PDA

View Full Version : Higher up mobs?

ichinin
23-10-03, 00:42
Hi.

Now when i'm able to dispose of both *** mobs like Warbot Titans and decayed... whatever, i'm wondering what is next? Have any sole hunter (as in weapons, not spells) brought down a Giant Hoverbomber or a DoY bot or something like that?

Havent found a single rare yet...

Thx,
Ichinin

Lexxuk
23-10-03, 01:10
I solo DoY bots constantly (150k dex exp per mob), but they only drop that crap that Tangent wants to buy.

Hoverbots are easy to solo if you can find overhead cover, and are in the same loot pool as Warbots, just need a little higher hack.

Decayed brutes n horrors (95 & 110 I think) are nice, dont need no hack, sometimes drop tech parts, just keep a distance and you can take them down easily.

Grim's are also easy, if you can range them, and sometimes drop tech parts, doomies are ok, low rank, crap loot mostly though.

greendonkeyuk
23-10-03, 01:10
Soloed hoverbombers? yes tonnes of times. h_08 is good for that.
Lookin for a challenge? try Mc5 guards. :D

Vid Gamer
23-10-03, 01:11
Try killing some Grim Chasers or tackle any kind of high level caves.

StrongSad
23-10-03, 01:17
Yes swamp caves are extremely hard to do alone. They are probably impossible come to think of it. Same goes for chaos caves....I have never heard of anyone being able to kill the queen alone.

I may be wrong though. o_O

ezza
23-10-03, 01:20
Originally posted by StrongSad
Yes swamp caves are extremely hard to do alone. They are probably impossible come to think of it. Same goes for chaos caves....I have never heard of anyone being able to kill the queen alone.

my melee tank does the swamp caves solo

if you want fun take on the doom harbingers

ichinin
23-10-03, 01:21
Originally posted by Lexxuk

Buddy!!!! :)

benz
23-10-03, 01:43
goto gayamine, and try to solo a malfunctioning warbot, ... i dare you

Amano
23-10-03, 11:10
Where are doom harbringers located btw ?

ericdraven
23-10-03, 11:12
Originally posted by Amano
Where are doom harbringers located btw ?
Point Red - Storage.

JustIn_Case
23-10-03, 11:16
Originally posted by benz
goto gayamine, and try to solo a malfunctioning warbot, ... i dare you

Hope you ment the Stormbot...

Hardest mob...Hardbringer or Gaia Stormbot (unless you "exploit")

Tickles
23-10-03, 12:33
Gaya Stormbot is easy for any APU - Go 3rd person and use boxes
Oh and plz dont say this is an exploit cause all monks do it everywhere on all mobs like Grims and WBs and other players.
U could of course nerf the apus........ nah :p

WithSlitWrists
23-10-03, 12:40
hardbringers? did they make them stronger or something because i remember soloing them all the time like 6 months back.

RuButt
23-10-03, 12:41
they are alot stronger!!

but u can still dodge their rockets as a pistol pe ;)

ezza
23-10-03, 12:54
Originally posted by RuButt
they are alot stronger!!

but u can still dodge their rockets as a pistol pe ;)

my uber melee tank pwns them for fun.

though you get a direct hit from those guys and they hurt.

the lesser Ceres mobs are not to bad though

JustIn_Case
23-10-03, 13:17
i know this is of topic...but are you LoMing AGAIN Ezza? OMG, thats is like the 10th time now...

ezza
23-10-03, 13:18
bahh leave me alone, i like lomming:p

its the last time honest:D

Maximilian
23-10-03, 13:37
As a hybrid soloing chaos caves is easy. Just booring and takes time for shitty XP :)

/S

El Barto
23-10-03, 13:40

Swamp caves are the most easy place to solo, how can u not solo it? Although I am a Gen-tank, but I have seen spys solo the whole place.

Progenitor
23-10-03, 15:03

Back in the Good Old Hybrid days, I could solo the caves.

To some extent I still can, just not finish - I can't carry enough boosters and medkits.

Originally posted by ezza
my melee tank does the swamp caves solo

if you want fun take on the doom harbingers

Definately the Doom Harbringers would be one of the harder group of mobs to solo. Plus collecting Ancient Lanucher Connectors can be usefull in helping make Recordable Disks

Originally posted by Tickles
Gaya Stormbot is easy for any APU - Go 3rd person and use boxes
Oh and plz dont say this is an exploit cause all monks do it everywhere on all mobs like Grims and WBs and other players.
U could of course nerf the apus........ nah :p

Don't say all - I never use 3rd person. Never have too.

Originally posted by El Barto
Swamp caves are the most easy place to solo, how can u not solo it? Although I am a Gen-tank, but I have seen spys solo the whole place.

As long as you have good poison resists it isn't so bad - but being a pure apu these days, without that TL3 heal, it is a lot harder than it use to be.

-p

Amano
23-10-03, 15:23
what do recordable disks do ?

ezza
23-10-03, 15:46
they were writable discs which you could store info on or somthing, though i think some of the parts needed to make them are not in game atm

Progenitor
23-10-03, 15:51
Originally posted by ezza
they were writable discs which you could store info on or somthing, though i think some of the parts needed to make them are not in game atm

They are like books you can write in. The are write once read many devices.

Empty Books are the other alternative. Currently you can't build Empty Books due to the requirement of Tronik Parts.

Recordable Disks are buildable though:
Defunct CopBot Ethic Chip
Ancient Launcher Connectors
4x large hydraulic parts
energy generator
hardware based OS

-p

Amano
23-10-03, 16:00
i actually have 2 ethic chips, so what would these books be used for tho ?

liveneocronjournal.com ?

Progenitor
23-10-03, 16:06
I believe they were intended for role-play.

Use your imagination.

-p

Amano
23-10-03, 16:09
heh, imagination ?

clearly these books are going to be wasted on me :P

ezza
23-10-03, 16:15
Originally posted by Amano
heh, imagination ?

clearly these books are going to be wasted on me :P

rofl you and the majority of the community i suspect

Heavyporker
23-10-03, 17:29
Hoverbot loot really sucks, though I havent kill ENOUGH of them to be sure about that, but each time... yeeech. And dont get me started at the hack diff - I got 105 and its still hard to do.

DoYbots are quite nice - sheer cashwise and decent EXP.

I wouldnt know about mc5 guards ( I assume you mean the guards outside MC5 huts, and I dont know what they drop)

Yeah, Doom Harbinger's a bastard to do - the AoE is incredible, I tell you.

Never soloed the swampcaves, not for me, no. Didn't solo the crystal caves either. Oh, and come to it, didnt solo the worm tunnels either.

Phiberdelic
23-10-03, 17:34
Go for Y's great XP and with the upped loot rate Commanders drop 3 rares per mob every 3-7 kills. Or goto wormtunnels, thems some easy mobs and you wont have to worry bout ppl gankin you from behind as noone goes there anymore.

Birkoff
23-10-03, 17:43
Chaos are SOLOable for n e class... There easy as hell for a apu after u get past the first few critters.

Try MC5 secruity bots... The high security ones are quite hard and a big chance for techs,

Heavyporker
23-10-03, 18:01
really, biroff - the decimated looking grayish guards walking around the zone? You say they got good chance of dropping techparts? Interesting.

Birkoff
23-10-03, 18:07
Don't think I've eer killed a high security one and not got a tech, but they have cop bot rifle like weapons and do hurt like hell :)

StrongSad
23-10-03, 21:59
A spy solo the caves?

Hmm. never seen that. But i would like to.

RuriHoshino
23-10-03, 23:03
The swamp cave with a heavy poison belt and lots of poison resist, yes. I know someone who did...Tregard. A real loss...she was a good constructer too.

greendonkeyuk
23-10-03, 23:04
yeah birkoff is correct, those are the ones i meant. Regards to spies soloing the poison caves. Jus ask Szorksmok, hes done it with his spy a few times.

Heavyporker
23-10-03, 23:55
If anyone has ever done the MC5 guards (outside the huts) and looted them, can they please tell us what the loot is?

StrongSad
24-10-03, 00:40
lol.......you would have to have like all con points in poison resist plus the belt to survive.....that would be sort of pointless. IMO