PDA

View Full Version : Event on Pluto Last Night

Candaman
23-10-03, 12:53
Last night i participated in a event on Pluto where we were sent to protect and look after the BD Faction Counsellor as she went to the main sewers to recycle the radiation into Rare Drugs.

After lots of searching around through the main sewers after what seemed like a endless journey we stumbled upon a Section of Main sewers Sect 1 covered by BD guards so the faction counsellor started her production of the tigers blood drug.

After a while we heard reports of a Group of Tsunami runners coming to try and stop the production. So we were all called to arms. The group got split up with half of us going to attack the Tsunami runner and the other half staying with the faction counsellor as protection.

After a lot of good fighting through nasty conditions and lots of water we just managed to keep the Faction counsellor alive she finished her production of the drugs.

It was a cool event and i'd jsut like to say thnx to kirja for the work she put into the story line and all the setup it was a lot of fun can't wait for the next one!!

Opiate
23-10-03, 13:11
I'm sorry that I wasn't there when those TS showed up :(

My internet connection died while we were there protecting our FC :mad:

KramerTheWeird
23-10-03, 13:49
There was no fighting involved on the TS side. We all got shot in the water as you guys sat there waiting for us. We didn't stand a chance as they knew we were coming and we had to swim without buffs while they were lined up along the sewer walls. Maybe next time the faction counselors will think of a place more suitable, and let the other side actually get a chance to fight.

Candaman
23-10-03, 14:45
Dude u did have a chance because the Gm over watching only let three of us zone to meet u and u had loads more than three there

KramerTheWeird
23-10-03, 17:01
uhm didn't fucking matter if we killed that group of 3 or not, the latter group would have killed us since we would be completely defenseless entering, and also, we couldn't anyway, we didn't have an apu. We killed off your three man group except yourself, so we just ran on and ignored you since we didn't have an apu, since kk made it absolutely impossible to kill ppu's without an apu. I can't believe you even argued that point.

Heavyporker
23-10-03, 17:11
Man... tiger's blood?! Shit, are they gonna be sold by BD now? I always wanted to add some to my collection.

Looks like I might have to "forgive" Kirja... :D
*you can now get your laserblade and hacktool back :D )

Tycho C
23-10-03, 17:33
Event = Shite

I hate PPUs even more now, thx.

As for the even, it was a sloughter. We weren't told it would be runners we would be fighting.

Candaman
23-10-03, 17:58
neither were we and if u'd have picked ur team more carefully u would have included a ppu. And @ kramer actually u only killed one of the three man team because tupac didn't die.

SovKhan
23-10-03, 18:33
Originally posted by Tycho C
Event = Shite

I hate PPUs even more now, thx.

As for the even, it was a sloughter. We weren't told it would be runners we would be fighting.

i assume you had ppu's at non live run events, what would make a liverun differnt. I think that your stupid planning got you sloughtered. and if you wernt smart enough to bring ppu's to a live run you all should have died. no offense but you can hate ppu's as much as you want to doesnt change the fact that stupid planning gets stupid people killed.

Duder
23-10-03, 20:13
I Hope BD "Players" will be the ones dealing and not some npcs...

BlackPrince
23-10-03, 20:17
I don't suppose any of the TS runners said "Hey yall, watch this!" before they plunged head long into the water, did they?

Syntax-Error
23-10-03, 20:36
Actually the event and storyline was mine.
thought i do take my hat of to kirja who helped all the way though and executed it (without me knowing :eek: )

Just like to say this is just the first of quite a few i have planned.

Arbiter
23-10-03, 20:59
Yep, there were some little problems, some of them have to do with the team selection, others with the location (the water, and that the sewers are not known well enough so people often get lost in it).
We will do some minimal changes for the other servers.

And thanks to Syntax for the idea.

It was not an offical liverun, before you get it wrong.

Krysm
23-10-03, 21:27
Yeah, thanks Syntax for the wonderful event idea.

I apologize to everyone who did not have a good time; It was not meant to be like that.

And as Arbiter said, there will be some changes to the other servers, to prevent some of the problems that we've seen here.

FuzzyDuck
23-10-03, 22:09
dammit, this event would have worked perfectly on Uranus. The largest clans are in Crahn, Black Dragon and Tsunami. Could've had a hullova fight.

Shadow Dancer
23-10-03, 23:14
Wait, BD will sell rare drugs now?

:eek:

Zu (Pluto)
24-10-03, 00:27
Supposedly BD sell the drugs, but weirdly enough due to people availability or whatnot, I think the drugs are most in the hands of Crahn.

I was there last night, and I am really, really sorry about what happened to the TS. No, I am not saying I was responsible but it was a horrible fight. I was having fun up to that point but the way the final fight have upset so many people leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. The point of these events was to have fun, even if you lose, and the inability of one side to do anything (let alone fight) sucks.

In hindsight, we should have come out to meet you in the main sewer tunnels. It would had been a much better place. Or we should have pulled further back. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. It doesn't make what happened better but hopefully we can avoid it in the future. Other than that, it might be worth us posting what we did like about the event (as well as more objective critism of what went pear-shaped) so to give these nice FCs/GMs more feedback.

If it made any difference I (and probably the others) had no idea that we would be hit by actual runners. It was a nice surprise on one hand that Events are trying to involve runners on both sides, but it also completely killed my TS sympathy. I had roach-missioned it up to nearly 40 and was thinking if I should change faction, but now that's completely shot to hell. :( Guess I'm now committed.

But thanks to all the voluntery staff for running this event.

Zu

petek480
24-10-03, 00:36
I find it funny that the BD fc didn't even let the only active bd clan on pluto know about the event or at least the people that were on at the time of the event:rolleyes:

*ph33r*
24-10-03, 00:39
Originally posted by petek480
I find it funny that the BD fc didn't even let the only active bd clan on pluto know about the event or at least the people that were on at the time of the event:rolleyes:

Maybe cause Gonk tried to gank her the other day at Jeriko? :D

petek480
24-10-03, 00:41
Originally posted by *ph33r*
Maybe cause Gonk tried to gank her the other day at Jeriko? :D
Either way, if shes gonna be doing events for crahn sect she just might as well go and be there fc.

*ph33r*
24-10-03, 00:43
Did she even like announce there was a faction event taking place over the actual faction channel? If not then well... surely you want to get most of the faction involved? Instead of a select few...

petek480
24-10-03, 00:44
Did she even like announce there was a faction event taking place over the actual faction channel? If not then well... surely you want to get most of the faction involved? Instead of a select few...
I didn't see it if she did and no one else in clan did.

Tupac
24-10-03, 01:13
OMG that was the funniest fight of my life last night!!!! having everyone swimming around and shit. I found it really funny how Alex Starr can swim faster than some olympic gold medalists at swimming and narrowling escaping my gank attempt at him :D and Amoth swimming into a dead end unbuffed :p Kramer i would also like to say that both sides were quite ill informed about what was going on. We thought or i thought anyways it was gonna be GM's dressed up as some badass wannabe Tsnuami's trying to gank Kirja, but when Kirja was on her like 18 drug Tycho C appeared on the local... I was like WTF?!?!?!? so me and cannings chased him and we seen u guyz again I was like wtf pimpzors are coming??!?! again more than anything the fight was the most humourious i have ever had in Neocron :D

Marx
24-10-03, 01:14

I think the idea of these types of events is to get players involved in what will be the official history.

:D

*ph33r*
24-10-03, 01:20
Originally posted by Marx
I think the idea of these types of events is to get players involved in what will be the official history.

:D

Well surely everyone should be given the oppourtunity to be part of it? I mean, were the BD runners involved randomly picked and notified of the event, or did they apply to the GMs to have a part?

INFO PLEASE TYVM!

Syntax-Error
24-10-03, 01:43
I designed this event. and i wrote the storyline

Its based LOOSELY on the storyline but it was designed just for some fun. its one of my first. so i may have fucked up and im sorry, iam trying my best.

The event was run without me due to me making my comp go bang and gettign a nice shock. but other than that. im back up and running with a new power unit.

The idea was to get some good fights going down. and have some fun with both sides. please if you have any suggestions please do post here ill look into them and have changes made to other servers and future events i have planned.

Thankyou for you continual support.

wun
24-10-03, 01:48
bah.. goddamn this lack of net connection at home... grrr

not that my half assed non-lvld handful of hours old char woulda done any good... :p

an event is an event

lullysing
24-10-03, 02:14
lol. To think that for once, the fact that i know there sewers like the back of my frikking hand would have helped, and there would have been NO WAY for me to have been able to get in there for all week because of factors that are behond my control.

ARRRGGG...

Opiate
24-10-03, 08:13
Pete, if you want to blame anyone for Crackheads not being involved, blame yourselves. If you guys hadn't attacked our faction counceller earlier this week at Jeriko, we would have contacted you guys as well. This time, we had to rely on outside help to do most of the work.

Pulse, Kirja asked me to rally up a BD group, as she couldn't do it herself (*cough* stupid FC = CA bullshit). Since on the second attempt to get a group together, there were hardly any BDs online, she decided we should call in the help of our Crahn brothers.

The fact that a few crackheads were actually fighting Dark around that time in PP1, made it a little awkward to ask them for help.

KramerTheWeird
24-10-03, 10:40
No cannings, tupac died several times, and was rez killed as well. Don't deny things because you can't keep your team mates alive. For a time we were running around shooting you, but you are a ppu, and we had no apu, because we didn't consider there would be any problems like that, as most events are about mob spawns and such. Even then why should we have to have an apu to pariticipate in every fucking thing, let alone ppu?

Despite both sides being ill informed, the clan who was adjusted to the sewers, got an understanding of the layout, and positioned theirselves to wait for company so they wouldn't be hindered by game mechanics, oh ya, and camped with full buffs running, is the one who has a chance. The other, doesn't have a hope.

Syntax-Error
24-10-03, 16:21
hmm i appologise for the lack of info. this event was run without me knowing as having the right conditions for such an event are hard to meet.

I do not have the powers to run an event myself if i did. i would run them more Regular, but as it is. the EC are busy with stuff that frankly is more imortant overall. so its upto those who can get together to get an event like this off the ground.

Please be kind this was my first event and im bound to fuckup. just tell me what you would want changing. were i went wrong and ill do my best to improve future events.

Sorry to all those who didnt enjoy this event and i hope that you will enjoy the next one.

Regards

Syn

Birkoff
24-10-03, 16:30
Originally posted by KramerTheWeird
No cannings, tupac died several times, and was rez killed as well. Don't deny things because you can't keep your team mates alive. For a time we were running around shooting you, but you are a ppu, and we had no apu, because we didn't consider there would be any problems like that, as most events are about mob spawns and such. Even then why should we have to have an apu to pariticipate in every fucking thing, let alone ppu?

But somethings you just need in battle, same as in real life. If your going to go on a liv run u expect to bring a ppu and apu.

Syntax-Error
24-10-03, 16:40
This wasnt a live run

Zu (Pluto)
24-10-03, 20:37
Guys. I think enough with this whether we had an APU or PPU or who did what and stuff like that. Arguing doesn't help anything and just gets us all bitter. Nobody knew that it would be Runners vs Runners. Everyone just assumed it would be GMs or Mobs or some combination. Everyone's got their opinion so let's just drop it and say we've all learned something from this event.

Maybe it would be nice in future if events can say it it's PvM or PvP, but I think it's probably best to make no assumptions and try to prepare for all possibilities. So teams will get it wrong sometimes and die horribly, but it happens. But I think it is refreshing to know that future events may have other Runners involved and not just limited number of GMs trying to manage mobs.

@Tupuc:
It might had seem funny blowing the TS away, but they're not Mobs. They're other players who just did a 90 minute trek through the sewers only to be butchered with no hope in hell of fighting back. And that's not right. I think the rest of the event was really, really cool (from our end), but I am still feeling bad about that fight. It just wasn't right :(

Zu

SeXeD HeXeD
24-10-03, 23:08
PIMP are doing their best and aspiring talent... whining.

Shadow Dancer
24-10-03, 23:10
Originally posted by SeXeD HeXeD
PIMP are doing their best and aspiring talent... whining.

Like you whined when I debuffed/killed you at MB?

kthx

Syntax-Error
25-10-03, 00:33
Guys and girls this isnt helping me here

Can we quit the sniping at each other for a few mins and actually give me feed back. what would YOU change???

Nixon
25-10-03, 00:40
Originally posted by Tycho C

This put a smile up on my face :P

"SUPRISE SUPRISE!"

Opiate
25-10-03, 00:42
ppl, just be happy that we actually get some official events on Pluto. I wouldn't have blamed Kirja if she just left after her first encounters with some of the people on Pluto (not just meaning Crackheads). Sure, things might not have gone the way some hoped they would, but at least we can learn from our mistakes.

The fact that it was player vs player this time, instead of player vs mobs, should please you. At least it means that you actually have a chance of (partly) determining the outcome of a battle.

Syntax-Error
25-10-03, 00:46
True

The event was planned to allow the players to decide the outcome.. the restriction on that were not planned by me and ill work on changing them.... again please suggest some things and Ill look into them.

Shadow Dancer
25-10-03, 01:14
Originally posted by Syntax-Error
True

The event was planned to allow the players to decide the outcome.. the restriction on that were not planned by me and ill work on changing them.... again please suggest some things and Ill look into them.

I have no idea what to suggest, except limit try and ensure each side has an equal number of ppus/apus?

Syntax-Error
25-10-03, 01:16
Well thats hard. we usualy select a player and allow them to assemble a team.. i suppose we can say

"assable a team, but no more than 2 PPU and 2 APUs should be taken. or they would detenct the PSI power and know you were coming"

WHat about that ?

Shadow Dancer
25-10-03, 01:19
Originally posted by Syntax-Error
Well thats hard. we usualy select a player and allow them to assemble a team.. i suppose we can say

"assable a team, but no more than 2 PPU and 2 APUs should be taken. or they would detenct the PSI power and know you were coming"

WHat about that ?

Sounds awesome. And i love the RP reason too.

Syntax-Error
25-10-03, 01:21
Glad you inderstood what i said :eek:

bad spelling sux :(

Anyhow. glad u like it. ill have Arbiter change it unless someone has something against the idea?

Shadow Dancer
25-10-03, 01:22
Btw i'm black dragon now. I'd love to help you guys out, when I level up to an acceptable level.

Arbiter
25-10-03, 01:37
Changes noted.

Zu (Pluto)
25-10-03, 01:57
The actual fight aside, I think it'll be interesting to hear from both sides what else might be considered bad, and what was particularly good. I personally enjoyed most the roleplaying during most of the event. The knowledge that enemies were coming, but with no idea when. The little patrols (though a few careless sentries did get lost).

@Syntax: I think the biggest consideration in the future is location location location. Keep it away from zone lines and away from deathtraps caused by the limitations of the game engine. Probably better if there's more than one approach, as it means people are less likely to camp (i'm as guilty as the next runner of that). As for fair sides, I can't quite see how we can manage that, any more than equal sides in Op Wars. And it's not very "fair" to say to someone... "sorry, but you can't come because we've got too many of your class". Numbers you can control, maybe, and let people pick their team. But I think providing one side isn't utterly overwhelming, it should be OK. I am anticipating some "game balance changes" regarding APUs/PPUs (again) in the near future anyway. :(

@Opiate: I agree that Runners determining the actions of both sides was cool. I'm hoping the Event teams can fine tune things and do more in the future.

I personally hope for some wide spanning investigation type events, but I guess they are not feasible or time-effective, since the number of Runners it will involve would be relatively small. But perhaps clues and story hooks can be introduced between events. For example, recordable datacubes might be found that hint what is about to happen being passed from Runner to Runner for money, etc. Secret BPs being hacked and stolen. Prior to the monk PAs being introduced, for example, it would had been quite cool if a few Recordable datacubes marked "rough schematics of Monk PA" with maybe some vague stats got passed around in-game. I can see people paying credits just to see what's about to come out. These are not events as such, but are little roleplaying bits which I think would be quite cool between events and would only take a GM/FC a few minutes to spawn and hand out to a few runners.

Zu

Shadow Dancer
25-10-03, 02:02
Originally posted by Zu (Pluto)
And it's not very "fair" to say to someone... "sorry, but you can't come because we've got too many of your class". Numbers you can control, maybe, and let people pick their team. But I think providing one side isn't utterly overwhelming, it should be OK.

You're right it isn't fair. But teh sad truth is apus/ppus hold much more importance in team battles than any other char. So while a team with 3 pes and one tank still has a great chance vs a team of 3 tanks and 1 PE, a team of 1 ppu and 3 tanks doesn't stand much of a chance against a team of 2 ppus and 2 apus. IMO. Unless the "skill" level is significantly lopsided.

That's just the sad truth. :(

Originally posted by Zu (Pluto)

@Opiate: I agree that Runners determining the actions of both sides was cool. I'm hoping the Event teams can fine tune things and do more in the future.

I personally hope for some wide spanning investigation type events, but I guess they are not feasible or time-effective, since the number of Runners it will involve would be relatively small. But perhaps clues and story hooks can be introduced between events. For example, recordable datacubes might be found that hint what is about to happen being passed from Runner to Runner for money, etc. Secret BPs being hacked and stolen. Prior to the monk PAs being introduced, for example, it would had been quite cool if a few Recordable datacubes marked "rough schematics of Monk PA" with maybe some vague stats got passed around in-game. I can see people paying credits just to see what's about to come out. These are not events as such, but are little roleplaying bits which I think would be quite cool between events and would only take a GM/FC a few minutes to spawn and hand out to a few runners.

Zu

i'd like to see more of these types of events and even participate them. They sound very fun!

Syntax-Error
25-10-03, 02:13
I planned one of those and apparently currently we just dont have the time/resources to handle it. :/

Maybe when things quiet down a little.