PDA

View Full Version : The point of life?

CryptoChronic
22-10-03, 18:38
Anyone ever wonder what our point is on this planet... what is the point of working hard to become successfull only to die and be forgotten.... this life never ends and their is no point to it i just dont understand... so what do all you ppl think bout life?

*ph33r*
22-10-03, 18:40
To experience. Then die I guess.

Pi-Oh-Pah
Life is a MMORPG played by the Gods from Discworld

:eek:

Lexxuk
the purpose of life, is to nerf every drom!! honest

Ferabukoo
22-10-03, 18:46
eat. sleep. shit. die.

always remember...

you are always dying :(

sparrowtm
42. Will people never learn. o_O :rolleyes:

Ulle
The point of life is to continue your blood line on so that you live on in your children, your children's children...etc etc

Pi-Oh-Pah
22-10-03, 18:49
Originally posted by Ulle
The point of life is to continue your blood line on so that you live on in your children, your children's children...etc etc

Bugger that - 1 life time is enough

Candaman
22-10-03, 18:51
CC u been hitting the lysol again??

A bit like neocron there is no point to life u jsut have to try and cap ur char and kill all the other mofo's out there!!!

Oh and take over city's

Arnie knows the score ;)

Nexxy
22-10-03, 18:53
to be good so you can see jebus

=Chojin=
22-10-03, 19:04
this thread is lacking religion....YAY!!!

Ch0

Progenitor
22-10-03, 19:07
What makes you really think that there is a point to all of this?

I'll let you in on a little secret - there isn't one.

No matter how many gods we create, religions, philisophys, etc., etc. in the end it comes down to us not able to grasp that there is no point. We create the belief that there is something more, because the concept o,f this is all there is, is too overwhelming to contemplate.

The fact remains that the creation of the universe is still a unexplainable coincedence.

We exist. Plain and simple.

-p

Breschau
22-10-03, 19:07
There isn't a point to life, it just is.

I suppose you could look at it that the point is whatever point you want it to have.

But I prefer the first version.

Chances are, sooner or later, the entire human race will become extinct. In which case you'll no longer be living on in your children. Which to my mind makes 'living on' in your children pretty much the same as your bloodline ending with you.

=Chojin=
22-10-03, 19:09
Originally posted by Breschau
There isn't a point to life, it just is.

OMG me and freinds came to that exact conclusion :D

Ch0

Shadow Dancer
22-10-03, 19:09
Whatever you want it to mean.

Napalm82
22-10-03, 19:12
42 is the final answer to Life shit and everything, and earth is a giant computer to figure out what the final question is.

Sadly the earth will be destroyed to make place for a interstellar freeway.

(Douglas Adams)

- Napalm

sparrowtm
22-10-03, 19:13
Originally posted by Napalm82
Sadly the earth will be destroyed to make place for a interstellar freeway.

So what ? It was announced some thousands years ago - we could've looked at the interstellar highway blueprints on Alpha Centauri since ages !

J. Folsom
22-10-03, 19:14
The point of life is to have fun, more fun, and even more fun. Which is what I've been saying for the last ten years, but it's amazing how few people actually get this point and start having as much fun as they can possibly get.

Mantus
22-10-03, 19:23
Look at it this way.

If there is a point to life, and we are part of some master plan, whether it be given by a powerful being or the random universe; then you are not free. You are just a cog in the machine.

If there is no point to our lives, then we are truly free because we can do whatever we want as the purpose of our existence is not influenced by anything.

Now some might argue that the purpose of our existence is to procreate the species. That is the role nature gave us. While this is true, we do no necessarily need our consciousness to do such an act.

So I suppose the reason your body is here is to get it on and have children. The reason your consciousness is here is a reason you will have to make up yourself.

Phiberdelic
22-10-03, 19:31
Actually the Earth (well our galaxy as-a whole) will be destroyed. I watched it on ethe Discovery channel about how the gravitational pull between Andromeda and the Milky Way, they had a very kewl simulation on what it would look like. Basically Andromeda will rip through the center of our galaxy and then like a yo-yo continue to pass through and back out till the 2 galaxies are basically obliterated. Heres a simple simulation of what it would look like
http://www.cita.utoronto.ca/~dubinski/tflops/tflops.mpg

now of course this wont happen for at least 10 more years...well prolly like 3million.

FuzzyDuck
22-10-03, 19:49
Originally posted by Phiberdelic
Actually the Earth (well our galaxy as-a whole) will be destroyed. I watched it on ethe Discovery channel about how the gravitational pull between Andromeda and the Milky Way, they had a very kewl simulation on what it would look like. Basically Andromeda will rip through the center of our galaxy and then like a yo-yo continue to pass through and back out till the 2 galaxies are basically obliterated. Heres a simple simulation of what it would look like
http://www.cita.utoronto.ca/~dubinski/tflops/tflops.mpg

now of course this wont happen for at least 10 more years...well prolly like 3million.

Ignorance is Bliss

Sokaris
22-10-03, 20:04
I think all the terms from Hitch Hiker's is hilarious.. considering i d/l winfrotz the other day and started playing the good ol infocom text base version of the game. God love that story.. Douglas Adams was a genious.

The meaning of life is what you want it to be.. there is no real answer only speculation based on ones personal experience and growth.

For those that think it's to eat, shit and die i am glad i am not related.. and i think some shouldn't unlike Ulle said have children and have their bloodline extended.. :p

In regards to Phiber's post.. yes that's nature's way of saying.. okay i have l let these peons live long enough let's mess this up a lil.. nerf the bastards..

and besides in the simulation doesn't the final result look so much prettier anyways.. even though both galaxies will be one big milk shake..

Phiberdelic
22-10-03, 20:13
Curious CC, this isnt one of those cries-for-help is it? Cuz its not that bad CC, j00 is wubed!

Oh and if you think there is no point to being on this planet anymore, I have one word for you "poon"

Gotterdammerung
22-10-03, 20:14
Originally posted by Candaman
CC u been hitting the lysol again??

Now thats hilarious. Only once did I ever hear about lysol before. A homeless guy on the streets of Toronto told me he used the money he got to mix lysol, orange juice and water to get high from, and he WAS serious.

Original monk
22-10-03, 20:14
This is a very serieus question so i dont know why i typed lol as a titel (i do know why: to see jebus LOL). But serieus, i have asked myself that question many times and i still didnt found a plausible answer, yust like the cavemen didnt knew it back then, i still dont know "why" at this very same moment...
I do know one thing: i been put here on this weird planet between a bunch of other people atleast as weird as i am. Until now im still not dissapointed here in this so called "life" i even enjoy myself here on this cosey little planet so i decided to make the best of it (read have the most fun in it :P) and i must say thats working pretty good till now :)
I am not religious but i respect every religion, so i dont believe in heaven or hell or anything, but i know that in india they believe in reincarnation (i dunno about it but it sounds cool) so if i gonna be reincarnated i wonna be a dolphin (dont laugh, they look sweet but are crazy hunters :P) and thats about it i can say cause now i gotta go eat like every day :)

[
[--------> with other words: a whole lotta chitchat but no real answer to youre question <---------

enjoy playing in this game called "life"

Lathuc
22-10-03, 20:16
and won't that galaxie thing happen so far in the future we won't be alive unless there is a eternity drug invention (one can dream hehe)

oh and there is no meaning to life unles you wan't it to have a meaning which is your choice :rolleyes:

jernau
22-10-03, 20:17

That is the most horrible and depressing thought I can imagine.

Live fast, die young, leave an unidentifyable corpse.

Sanch0s
22-10-03, 20:19
We are just like any other animal, we are nothing more we are just more intelligent and destructive to the planet, we are here to carry on our race, i believe.
But then if we are here just to carry on our race what use is a gay man????:confused:

After reading this it makes me sound like im admitting im gay, just like to clarify that im not :P

MrBane
22-10-03, 20:23
Purpose Of Life:

Immediate Objective

To ensure that you make your life as enjoyable, and as rewarding as possible, by firstly gaining a secure employment prospect, with enough financial reward to allow you to fully enjoy your lesiure time.

Then using that finance to go places, meet people, see new horizions and fulfill your desires.

Bloodline Objective

To ensure that your offspring have a safe, secure, content and happy upbringing, in an environment, that whilst under your control, is a warm place to be. Ensure that they are loved and cared for as you wish you were as a child.

Then they too may continue on in their life as you did, and complete the circle with the knowledge you have taught them.

Utopian Objective

To create a perfect society, where everyone can work alongside everyone else, and friends have no boundaries, through neither race, colour nor creed.

That peace is the final mark, and not War, not Hate, but peace.

That's my opinion anyway.

kurai
22-10-03, 20:23
heh

The Sun will move away from the Hertzprung-Russell main sequence before the Milky Way starts to significantly interact with Andromeda.

Either way there won't be a bunch of monkey shaped self-replicating molecules there to comment on it :D

kurai
22-10-03, 20:26
Originally posted by Sanch0s
But then if we are here just to carry on our race what use is a gay man????:confused: Everyone needs nice curtain designs :D

Vince Kyzar
22-10-03, 20:27
Originally posted by FuzzyDuck

Ignorance is Bliss

it sure is.

i'd say that the purpose in life is to live.

Benjie
"point" is somthing our species created, so any point to existance anybody can come up with is standing on extremely shaky ground. If there is a point to exsistance then we would have created it, and it would be ours exclusivly. (in the sence that even if we teach another species our method of communication and then tell them our points of exsistance and they "agree" then the point will only be to us and the alien species) Then there are always individual exceptions. I guess the exception is the reason there is always going to be war in one form or another. What are the names of your loved ones? Do you think my dog cares? Nooooooo!!!!!!!! Thats because even if dogs have developed the concept of "point" then because of evolutinary reasons his point of exsistance is going to differ somewhat from yours. Basicly it's all in your head any anybody who shares it with you. It dousn't exsist outside of that.

Do you agree? I think my argument is solid.

jernau
Originally posted by kurai
Everyone needs nice curtain designs :D

And Holywood needs comedy sidekicks for all it's detective shows.

Clothing_Option

Thats basically true for most of humanity...but ultimatley there is no real point....but that should not lead to nihilisim....the only point that i see is to make your life significant and thus have some meaning by helping others.....thats it

J. Folsom
22-10-03, 20:28
Originally posted by Phiberdelic

now of course this wont happen for at least 10 more years...well prolly like 3million. I always notice that even the weather prediction can often be wrong, and that's usually about tomorrow, so trying to say that something will definitely happen in 3 million years is a bit silly, isn't it?

kurai
22-10-03, 20:30
Originally posted by J. Folsom
I always notice that even the weather prediction can often be wrong, and that's usually about tomorrow, so trying to say that something will definitely happen in 3 million years is a bit silly, isn't it? Err ... no. Not really.

Going back to Hitch-Hikers you need to get yourself a sense of scale/perspective (and a nice hot cup of tea)

Benjie
22-10-03, 20:30
Basicly what I said is everybody has there own point of exsistance, but I handed in solid evidence to back up my case.

So ******************ers point of exsistance (what drove him to do what he did) was not "wrong". The conclusion of his point of esistance was somthing that contrasted with almost everybody elses point of exsistance. ie personal survival or to abide by there own moral desicions. (which also exsist due to evolutionary reasons)

Thats yet another peice of evidence to show how much evolution is incredibally fucking cruel. I'll add it to the fact that everything bad that can happen WILL* happen, and survival of the fitest. (which is obviously cruel)

*This is horrible and I hate saying it, but if white people hadn't enslaved black people then we wouldn't have learn't what we know today. We would have just learnt it later on by witnessing some species enslaving some other species or race and letting that run through. Even though I hate saying it I think that it is true. Everything bad we do we learn from, no matter how drastic, and so if we don't know any better we will probabally do it, eventually. It's evolution, and it's cruel.

J. Folsom
22-10-03, 20:32
Originally posted by kurai
Err ... no. Not really.Hah, that's what the little green men want you to think!

Going back to Hitch-Hikers you need to get yourself a sense of scale/perspective (and a nice hot cup of tea) Eh, no thanks, I know the detrimental effect of having a good sense of scale/perspective.

jernau
22-10-03, 20:33
Originally posted by Clothing_Option
Thats basically true for most of humanity...but ultimatley there is no real point....but that should not lead to nihilisim....the only point that i see is to make your life significant and thus have some meaning by helping others.....thats it

And what's wrong with nihilism?

Please don't accept the common and ignorant misconceptions of what nihilism is and means.

msdong
22-10-03, 21:12
Originally posted by CryptoChronic
... what is the point of working hard to become successfull ...

uhhhh, livin' forever is working forever...

the point of livin is to get loved by as much ppl as possible.
if its you girlfriend of you boss (i love him for workin that hard).

Clothing_Option
22-10-03, 22:25
Originally posted by jernau
And what's wrong with nihilism?

Please don't accept the common and ignorant misconceptions of what nihilism is and means.

ok throw me a bone what does it mean to u

Spoon
22-10-03, 22:27
The point of life as we know it, is to Procreate

Yep, it all comes down to having children and nurturing them into adulthood.....

Isn't it interesting that the answer to one of mankinds greatest questions, basically boils down to something as simple as getting laid?

Seezur001
22-10-03, 22:53
People always try to come up with the answer to this question, there is no answer. People look to the stars and search for answers, people look in books writen ages ago for answers, and the only ans they find is one they intrepret from someone else's views.

No one knows why we are here, we were created by a fluke of nature.

what people dont realize, there is no point in life unless Humans as a group step up and make a point. There are other planets with other "Intelligent" beings on it. But we are so closed minded as a race most dont admit it to be true.

Until all humans can work together as a group, there will be no point. Until we stop fighting each other, producing weapons ment only to kill others who threatin us, we will never be able to evolve past the point we are now.

The point in life for truly Intelligent beings is to evolve, not to continue life as it is.

evs
22-10-03, 23:24
the purpose of life is to constantly remind me that im better than all of you :D

ichinin
22-10-03, 23:27
"Life is the universe way of trying to figure itself out." (Old Unix fortunecookie)

personally, i'm more with Slartibartfast, the universe will be born, grown up and die, several times - and just thinking about the endless cyckles in time makes me depressed:

1. *Ka-bang* Universe is born
2. A star capable of sustaining life (Class K or lower) is born.
3. Chemicals go together under some lightning and life is created.
4. Intelligence show up: "Cogito ergo sum, lets make spaceships"
5. "What do you mean by 'the universe is shrinking'?"
6. *Schhllllurp!* Universe is crushed.
7. Goto 1

greendonkeyuk
23-10-03, 00:28
Well, wow, what a deep thread, before i waffle on about my opinion to the meaning of life etc ill point you all towards a book called the Celestine prophecies. If you havent read it its worth a read, even if you dont believe it. its the closest ive come to understanding what all "this" is about. however i remain scheptical (spelling?). Therefore my basic philosophy is this, why waste time trying to figure out what it all means when you could spend your 90 (ish) years of life having as much fun as is humanly possible? By fun i mean whatever way you choose to spend it, provided its not detrimental or harmful to others. Im not about to spout free world, peace n love bullshit but as long as im having fun and im not hurting anyone (physically or emotionally) then what am i bothered about? i doubt anyone is gonna figure it all out in my lifetime so whos to say i cant enjoy what time i do have here and surround myself with the things that make me smile the most. That to me is the meaning of my life. to find one thing to smile at each and every day.

CryptoChronic
23-10-03, 01:44
whenever i try to have fun something is always trying to stop me..... there is no such freedom in this world. fuck cops and fuck people

QuantumDelta
23-10-03, 01:54
Hmm..
Biological (Physical);
To pro-create.
To further your genetic code.

Philosophical (non-religious);
Beyond the meaning of physical life, there is the meaning of conciousness.
People wonder what is the meaning of being concious, (what is the meaning of concious life?).
Well, since almost everything the concious mind is an attempt to keep the concious mind sane, trying to rationalise the meaning of concious life is also an attempt to keep the mind sane.

This is a REALLY REALLY rough version of the theory I thought up, but basically;
The meaning of concious life, is the ponder the meaning of concious life.
Because it keeps the mind busy, sane, along with everything else we do in our structured/semi-structured lives.

Religious;
To please ones God, in the hopes to attain a level of purity in which will allow ones self to progress onto the next level of existance (be that heaven in christianity or a higher form of existance in Buddhism).
Again, the religious side of this meaning can be seen to reflect the philosophical one laid out above in some ways.

Hope that wasn't too complex :D
...Now...back to my PPU post...

Lexxuk
23-10-03, 02:10
The simple meaning of life is, there is no meaning to life. Its like you wake up one morning, and life is there, one day, you wont wake up, and life will be gone, your life will have had no meaning in the big picture, but to those around you, who care for you, your life had meaning to them, your presence had meaning to them, and to be honest, is anything more important than that? well, except sex wiv droms :p

{MD}GeistDamnit
23-10-03, 03:16
Originally posted by Progenitor

No matter how many gods we create, religions, philisophys, etc., etc. in the end it comes down to us not able to grasp that there is no point. We create the belief that there is something more, because the concept o,f this is all there is, is too overwhelming to contemplate.

The fact remains that the creation of the universe is still a unexplainable coincedence.

-p

Amen.

That was allways my philosophy as well.

nihilist
23-10-03, 03:40
Wow, this thread has been suprisingly mature (so far). The meaning of life is of course getting some sweet, sweet poontang (aka making babies), but hey thats no fun (at least the baby part) so people have to make it all complicated "oh you have to pray and go to church so you can go to heaven" or "you must learn and become enlightened" etc. It's all real silly how people have to blow life out of preportion and make it some giant holy, sacred thing, when in fact life is really worthless these days. Think, theres what, 6 billion people in the world? That means you are 1 out of 6 billion ordianry, unimportant people. SOOOO, with that in mind, there's 2 choices: A) Deppresive self destruction B) Happiness. Nihilism is, or can be, a great thing, contrary to popular belief. Realize that your life really isn't much (you'll die, and then your friends/relatives/children will die, leaving no memory of your existance, and how much could you matter to a populace that knows nothing of you) and you can really enjoy it. As far as we know maybe there is a god, maybe we were made by aliens, but since we don't know at this time why bother living a life based upon silly speculation? Sure you could pray or meditate or something, or you could think for yourself and admit that you do not know whether or not any philosophy or religion is true, and forget all those opressive cults and have fun. Live fast die, young (that way you won't have to waste away working at a boring job).

One last note: religions = teh sux. Why bother VOLUNTARILYILY being oppressed, offering yourself to some mindcontrol scam. If you aren't thinking for yourself, you aren't thinking. If you aren't living for yourself, you aren't living.

edit: and fate (IMO, of course) is a bunch of BS. "Oh, well god/buddha/whatever want's me too live this way, I have a part in the "big plan" too (must be a really big plan if 6 billion people are a part of it), so I'll just sit here and rot, never bothering to change". Wow, fun. Drink, fuck, smoke, shoot up, read, sleep, write, talk, draw, learn, play, kill yourself. If it makes you happy do it, it doesn't make a difference anyway.

edit again (last time, I promise): My post in a nutshell: The reason to live is to be happy

iainy13
23-10-03, 03:41
There is a reason to life, and everyone knows it. It is sitting in the back of most peoples minds. Most just chose to ignore becouse it means sacrificing to much. So people chose that there must not be an answer becouse that is alot easier to chose. People just think nahh there isent a reason to living. Even though there is a reason to absolutly everything. How can there not be one for life. Atleast thats what i think. Dont mean to offend anyone but u did ask 4 my opinion.

Marx
23-10-03, 03:45
M.A.D. is my reason for living.

It'll happen one of these days, just you wait.

JackScratch
23-10-03, 04:56
Im going to help all of you out here. We are here to live, love, hate, experience. Our job is to take it all in, process it, then pass it on to those to follow, in whatever way seems most practical. For me, that means not only haveing children, but teaching what I have learned and seen, and hopefuly teaching them how to do the same, and go on to be more than I am.

Life is an experience, and you realy have to get the big picture to see that its not just about passing on your genes. Its about passing on your life. You arent just supposed to continue the spieces, you are supposed to make the spieces better. We arent just individuals, families, towns, reagions, or even the planet. We are a part of something greater, we are a part of all living things, good and bad. You can take the life you have been given, and choose to nothing with it. Perhaps that is even what you are destined for. On the other hand, you can have a profound effect bon the world, make it more than it was. Sadly, some will take the world, and make it less than it was.

I would advise that you accept life as the chalenge that it is. A chalange to take it all in, see it all, do it all. Live life without regrets. Do the things you believe in. You can never go wrong by just being a considerate person.

Vila
23-10-03, 07:11
The point of life is to search the point of the life.

cracky
23-10-03, 07:21
the point of life is to defeat god and then crush everybody you dont like with giant lightning bolts like thor.

BlackDove
23-10-03, 07:23
Point of life is to die.

Vila
23-10-03, 07:26
even the death can be defeated in the future, so what it will be after it?

Original monk
23-10-03, 09:25
Originally posted by Vila
even the death can be defeated in the future, so what it will be after it?

hiya vila long time no seen: i dont think we gonna defeat dead: ever, we try but yust cant :) and if we would defeat dead, who wonna live between all those oldies for sooo long ? not me lol

Owain
23-10-03, 09:28
Masturbation.

Richard Slade
23-10-03, 09:43
When you people understand the meaning of life you'll all die
So don't read on

Meaning

Of

Life

=

NC
(And the production of brain substances9

Vila
23-10-03, 16:24
party all the time and you will never die. Buy the life extencio thing or something. then when u die froze ya and (hopefully) wake you up then when its possible. happy waiting \0/

Wannabe
23-10-03, 16:48
Meaning of life? Hmm.. to find out that what times what is 42 :)

// Wannabe

Breschau
23-10-03, 19:16
Originally posted by iainy13
There is a reason to life, and everyone knows it. It is sitting in the back of most peoples minds. Most just chose to ignore becouse it means sacrificing to much. So people chose that there must not be an answer becouse that is alot easier to chose. People just think nahh there isent a reason to living. Even though there is a reason to absolutly everything. How can there not be one for life. Atleast thats what i think. Dont mean to offend anyone but u did ask 4 my opinion.

Your opinion would mean a little more if we knew what it was you thought that reason was. Might be obvious to you, but it sure isn't to me - I have no way of knowing what you think at either the back or front of your mind, unless you atually explain it. I know what I think I know, but I don't know what you think I know and ignore :)

Originally posted by cracky
The point of life is to defeat god and then crush everybody you dont like with giant lightning bolts like thor.
That'd be zeus. Thor crushes everybody he doesn't like with an oversized hammer - it's more up close and personal and produces a satisfying crunch when it impacts.
You're basically right though. But it's best not to advertise that you know this until you're ready else before you manage to get enough worship and mana, god will throw a few lightning bolts, spread some of that weird fungus and create a volcano under your villagers, before sending in that self-replicating hero in to mop up the remains of your followers (or more recently, he'll send in a giant wolf to kick your trees around and set your sheep on fire).

Nixon
23-10-03, 19:43
Originally posted by Gotterdammerung
Now thats hilarious. Only once did I ever hear about lysol before. A homeless guy on the streets of Toronto told me he used the money he got to mix lysol, orange juice and water to get high from, and he WAS serious.

My little bro took a sip some years ago while we were listening to
music and boozing in a car.. He found a can of lysol somewhere
in the backseat and decided to drink. 2 gulps and 15 seconds
later he was puking his guts out behind the car :P

Dribble Joy
23-10-03, 19:49
The meaning of life is not 42.
The answer to the Ultimate Question is 42.
The Ultimate Question was to be calculated by Earth untill the Golgofrincians (sp?) came along and fucked it up. Then the Earth was destroyed.
The altered Ulimate Question is 'What is 6 times 9?'.

To say there is or is not a meaning of life is equally niave.
To some people, licking donuts may be the meaning of life. What if they met another who's meaning of life was to lick donuts? Would they further thier genes by producing donut licking babies? No. They would simply lick donuts, as this is thier meaning of life.

When QD said he worked out the meaning of life when he was about 15, I said 'Oh, really? Cool.'
I my head I laughing my tits of, not at the age thing, but that he thought that you could define it at all. (No offence mush)

You canot define the meaning of life, as it is different for everyone, and not every one may have one. The whole concept is misleading and centred too much one peoples self concerns, and assuptions about society and the individual. As said, saying there is no meaning of life is also silly, as some obviously do have a reason d'etre. (sp?)

I have probably, contradicted myself several times, and argued against the point I was trying to make. If I didn't, then you are either stupid, or I have failed.

P.S. WTF is lysol?

ichinin
23-10-03, 20:06
Originally posted by Marx
M.A.D. is my reason for living.

Magnetic Anomally Detection?

Marx
23-10-03, 20:07
Mutually Assured Destruction.

http://www.duotone.com/coldwar/abm/images/msr.jpg

http://www.duotone.com/coldwar/spacerace/images/16blockhouse.jpg

Cold War Leftovers. (http://www.duotone.com/coldwar/)

Matthew.v.smith
23-10-03, 20:34
Agree With Ulle.

The purpose of life in my oppinion is to have children,pass away,your children then go on to have more Children and it goes on like this never ending cycle of life before Death as long as your children have children u wont really be forgotten u only Truly die once ure children no longer have kids.

And who knows what happens when u are dead and buried??
maybe u start the Evolution all over again?

you get Devoured by Worms>>>>>gets eaten by Bird>>>>bird has a baby = U (Because the worm carried some of your Genes)>>>>>this happens untill your back as an Human again (think about it and it makes sence) again or if something goes wrong the cycle starts up again (worm , Bird etc etc)

Thats is how i would like it to happen at least and it seems crazy enough to be beleivable?

please reply to this.

Matty

Anyone anyone?:angel:

I actually am being serious here so dont mess about and try and upset me or i pwn u ^_^

Dribble Joy
23-10-03, 20:56
Read my post, then read yours, then read mine again.

Hopefully, you will come to the conclusion that you are right and yet horribly niave and wrong at the same time.
Either that or I'm wrong.

Christ I sound like QD :p (no offence again)

Marx
23-10-03, 20:57
You're all wrong.

We all live and die for M.A.D.

Sing its' praises! Fear the atomic spark!

Dribble Joy
23-10-03, 21:03
Arg!!!! EXACTLY!!!

Aside from that, you been going here too much marx? http://www.totse.com/

Marx
23-10-03, 21:21
Nope, but it amuses me that the Civil Air Patrol gets its radio signals popped up on there.

As a cadet - all I can say is... people need a life. ONOZ< TEH MARCHING DOODS ARE USIN RAEDOS!!

http://www.totse.com/en/media/radio_scanner_frequency_lists/caphfvhffreque170529.html

:rolleyes:

thadeus
23-10-03, 21:27
There is no meaning of life, if there where we would all be the same.. Life is pure caos and will always be. more or less living life is the power to controle this caos ,money ,power, love , hate ..ext
The harder u think about the meaning of life the more depressed you will become.. all beacause there is no meaning.. so do what feels good to your morals/ ethics, and religion and relize its most likely just as wrong as anyone else's " look at it as your own personal bs story, to describe what u really dont or never will know." dont feel bad cause everyone has there own bs story ..

thadeus
23-10-03, 21:37
and matt u are full of it .. just cause a worm feasts on your rotton corpse, doesnt mean its taking on your dna or gene's thats like saying cause i ate a peice of froot that im going to turn into a apple tree when i die .. life makes life not the other way around u freak lol j/k

Shakari
23-10-03, 21:38
Originally posted by Progenitor

-p

Yup there is a point to it quiete a basic one that any living thing does - reproduce and multiply :)

something use humans do rather well at :)

rob444
23-10-03, 22:27
Make humans smarter, implant nano robots into our brains that boosts our intelligence. Then we create parasites that we send to other planets, these parasites attacks aliens and take over their brain, letting us to control them. Then we will expand in universe to take over more planets and galaxies. Take over all races, RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

*syntax error

Pill
23-10-03, 22:38
Technically Ulle, that COULDN'T be it, you're not garunteed tomorrow, no matter how fond of tomorrow you have grown :)

Style
24-10-03, 00:12
you get Devoured by Worms>>>>>gets eaten by Bird>>>>bird has a baby = U (Because the worm carried some of your Genes)>>>>>this happens untill your back as an Human again (think about it and it makes sence) again or if something goes wrong the cycle starts up again (worm , Bird etc etc)

that makes so much sence.... in a crazy way. i hate to say it but it does :)

but i also agree with the chaos theory, eveything is happning around you and there is not a damn thing you can do about it.
unless you are at the top, but even then. you cannot control other countries, this could go deeper but im not prepared to discuss this here

Benjie
24-10-03, 00:22
[Removed for Flames - Gungnir]

Benjie
24-10-03, 00:35
Test Tube Babies, automated robots, conciousness, and genes.

Ormy
24-10-03, 01:07
I agree with there being no point, just have as much fucking fun as you can without interrupting anyone elses fun.

I knew someone who told me quite an interesting answer to this question:

You live, and you gain experience, which you pass on to your children (or somebody elses) so they are slightly more experienced by 15 than you were, because they have some of your experience. Then they tell their kids. This continues untill one person, or maybe the whole population, have sufficient knowledge and experience, for something special to happen, quite what, i dont have a clue.

Good no? got me thinking anyway.

CryptoChronic
24-10-03, 03:55
then why is everyone so pushy on getting a good future... study hard in school and get a good job and get lots of money well i say fuck that i live life day by day and do whatever i want

Mr Friendly
24-10-03, 04:25
(1)from the religious perspective: ur here on earth to be tested. givin the freedom of choice & tempted by satan, to see if you would choose to go with those temptings, or stay with God.
(2)its a recruitment for the war between heaven & Hell

meanwhile theres many others reasons, such as to inspire others to do things, to find ur true love, etc bla bla

i kinda like what Velvet Acid Christ has one of their songs start out like:
"If there ever were such a God, he would never allow such pain & suffering..........I see people ground up in panic of this world, i see people in anguish! .......I've come to believe we're living in a great void!"

‡ Stormlord ‡
24-10-03, 04:36
...to live is to die...

Marx
24-10-03, 04:49
I will destroy you.

Worship the spark (http://avrtech.home.att.net/antichrist/nuke.gif).

cracky
24-10-03, 05:31
Isn't the spark a transformers soul?

Also all I have to do to get worship and mana is to crush my enemies houses.

wolfwood
24-10-03, 05:49
42, you just arent asking the right question.

TheDuckMan
24-10-03, 06:01
Guys no matter what you guys talk about, its not going to change our meaning or however we came to be. Lets just end this, and live life to its fullest. No matter what just be a good person and live a happy life. Life is to short to think about these things. Lets all go play some neocron and drop this. No matter what we cant change existence. Lets just go have some fun in our lives :)

Shadow Dancer
24-10-03, 06:49
Too true Duckman.

FBI
24-10-03, 10:29
The meaning of life is a infinate paradox of meaningless conclusions.

Instead of the meaning of life, let's think about more important
stuff such as the following:

Do the digits for PI ever end? And if one day it's proved rational,
will this discovery lead to the universe's secrets? (ever watch
the movie PI :) )

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll pop?

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Wha'ts on the other side of a blackhole? Is there an alternate
dimension through this gateway? Is there a planet of the apes
in this dimension? What would happen if a blackhole sucked in
another blackhole, would the universe collapse through two infinate
gateways or would it just increase in size.

Would time travel be possible through wormholes in space?
Steven Hawking thinks so.

Can you imagine the implications of anti-matter?

Can you imagine the implications of darkmatter as fuel?

Just a bit of things on my mind, I'm tired of life.

which brings me to post this song by eminem:

"If I Had..."

Life.. by Marshall Mathers
What is life?
Life is like a big obstacle
put in front of your optical to slow you down
And everytime you think you gotten past it
it's gonna come back around and tackle you to the damn ground
What are friends?
Friends are people that you think are your friends
But they really your enemies, with secret indentities
and disguises, to hide they true colors
So just when you think you close enough to be brothers
they wanna come back and cut your throat when you ain't lookin
What is money?
Money is what makes a man act funny
Money is the root of all evil
Money'll make them same friends come back around
swearing that they was always down
What is life?
I'm tired of life
I'm tired of backstabbing ass snakes with friendly grins
I'm tired of committing so many sins
Tired of always giving in when this bottle of Henny wins
Tired of never having any ends
Tired of having skinny friends hooked on crack and mini-thins
I'm tired of this DJ playing YOUR shit when he spins
Tired of not having a deal
Tired of having to deal with the bullshit without grabbing the steel
Tired of drowning in my sorrow
Tired of having to borrow a dollar for gas to start my Monte Carlo
I'm tired of motherfuckers spraying shit and dartin off
I'm tired of jobs startin off at five fifty an hour
then this boss wanders why I'm smartin off
I'm tired of being fired everytime I fart and cough
Tired of having to work as a gas station clerk
for this jerk breathing down my neck driving me bezerk
I'm tired of using plastic silverware
Tired of working in Building Square
Tired of not being a millionaire

But if I had a million dollars
I'd buy a damn brewery, and turn the planet into alcoholics
If I had a magic wand, I'd make the world suck my dick
without a condom on, while I'm on the john
If I had a million bucks
it wouldn't be enough, because I'd still be out
robbing armored trucks
If I had one wish
I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

I'm tired of being white trash, broke and always poor
Tired of taking pop bottles back to the party store
I'm tired of not having a phone
Tired of not having a home to have one in if I did have it on
Tired of not driving a BM
Tired of not working at GM, tired of wanting to be him
Tired of not sleeping without a Tylenol PM
Tired of not performing in a packed coliseum
Tired of not being on tour
Tired of fucking the same blonde whore after work
in the back of a Contour
I'm tired of faking knots with a stack of ones
Having a lack of funds and resorting back to guns
Tired of being stared at
I'm tired of wearing the same damn Nike Air hat
Tired of stepping in clubs wearing the same pair of Lugz
Tired of people saying they're tired of hearing me rap about drugs
Tired of other rappers who ain't bringin half the skill as me
saying they wasn't feeling me on "Nobody's As Ill As Me"
I'm tired of radio stations telling fibs
Tired of J-L-B saying "Where Hip-Hop Lives"

But if I had a million dollars
I'd buy a damn brewery, and turn the planet into alcoholics
If I had a magic wand, I'd make the world suck my dick
without a condom on, while I'm on the john
If I had a million bucks
it wouldn't be enough, because I'd still be out
robbing armored trucks
If I had one wish
I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

You know what I'm saying?
I'm tired of all of this bullshit
Telling me to be positive
How'm I 'sposed to be positive when I don't see shit positive?
Know what I'm sayin?
I rap about shit around me, shit I see
Know what I'm sayin? Right now I'm tired of everything
Tired of all this player hating that's going on in my own city
Can't get no airplay, you know what I'm sayin?
But ey, it's cool though, you know what I'm sayin?
Just fed up
That's my word

Life is what you make it, not what others have made it out to be.

Do whatever makes you happy and you'll never fail at "life". That's
what it ultimately comes down to. If other's don't appreciate what
you do to be happy in life, then they are unhappy with theirs.

Pleasant dreams.

FBI

CryptoChronic
24-10-03, 13:41
eminem pwns