PDA

View Full Version : Not A Nerf Thread

Marzola
22-10-03, 23:35
After readign Lexxuk's idea about instead of nerfing other classes, make other classes stronger instead, I got an idea of how to boost tanks and possibly other classes as well.

Right now a group of tanks weilding speed gats cannon take down a PPU. Instead of nerfing a PPU's defenses, how about giving tank's a rare gatling cannon. Now, one tank still shouldn't be able to take down a PPU. No class (except APU) should be able to take down a decent PPU solo. The damage of this gun should be so that when 2-3 tanks cocentrate their fire on a decent PPU, they should be able to slowly (SLOWLY) take down a PPU (with heals going). There are epic laser pistols/rifles, and there are also rare laser pistols/rifles. So why shouldn't there be a rare gatling cannon as well as the epic gatling cannon?

Now for resists: (this one really only helps tanks)

As it stands right now a PE who knows what he's doing can have equal, if not better defenses, to a tank. Now, isntead of nerfing a PE's resists into oblivion, how about we just increase the resist bonus peopel get for puting more skill points into a resist (I believe as it is right now if you have more than 100 in a resist, the resist % you get goes up more per point) or increasing the health cap and increasing the health bonus you get so tanks can take more hits. I personally prefer the resists than the health, but both are available options.

Now for parashocks: (helps everyone except maybe PPU's :p

Instead of removing parshocks/nerfing them into oblivion, how about we just give antishock drugs duration, instead of having them be instant removal. Have the duration range from say 30 seconds for the low level antishock to 2 minutes for the high level. They will all get the same ammount of drug flash after, which would encourage people to pay 2k for the high level one. This option would also still allow PPU's to parashock unprepared people, but if someone is prepared to fight a PPU, then they wouldn't feel the wraith of monkey glue.

By making this post i've done what the PPU's themselves should have been doing, posting alternatives to nerfing their class into oblivion instead of denying there is a problem and eventually meeting the same fate as their cousin the hybrid monks.

Please, if your going to disagree with anything that I said, please make it constructive criticism instead of flaming, and don't say things such as "no, your idea sucks donkey balls." I am open to comments and sugestions. I am not open to flames/ unconstructive criticism. If this thread does sucumb to being a flame war or a "you suck"/"no you suck" thread I will just ask it to be closed, because that would mean obviously people just don't care.

I don't want to see the PPU class become useless. They are important for leveling and are needed for MC5. The only thing wrong with them is the effect they have on combat.

Anyway, please post sugestions/comments you have (NO FLAMES!)

EDIT: PLEASE DON'T POST "NEFR THIS OR THAT" I WANT THIS THREAD TO BE ABOUT WHAT CAN BE BOOSTED TO SOLVE PROBLEMS, NOT NERFED. NERFING ONLY PISSES PEOPLE OFF. BOOSTING THINGS DOESN'T.

evs
22-10-03, 23:37
pe = balanced
tank = improve aiming for them
ppu = nerf buffs / shields by 25%
apu = give them a heal, reduce max damage, increase min damage
spy = make stealth easier to spot, improve rof on rifles such as SH

Marzola
22-10-03, 23:40
Originally posted by evs
pe = balanced
tank = improve aiming for them
ppu = nerf buffs / shields by 25%
apu = give them a heal, reduce max damage, increase min damage
spy = make stealth easier to spot, improve rof on rifles such as SH

NO, dont' post "nerf this or that". I want this thread to be about what can be boosted to solve problems instead of what can be nerfed *goes to edit that into origional post*

evs
22-10-03, 23:43
NO, dont' post "nerf this or that". I want this thread to be about what can be boosted to solve problems instead of what can be nerfed *goes to edit that into origional post*

why use a million words to eloquently convey a point when a direct answer or thought will do.

im not a politician and rather use one word for one word - not one hundred.

Marzola
22-10-03, 23:49
Originally posted by evs
why use a million words to eloquently convey a point when a direct answer or thought will do.

im not a politician and rather use one word for one word - not one hundred.

Lost you there o_O

Your ideas are valid, but I just don't want them in this thread. I should have posted that in my origional post when I first made it :p (talking about the nerf PPU defenses by 25% part there Other ones are fine)

Shadow Dancer
22-10-03, 23:56
Originally posted by Marzola
After readign Lexxuk's idea about instead of nerfing other classes, make other classes stronger instead, I got an idea of how to boost tanks and possibly other classes as well.

Right now a group of tanks weilding speed gats cannon take down a PPU. Instead of nerfing a PPU's defenses, how about giving tank's a rare gatling cannon. Now, one tank still shouldn't be able to take down a PPU. No class (except APU) should be able to take down a decent PPU solo. The damage of this gun should be so that when 2-3 tanks cocentrate their fire on a decent PPU, they should be able to slowly (SLOWLY) take down a PPU (with heals going). There are epic laser pistols/rifles, and there are also rare laser pistols/rifles. So why shouldn't there be a rare gatling cannon as well as the epic gatling cannon?

Rare gat sounds good. However It can't do more damage than what an apu can dish out, so if you want a rare gat for the sole purpose of being able to take down a PPU by doing that much damage, well..........:p

Also, since apus are weaker vs piercing, and a lib already tears us up, taht means a rare gat will kill us in .9 seconds. :p So in that case i want a rare poison. :p

Now for resists: (this one really only helps tanks)

As it stands right now a PE who knows what he's doing can have equal, if not better defenses, to a tank. Now, isntead of nerfing a PE's resists into oblivion, how about we just increase the resist bonus peopel get for puting more skill points into a resist (I believe as it is right now if you have more than 100 in a resist, the resist % you get goes up more per point) or increasing the health cap and increasing the health bonus you get so tanks can take more hits. I personally prefer the resists than the health, but both are available options.

I think since tanks were the only people GENETICALLY ENGINEERED they should start out with innate bonuses outside of the norm. Like a + to health or resists, and maybe a higher health cap.

Anwyays i like your health idea, but wouldn't the resist idea boost everyone? Or is that your intention?

I don't want to see the PPU class become useless. They are important for leveling and are needed for MC5.

Only because KK made them that way.

EDIT: PLEASE DON'T POST "NEFR THIS OR THAT" I WANT THIS THREAD TO BE ABOUT WHAT CAN BE BOOSTED TO SOLVE PROBLEMS, NOT NERFED. NERFING ONLY PISSES PEOPLE OFF. BOOSTING THINGS DOESN'T.

Well I just want to say that nerfing also depends on one's perspective. Obviously improving the drugs is technically a nerf on paralysze, you shouldn't try to sugar-coat it.

Also, "boost never nerf!!11111111111" can only go so far. I SHUDDER to think of the sheer imbalance issues KK would have brought forward by attempting to boost other classes to hybrid levels.

Duder
22-10-03, 23:58
heres a boost, +5 to all skills, every class, now thats a boost...heheheh....

Marzola
23-10-03, 00:03
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
I think since tanks were the only people GENETICALLY ENGINEERED they should start out with innate bonuses outside of the norm. Like a + to health or resists, and maybe a higher health cap.

Anwyays i like your health idea, but wouldn't the resist idea boost everyone? Or is that your intention?

With the resists, it would only help people after over 100 points have been put in a reisist (which only a tank or a PE with no health can do) This is resist, not armor and reisists combined.

Well I just want to say that nerfing also depends on one's perspective. Obviously improving the drugs is technically a nerf on paralysze, you shouldn't try to sugar-coat it.

Also, "boost never nerf!!11111111111" can only go so far. I SHUDDER to think of the sheer imbalance issues KK would have brought forward by attempting to boost other classes to hybrid levels.

True. Thing shouldn't be boosted too much. KK needs to go to a dictionary and look up the word moderation before they go about boosting/nerfing things.

Originally posted by Duder
heres a boost, +5 to all skills, every class, now thats a boost...heheheh.... \

Yes duder, very good. That is a boost *gives duder a cookie* However, I was thinking of more specific things when I said boost, not nerf :p

Duder
23-10-03, 00:05
Whoa, cookie!!! mmmmmm ^__________^

Also, lower specialization alot or a little.

I prefer the alot.

And the +5 to all skills for everyone. Raised caps.

*continues to munch on cookie*

ghandisfury
23-10-03, 00:06
This is my oppinion from another thread....no other nerfs needed.

TANKS>>> The big problem with tanks is their defences. A well setup PE with shelter can have better defences than a tank if looked at 1vs1. Sure if you bring a PPU into the picture it's balanced, but let's leave a PPU out of the picture for now. IMO the way to fix the imbalnce with defences for tanks is lower the "damage cap number", remove damage cap, and make it a linear equation over 60 points in any con level. Meaning that a tank with 114 points in energy resists could have the same defence with 85 points in energy resist. However any increase in this stat from the 85 point range would still be effective. Meaning that if he put all points from con into energy resist he might take 5 points of damage from holy lightning but take 100 points of damage from a fire apoc. This would increase a tanks defences without significantly increasing any other classes defences.

SPIES>>> The problem with spies is the fact that they have no place or function in a battle. This is brought about mainly by the PPU, but let's leave him out of this for now. IMO a spie should get thermal vision that would aid in tracking down their spie adversaries. The SH should also be doubled in ROF. These are the only imbalance issues for spies. Their range is superior, and the have perfect defences (stealth).

PEs>>> No imbalance issues that I see, asside from the fact that they too have no place in OP wars. I would like to see them get a tool that would remove dead people from battle, thus giving them a function.

APUs>>> The biggest problem with APUs is their range. With the range so high their lack of defences is never brought into question. Max range on any weapon should be 200 meters. The other problem is the fact that the have access to good peircing defence. Solution is to remove heavy deflector belt. Damage and frequency is fine IMO.

PPUs>>> The problem is not the fact that they are hard to kill.....they_should_be_hard to kill. The problem is the fact that they can reduce your setup, remove your run speed, and that there is no counter for resserection. So, remove parashock, make damage boost have to stack as it does on mobs, and give PEs a weapon that removes dead bodies, and you've got their problem dicked as well.

So many people whine about the PPU (as they should), but do it for the wrong reasons. It's not the fact that they are hard to kill, or that they can ress under fire.....it's_those_three_spells that are the defining unbalance issues.

Anyway, take it for what you will...these are all opinions, and I've left PvP until these issues are fixed.

Spoon
23-10-03, 02:44
Rare gat sounds good. However It can't do more damage than what an apu can dish out, so if you want a rare gat for the sole purpose of being able to take down a PPU by doing that much damage, well..........:p

Also, since apus are weaker vs piercing, and a lib already tears us up, taht means a rare gat will kill us in .9 seconds. :p So in that case i want a rare poison. :p

It shouldn't be too hard to find a TL for a rare Gat. that would put it's damage below that of a capped damage/RoF HL...

By rare poisen spell, you mean a rare poisen beam?

and you refer to APU's as "us", I didn't think you rolled your monk, I kinda figured you got a second account........ :lol:

Shadow Dancer
23-10-03, 02:49
Originally posted by Spoon

By rare poisen spell, you mean a rare poisen beam?

Yes beam, not the useless barrel we have now. :D

Originally posted by Spoon

and you refer to APU's as "us", I didn't think you rolled your monk, I kinda figured you got a second account........ :lol:

I did reroll. I might reroll back, LoL. I refer to apus as "us" because apu was, is, and always will be my favorite/main class.

:p

QuantumDelta
23-10-03, 03:01
I see many people talking about balance.
I see many suggestions people make on the topic of balance to unbalance the classes o_O

PE = Balanced, so lets boost Tanks! o_O

PE vs Tank =Balanced, boost the tank and you fuck the PE.

PEs "Balance" is already fucking shakey because PEs are only balanced if they are;
Buffed.
Drugged.
Ready.

Tanks are ready to go the second you see them unless they want the added advantages of PSI.

.....And people bitch, because Tanks have lower defence, while they have significantly higher offence.

Stupid...just plain stupid....

Re: Tanks are genetically engineered.
Wrong.
Tanks are Genetically mass produced shitty human waste that can be thrown away (at the closest enemy) in such mass numbers you win the fight with pure logistics.

Sad.