. so started playing on saturn. levelling up slowly, going spell to spell, not many worries.. then i looked on the auction forum to see how much stuff was going for (figured i'd trade money over from other servers and buy my gear)

Pis Core, 5 million? you've gotta be shitting me! How do most newbs (who will go to the busiest server) expect to get higher level equipment? while i appreciate people hunt for parts, the droprate is not exactly great and parts are often bought to complete stuff. What can be done about the bloated economy? its a player caused problem, not a dev one, because Pluto and Uranus both have much stabler economies.

Duder
23-10-03, 16:22
Also heres a tip if youre gonna stay in Saturn a bit more;

Spam everything in Trade channels twice.

See, it doubles your chances of someone buying things for double the money, and doubles the chance that everyone will perfectly understand you. You should also type IN FULL CAPS, AS FULL CAPS MAKES THINGS MORE EASIER TO SEE.

And thats about it if you want to survive in Saturn.

Also if someone comes and tells you "giv your mony plz", tell him "touch me and ill log onto my capped APU/PPU/Tank".

Original monk
23-10-03, 16:35
1 tip for saturn: have a donkey with you that shits cash and techparts so ya can afford all the stuff ya really need :D like a psicore. The time it takes for me on uranus to get a complete silent hunter is about 3 hours, by hunting (always empty huntingrounds, and by trading: not alot traders over there so thats the hard part but on the brite note: you dont need to offer 90 techs for 1 psicorepart, i even bought a 4 slot speedgatling there for 300k, on saturn it would cost me about 6 mill :P) to get that same silent hunter on saturn thats gonna cost me weeks of hunting cause every possible spot is occupied and there are alot of traders but they want 20 parts + cash + vehcomp's 10 and some exp psi controllers 3 for 1 miezery part you desperatly need :/ And then i didnt even started about mc5 parts ranging from 4 to 8 mill a piece (yes ya need 6 of em). For more specific items like kamikazechips ya better start trading with DS parts and about a 50 regular parts ranging from pe- over cs- to liberatorparts and maybe a small addition of 2 to 5 mill. So actually the only thing you can do is hunt for parts like crazy and hope ya find psicore parts, wich isnt obvious with a pool off over 300 parts, and i can assure you the droprate is shit and if ya get parts it will be: thunderbolt, POB, POT, thunderstorm (not holy) maybe with some luck DG parts or even with TONS off luck some pistolultimaparts (in a mather off speech ffcourse) :P

economy fucked up ? nah :P

good luck with youre apu monk :)

Xin
23-10-03, 16:58
Originally posted by Original monk
i even bought a 4 slot speedgatling there for 300k, on saturn it would cost me about 6 mill :P)

I must play on a different Saturn. I did the TT epic and traded the TT rifle for my 2 slot speedgun, then I bought another one (3 slot) for 600k and traded it for a 4 slot judge. I've seen 5 slot SG's go for 2 Mil. Considering you only need 1 slot on a speedgun anyway, why would anyone pay 6 Mil for a 4 slot? I think you're exaggerating quite a bit.

to get that same silent hunter on saturn thats gonna cost me weeks of hunting cause every possible spot is occupied and there are alot of traders but they want 20 parts + cash + vehcomp's 10 and some exp psi controllers 3 for 1 miezery part you desperatly need :/
Strange, I just trade 1 part for 1 part. If I need a Silent Hunter part, there's about a dozen other kinds of parts I don't need that I could trade for it... Heavy Weapon, Psi spell, Rigger, etc. I traded all kinds of rifle and pistol parts to get my moonstriker parts. The only parts I didn't trade 1-for-1 are ultima parts (just ain't worth as much as weapon parts) and Cursed Soul parts... I had to pay a couple hundred K on top of my trade for those.

The bitch was finding people willing to trade. I had to go home on my lunch hour and catch the europeans.

BombShell
23-10-03, 17:11
Originally posted by Xin
I must play on a different Saturn. I did the TT epic and traded the TT rifle for my 2 slot speedgun, then I bought another one (3 slot) for 600k and traded it for a 4 slot judge. I've seen 5 slot SG's go for 2 Mil. Considering you only need 1 slot on a speedgun anyway, why would anyone pay 6 Mil for a 4 slot? I think you're exaggerating quite a bit.

[B]
Strange, I just trade 1 part for 1 part. If I need a Silent Hunter part, there's about a dozen other kinds of parts I don't need that I could trade for it... Heavy Weapon, Psi spell, Rigger, etc. I traded all kinds of rifle and pistol parts to get my moonstriker parts. The only parts I didn't trade 1-for-1 are ultima parts (just ain't worth as much as weapon parts) and Cursed Soul parts... I had to pay a couple hundred K on top of my trade for those.

The bitch was finding people willing to trade. I had to go home on my lunch hour and catch the europeans.
well theirs a suxer born ever min :)

Rieper
23-10-03, 17:52
still... its much much more difficult for a noob on saturn than either of the other two international servers.

Original monk
23-10-03, 18:17
Originally posted by Xin

[B]

yo sin, i think we play the same server: you probably have heard original spy yelling for techparts before (or muted em fo spam) :P and yeah i exagurate a bit ffcourse, i think that was obvious but ya know what i mean, not ? dont say its easy on saturn, especially if ya yust start out there: you probably had like 4200 parts from the doubledropweekends and have no problem with trading parts cause ya have enough of em, but when ya yust start out ya cannot afford to pay 1 mill a part for a SH or HL or whatever ya need, IF someone wonna sell it that is, mostly people are to lazy to go check all there parts (like i am). And if you want specials like kami or MC5 then ya gonna know what you pay: that part i didnt exagurate, and yeah sumthimes ya get a part from a friend or sumthing or youre clan or whatever, but when ya really need the part or chip and ya wonna buy it of tradechannel then ya gonna pay mate :P pay haaaard :P

Stigmata
23-10-03, 18:38
the economy on saturn is with out doubt bloated, nut anyone who trades like you said original is a fool.

"all the hunting spots are taken"

gaya mines
the zone south or gaya
i10
i11
i12
j03
j04
every zone around cajun/eastgate
are all always empty

if your too dumb to hunt somewhere other than cycrow then its your own fault

the tech part drop rate is pretty good atm, since the patch warbots drop nearly a tech each one you kill.

mc5 well thats obviuos, arc sold his on pluto for 15 mill so why wouldn't it cost 20-30 mill when nearly everyone has 4 chars.

Andy

p.s reaper i think you have joined Nd ?

we have 2 tech part pools, one for each of the time zones....American and European....if you are still in ND join the tech part pool, you give all your parts then you ask for what you want and attend hunting trips and you get everything you want.

Devils Grace
23-10-03, 19:43
the prices are not exagerated, but most ppl (and so do i ) think that money is shitless.

usually a psi core doesnt go more then 2 hmm ok 3 mil, the prob is the ppl u got money will offer more to have it kuz they dont mind, so what u have seen was a psi core with lots of bids...

if i wanted a psi core and i had money i dont give a shit if it is 2 or 5 mil, if i got the money i will pay for it, its not u are saving for hearth operation or to buy a summer house.

and plus if u just started a apu and u think its dificult to lvl, what u want a psi core for.

if u go or can to mb or j04 or somewhere around that areas and hunt wb, u will lvl quite fast and u can do 200 k easy in a few hours, not counting the parts u get that u can trade or sell..... so if u sell lets say 5 or 6 parts u can make 1 mil or more in a day easy
so one week playing it will give u enough time to lvl ur monk to the psi u need to use a psi core and u will have money to buy one no matter the price is

i got 2 apus and i got 3 cores....

Rieper
23-10-03, 20:04
thanks for the advice, but i know how to level...If i really wanted to power level i could be good to go in about a week apart from the parts and equipment.
The things im talking about are people STARTING auctions with a reserve of 5 mil on a psi core.. lvl 3 imps going for over 150k...
The actual levelling is not a problem, its getting the rares that people NEED to compete in PvP. The rare pool is full of shit, people expect insane trades and mad money.

I'm really talking about JUST the economy on saturn. People dont have more money than on other servers... but they seem to part with it mroe willingly...

Rith
23-10-03, 20:06
Reality check for those rednecks from lesser populated servers.

Welcome to Saturn - don't let those bright lights scare you, yes there is a thriving economy and population here...

Oh gosh you might find there's already someone in your favourite camping spot... please don't wet yourself too much as you rush back to whatever decript server you normally reside on

Wow people pay how much for a psi-core... nah, think about it - if you sound like an out of town yokel, you'll find most people will take advantage... is it our fault if some bumpkin from pluto dishes out 6 mil for a psi-core, feck no! You need to keep your wits about you over here ;)

My god there's spam in them there trade channels! Welcome to a populated server - lots of people want to say things, some particuarly "special" individuals (timmeh!) feel the need to write in capitals and may even post more than once... try not to have an aneurism as you come to terms with this...

Here endeth the Saturn tourist board's orientation message :D

Rizzy
23-10-03, 20:08
Saturn is an item based economy, deal with it :p

mdares
23-10-03, 21:01
lolz well said rith :D

yeah dunt believe in the fecks who say 5 mil starting bid for core... u can get em for much cheaper (and if u want contact me in game and i can maybe whip somethin up for u)... i traded 5 normal parts for 5 psi core parts when i first started... i bought a few more cores for friends for 1.2 mil each... and they still go for that price... tho once again there will be idiots trying to up the price really high...

like riz said saturn is more of an item based economy... so just collect any rare weapon u can get built (even shitty melee rares as mc tanks are the new rave) then trade those for other items...

Welcome to Saturn; we hope you enjoy your stay.

KidWithStick
23-10-03, 21:24
Originally posted by Rith
Reality check for those rednecks from lesser populated servers.

Welcome to Saturn - don't let those bright lights scare you, yes there is a thriving economy and population here...

Oh gosh you might find there's already someone in your favourite camping spot... please don't wet yourself too much as you rush back to whatever decript server you normally reside on

Wow people pay how much for a psi-core... nah, think about it - if you sound like an out of town yokel, you'll find most people will take advantage... is it our fault if some bumpkin from pluto dishes out 6 mil for a psi-core, feck no! You need to keep your wits about you over here ;)

My god there's spam in them there trade channels! Welcome to a populated server - lots of people want to say things, some particuarly "special" individuals (timmeh!) feel the need to write in capitals and may even post more than once... try not to have an aneurism as you come to terms with this...

Here endeth the Saturn tourist board's orientation message :D

i played saturn, got 4 chars on there...might remember one of them, master shake, and pluto is by far better than saturn. so get off your high horse, just because the population is better dont mean nothing.

Kazper
23-10-03, 21:26
no it does mean something

it means the populations higher

mdares
23-10-03, 21:28
higher population -> more interaction -> more chances of stuff happening -> more stuff to do -> more "fun"

*ph33r*
23-10-03, 21:28
WE ARE UBER LEET WE ARE HAVE 4 SLOT UBER CHAR SERVER LOL FU PLUTO PHAGS LOLOL!111111111

ITUM BEASED ECONEMEMY!!!!!!!!!!111 NUB LOL WTF!!!111

Rith
23-10-03, 22:25
Originally posted by KidWithStick

i played saturn, got 4 chars on there...might remember one of them, master shake, and pluto is by far better than saturn. so get off your high horse, just because the population is better dont mean nothing.

LMAO

That’s the beauty of cynicism and sarcasm...

Now work with me on this, I'll try to take it nice and slow for you, the post was deliberately OTT - it was a cynical reflection on the whining and posturing from various visitors to Saturn.

Now if you’re having trouble with all those strange words please visit www.dictionary.com - hey you might even learn something!

PS

As someone so eloquently pointed out - clearly having a high population does mean something