PDA

View Full Version : Faction System and Soullight

Xaru
23-10-03, 13:47
Arent you sick of beeing killed by copbots, when you have just killed anti-city faction members that were neutral to you? You did the city a favour, didnt you? Well, i can understand your anger. Thats why i think the system needs to be changed.

We got the faction system, which in my oppinion is great. Lets use it. Make the guards aware of your faction sympathy. So if you are a Fallen Angel and have a high faction sympathy towards TT, then the guards dont shoot you. Thats more realistic i think. You dont just kill innocent people, just because they have a different oppinion. If they have a low facsymp, the guards warn you, then shoot you. and if you have negative then there wont even be a warning.

That way, if you are a member of a faction and kill your own people, your own guards will shoot you. Makes sense, because its realistic.

Let the guards react on the faction sympathy at most, on allies sympathies aswell, but at a lower level. So you get rid of your allies enemies aswell. Thats what good allies should do.

Which brings me to the point of having allies that are enemies to each other. I think that pretty stupid. If you share the same interest you should at least be neutral.

But anyway, i think that these changes do makes sense. The color of the aiming box should be aswell referred to these faction sympathy values. That way you see who is your real enemy and who you just kill for fun.

CopBots should react on all city faction sympathies. DOY on all non-city ones.

this way you would really choose a path for a faction. it would make faction hopping more difficult, but thats not a bad thing i think. and you could be a diplomatic type and go anywhere without having the guards shoot you, if you have a high sympathy. (Not that this protects you from runners :D )

I think this couldnt be very hard to implement, so pease tell me what you think about this.

Xaru