PDA

View Full Version : New rares for tanks

Dont Mess
22-10-03, 21:01
alrite for those of u that think there are alrerady 2 many rares press back and look at another thread i think that every class had got a new rare

PPU's:

Holy anti-posion sanct
Holy cath sanct
Holy cath
Crahn cath
TSS

APU's:

Holy antibuff
Crahn antibuff
Holy thunder
Holy fire
Pesti

Pistol pple:

Slasher

Rifle pple:

Disrupter
Silent Hunter

Additional new rares:

Gloves
Rigger Inter

4give me is i missed out some rares or weapons but the only class that aint got any new rares so far is the tank. there have been 0 HC or Melee rares. pple that have gone Melee the highest TL weapon they have got is a 103 DG (i think its 103) i really would like 2 see a boost in tanks i rmember the threads saying nerf the tanks but now all u eva get are the APUs PPUs PEs and so on. PLZ give yr ideas of new weapons that u would like 2 see we all no the GM is gonna look at this and 4get it 2 mins later but lets just have a few suggestions.

.Cyl0n
22-10-03, 21:08
a rare flamer for tanks would be cool..

.cy

Judge
22-10-03, 21:19
I think that a rare gattlin cannon would be nice for tanks....

But your logic that all the other classes have got extra rares is flawed.... Where have the PEs got new rares? The terminator is coming at some point but isn't in yet. PEs can't use disruptor/SH/Slasher without being massively gimped so we really haven't got any extra rares either.

Not that i'm saying tanks shouldn't because PEs shouldn't. Though i do feel that tanks need something adding that isn't just a shiney new rare which will undoubtedly need to be balanced over the next few months, either being very over or under powered.

I have posted what I think tanks should have in my thread on class roles. Though a gattlin rare might be a new way to help kill monkacron :D

Dont Mess
22-10-03, 21:27
yeh but thats what pes are they can use abit of everything they can use their pistols and also seen em use a CS so thats what u are but u know what ok rare gat would be cool imagbne the swirlie it would be odd but ok i started this post on tanks mayb a change a rare gatling rifle/pistol would be really cool PE could use aswell.

GET BAK TO TANKS

my idea would be like a Pulse Laser Cannon for sniping

\\Fényx//
22-10-03, 21:34
Tanks should get a rare gat called the vindicator, with a black swirley :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

they also need a rare flamer

Melee needs ammo mods, a poison one for low tech, and a xray one for laserblades...

Ryleck
22-10-03, 21:36
yea some kinda ranged tank weapon

hows about a burst fire rocket luncher (kinda like the heavy trike weapon)

im thinkign a rare weapon that dosent make tanks slow down to the speed of a weighed down 0/2 monk :p

Dont Mess
22-10-03, 21:38
or they should like fix the DG coz its a strong weapon it should like do stacked dmg like the wyatt earp if u mod it with xray it stacks radiation or like fire aswell

msdong
22-10-03, 21:46
there are alot of "rare" or special cannons for tanks. plus the various rifles and pistols.
its only that they dont use them. if you look on the other side every class use only 2 max 3 rares.

Dont Mess
22-10-03, 21:49
BULLSHIT

tanks has CS MS DB MALA thats it ONE PVP weapon ok u have speed gat but thats hardly used that much sometimes yes but make it intresting the rest are aoe which arnt used in pvp that much only in places like op wars need another cs type weapon

msdong
22-10-03, 22:01
would anyone use a rare flamer in PvP?
should neocron force more short range combat?(no imo)
please no sniper pules laser cannon. the storm lasercannon is allmost cheatin' :)

EDIT:
there is nothin wrong with AE weapons.
rares should not be developed as one rare for every PvP situation.

El Barto
22-10-03, 22:05
We needa rare close up weapon, all we got is the Cursed Soul out of the rare weapons, also, PLZ make the Tangent Plasma Wave Cannon usefull!!!!!

Marzola
22-10-03, 22:21
All I would want is a rare gatling cannon and for KK TO BOOST AOE WEAPONS!!

NS_CHROME54
22-10-03, 22:35
pulse laser cannons for tanks would be awesome. tanks are pretty much shiznit for long range combat, but a pulse laser cannon would really help. it should use a discolored version of the fusion cannon model (black and gray :D). and it would be such a damn sweet weapon.

what would be even more interesting is if it didn't have absolute aim and had some aoe, but the ammo would move at the speed of a pulse laser. it would be really cool for seiges on ops.

Marzola
22-10-03, 22:36
Originally posted by NS_CHROME54
pulse laser cannons for tanks would be awesome. tanks are pretty much shiznit for long range combat, but a pulse laser cannon would really help. it should use a discolored version of the fusion cannon model (black and gray :D). and it would be such a damn sweet weapon.

what would be even more interesting is if it didn't have absolute aim and had some aoe, but the ammo would move at the speed of a pulse laser. it would be really cool for seiges on ops.

*Imagines a yellow beam of death coming off a high hilltop near CRP, destroying all in it's path* I like it :D

NS_CHROME54
22-10-03, 22:41
Originally posted by Marzola
*Imagines a yellow beam of death coming off a high hilltop near CRP, destroying all in it's path* I like it :D

well it would kinda be red. and it would be pulses, not a beam. it would have an aoe type aiming system, and a bit of an aoe effect, but a high firing rate and fast moving shots (not as much damage tho).

Spoon
22-10-03, 22:43
Originally posted by msdong
there are alot of "rare" or special cannons for tanks. plus the various rifles and pistols.
its only that they dont use them.

There are 4 rares for Tanks......
The CS is pretty useful...
Mal and MS are semi-useful....
The DB is completely useless, in my opinion......

The JDL isn't too bad for some leveling..
The STORM Laser shows promise, especially for leveling....now if I could only get my hands on a new one....

I strongly disagree with you about Tanks using Rifles, do to the lack of Weapon Lore(INT), pistols maybe, but their still limited on DEX points, is there enough for PC, High Tech and AGL?, I'm not to sure there is......

I would like to see Tanks get a Rare Gatlin Cannon and a Rare Pulse Laser Cannon...
And a new set of HC implants and eyes......

NS_CHROME54
22-10-03, 22:45
if you're a capped tank then it IS possible to be a pa2 wearing libby weilding tank'o'death with massive force resist and huge carry capacity. you won't be able to use a moonie with this setup tho so don't even try. you will be extraordinarely powerful tho.

i know a capped libby weilding tank, and she's uber

Judge
22-10-03, 22:47
Originally posted by Ryleck
im thinkign a rare weapon that dosent make tanks slow down to the speed of a weighed down 0/2 monk :p

Tanks are meant to be slow.... thats the point.

Also why the fuck should tanks get a long range weapon that has power? Leave that for spys or Rifle PEs....

I don't mind you having long range weaponry but it shouldn't be very powerful. You're not snipers.... you don't have the weaponlore for that.

Spoon.... I'm making a Pistol tank on Pluto atm, but no there isn't enough for pistol agility and tech.... they have to be lowtech without a kami.

Vid Gamer
22-10-03, 23:15
I agree with the original poster.

For PvP, Tanks only have one close up weapon which is the CS and then 3 AoE weapons. IMO there should be three new rares for a Tank:

Rare Gatlin Cannon: I think every Tank in the game wants one of these. Obviously make it way more powerful then the TSC even and make it able to actually kill PPU Monks with full buffs or not.

Rare Laser Cannon: The best Laser Cannon currently is the Tangent Prototype Laser Cannon from the TT ER. It's range is sick at 600m+ but the damage is desirable in PvP. If a rare one was introduced Tanks could have a role at sniping the front line before they even come close to the OP.

Rare Flame Thrower: Don't laugh, if done right, this could be another alternative to having a CS out. Obviously increase range and damage by a ton from the current ones and make it where in a tight fight you can set the enemies (more then 1) on fire where the status stays with you like when fire mobs hit you. The more you get hit the more it stacks. This will make Fire Resist essential in PvP.

Other changes not regarding this thread is make an HC eye for Tanks and make us have the ability to go *** like every other class.

•Super|\|ova•
22-10-03, 23:21
Originally posted by Spoon
There are 4 rares for Tanks......
The CS is pretty useful...
Mal and MS are semi-useful....
The DB is completely useless, in my opinion......

The JDL isn't too bad for some leveling..
The STORM Laser shows promise, especially for leveling....now if I could only get my hands on a new one....

I strongly disagree with you about Tanks using Rifles, do to the lack of Weapon Lore(INT), pistols maybe, but their still limited on DEX points, is there enough for PC, High Tech and AGL?, I'm not to sure there is......

I would like to see Tanks get a Rare Gatlin Cannon and a Rare Pulse Laser Cannon...
And a new set of HC implants and eyes......

Just read the damn first post few times more and notice that we are talking about PvP here...

Shadow Dancer
22-10-03, 23:23
I agree tanks need new rares, but not because of the rares other classes have. First of all crahn antibuff, normal catharsis are 2 garbage rares. Secondly, the rare "barrels" are a fuckin joke PvP.

Firestorm ownz PvM though. :p

I think tanks should get a rare flamer.

Dont Mess
22-10-03, 23:24
o hell yeh a rare gat that rips thru ppus that would prob fix the WHOLE monk'o'cron thing because it will encourage more pple 2 play thrie tanks in op wars 2 get riod of the ppus. we need a pulse not a Tangent plasma wave or storm thing they are COMPLEATLY shit and have bad effects i love the pluse effect which would be cool for long distances and close up GREAT for pvp and a flamer pple thing its shit get a flamer made and put a posion mod then see whos laughing that can hurt a spy mayb not kill him but hurt him imagine what a rare 1 could do. I SWEAR if KK put these in *doubt it* it would make the game a shit load more better. also as kk ususally do wen they bring out a rare they make a store bought version available so we can test em out.

Shadow Dancer
22-10-03, 23:24
Originally posted by Vid Gamer

Rare Gatlin Cannon: I think every Tank in the game wants one of these. Obviously make it way more powerful then the TSC even and make it able to actually kill PPU Monks with full buffs or not.

If it's able to kill ppu monks with full buffs, it would be the most overpowered weapon in NC history.

Vid Gamer
22-10-03, 23:26
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
If it's able to kill ppu monks with full buffs, it would be the most overpowered weapon in NC history.

Let's put it this way, if you keep pounding the PPU with it, eventually he will die. Not fast, but he will die eventually. If you have a bunch of Tanks with it.. game over.

Dont Mess
22-10-03, 23:28

i dont think he means instantly but actually hurts a ppu so it dont do like 9 dmg but like 90 or 100 which a ppu can heal out easily but if they are not payying attention then mayb kill em. if i was 2 be soo good then mayb make it like a crazy high TL like 125 or 130

evs
22-10-03, 23:29
I think tanks should be given a rare called 'extinction' - perhaps it will finally help them realise they are now useless :D

Vid Gamer
22-10-03, 23:30
Originally posted by Dont Mess
i dont think he means instantly but actually hurts a ppu so it dont do like 9 dmg but like 90 or 100 which a ppu can heal out easily but if they are not payying attention then mayb kill em. if i was 2 be soo good then mayb make it like a crazy high TL like 125 or 130

Exactly.

Dont Mess
22-10-03, 23:34
AHHHH im getting all happy now thinkin if it was implememnted it would be SOOOOOO FUKIN UBER somthing that can kill PPUs nightmare for dilly my ppu but still

ALSO

SHOULD IT HAVE A SWIRLIE if so what colour BLACK????

Shadow Dancer
22-10-03, 23:35

It can't do more damage than HL. Otherwise the tank would be doing more damage than the damage dealer of NC. Also HL doesn't hurt a ppu much with buffs. So I doubt what he wants, will be implemented.

Dont Mess
22-10-03, 23:40
DIFFERENCE

MONKS HAVE HOLY ANTIBUFF and kill a ppu thats not paying attention easily ive done it my self using the idea of the gateling cannon a tank could possibly do it him self with out the aid of ne1 else

Vid Gamer
22-10-03, 23:43
AHHHH im getting all happy now thinkin if it was implememnted it would be SOOOOOO FUKIN UBER somthing that can kill PPUs nightmare for dilly my ppu but still

ALSO

SHOULD IT HAVE A SWIRLIE if so what colour BLACK????

Rare Gatlin: Black
Rare Laser: Blue
Rare Flamer: Red

Vid Gamer
22-10-03, 23:45
It can't do more damage than HL. Otherwise the tank would be doing more damage than the damage dealer of NC. Also HL doesn't hurt a ppu much with buffs. So I doubt what he wants, will be implemented.

This is the problem. Tanks should be the damage dealers of NC. They were genetically enchanced for combat FFS. And what Dont Mess says APU's can kill a PPU with Holy Antibuff whereas a Tank alone has no chance. Hell, 10 Tanks have no chance right now. o_O

Dont Mess
22-10-03, 23:47
BOOST THE FUKIN TA KS OR PUT IN MORE RARES IDEALY BOTH

Shadow Dancer
22-10-03, 23:47
This is the problem. Tanks should be the damage dealers of NC. They were genetically enchanced for combat FFS.

lol :rolleyes:

The point is KK SPECIFICALLY and EXPLICITLY stated they wanted apus to be the damage dealers of NC. So having a tank do more damage is dumb. Now if you wanna argue that tanks should be the damage dealers, then that's a whole different thread. :p

And please don't spread your hatred of ppus to apus. Apus aren't even that bad. I swear, it's all the little pussy apus that run around with ppus all the time, that give all of us a bad name.

Dont Mess
22-10-03, 23:49
rite now tanks do fuk all all they can kill are the lower class spy and pes some pes are good but the fact is an apu tank prob kill apu but apus usualy have a ppu and also if the tanbk dropped the apu the tank will die 2 seconds after coz of the posion stack

Vid Gamer
22-10-03, 23:51
lol :rolleyes:

The point is KK SPECIFICALLY and EXPLICITLY stated they wanted apus to be the damage dealers of NC. So having a tank do more damage is dumb. Now if you wanna argue that tanks should be the damage dealers, then that's a whole different thread. :p

And please don't spread your hatred of ppus to apus. Apus aren't even that bad. I swear, it's all the little pussy apus that run around with ppus all the time, that give all of us a bad name.

Well whatever, this Monkocron needs to stop. Something needs to be done and having Tanks another way to effectively kill Monks should be the solution.

Dont Mess
22-10-03, 23:56
ideas on melee rares now??

Vid Gamer
22-10-03, 23:58
ideas on melee rares now??

Ugh, specialized melee Tanks is a whole nother topic there.

The whole concept should just be rethought and made 10x stronger.

Dont Mess
22-10-03, 23:59
the DG is kinda strong

Shadow Dancer
23-10-03, 00:00
Well whatever, this Monkocron needs to stop. Something needs to be done and having Tanks another way to effectively kill Monks should be the solution.

The "core" of monkacron's problem is the PPU if you closely analyze it.

rite now tanks do fuk all all they can kill are the lower class spy and pes some pes are good but the fact is an apu tank prob kill apu but apus usualy have a ppu and also if the tanbk dropped the apu the tank will die 2 seconds after coz of the posion stack

Dude, is it so hard to try and "clean up" your post a bit? It's really hard to understand what you're saying. Stop acting like an apu is ONLY with a ppu. You judge the apu class by itself. I don't care if 90% of the pussy APUS in this game run around with a ppu only. That's no different than if 90% of tanks ran around with ppu.

J. Folsom
23-10-03, 00:01
ideas on melee rares now?? The Dildo of Maven should be implemented as Melee rare, with the RoF one of those things have, ýou'll seriously be a deadly force on the battlefield, and probably in other locations as well.

Dont Mess
23-10-03, 00:02

Dude, is it so hard to try and "clean up" your post a bit? It's really hard to understand what you're saying. Stop acting like an apu is ONLY with a ppu. You judge the apu class by itself. I don't care if 90% of the pussy APUS in this game run around with a ppu only. That's no different than if 90% of tanks ran around with ppu.

i have an apu i dont run round with a ppu but most do who gives a fuk if 90% are pussys the fact is that that 90% is a shit loda pple playing NC and nothing can be done about it a PPU with a tank iant as effectinve and a tank dont need ppu they heal slow but can take alot were talking about being able 2 kill the ppus

Dont Mess
23-10-03, 00:04
Originally posted by J. Folsom
The Dildo of Maven should be implemented as Melee rare, with the RoF one of those things have, ýou'll seriously be a deadly force on the battlefield, and probably in other locations as well.

OUCH

Anna
23-10-03, 00:05
shadow if youre so bored with monkocron why dont you delete yours?

would save us a lot of your whining :rolleyes:

SigmaDraconis
23-10-03, 00:05
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
Just read the damn first post few times more and notice that we are talking about PvP here...

Strange..the origional post has no mention or even implication of PvP..only rares in general..and as of your post only 3 others mentioned PvP specifically..add to that the fact that the post Spoon is directly quoting doesn't mention PvP...

so who exactly needs to reread anything? o.0

Anyway..id like to see a TL 90-95 rare gatty..and a TL 113 Pulse laser cannon..no AOE just true pulse like the other pulse weapons...Tanks have ONE rare choice for upclose combat PvP or PvM...even a PE has 2-3..

And to the comment PE's havnt gotten any new rares...well I must ask...Do you need more? PE/RoG for rifles....and Lib/judge for pistols....now add HL and RoLH/BoH to that list since the PA came out....no new rares were added to the game..but PE's have been givin access to atleast 2 more guns.

Anna
23-10-03, 00:09
cant seem to edit, makes IE crash, another format coming up i suppose o_O

shadow, i really dont get how you manage to turn a discussion around tanks to another ppu whine thread

if you dont like nc, just do all of us a favour and quit djeez :rolleyes:

Dont Mess
23-10-03, 00:09
the gat needs 2 be higher if its gonna be as uber as we want it 2 be and the pulse laser is about rite would be UBER for PvM and this aint really about pvp its a mix of all in general we need more rares

Dont Mess
23-10-03, 00:11
Originally posted by Anna

shadow, i really dont get how you manage to turn a discussion around tanks to another ppu whine thread

Exactly.

Spoon
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•

Yer, I have reread it a few times, and I don't see where he specifically mentioned PvP...

But anyway in terms of PvP then:

Give Tanks a Rare Gatlin Cannon

and watch the monkeys ballz shrivel......

That better?

Shadow Dancer

wtf are you talking about. I'm not turning this into a whine thread pay attention. I was pointing out to Vid gamer(since HE was the first to mention monkacron) that ppus are the source of the problem, that's it.

Dont Mess
23-10-03, 00:14
i agree tho like WHO plays their tank now pple play pistol PE or Monk so uping the tnaks will level it out alrite now thinkin about the rare gat if it could rip thru a ppu it will destroy apus so mayb not a great idea. they could up the TL to like 130 and give it 8 parts 2 make it

SigmaDraconis
23-10-03, 00:15
you want a gat cannon more then 15-20 TL higher then the speedgat? ok ok ..lets look at this...TL95 Gatling cannon...being cannon..and higher TL than PE....will have higher RoF..faster aim..and much better damage..... is there any lacking of uberness here? o.0

.Cyl0n
23-10-03, 00:24

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

true true :)

[Removed for Trolling - Gungnir]

.cy

Shadow Dancer
23-10-03, 00:26
Originally posted by .Cyl0n
[Removed - Gungnir]

Another great and useful post brought to you by System Shock. :rolleyes:

.Cyl0n
23-10-03, 00:28
Another great and useful post brought to you by System Shock. :rolleyes:

its ppl like you that hate all the time and fuck this game up

we can talk ingame ... i dont want to flame you here

.cy

Anna
23-10-03, 00:29
\o/

cy r0x :D

so do tanks actually, still waiting for my 2nd account to start my tankie again, try to get the rare gatling by that time plstyverymuch :)

Shadow Dancer
23-10-03, 00:30
its ppl like you that hate all the time and fuck this game up

we can talk ingame ... i dont want to flame you here

.cy

I don't hate all the time, except ppus. But anna comes here to add NOTHING but a flame, directed towards me. Then you tell me I fuck this game up? No it's people like her who do nothing to add to the discussion. THX

Dont Mess
23-10-03, 00:31
stop falming start giving idead and shadow if u read my first message i siad if yr not intrested then press bak and post somewere else this thread is about new rare ideas

.Cyl0n
23-10-03, 00:34
I don't hate all the time, except ppus. But anna comes here to add NOTHING but a flame, directed towards me. Then you tell me I fuck this game up? No it's people like her who do nothing to add to the discussion. THX

:lol: :lol:
omg...lets talk ingame.. i dont want to hijack ( right spelled? ) this thread ...

.cy

Shadow Dancer
23-10-03, 00:36
stop falming start giving idead and shadow if u read my first message i siad if yr not intrested then press bak and post somewere else this thread is about new rare ideas

Right..............their are many people here who didn't post related to the topic. So don't single me out, THX.

QuantumDelta
23-10-03, 00:36
This thread'll be closed and cleaned or just plain closed soon :p

re: Rare Gatlin.

I've said it before and I'll say it again;

If a Rare Gatlin is introduced it will be quickly heralded as the best tank weapon, then nerfed shortly after to only just better than a 120% TGC (120% TGC > TSG, if you have the stats to get close to capping it).

Tank AoE needs to be massively upped.
Tanks are supposed to be (According to KK) damage sponges.
AoE + Damage absorbance = teh win for team tactics.

Anna
23-10-03, 00:37

i gave you a very nice and realistic responce on your big ppu whine thread, but you just ignored it as i touched monks in general, including you

and can you pls stop whining now, this is about tanks and rares tyvm, if you wonna flame me, meet me ingame and ill paraspam you a lil :rolleyes:

Dont Mess
23-10-03, 00:40
bleh :o

Shadow Dancer
23-10-03, 00:41
Anna you come here to troll and flame me, then you have the nerve to say "if you wanna flame me meet me in-game". Then why did you start?

.Cyl0n
23-10-03, 00:42
true QD ... a rare gat would be hard to balance :(

tanks aoe need a boost for sure.. especially doombeamer i think

i would still love a rare flamer tho.. :)
i often pk with my 2 4 slot flamers :)

.cy

QuantumDelta
23-10-03, 00:44
Hmm.
All three of you just shh.
None of you are gaining any ground in your "arguments" so like... shh :p

Anna, I have no clue who you are, but welcome to the forums.

Dispite your political stances on your server, please try to show eachother (SS/PIMP/Everyone the whole...pluto bitchacron is beginning to wear thin...), when you're OOC... it just makes the forum look more like it's full of idiots, and less useful for people like KK.
Half the reason why I hate any/all bitch threads, rather than constructive threads.
Leave eachother alone please...

Anna
23-10-03, 00:48
you know me though qd, we used talked quite a bit :)

havent seen you online on uranus for quite a while though, been wanting to ask you some stuff :(

SigmaDraconis
23-10-03, 00:50
nerf....

hmm true QD..but tanks need SOME fecking rare pierce/force.. (dont even mention MS....it dont work with other people standing within 30ft of you that you want to stay standing)

Vid Gamer
23-10-03, 00:51

I agree on this, and the only class to kill a PPU is an APU, hence why it's Monkocron.

If the Tank has a weapon (the rare gat) maybe more people will start to become Tanks to balance out the classes a bit more and there's another viable way to kill PPU's.

Shadow Dancer
23-10-03, 00:51
It would be cool if tanks could wield futuristic bows/crossbows.

Then that could be their "line" of piercing weapons, or something.

I agree on this, and the only class to kill a PPU is an APU, hence why it's Monkocron.

If the Tank has a weapon (the rare gat) maybe more people will start to become Tanks to balance out the classes a bit more and there's another viable way to kill PPU's.

The difference is, debuff doesn't kill through damage, it kills by removing buffs. So it doesn't hurt any other class anymore than it hurts the ppu. But you're suggesting a method to kill the ppu through out-right damage, which would mean an obscene amount of damage to other classes. Now if you suggest buff "bypassing" weapons, that would be different. But you're basically suggesting uber damage. :D

Duder
23-10-03, 00:53
Oh yeah, then lets get silver bullets ammo mods, that will be cool yes?

Shadow Dancer
23-10-03, 00:54
Originally posted by Duder
Oh yeah, then lets get silver bullets ammo mods, that will be cool yes?

omg, you mean to bypass buffs? Maybe it could lower overall damage a bit(the same way ammo mods increase overall damage a bit) and it would pierce buffs?

Sounds cool! :D

Vid Gamer
23-10-03, 00:54
tanks aoe need a boost for sure.. especially doombeamer i think

Yeah, imo the current best AoE weapon is the Mal since it's so accurate. I think the DB should definetly be boosted to where it's the best with capped stats.

AoE damage should not be % based, either.

Duder
23-10-03, 00:56
omg, you mean to bypass buffs? Maybe it could lower overall damage a bit(the same way ammo mods increase overall damage a bit) and it would pierce buffs?

Sounds cool! :D

*groan*

And lets have a new melee rare, a stake thats used to drive into the heart of someone to disable someone from being ressurected!

and lets make stealth make you go through walls and people!

Shadow Dancer
23-10-03, 00:58
Originally posted by Duder
*groan*

And lets have a new melee rare, a stake thats used to drive into the heart of someone to disable someone from being ressurected!

and lets make stealth make you go through walls and people!

Now i can't tell if you're joking, being sarcastic, or making fun of me. lol

QuantumDelta
23-10-03, 01:01
Rare Gat is a solution, I'm just saying that Gatlins in general are more powerful than you would expect from a heavy weapon of their TL.
My Tank Beat CS using Tanks with TSG before I could use a CS myself o_O, so a Rare could very easily be overpowered if they base it's stats on the previous Gatlin cannons.

AoE Boostage is something I would love.
Tanks don't use AoE enough which is a shame since I think it's the best thing about a tank.

And, Anna, PM me? Or find me on a messanger? :p
I've more or less retired from Uranus.
Too many assholes...

Duder
23-10-03, 01:03
Now i can't tell if you're joking, being sarcastic, or making fun of me. lol

heheh, i was just kidding, having another weapon thats specifically made to kill one class is kinda sucky...

Why not have Anti-Gentank bullet ammo mods then?

Anti-PE?

Anti-Sp...eh wait no need.

Its silly!

SigmaDraconis
23-10-03, 01:03
Originally posted by QuantumDelta

And, Anna, PM me? Or find me on a messanger? :p
I've more or less retired from Uranus.
Too many assholes...

I hope to god you didnt try Pluto in hopes of avoiding them o.0

QuantumDelta
23-10-03, 01:06
Actually recently pluto has seemed nicer ¬.¬
but then, that's probably because I'm unclanned currently.
But, I'm friendly with some NDA, some PIMP, a DarK or two, some TG .. it's tempting to just stay a wanderer :p

Vid Gamer
23-10-03, 01:07
The difference is, debuff doesn't kill through damage, it kills by removing buffs. So it doesn't hurt any other class anymore than it hurts the ppu. But you're suggesting a method to kill the ppu through out-right damage, which would mean an obscene amount of damage to other classes. Now if you suggest buff "bypassing" weapons, that would be different. But you're basically suggesting uber damage. :D

Yes, balancing out the weapon would be a pain in the ass, maybe the reason why KK never introduced it.

I take back my original statement saying it would kill a PPU buffs or not. It should hurt the PPU with buffs, but not where it would kill the PPU. If a Tank had the power to kill a PPU, there could be some other strategies involved.

One, an APU can antibuff them and then the Tank can rip through the buffless PPU, or a bunch of Tanks weilding the rare gat can gang up on the PPU Monk and eventually wear him down.

Vid Gamer
23-10-03, 01:10
Vote this http://neocron.jafc.de/images/5stars.gif as well so KK might see this.

Shadow Dancer
23-10-03, 01:13
Yes, balancing out the weapon would be a pain in the ass, maybe the reason why KK never introduced it.

I take back my original statement saying it would kill a PPU buffs or not. It should hurt the PPU with buffs, but not where it would kill the PPU. If a Tank had the power to kill a PPU, there could be some other strategies involved.

One, an APU can antibuff them and then the Tank can rip through the buffless PPU, or a bunch of Tanks weilding the rare gat can gang up on the PPU Monk and eventually wear him down.

What about pes and spies? Hell I think every class should have some form of anti ppu weapon.

Now if you want to diminish monkacron, then I don't think adding powerful piercing rares to tanks is the question. If you want to increase the tanks role as well, I have a feeling you could do both in one shot.

What I think is that the ppu should have sucky defense, but he should have a way of transfering the damage he recieves to his teammates. And tanks, as a bonus, could recieve half of the damage. That way even though ppus would need simply ANYONE to spread their damage through, it would be more favorable of them to use tanks.

Let's say there's an apu/ppu team. No longer will they obliterate entire armies, :rolleyes: , they simply "share" damage. That's the way I think it should be. Like if you hit the ppu for 70 damage, he would take 35 and the apu would take 35. If it's 3 people, the damage would be spread across all 3. Now as a bonus, the tank would recieve half of that. So maybe if it's tank/ppu and the ppu gets hit for 70 damage, the ppu would recieve 35 and the tank would recieve 12. That way apu/ppu would still be badass because of ppu's healing and the apu's offense. But the tank would have a "different" advantage as well.

OOPS big tangent. Sorry. :D :D

Dont Mess
23-10-03, 01:14
Vote this http://neocron.jafc.de/images/5stars.gif as well so KK might see this.

i really doubt it :mad: i mean look at the post about the ppus spell pics thats 1 of the best ideas ive seen

Spoon
23-10-03, 01:16
Sure, Tanks are damage sponges', but I hate to them relegated to a support role like that, it's not exactly the most attractive(fun) role in NC...

And AoE is pretty wank, at the moment, even if it was improved, it's still a support role(cover fire)...

Why do the APU's get to have all the fun?

Also....
I don't think a TL 93 or 95 Rare Gat, would be too overpowered..
It just might Tanks a little more feared, fun and interesting to play........again

Vid Gamer
23-10-03, 01:19
What about pes and spies? Hell I think every class should have some form of anti ppu weapon.

PE's have either the Lib or PE that does piercing damage, plus an assortment of other rares. Not saying they can easily kills PPU's, but they have a better chance then a Tank.

Spies should be able to damage PPU's good with an SH. KK should definetly increase the SH reasonably.

Now if you want to diminish monkacron, then I don't think adding powerful piercing rares to tanks is the question. If you want to increase the tanks role as well, I have a feeling you could do both in one shot.

What I think is that the ppu should have sucky defense, but he should have a way of transfering the damage he recieves to his teammates. And tanks, as a bonus, could recieve half of the damage. That way even though ppus would need simply ANYONE to spread their damage through, it would be more favorable of them to use tanks.

Let's say there's an apu/ppu team. No longer will they obliterate entire armies, :rolleyes: , they simply "share" damage. That's the way I think it should be. Like if you hit the ppu for 70 damage, he would take 35 and the apu would take 35. If it's 3 people, the damage would be spread across all 3. Now as a bonus, the tank would recieve half of that. So maybe if it's tank/ppu and the ppu gets hit for 70 damage, the ppu would recieve 35 and the tank would recieve 12. That way apu/ppu would still be badass because of ppu's healing and the apu's offense. But the tank would have a "different" advantage as well.

OOPS big tangent. Sorry. :D :D

Damn, that just changes the whole system now, lol. :D

Vid Gamer
23-10-03, 01:20
i really doubt it :mad: i mean look at the post about the ppus spell pics thats 1 of the best ideas ive seen

It does have 5 stars though, making it more noticable for them. ;)

Shadow Dancer
23-10-03, 01:21

Why do the APU's get to have all the fun?

Right..............

Why not give every class some form of debuffing? Then maybe the ppu's rediculous defenses will actually be justified. :rolleyes:

Also....
I don't think a TL 93 or 95 Rare Gat, would be too overpowered..
It just might Tanks a little more feared, fun and interesting to play........again

You're right, I guess it depends on what TL the rare would be. What's the TL for err speedgun?

Vid Gamer
23-10-03, 01:25
You're right, I guess it depends on what TL the rare would be. What's the TL for err speedgun?

TGC is TL 81 and the TSC is TL 75

Spoon
23-10-03, 01:25
. What's the TL for err speedgun?

TSG=TL75

NS_CHROME54
23-10-03, 02:04
ok i believe i have the solution for an uber tank peircing weapon

"Rail Gun"

and for pvm a pulse-laser cannon would be extraordinarely useful, as our only real ranged weapon is the ryker laser cannon (or tt exp. lasercannon if you can get one), and the damage isn't exactly the best.

Marzola
23-10-03, 02:32
As I said in my other post which seems to have sunk down the page (:rolleyes: ) All tanks need is a rare gatling cannon, to have the resist bonus or health bonus upped, and HAVE AOE BOOSTED FFS!!! Link to my thread with more explinations is in my sig.

@Shad's idea: I don't really like the idea of my tank just being there to take a PPU's damage for him. He should be able to take it himself. Besides, all people would have to do to kill a team is start shooting at the PPU and everyone else would be close to dead.

Shadow Dancer
23-10-03, 02:34

@Shad's idea: I don't really like the idea of my tank just being there to take a PPU's damage for him. He should be able to take it himself.

It would be optional, I don't see the problem.

As I said in my other post which seems to have sunk down the page (:rolleyes: ) All tanks need is a rare gatling cannon, to have the resist bonus or health bonus upped, and HAVE AOE BOOSTED FFS!!! Link to my thread with more explinations is in my sig.

That depends on your goal. Are you trying to solve monkacron or simply enhance tanks and make them more attractive?

Dont Mess
23-10-03, 21:23
BOTH

mdares
23-10-03, 21:26
GIVE MORE MELEE LUV PLZ!

melee need more weapons that are high TL... or change the TLs of existing weapons (boost em up) then add in a few more...

LUV TEH MELEE!

Shakari
23-10-03, 21:51
Originally posted by Judge
I think that a rare gattlin cannon would be nice for tanks....

But your logic that all the other classes have got extra rares is flawed.... Where have the PEs got new rares? The terminator is coming at some point but isn't in yet. PEs can't use disruptor/SH/Slasher without being massively gimped so we really haven't got any extra rares either.

Not that i'm saying tanks shouldn't because PEs shouldn't. Though i do feel that tanks need something adding that isn't just a shiney new rare which will undoubtedly need to be balanced over the next few months, either being very over or under powered.

I have posted what I think tanks should have in my thread on class roles. Though a gattlin rare might be a new way to help kill monkacron :D

Although I have 2 PE's they a a general char type not a specialist one like the tank spy or monk

and must leach they other classes gun if u like, its goes with being a general class

as soon as they bring out a weapon designed for PE use only in mind the PE becomes a specialist character type

Dont Mess
23-10-03, 21:58
come on ideas of a new rare melee i cant think of any also u think the dmg on the devils grace should stack for example if it was modded with xray it would stach radation like the wyatt earp

Dazist
23-10-03, 22:04
rare grenade launcher. make plasma wave useful. useful rare plasma wave. fix gatlin 1st person bugs (certain gatlin cannons take too much space in 1st person view, but not all of them). hc brain imps for tank. capital letters ain't my thing. the end.

Dont Mess
23-10-03, 22:11

damn quote my self this thread got 5 starts LOL

//Ring\\
23-10-03, 22:12
the way i see it a PE can do everything a tank can and better just cuz hes got the brains and a tank is like copbot smart 0.o
what they need is some dam good AOE weapons, make the plasma wave an AOE weapon too god it just sits there right behind the plasma cannon whats the point in buying it?

a rare grenade launcher or like an artillery cannon would own imo, like ud need +100 str (get urself high or something) and lots of HC to use it, then u can draw it and itll be like the artillery turrets ive been constantly gettin fired at with, it would help the op war thingie too a lot, would make more point if u actually have to shell the place to clear it off turrets instead of running in like a crazy dork and pray u make it to the comp
but the accuracy up short is really bad, so theres no point in using one inside buildings and stuff, that and the AOE would hurt u too :P

NS_CHROME54
23-10-03, 22:35
isn't the TPW just supposed to be the next lvl in laser cannon weapons, only using plasma ammo? cause it has the exact same function

Dont Mess
23-10-03, 22:57
noo TPW is the reject version of a TPC only 1 str lower then TPC its a funny weapon tho

Seezur001
23-10-03, 22:59
I dont play tanks that much but i would like to see a "Naplam Launcher" that shoots a can of napalm and creates a fire barrel affect where it hits. It would be great for PvM, especially in the crowded caves.

[Edit] what about a Whip for melee???? we got everything elses, swords, baseball bats why not a whip?

Dont Mess
23-10-03, 23:06
whip nice idea cant imagine it tho lol

Lanigav
24-10-03, 01:01
Tanks REALLY need a rare gatling cannon. Basically it would be the ultimate monk killer and would help balance out the issues of "invincible PPUs" and APUs who kill them before they can do adequate damage. That and it would be totally awesome for hunting mobs.

Of course, for the sake of variety and fun, I'd also really dig a rare flamer, grenade launcher, and plasma wave. Don't need a rare laser cannon because we already have the storm laser and we don't want sniping tanks.

Shadow Dancer
24-10-03, 01:05
If the apu kills the tank before he does adequete damage than

1.The apu ganked him by surprise. In which case, you ever seen how fast an apu dies when you gank HIM? K thx.

2.The tank sux.

thx

Lanigav
24-10-03, 01:10
You'd be surprised. My tank has been killed in less than 4 seconds by a group of two APUs with Holy Lightning. And that's with a shitload of energy resist. Especially since I need to aim before I shoot and they don't.

Shadow Dancer
24-10-03, 01:11
Originally posted by Lanigav
You'd be surprised. My tank has been killed in less than 4 seconds by a group of two APUs with Holy Lightning. And that's with a shitload of energy resist. Especially since I need to aim before I shoot and they don't.

2 apus?

You ever seen how fast an apu goes down to 2 tanks?

Um, why are you comparing 1 tank to 2 apus?

:confused:

Lanigav
24-10-03, 01:24
Well, naturally an APU goes down really fast with two tanks because it can only fire at one target at a time. Still, it can get off a few shots and at least get one tank down at half life. Switch it around and tank can barely get off a shot.

Regardless, I figure it would give a tank a good advantage against monks in PvP, which is something the game needs as the TSG and Liberator don't quite do the job well (primarily against PPUs and APUs grouped with PPUs).

Shadow Dancer
24-10-03, 01:28
yes let's make a piercing weapon so powerful apus die in .0008 seconds. :rolleyes:

It's funny how you would screw the apu over because of apus with ppus in their ass, or apus ganging up on a tank.

And if you don't think a lib does the job well, then you've never seen an explosive modded lib in action against an apu. Oh wait, did you mean apu WITH ppu right? pffttt.

Lanigav
24-10-03, 01:36
Fact of the matter is, you'll rarely see an APU without a PPU except when hunting mobs (if they're smart anyways), and even then there's usually one around. The tank (hell, every other class) shouldn't get screwed because of PPU uber buffs on an APU. Every strength needs a weakness or countermeasure, and there really isn't an effective one with PPU buffed APUs.

Its true though that an unbuffed APU goes down pretty fast against gatling guns and the Libby (which is the way its supposed to be) so I figure it might be a good idea to add some additional pierce resistance to their PA. Just enough to make them a little hardier and not die instantly, but not enough to save them against a tank with a rare gatling cannon.

Shadow Dancer
24-10-03, 01:39
Fact of the matter is, you'll rarely see an APU without a PPU except when hunting mobs (if they're smart anyways), and even then there's usually one around. The tank (hell, every other class) shouldn't get screwed because of PPU uber buffs on an APU. Every strength needs a weakness or countermeasure, and there really isn't an effective one with PPU buffed APUs.

What a load of crap. I travel without a goddamn ppu. Your problem here is the PPU not the damn apu. You wanna screw all the apus out there who travel without a ppu just because of ppu buffs? then the ppuf buffs is the problem not the apu. Jesus how selfish can someone be. If I saw all tanks travelin with a ppu I wouldn't be asking for Holy lightnign to be tripled in power just "kuz of shields".

You forgot the a tank with ppus buffs is tougher(defensively) than an apu, I don't see you whining to get a super duber anti-tank weapon.

This is the type of ignorance that will get apus mega over nerfed.
Not everyone has a fucking ppu. The class description for apu didn't fucking say "This class will always have a ppu behind it".

Lanigav
24-10-03, 01:54
First off, you need to chill. There's no need to get a stick up your arse, I'm just throwing out my ideas here. Nowhere in my posts do I say "I'm always right and your always wrong"

You completely ignored the second part of my post, which was to suggest that APUs give more pierce resist in their PA to make up for it, so a rare gatling cannon wouldn't chew through them in less than a second when they DON'T have a PPU, but be able to do a bit more than a TSG does against them with our without a PPU.

Yes, nowhere in the description does it say "PPU required for everything", but APUs are supposed to be pussies defensively. APUs aren't supposed to be able to survive an attack by a Gatling Cannon, or at least be at a fairly significant disadvantage against one when buffed by a PPU. That's what their whole purpose is because they do insane amounts of damage without having to aim. I'm not suggesting that they die instantly, but that they should better fufill their purpose than they do now.

That way, tanks will have another effective non-AOE weapon to use other than the Cursed Soul and PPU buffed APUs will actually have a weakness. If you just weaken the PPU buffs, then that would solve the problem with uber APUs, but it would still leave tanks with only one non-AOE rare.

As for me not "whining" about there not being a super uber anti-tank weapon, you'll probably notice that this thread is about strengthing the tank and giving them some new weapons, not how to nerf them. But since you brought it up, I'm not opposed to their being a specialty weapon that's effective against tanks either. In a way, APUs already have that with poison, since most tanks have fairly low resistance to it. Poison damage should be upped somewhere between what it is now and what it was back when people were actually deathly afraid of it to make it more effective.

Shadow Dancer
24-10-03, 01:59
:rolleyes:

nvm

mdares
24-10-03, 02:06
tanks (especially melee) need more toys... more dmg... RAWR...

o and if ur tank was killed by 2 apus in less than 4 seconds... well dunno but even my shitty HC tank (people from sat can vouch my HC tank sux) almost took down one of the capped apus before their 8 tox stacks and 5 apoc stacks took me down... (and yes they ganged up on me... didnt know weehre they where...

now melee tanks are fucked if they meet a ppu cuz melee + para = dead mc tank... but i did fight a apu+ppu team with my melee tank and i nearly killed the apu; woulda kiled him too if he didnt get a heal (damn ppus).

i think they need more specialized anti-ppu stuff for tanks other than the patented tl3 then strike tactic :D a good tank (someone who can aim really well; ask element on saturn) can rape apus fast (assuming 1 on 1 with no ppus) 1 clip can easily waste a apu; tox isnt an issue because all u need to do is use antidote... all my chars carry antidote and antishock on them for those situations...

sanityislost
24-10-03, 02:08
ok am gona bring up my rare flame thrower idea again, think it would be cool if it would work like the ones in The Thing you can lay down a wall of fire so it would kinda work like the psi fire barrels

Shadow Dancer
24-10-03, 02:09
Tanks should get a rare flamer.

Definitely.

Also I think their AOE should be seriously boosted. How about a slight increase in power, as well as a HUGE aoe radius AND a "barrel" like after-effect?

Like firestorm for apus, it leaves that fire "field" on the floor for like 5 seconds. Maybe all tank aoe can have that effect.

mdares
24-10-03, 02:10
or maybe a smaller "randomness" trajectory "cone" for rockets? (man m00nie would be so sweet if that was the case :D)

Shadow Dancer
24-10-03, 02:12
Originally posted by mdares
or maybe a smaller "randomness" trajectory "cone" for rockets? (man m00nie would be so sweet if that was the case :D)

What the hell does that mean?

:eek: :p

mdares
24-10-03, 03:09
well ok take a moonie and shoot at a wall with it... then on your screen make dots on where it hits... if u do enough u get a "circle" on your screen... now wipe off yer screen (i hope u used erasable ink)... try again at a shorter/longer distance to the wall and do it again. you will find eitehr a smaller/larger circle... now think 3D and model it: u get a conical trajectory... such that when u shoot the missile it goes out but its total possible paths fan out in a cone emitting from the launcher (or you).

i saw make the radius/diameter of the base of the cone smaller so its more accurate...

ROZZER187
24-10-03, 03:48
Off subject a little but someone said earlier that hc combat eye's need to be added for tanks IMO this is a good idea. tanks are meant to be good with weapons. I dont think they are the wep lore they have suxx. does anyone else agree with me on this???

(Like the rare Gat idea):D

-FN-
24-10-03, 04:13
Don't forget the TERMINATOR!!!

I love mine and think everyone should have one. :eek:

:( Strange books are a lie.

Vid Gamer
24-10-03, 05:47
Originally posted by -FN-
Don't forget the TERMINATOR!!!

I love mine and think everyone should have one. :eek:

:( Strange books are a lie.

I thought that was a rifle?

Shadow Dancer
24-10-03, 06:46
It is, FN is just messing around.

Vid Gamer
24-10-03, 07:13
Oh. :(

I got excited there for a second. :D

QuantumDelta
24-10-03, 07:23
Tanks should get a rare flamer.

Definitely.

Also I think their AOE should be seriously boosted. How about a slight increase in power, as well as a HUGE aoe radius AND a "barrel" like after-effect?

Like firestorm for apus, it leaves that fire "field" on the floor for like 5 seconds. Maybe all tank aoe can have that effect.

Malediction leaves Energy.
MoonStriker leaves Fire.
DoomBeamer leaves Xray.

Sounds sweet to me.

Shadow Dancer
24-10-03, 07:30
Malediction leaves Energy.
MoonStriker leaves Fire.
DoomBeamer leaves Xray.

Sounds sweet to me.

Yes that would own. Their AOE would be TEH lethalness.

And another side effect of their AOE could be the disruption of PE buffs.

:p

Vid Gamer
24-10-03, 07:33
I would be content if they just made the damage of AoE not % based so the damage doesn't depend on how much HP the person has.

QuantumDelta
24-10-03, 07:49
Don't make me hurt you :p

Vid ~ It already is to a degree, but not the way I think you're thinking.

Anosah Anosah.....
Nothin wrong with the cannons they just need their damage increased.

Vid Gamer
24-10-03, 07:58
Vid ~ It already is to a degree, but not the way I think you're thinking.

Not sure about now, but a few months ago I did a test and shot a capped Tank with full health for like 200 damage with a Mal and then a n00b Spy ad it did like 20 damage. o_O

Shadow Dancer
24-10-03, 08:01
Not sure about now, but a few months ago I did a test and shot a capped Tank with full health for like 200 damage with a Mal and then a n00b Spy ad it did like 20 damage. o_O

yes but it's not like AOE can kill anyone in less than 3 shots anyways, so it doesn't matter.

Original monk
24-10-03, 09:16
ffcourse i hope the tanks get new hc stuff and an eye that they give em *** .

but thats already suggested loooong time ago so i dont have good hopes on it ...

new itempolls, take a look it can give ya some new idea's:

poll 1 (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44928)

poll 2 (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61406)

poll 3 (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61411)

poll 4 (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70898)

i suggest new mobs, weapons etc fo all classes :P not only a tank, but for the tank its the most necessary... they aint the comabtchars they used to be anymore...

Vid Gamer
24-10-03, 15:43
All of those polls mention some great ideas.

Spoon
24-10-03, 18:22

That way, tanks will have another effective non-AOE weapon to use other than the Cursed Soul and PPU buffed APUs will actually have a weakness. If you just weaken the PPU buffs, then that would solve the problem with uber APUs, but it would still leave tanks with only one non-AOE rare.

Yep, Tanks need another close combat weapon, besides the CS....

A Rare Gatlin Cannon would fit the bill...
The Gatlin Cannon is one of the few weapons that doesn't have a fouth(rare) version in it's series.....

\\Fényx//
24-10-03, 18:24
Yep, Tanks need another close combat weapon, besides the CS....

A Rare Gatlin Cannon would fit the bill...
The Gatlin Cannon is one of the few weapons that doesn't have a fouth(rare) version in it's series.....

Speed gun ;)

Dont Mess
24-10-03, 18:33
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
Speed gun ;)

does a speed gate look like a rare NO its an epic item a PE can use 1 aswell we want 1 with a HIGH tl also swirlie lol also in parts, a spy or pe can get a tangent epic laser rifle but theres also a healing light like the gat we want a rare version of the epic

Spoon
24-10-03, 18:41
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
Speed gun ;)

Too low of a TL and too close to the TL of TGC....

Tanks need a Gatlin Cannon with a TL of 90+ to make them feared again...

I want Tankocron back......:lol:

Vid Gamer
24-10-03, 19:32
I want Spyocron back...oh wait..nm :(

Hagbart
25-10-03, 14:14
The game has..

- 8 rare rifles (tech + non tech)
- 7 rare APU spells
- 7 rare pistols (tech + non tech)
- 7 rare melee weapons (tech + non tech)
- 6 rare PPU spells
- 4 rare cannons (tech + non tech)
- 2 rare drones

Out of the 4 cannons, 3 are useless unless you are standing completely still (or preferably crouching) and wait for a closed reticle, making them near useless for PvP. 2 cannons (mal + db) performs the exact same role (energy based AE damage) so they are sort of mutually exclusive. The only direct fire weapon is almost impossible to cap even with all 100 levels of str and int dedicated to H-C and WEP.

Rifles has a much wider range of roles. There are energy and physical weapons, close or long range weapons, high damage/low precision weapons and lower damage/high precision weapons, high ROF/low damage, low ROF/high damage etc.

Pistols have a lot of the same versatility as the rifles.

APU spells have almost no overlapping except for the antibuff and holy antibuff.

I think it's time to get some new and higher TL direct fire H-C rares into the game. And the formula for H-C aiming should be reworked as well. Or maybe the size of the reticle on AE cannons while running should be toned down a lot.

Dont Mess
25-10-03, 14:34
Originally posted by Hagbart
The game has..

- 7 rare APU spells
- 6 rare PPU spells
- 2 rare drones

Out of the 4 cannons, 3 are useless unless you are standing completely still (or preferably crouching) and wait for a closed reticle, making them near useless for PvP. 2 cannons (mal + db) performs the exact same role (energy based AE damage) so they are sort of mutually exclusive. The only direct fire weapon is almost impossible to cap even with all 100 levels of str and int dedicated to H-C and WEP.

Adding to that the 7 rare Melee weapons only 2 are actually good for pvp the DG and the POB the others are ok for PvM thats it. they should put ammo mods on the DG ok sounds odd not really ammo but s type of DMG mod like xray or heat

Rifles has a much wider range of roles. There are energy and physical weapons, close or long range weapons, high damage/low precision weapons and lower damage/high precision weapons, high ROF/low damage, low ROF/high damage etc.

APU spells have almost no overlapping except for the antibuff and holy antibuff.

I think it's time to get some new and higher TL direct fire H-C rares into the game. And the formula for H-C aiming should be reworked as well. Or maybe the size of the reticle on AE cannons while running should be toned down a lot.

Dont Mess
25-10-03, 14:35
wtf lol where my message go

Dont Mess
25-10-03, 14:36
basically all i said was that outa the 7 melee rares only 2 are good the DG and POB the rest are good for pvm. i think they should like put dmg mods on the DG that do a certin typa dmg like xray or heat and shit that would be cool ive bn sayin it alot and it should stack

Torteth
25-10-03, 14:38
What about a Flamer Pistol. That would be pretty snazzy.
Even if it does no damage, you can kill people's frame rates, like the Mutant Flamers do.

QuantumDelta
25-10-03, 17:14
Lets add a little more advanced knowledge to this and a little less bias too. :p

Originally posted by Hagbart
The game has..

- 7 rare APU spells
- 6 rare PPU spells
- 2 rare drones

Everyone agrees that the AE weapons need to be boosted.
AE Cannons are not, actually a useless concept in PvP, they're just slightly underpowered.

Through all your talk about cannons, you neglect to mention that the cursed soul is the most powerful direct fire weapon over time in the game.
Period....
Even lupus, has agreed, that the cursed soul is slightly (talking 5%) overpowered.

TSG, may as well double for a rare, since, before the Lib boosting, it did equal damage too a lib PER BURST, has a bigger clip than the lib even after lib had it's clip sized doubled.
Has more range.
Easier to cap.
Easier to aim.
Infact, even now, the only downside to the TSG is the STA Drain, ya know what, my Tank has killed capped CS Tanks with TSG before he could even USE Cursed Soul.
So in regards to direct fire weaponry, you're not that short handed, you will see why below;

First Love is underpowered (useless compared to other weapons).
Pain Easer is okay, but not too great.
RoG is great.
Disruptor is Great, but only of real use to a spy.
Thunderstorm is useless (It's a _FREEZER FFS)
Redeemer is practically useless.
Healing Light is practically useless.
Silent Hunter is practically useless.

So..we have 1 okay weapon and 2 good ones.
And no AoE.

Lies.
Wyatt Earp is useless.
Liberator is okay, but aiming is bugged.
Judge is okay, because of PE PA and nothing else (SA + SF + Exp reflex 4 + PE PA = Judge = "okay, all other setups are for druggies or fools")
Beam Of Hell is pathetic.
Ray of Last Hope is nice, but useless to spies and really only accessible to PEs with SA who are willing to drug.
Executioner is the biggest pile of camel dung rolling across the sahara.
Slasher is crap for TL 113.

So...we have one conditional good weapon, and one okay weapon, and one conditional okay weapon.
Again, no AoE.

Fire Apoc is underpowered.
No rare poison beam.
APU Barrels are useless.
Antibuff is useless.
Holy Anti-buff is useful but not all that ubar.
Holy Lightning is slightly overpowered.

Two usable rares.. o_O

Almost all the melee is useless.

There are better things than Holy Paralysis available.
Catharsis is useless.
Holy Catharsis is BARELY usable.
Holy Catharsis sanctum is good for self defence, crappy for team (6m range!)
Antipoison sanctum is ".................okay" (6m range....!)
True sight sanctum is for people who wish to see a mist in neocron, because, other than obscuring a TINY bit of your sight, it's useless (...you guessed it....6m range!!!!)

...............so.......PPUs get two useful spells.

The 3 Rare drones are close to useless, because RG Drones ...are useless, and PN isn't all that much better than PB20.

so....all in all....
Everyone has about 2-3 "useful" rare weapons.

Tanks, have 3, imo.
MD/CS/MS.

MS > MD for damage but MD > MS for accuracy.
CS = Overpowered.

Yes, the formula for HC(CS) aiming should be reworked.
It's the most useful and accurate plasma weapon in the game, and it's capable of hitting a target that it doesn't even have targeted 8|
A rare gatlin should be introduced, but should BY NO MEANS AT ALL be as, or more powerful than cursed soul.

NS_CHROME54
25-10-03, 17:27
there is a difference between the doombeamer and malediction; malediction does both force and energy damage, while doombeamer does pure energy damage (uber vs. spies).

And i like that one idea, the Ion Cannon for tanks. But i'm thinking more, it looks like a parashockball, and moves at the same speed, but has same damage and RoF as malediction, and does energy and xray damage.

Dribble Joy
25-10-03, 17:28

Judge is okay, because of PE PA and nothing else (SA + SF + Exp reflex 4 + PE PA = Judge = "okay, all other setups are for druggies or fools")

If you want me I'll be in the pub crying into my b33r. :(

Dunno why you put in the EXP reflex 4, unless you're using the PEPA3

My setup, wasn't that bad before PEPA.. was it?

Shadow Dancer
25-10-03, 19:04
haha I was about to respond to that list, but you beat me to it QD. :)

Dont Mess
25-10-03, 19:21

RoG is great.

And no AoE.

Lies.
Wyatt Earp is useless.
Ray of Last Hope is nice, but useless to spies and really only accessible to PEs with SA who are willing to drug.

u obviously dont play a spy, py rifle spy on pluto owns mroe with a FL then a rog and now i have apistol spy on saturn are u kiddin me man LOL THE SLASHER if 1 of the best fukin weapons owns every class apart from ppus.

Silent hunter lol its uber i op wars whats wrong with u

beam of hell ARE U MAD ok it sa bit slow but if u cap it and yr fast u can own a TANK EASY if its x heated

ray of last hopw is also good if u get the rite dmg and freq

tanks have only ONE pvp weapon even if the otehres are shit they can still be used in PVP it would be nice to see a tank pull out a new weapon apart from a CS and i dont think it is that uber its good but id say it needs a bigger clip

Id rather see a pulse laser cannon rtite now then a rare gat but a rare gat would be cool and it should have a black swirlie

QuantumDelta
26-10-03, 05:15
u obviously dont play a spy, py rifle spy on pluto owns mroe with a FL then a rog and now i have apistol spy on saturn are u kiddin me man LOL THE SLASHER if 1 of the best fukin weapons owns every class apart from ppus.
Not my Pistol PE

I doubt I'd even break a sweat killing you, infact, from the "uber knowledge" you show, I probably wouldn't even need to dodge... o_O

Silent hunter lol its uber i op wars whats wrong with u
Uhm.........Ask any REAL Rifle Spy, like Kurai?
Amatures shouldn't be allowed oppinions -_-
RoF or Damage is too low on SH.

beam of hell ARE U MAD ok it sa bit slow but if u cap it and yr fast u can own a TANK EASY if its x heated
"EASY if it's x-heated" ....this shows how much you know, doesn't it? Mods are like slot machines, what might work on one person might not work on another, and if someone is TRULY master of their resists, neither work very well.
Further more, BlackSun, Judge, Tangent Epic Laser Pistol, and Ryker Napalm are more cost effective for the PE.
RoLH is more effective for the spy.
The only REMOTE use for this weapon is ranged combat, and it's not even particularly good at that.

ray of last hopw is also good if u get the rite dmg and freq

However, unlike a Tank, you need to be a defencively somewhat flawed character to use this weapon properly, unless you have SA and the _EXACT_ right setup on a PE.

tanks have only ONE pvp weapon even if the otehres are shit they can still be used in PVP it would be nice to see a tank pull out a new weapon apart from a CS and i dont think it is that uber its good but id say it needs a bigger clip
Not that uber ...meanwhile back in neocron, it's the most powerful PvP weapon in the game once you include the Drop off in RoF on HL because of Mana Drain.

Id rather see a pulse laser cannon rtite now then a rare gat but a rare gat would be cool and it should have a black swirlie
Typically, it would get a WHITE, swirlly, since it's a force pierce non-sniper weapon.
Disruptor based weaponry get pinky/purple.

Black? "| \/\/4|\|+ +3# |_|84|2 +4|\||< \/\/3 5#0|_||_|) |>\/\/|\| (|_|Z 0V +3# 5+0|27|_||\|3" ?
Gimme a break....

Dont Mess
26-10-03, 13:00
mayb u should think QD xheat rite now is the best mod on a pistil it has ripped through ever tank xray does nothing every1 knows that u need 114 xray ut no1 knws how much fire 2 have or what armr setup 2 use. i agree sh is slow. and slasher owns most PEs in 3 bursts which takes like 3 or 4 seconds coz its insanly fast

QuantumDelta
26-10-03, 16:37
mayb u should think QD xheat rite now is the best mod on a pistil it has ripped through ever tank xray does nothing every1 knows that u need 114 xray ut no1 knws how much fire 2 have or what armr setup 2 use. i agree sh is slow. and slasher owns most PEs in 3 bursts which takes like 3 or 4 seconds coz its insanly fast *Smacks his head against a wall repeatedly*

FIR CON Cap is also 114.
EVERY CON CAP IS 114. O_O

I'll have to get junkie to fire his Slasher against me.

Dont Mess
26-10-03, 16:40
no what im saying not many tanks put 114 xray and fire

most tanks make sure their xray is 114 but seen as u get fire armor u dont really put 114 fire

what server u play on i will shoot u with my slahser

im on saturn

QuantumDelta
26-10-03, 16:44
Uranus, Primarily.

XRR Up to about 105, Some XRR Bones, Some FIR/ENR+PPR+Inqui/Dura split on armor *shrugs*

Vid Gamer
26-10-03, 21:59
no what im saying not many tanks put 114 xray and fire

most tanks make sure their xray is 114 but seen as u get fire armor u dont really put 114 fire

what server u play on i will shoot u with my slahser

im on saturn

Hm, I have all my resists at 150 minus Poison with implants+bones+base+armor.

Hagbart
27-10-03, 01:38
Through all your talk about cannons, you neglect to mention that the cursed soul is the most powerful direct fire weapon over time in the game.
Period....
Even lupus, has agreed, that the cursed soul is slightly (talking 5%) overpowered.

RoG is great.

And no AoE.

Holy Lighting is the most powerful direct fire weapon in the game. If we leave spells out of this, then yes, the CS is the most powerful direct fire weapon in the game *assuming every shot lands*. And the theoretical max damage output of a CS is only about 10% higher than that of for instance a RoLH that has a much higher probability of performing close to this max than the CS, not to mention a clip size and fire mode that makes it spend less time reloading, meaning more damage over time.

You also go so far that you say the FL is *useless*. The FL does 5% less damage than a CS, is a lot easier to cap aim and don't have the extremely harsh runspeed penalties of cannons. If the FL is useless, then the CS is certainly just as useless.

And the disruptor only being of real use to spies? Well, exactly what difference does that make when comparing the power of the weapon? The CS is only useful for Tanks, the HL is only useful for APUs.

Anyway, I would say that at least the RoG, FL, PE and Disruptor are good enough to be used in their own special situations. The SH might also be good, but I never really played a lot with the SH so I can't comment on that really.

Lies.
Wyatt Earp is useless.

Well, the PEPA exists, people use it, so that means the judge is okay. Or a spy could choose to use it and it would still be an okay weapon. And why would the RoLH be useless to a spy? I guess I can agree that a rifle spy probably is a better path than pistol spy, but the pistol in itself isn't shabby.

Fire Apoc is underpowered.
No rare poison beam.
APU Barrels are useless.
Antibuff is useless.
Holy Anti-buff is useful but not all that ubar.
Holy Lightning is slightly overpowered.

Two usable rares.. o_O

Why are the barrels useless? Well, I guess since the holy energy barrel might be better, but that is because the HEB is over powered, not because the rare barrels are crap. I'd say that pretty much every reason that can be given to say the rare barrels are bad can be used about the AE cannons as well. Holy pestilence is the only rare that deals poison damage, that can have some uses. And the fact that there are no rare poison beams doesn't make the H-C rares any better does it?

Almost all the melee is useless.

Yup, melee is as close to useless as it gets. :/

Yes, the formula for HC(CS) aiming should be reworked.
It's the most useful and accurate plasma weapon in the game, and it's capable of hitting a target that it doesn't even have targeted 8|
A rare gatlin should be introduced, but should BY NO MEANS AT ALL be as, or more powerful than cursed soul.

Well, I would much rather see a tank cannon that has fast aiming and hits what you aim for instead of something that sends shots flying all over the place.

Anyway, my only reason for wanting to see a more powerful direct fire cannon is simple. Tanks have become probably the weakest/least useful class in Neocron. It's also feels like it's one of the least played, even if pretty much everyone probably have made a tank on one of the multi char servers at some point. In a game like this, "most people" will always choose to play the class that they see is doing good. As soon as one class starts to be a lot less played than others it can be taken as a very clear sign that the class is falling behind in power relative to the other classes. You can post all the numbers and setups you want, but in practice this is what is happening to the tank now.

And it doesn't matter if someone posts that they saw player x of profession y beat player z of a different profession. You got to look at the server population as a whole, and the tank class is falling behind the rest. Well, everyone seems to be falling behind monks, but I guess that is another discussion.

Dont Mess
27-10-03, 02:57
dont eva say RoLH is useless i was on my pstol spy spy vs spy i killed the other spy in under 5 seconds and wen i ised slasher and he used RoLH i died in 2 secs that gun is overpowered tank got not many PEs use it i doubt they can cap it tho

Vid Gamer
27-10-03, 04:43
Maybe when the next patch comes out in two months we'll see something. :rolleyes:

Dont Mess
27-10-03, 13:47
i doubt KK will add anything new and where did u read it said 2 months

QuantumDelta
27-10-03, 13:58
Sarcasm, :p

As for your replies to my last...
I guess I can't teach everyone -_-

Stigmata
27-10-03, 14:08
Hm, I have all my resists at 150 minus Poison with implants+bones+base+armor.

FOR PRC FIR ENR XRR POR

147.5 137.0 146.2 151.9 153.8 149.4

72.84% 71.96% 72.68% 73.16% 73.32% 72.92%

that is my total resist %, 150 is a nice target to aim for.

leaving:-
remainder of plain Damage (PvP)
9.05% 9.35% 9.11% 8.95% 8.89% 9.03%

kind of off topic but this thread has been for like 5 pages.

Andy

ME WANTY MORE TANK WEAPONS

Lanigav
27-10-03, 14:12
I think a rare gatling cannon should do PvP damage roughly the same to the Cursed Soul (and for obvious reasons, more damage to mobs), because even with aim capped, you rarely get all 4 shots to land per burst. Also, you have to have a decent aim on anything in order to hit it, and missed hits won't land at all, unlike the CS. They could make it high TL like the Moonstriker to make it harder to cap so only capped tanks with PA 3 can cap damage and have to drug to cap aim.

QuantumDelta
27-10-03, 14:13
On a 370/min weapon....right....okay..............

Doesn't anyone give a crap about REAL balance anymore? :/

Dribble Joy
27-10-03, 14:20
Originally posted by stigmata
FOR PRC FIR ENR XRR POR

Andy

This on a tank or a PE? cos for a tank that's shite.
my PE gets almost those values. (does that mean she's shit?)

Stigmata
27-10-03, 14:22
Tank... and a PE should get better results than this especially with buffs.

p.s how much does you tank take from a CS burst unbuffed ?

Andy

edit/

errrr.......we're about 30 points behind those according the maths he ran it by....

eh ?

QuantumDelta
27-10-03, 14:22
errrr.......we're about 30 points behind those according the maths he ran it by....

Lanigav
27-10-03, 14:23
On a 370/min weapon....right....okay..............

Doesn't anyone give a crap about REAL balance anymore? :/

Okay, I admit it. I'm a power hungry gatling whore. :p

My opinion is moot anyways, as I'm sure KK will properly balance any new tank rares they make (at least after a few concurrent patches :p)

Stigmata
27-10-03, 14:27
@ QD i believe the maximum a PE can get the damage percentage down to is 7.3% self buffed ?

Andy

QuantumDelta
27-10-03, 14:28
Stig - I'm refering to the somewhat flawed stuff from ems.ru, Most PEs will end up;

Almost as fast as a Tank which has skilled for speed, with lower HP and close to those base resists.
Faster than a Tank which has skilled for speed, with lower HP and less close to those resists.

In terms of combined resist points, PEs, typically end up about 30 less in each field, or so.
Shelter, of course, takes them over that, for a two minute period (exclusion POR/FOR, no PEs really get to skill POR because otherwise they'll get raped thoroughly), FOR, PEs cap easily.

Lani -- KK didn't think about the PPU Sanctums they added particularly well.
They all have 6m range.
This makes true sight absolutely useless (speaking, the most useless rare in the game, most probably...)

Stig - Depends on ATL/HLT the PE wants.
Also, depends on the PSI Ability of the PE.

IMO it balances though since Tanks are massively more capable in terms of offence. (Providing they can aim for crap :p)

Lanigav
27-10-03, 14:31
Lani -- KK didn't think about the PPU Sanctums they added particularly well.
They all have 6m range.
This makes true sight absolutely useless (speaking, the most useless rare in the game, most probably...)

When you're right, you're right.

Dribble Joy
27-10-03, 14:41
I have over 130 (some above 140) in each total armour on my PE, (exept POR of course) Piercing and force are obviously in the 170 odd area.
Is this shit I don't know? help....

QuantumDelta
27-10-03, 14:48
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
I have over 130 (some above 140) in each total armour on my PE, (exept POR of course) Piercing and force are obviously in the 170 odd area.
Is this shit I don't know? help.... You're doing the whole CON Points X *.9 + Armor Points = Combined Points thing for this...right?

87 ENR/75 FIR/Xray Bones + Crahn Holy Shelter Boots + Your CON.. I suppose it's possible, but remember I still think Xray bones are bugged so haven't really included them unless you are :p

Dribble Joy
27-10-03, 15:00
I don't use the shelter boots anymore since I use the PEPA4, got meh MOVEON so I use the heavy inq boots. With heat 1 I have 72 (I think) energy with 78 energy armour, 50-something FIR with 90-odd armour, about 103 XRR and head/arm gamma bones. Capped FOR of course with about 60 in force/piercing from armour.

//edit I don't know the exact values as I have been without t'internet since wednesday.

//editedit

Orginally posted by QuantumDelta
You're doing the whole CON Points X *.9 + Armor Points = Combined Points thing for this...right?

Is thast the right method? I thought (as per ems.ru) that above 103, resists are 'worth' more. 114 res = 119 armour?

Lethys
27-10-03, 15:13
I think tanks should get:

Flak Cannons: Tank version of Terminator/Wyatt, single shot, heavy piercing damage, can stack fire/xray if modded

Rare Gatlin: Ought to be around TL100. according to .ems.ru, a TSG does 144 damage per bullet, so for the rare i'd say about 170-180.

Rare Flamer: Around TL95, ems.ru says the TL70 flamer does 70 damage per round, so about 100 for the rare.

Rail Guns: One shot, long range, good aiming, high damage, very low ROF and high recoil.

Also I like the idea of AOE after-effects. Anyone remember the event where DOY fired missiles at Plaza 1 and everything was on fire? Imagine a fire-modded MS doing that :D

Dont Mess
27-10-03, 15:39
some1 mentioned a rare flamer and wen its fired t leaves fire on the ground like a barrel that would be really cool

Vid Gamer
27-10-03, 15:47
FOR PRC FIR ENR XRR POR

Andy

How'd you manage to spare enough points to get 150 Poison?

Stigmata
27-10-03, 18:34
How'd you manage to spare enough points to get 150 Poison?

that is the amount i get including all imps/ armor and con points

Andy

edit/ oh and i gotta re-level 4 con aswell but i aint gonna be assed to do that.

QuantumDelta
27-10-03, 18:41
Rocket......

http://www.seds.org/nodes/rocket-2.gif

Missile

http://mt.sopris.net/mpc/military/v/icbm.spartan.jpg
http://www.spacedaily.com/images/iran-missile-parade-building-bg.jpg

Lanigav
27-10-03, 22:39
Originally posted by Lethys
I think tanks should get:

Flak Cannons: Tank version of Terminator/Wyatt, single shot, heavy piercing damage, can stack fire/xray if modded

Rare Gatlin: Ought to be around TL100. according to .ems.ru, a TSG does 144 damage per bullet, so for the rare i'd say about 170-180.

Rare Flamer: Around TL95, ems.ru says the TL70 flamer does 70 damage per round, so about 100 for the rare.

Rail Guns: One shot, long range, good aiming, high damage, very low ROF and high recoil.

Also I like the idea of AOE after-effects. Anyone remember the event where DOY fired missiles at Plaza 1 and everything was on fire? Imagine a fire-modded MS doing that :D

The problem with rail guns is it would make snipers obsolete. I suggested in a nother thread that there would be a howizter type gun with is both single shot with extremely heavy piercing damage, but low rate of fire, heavy recoil, and mid-range (or long range if snipers get their zoom clip plane fixed).

Vid Gamer
28-10-03, 00:35
that is the amount i get including all imps/ armor and con points

Andy

edit/ oh and i gotta re-level 4 con aswell but i aint gonna be assed to do that.

The most you can get from imps is from a FH2 and that's +15, armor gives you nothing, so you spend 135 base points for Poison? :confused:

Ryleck
10-11-03, 00:58
how about hand grenades that let out barrels

like throw a grenade and out pops fire barrel or something....

DONT LOOK AT ME
*crys*

Vid Gamer
10-11-03, 01:01

DONT LOOK AT ME
*crys*

Rare grenades were another suggestion, too. Grenades are just such a frickin' waste right now.

EDIT: Well, maybe not rare grenades, unless you find whole grenades in mobs so you can get them without techs. If they had techs then it would be pointless building one for a one time use. Either make whole ones drop or sell a stronger set of grenades in stores.

ben77890
10-11-03, 01:12
Tanks have to much shit anyway...THINK OF THE PE'S :mad:

Dont Mess
10-11-03, 01:47

DONT LOOK AT ME
*crys*

i think thats gonna be the TG epic called the Freedom Launcher

rubaduckythug
11-11-03, 02:03
I agree with a lot of ppl about tanks needing somthing besides a CS for pvp, i mean i never use a MAL or a DB not even for lvling, id rather use my speedy for lvling and im sure thats wut most other tanks do as well unless they'r using a tpc. Wut good is a damn MAL or DB for pvp??? look at spy's and pe's they have a nice variety in rifle and pistol's to use in pvp, and dont try and say that we could use them too... tanks are either HC or MC, not pistol or rifle, and everyone knows that pe's and spy's are either pistol or rifle and so on... so comon give us tanks atleast another rare pvp weapon :)

Bl1nd
04-01-04, 00:02
give us a melee tl 120 weapon that can slash some real ppl

and give us mods for melee weapons

\\Fényx//
04-01-04, 00:03
Originally posted by Bl1nd
give us a melee tl 120 weapon that can slash some real ppl

and give us mods for melee weapons

Give is a B... U... M... P...

YoDa-UK
04-01-04, 12:10