PDA

View Full Version : Should copbots be reduced from 120/120***

Tratos
23-10-03, 01:05
When the almighty "Is this what neocron needs?" thread was about, there was an idea in it which i thought was great, basicly should copbots be reduced from 120/120***, to somthing like 80/80 (faction gaurd-ish) and IF when DOY comes out neocron zones are made anarchy, (which would be cool for raids on each city etc) should if a copbot comes under fire and is taken down to 50% health it should spawn STORM bots, at the nearest zone line to come to its aid...

...just imagine you try taking out a copbot, and from behind you, you hear the burst of plaza and see 2 STORMIES comin to kick your ass.

but anyway should this be done? (i know it wont :p but i thought id ask)

NOTE: This is my first poll, be gentle :D

~T

EDIT : Yes i know i spelt somthing wrong in my poll options

Ascension
23-10-03, 01:10
Lol. i said no for a joke..

anyways.. It would be stupid to a point..

people would trade in clan apts.. because they become copbot zones for some reason..

e.g MB-TH-TG apts are copbot watched:confused:

StrongSad
23-10-03, 01:13
sounds fun. But no more safe zones? That will be very annoying. I couldnt imagine trying to trade or get my new imps in if people are pk'ing at will in Plaza 1.......

As for the copbots being reduced in power.....they would only do that if you could then loot copbots....and changing their power would make 0 sense story wise.

IMO, this should have done when the game was 1st released...its too late now.

Tratos
23-10-03, 01:19
well i was only asking if it would be a nice idea, not if it would fit in, lol

but if this had been done when the extra copbots were placed the story to go with there drop in powa could be that they have been rush produced so were of less quality or somthing meh, lol and with this new increase of cpobots in the plaza/via area it would be hard for somone to PK there as it would practicaly be pwnage from every angle, ppl could PK but it would be bloody hard to, lol

~T

QuantumDelta
23-10-03, 01:35
Yes, but not ALL the way down to 80/80.
Maybe 95/95 like Y Replicant Troopers...

zAo
23-10-03, 04:16
they are supposed to enforce the law not get beat up like sissy y reps........ i hate ca and the copbots but think of it in the way that you shouldnt be able to kill them because theyre cops.

besides some higher lvl guys might take it as a challange to try to take em out ;)

Birkoff
23-10-03, 04:24
Originally posted by Ascention
Lol. i said no for a joke..

anyways.. It would be stupid to a point..

people would trade in clan apts.. because they become copbot zones for some reason..

e.g MB-TH-TG apts are copbot watched:confused:

WTF would those places have COPS

YES DO IT NOW, neptune.. mmm, i heard about Storm bots comming in BEta... shame i never player it. Sounded so much fun :)

Anna
23-10-03, 08:21
Originally posted by StrongSad
sounds fun. But no more safe zones? That will be very annoying. I couldnt imagine trying to trade or get my new imps in if people are pk'ing at will in Plaza 1.......

shouldnt be too much of a prob with the current amount of bots :)

im up for it, increases roleplay imo

Judge
23-10-03, 09:37
Not all the way to 80/80 I would say 100/100.

Removing the safe zones would be cool..... but I think that we should just wait for Neptune for that, as I can see that it could cause alot of disruption.

Pi-Oh-Pah
23-10-03, 09:49
Reduce em to 90/90 or 100/100

They are 'supposed' to be weaker than Stormies 120/120

Kasumi
23-10-03, 09:53
Elite Storm bots Should be 127/127
Storm Bots Should be 120/120
Copbots should be 110 110

Xaru
23-10-03, 13:28
The copbots are fine. You need heavy security, when the safe zones will fall. So will DOY have heaps of deadly security guards inside their city. This way raids are made possible, but you need a large party to be a bit effective. That will actually be fun i think :)

Xaru

Heavyporker
23-10-03, 17:54
No, No - I support copbots being inferior to stormbots - thats the point, after all, PLUS there's shitloads of coppies in the more populated areas of Neocron City.

Make copbots 95/95, thats truly reasonable.

And yeah, Elite Stormbot should be 127/127, Stormbots 120/120, and copbots 95/95. Thats a nice progression, plus CA already has 80/80 guards to take care of their HQ.

Marx
23-10-03, 19:08
COPbots 80/80
STORMbots 95/95
ELITE STORMbots 110/110

I say this way because the COPbots aren't bred for battle, but for taking care of minor skirmishes.

STORMbots are riot control and special tactical units, made to fight, but not in a fullscale conflict sense.

ELITE STORMbots are made soley for prolonged conflict against the Dome Of York forces.

=D

Ultima
23-10-03, 20:23
I think Viarosso should be the only true safe zone in Neocron, Whats the point in owning them nice lvl 2 and 3 apartments there if the bustling trade center is 5 zones away or a boring trip on the subway!

Plaza should then be anarky but have plenty of copbots at key locations maybe less rank than they are at the moment tho.

And then Pepper Park should stay the same but with maybe less copbots than there are, after all it depends whether BD and Crahn stay there or get booted out of the city but if they do they wont want to have copbots lookingover them!

Of course non of this should be changed until the day DoY comes out, and then TG can go leave the streets of Neocron/bar PP maybe if they get in.... Oh yea one last thing ... When DoY comes out I hope all TG loose their NC rep tags and cant retag them!

Benjie
23-10-03, 20:27
I like the idea but I never want you to post again, where is my option. :confused: