PDA

View Full Version : ranks bugged?

Shujin
23-10-03, 03:15
my newb droners rank is 49/26.... wtf.... and i seen some other dude that was 68/32..... im a spy droner, and he was a spy implanter / reppair >.<

sry solo, thought u said rifle, now i remember u said repair >.<

superfresh
23-10-03, 03:26
Aw man. I was waiting to poke you again. So this is where you went. ;)

Yes we are bugged. I promise you. :cool:

...I cant use rifles. I have a sprinkling of melee in case I feel like banging on some critters.

CryptoChronic
23-10-03, 03:28
its not a bug, its a feature

Lexxuk
23-10-03, 03:30
Originally posted by CryptoChronic
its not a bug, its a feature

hehehe, we were doing that on OOC to some new player not long ago... totally taking the piss..

"I just crashed, wtf?"
"its not a bug, its a feature"

"I'm a monk, and I read the manual :D"
"kewl, you remember reading about Exotic PSI?"
"umm, ya"
"it dont exist!"
"eh?"
"its a feature"

Went on like that for about 1/2 an hour, i was bored :p

Shujin
23-10-03, 03:35
Originally posted by superfresh
Aw man. I was waiting to poke you again. So this is where you went. ;)

Yes we are bugged. I promise you. :cool:

...I cant use rifles. I have a sprinkling of melee in case I feel like banging on some critters. heh sry went to ask on forum ;D >.< feel bad not for tippin >.< ill tip u some time soon tho ;] u poke me alot

superfresh
23-10-03, 03:46
Originally posted by Shujin
heh sry went to ask on forum ;D >.< feel bad not for tippin >.< ill tip u some time soon tho ;] u poke me alot

Tips are optional, as always.

Omnituens
23-10-03, 11:09
i got a screenie here of a droner, rank 59/12 ** :eek:

i'll get it uploaded

retr0n
23-10-03, 11:42
From what i understand there is an exploit to the rank system. A couple of days ago in bunker j_01 i saw a spy who was 36/2. After talking to him for a few minutes he told me that it was an exploit and that he was just sitting there leeching on team for the exp.

\\Fényx//
23-10-03, 11:52
my PPU's rank 79/52 :D

MjukisDjur
23-10-03, 11:55
Is that not a good thing for you? Does not higher combat rank give you more exp per kill or is that the regular rank the takes care of that? If loot is crappy, who cares? You dont care as a droner anyway...

GurTjaN
23-10-03, 11:57
ppu's get cuz of high ppw and high quality of spells and slots but mm im using this

Fire Apoc ( 2 slots)

Freq 120
Damage 120
handling 114
Range 117

and 1 free slot

lol now my skillz

Apu 185
PPw 85
200 psu

guess what my rank is ? ? already ? here comes >>> 59/59

weird huh psi is even capped :S:S

for droners err umm yeah weirder

ericdraven
23-10-03, 12:05
I think droners can get the highest rank.

A droner with PN and DEX86 gets a rank of 84/***... so i guess a capped droner with Riggers Dream and Riggers Interface and Punisher can come close to 100? o_O :)

SorkZmok
23-10-03, 12:51
My rifle spy is rank 85 with a fully capped Disruptor.
His rank wont go above 85, not even with fortress and r-c buff 3. He`s got 234 r-c then and still the rank is stuck at 85.

Any rifle spys out there had a higher rank? And if yes, how???

ericdraven
23-10-03, 13:06
Originally posted by SorkZmok
My rifle spy is rank 85 with a fully capped Disruptor.
His rank wont go above 85, not even with fortress and r-c buff 3. He`s got 234 r-c then and still the rank is stuck at 85.

Any rifle spys out there had a higher rank? And if yes, how???
IIRC it's the HEALING LIGHT (:lol: ) which actually gives me the highest rank on my rifle spy.. o_O

Jesterthegreat
23-10-03, 13:09
Originally posted by Lexxuk
hehehe, we were doing that on OOC to some new player not long ago... totally taking the piss..

"I just crashed, wtf?"
"its not a bug, its a feature"

"I'm a monk, and I read the manual :D"
"kewl, you remember reading about Exotic PSI?"
"umm, ya"
"it dont exist!"
"eh?"
"its a feature"

Went on like that for about 1/2 an hour, i was bored :p

haha i think ill do that whenever anyone mentions a bug now ^.^

jernau
23-10-03, 13:32
Originally posted by ericdraven
I think droners can get the highest rank.

A droner with PN and DEX86 gets a rank of 84/***... so i guess a capped droner with Riggers Dream and Riggers Interface and Punisher can come close to 100? o_O :)

I'm capped and almost totally pure with Dream & Interface I get ~ 76/76 unboosted. Boost 3 takes combat to ~86.

ericdraven
23-10-03, 13:37
Originally posted by jernau
I'm capped and almost totally pure with Dream & Interface I get ~ 76/76 unboosted. Boost 3 takes combat to ~86.
It was the ORIGINAL PN which gave that rank, not the BPed one.. DEX86, Riggers Dream, Rigger Interface, Drone Eye and 2 other Riggers chips, without buff.

/EDIT: jernau, does the Punisher give a higher rank than the PN?

SorkZmok
23-10-03, 13:44
IIRC it's the HEALING LIGHT (:lol: ) which actually gives me the highest rank on my rifle spy.. o_O

No other gun gives me a higher rank. Its i think 70 with my PE, 79 with my Healing Light and SH and 82 with Fl. Disruptor boosts it to 85 then.

Maybe i should get me a better HL then...:D Mines got no artifact stat.

ericdraven
23-10-03, 13:51
Originally posted by SorkZmok
No other gun gives me a higher rank. Its i think 70 with my PE, 79 with my Healing Light and SH and 82 with Fl. Disruptor boosts it to 85 then.

Maybe i should get me a better HL then...:D Mines got no artifact stat.
Hmmm.... i forgot that my HL is artifact but the Disruptor is not.. but the FL is artifact as well (5 slots :p ) and still gives me a lower rank than the HL.. o_O

jernau
23-10-03, 20:30
It was the ORIGINAL PN which gave that rank, not the BPed one.. DEX86, Riggers Dream, Rigger Interface, Drone Eye and 2 other Riggers chips, without buff.

/EDIT: jernau, does the Punisher give a higher rank than the PN?

That reminds me, I need to build my Originals. The parts are there I just haven't seen a reason to do it yet. Uber rank is a good enough reason.

To answer the question : It seems to make no difference to me at all with constructed versions. My ranks seem to always have a certain amount of randomness to them - the exact same setup can give me anything from 73/73 to 77/77 so I just ignore it most of the time. I've tried equipping them both ways several times round though and it never makes any difference.

/edit - OK, today I logged on to 75/75. Equipping my new Perfect Punisher takes that to 90/75. Boost 3 made no difference when cast but after zone-lining a few times to reset rank and then re-equipping it went to 91/74. o_O

NC ranks are more than bugged - they are insane.

/edit2 - New sig :D