PDA

View Full Version : Alternative Parashock Sollutions Thread + other ppu sollutions.

Benjie
22-10-03, 23:55
Anybody feel free to post any crazy or just alternative sollutions to Parashock and/or Generall PPU complaints.

Parashock Idea #1. Reduce the range of the powershock spell to point blank so tactics can be used.

Parashock Idea #2. Casting Parashock has 'side effects" ie it also casts Holy Heal on the person aswell. (thus complimenting the passive nature of the PPU)

Parashock Idea #3. Make Parasock take a great deal longer to cast.

Parashock Idea #4. Give Parashock very strong but temporary effects and extremely bad rof.

Ressurection Idea #1. Ressurection fails if the PPU receives damage, even if it is entirely blocked the buffs.

Ressurection Idea #2. The Mental Steadyness requirement of the Ressurect spells gets a dramatic increase so to use ressurection a PPU would need to sacrifice a lot of PPU.

Ressurection Idea #3. Bring Back Exotic Psi Use

Ressurection Idea #4. Make it so after having ressurect casted on a person, the person will then have to naturally heal to full health before they come back to life.

Thats all I got. Any other ideas? What do you think of my ideas? Which ones are the best? Lets nerf PPU's...... TOGETHER
(yes I have had a change of heart)

Duder
22-10-03, 23:56
I kinda liked my own ideas, like these (http://neocron2.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79361).

ghandisfury
23-10-03, 00:08
Originally posted by Duder
I kinda liked my own ideas, like these (http://neocron2.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79361).

ya, but your ideas are a nerf, and still don't solve the problem of NOT NEEDING any other class other than monks at battles. Here is my oppinion from another thread (posted in two others actuallly).

TANKS>>> The big problem with tanks is their defences. A well setup PE with shelter can have better defences than a tank if looked at 1vs1. Sure if you bring a PPU into the picture it's balanced, but let's leave a PPU out of the picture for now. IMO the way to fix the imbalnce with defences for tanks is lower the "damage cap number", remove damage cap, and make it a linear equation over 60 points in any con level. Meaning that a tank with 114 points in energy resists could have the same defence with 85 points in energy resist. However any increase in this stat from the 85 point range would still be effective. Meaning that if he put all points from con into energy resist he might take 5 points of damage from holy lightning but take 100 points of damage from a fire apoc. This would increase a tanks defences without significantly increasing any other classes defences.

SPIES>>> The problem with spies is the fact that they have no place or function in a battle. This is brought about mainly by the PPU, but let's leave him out of this for now. IMO a spie should get thermal vision that would aid in tracking down their spie adversaries. The SH should also be doubled in ROF. These are the only imbalance issues for spies. Their range is superior, and the have perfect defences (stealth).

PEs>>> No imbalance issues that I see, asside from the fact that they too have no place in OP wars. I would like to see them get a tool that would remove dead people from battle, thus giving them a function.

APUs>>> The biggest problem with APUs is their range. With the range so high their lack of defences is never brought into question. Max range on any weapon should be 200 meters. The other problem is the fact that the have access to good peircing defence. Solution is to remove heavy deflector belt. Damage and frequency is fine IMO.

PPUs>>> The problem is not the fact that they are hard to kill.....they_should_be_hard to kill. The problem is the fact that they can reduce your setup, remove your run speed, and that there is no counter for resserection. So, remove parashock, make damage boost have to stack as it does on mobs, and give PEs a weapon that removes dead bodies, and you've got their problem dicked as well.

So many people whine about the PPU (as they should), but do it for the wrong reasons. It's not the fact that they are hard to kill, or that they can ress under fire.....it's_those_three_spells that are the defining unbalance issues.

Anyway, take it for what you will...these are all opinions, and I've left PvP until these issues are fixed.

Gungnir
23-10-03, 01:40
--
Please continue this discussion here (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79636)

Thank you.
--
Gungnir