PDA

View Full Version : Help: Neocron, The Matrix??

JiNxY
22-10-03, 22:55
Well, ive just re-installed neocron, my 50x CD-rom drive is broken
so ive had to use my single speed one lol

(installing took about 30-40 minutes)

but everything is slow motion matrix style!!!!
when you jump its like being on the moon lol

i have about 60 fps in p1, everything goes smoothly, just slllloooooowwwwwww. ive reduced my resolution to 600x800 (32) but no difference

what have i done wrong lol

J. Folsom
22-10-03, 22:59
I'd guess it's the CD-ROM drive, and the fact that it has a quarter of the speed it should have to play Neocron.

Though, I suppose, if you did a full installation that really shouldn't be the case. If you didn't do a full installation, do so now, and see if it fixes it.

JiNxY
22-10-03, 23:06
yep full install. :(

the cd is currently sat with a glass of sprite on it

Kenjuten
22-10-03, 23:07
Err...I think they said the CD-Drive was the cupholder, NOT the CD. :lol:

Anyway... sorry to hear the problem. Although... 60fps and you're slow as hell? O_o

J. Folsom
22-10-03, 23:07
Odd idea, but try removing that 1x CD-ROM drive, if that doesn't work, something else in your computer is being messed up.

JiNxY
23-10-03, 00:05
hmmm i think its something to do with my graphics card.

because ive just noticed this:

you know when you get the log in screen and you click the box and a grey highlight comes across... well that goess rreealllyyy slow aswell.

i can play all other games fine :/

ive got the latest directx and the lastest nvidia drivers. all directdraw tests are passed etc etc etc..

maybe support might have heard of this problem before and be able to give me some clues..

JiNxY
23-10-03, 02:11
oooohh right then, i really think ive found the issue at hand now.

when i run neocron it uses 100% cpu usage.. its never done that before..

sooooo hmmm, i guess ive got to just fiddle with drivers and stuff till it stops doing that??

any ideas on whats causing that? its just on neocron other games work fine ^^

JiNxY
22-11-03, 10:21
bumping an old thread here, but cant be helped.

i found the problem it was the sound, if i turned the music off in neocron options it worked nicely again..

(sfx doesnt seems to make any difference, just the music)

just thought id post it so future people with the problem can do a search and find the answer..

Sorin
22-11-03, 10:49
Originally posted by JiNxY
when i run neocron it uses 100% cpu usage.. its never done that before..

o_O :wtf:

What the hell kind of computer do you play on? Any game I play uses 100% of my cpu. Well maybe not 100%, more like 99% but what's 1%. UT, UT 2003, Neverwinter Nights, Neocron, Red Alert 2, etc.

And that's with a shuttle sn41g2, athlonXP 2500+ barton core, 512mb CL2 333mhz corsair memory, GeForce2 GTS/Pro (200mhz/400mhz). . .

Am I doing something wrong :wtf:

yes I know the graphics card could use an upgrade, but the FX cards say they require 300w power supply, my mini shuttle is only 200w and I dont think they have upgrades for these itty bitty things. :( Haven't looked at the GeForce4 requirements.