PDA

View Full Version : Brainport - Add shortnames to Delivery Packages

Maarten
23-10-03, 00:18
The players who have tried to get monk PA's 3 and 4 know about this problem.

The package with blueprints you get from the NPC outside the Crahn Abbey is labeled "Normal Delivery Package" and weighs 5 kilos. No matter if you picked PA 1, 2, 3 or 4, it always looks like the same package.

Now comes the bad part. The DOY tech parts required for the third and fourth PA are also labeled "Normal Delivery Package" and also weighs 5 kilos. There is no way to tell the difference between the tech parts or the blueprints.

And since you can't control the position of items in your cabinets or gogo, people will lose track of which package is which.

Simple solution: Give the packages "short names" like you did with the Machina Gloves. Just add PA1, PA2, PA3, PA4 in the corner for the blueprints and rename the needed "Normal Delivery Package" for the PA3 and 4 to "DOY Tech Parts" or add YTP as a short name.

And while you're at it, give drones these shortnames too. Since there are only 5 different graphics for drones and more then 10 types. It would be nice to have RG, MR, PB, PN, RK, PLC, KK, etc. in the corner so we can see what we (drones) have in our inventory. I have already done this myself with ItemGFX, but that problem doesn't support shortnames being put into an installer file yet. :)

Easy fix, done in a minute, and would help a lot. So why not?

greendonkeyuk
23-10-03, 00:30
My only other suggestion would be some sort of colour coding, as thats already been done with blueprints, weapon parts etc.

Apart from that, thumbs up mate. Darn good idea.

Maarten
24-10-03, 21:32
Looks like this thread has been buried alive... Mind if I dig it up?

ericdraven
24-10-03, 21:45
Actually i would like to see shortnames EVERYWHERE.

For example - it's a pain in the ass if you are looking for a certain brain-implant and open a cabinet full of different chips. Yes, they have different colors/shapes, but there are still different chips with the SAME color and shape AND there are level 1, 2 and 3 from the same chip as well...

Cruzbroker
24-10-03, 21:58
OH YES, and AMMO type! ray, exp, fir, adv...
MODS frq, hnd, dmg, rng ...

Progenitor
24-10-03, 23:30
F'n Awsome Idea!

So simple it's genius!

-p