PDA

View Full Version : MJS You know this .

MayhemMike
22-10-03, 13:49
You know melee tanks need some luv =p . A few clan mates and i have found the way of the melee . Only one thing stoping us (me) is that damn para! Melee should get a holy cath sanc !!!! o nos ! Give the melee some luvin mjs, and i will sexe you with the pink shirt and blue face =p!@ And for once, this is when PPUs really kill PVP.

{MD}GeistDamnit
22-10-03, 13:54
I agree, melee armor should be 100% para resistant. I said this long ago.

Ultima
22-10-03, 13:54
Mike has found the way of the melee, I can vouch for that after 4 hrs of PvP against him at OZ station lol.

But tanks need fixing fullstop atm, although its great fun if you have a PPU next to you.

\\Fényx//
22-10-03, 13:55
GIVE THE MELEE SOME LOVE KTHNX !

MayhemMike
Ya , Those City mercs know how much melee owns right horenicec =p

djskum
Hey Mike, what's the dmg output like on a DG as opposed to a CS? I used melee for a while but only as a hybrid. Just wondering as I'm pretty bored with NC atm. Moving to melee might just perk my interest again!

DjSKum

MayhemMike
22-10-03, 13:57
Well on a tank that isant buffed , about 20-25 dmg per swing . about 10-16 to tank that isant buffed.

ezza
22-10-03, 13:58
yup melee needs love, its not impossible to use, but as back when i was originally melee(back when hybrids roamed about the place) all it took was a parashock to stop me dead, hell even worse in tankocron when everyone had a shock weapons:(

i made a few melee threads and i know Marx also did, but no sign of melee love coming in the imediate future

MayhemMike
22-10-03, 13:59
:D . I'm not pure melee still hybrid but i cap DG . I have enough HC to use a certin HC wepon that i like, but i will not tell you which one =p

Devils Grace
22-10-03, 14:00
ohhh yes

melee is p0wnz0rz

para ruins melee kuz we depend on speed

i know its damn hard to hit us but some ppl can (very few)

so ill join the sex u up with mike

HC tanks are over

and give melee a boost to and ill bring a friend

:lol:

Keyol45743241
22-10-03, 14:05
I remember when I was the only meleetank on Pluto and proceeded to kick Wankers in unsuspecting ways :(

Yes... antifreeze was demanded for the Melee PA - just look at it, what does it do now.... give M-C. What is beyond useless, considering the common meleeimps? :wtf: I don't use a single one of them apart from the BQ stuff (need to have a lot of dex for the Kamidrones :D) and still Cap the devils grace!

Daigotsu
22-10-03, 14:05
*signs the "support the melee tank petition"*

Yeah Melee is 100% fun; surprisingly even more than with pistols...

My experince is in small PvP fights, a melee tank is very nice but in bigger wars its only a matter of time until you get a parashock...
....and as mentioned before then you are as good as dead.

As a melee tank i have also trouble to bash0r very fast chars ....
my nemesis are fast pistol pes ... god damn these $%&§"

Ok, ok i must confess my melee tank is an old char but still a n00b :rolleyes:

MayhemMike
22-10-03, 14:07
see MJS , melee needs luvin =p

{MD}GeistDamnit
22-10-03, 14:11
melee PA having para resist, and some poison fire and xray mods for all bladed weapons would be great. :)

I might even switch to melee and start playing as my tank again :p

CryptoChronic
22-10-03, 14:23
Originally posted by {MD}GeistDamnit
I agree, melee armor should be 100% para resistant. I said this long ago.

whats going to stop h-c tanks from wearing the melee armour just for its para resistance?

Daigotsu
22-10-03, 14:27
Originally posted by CryptoChronic
whats going to stop h-c tanks from wearing the melee armour just for its para resistance?

.... a HC penalty?

\\Fényx//
22-10-03, 14:31

melee PA takes away like 40 HC... thats a mega hit to a CS user, will slightly reduse damage, but a massive hit to ROF and aiming o_O

CryptoChronic
22-10-03, 14:34
ah i was not aware of any minuses .. oops

Thundra
22-10-03, 14:37
but for the reason to be immune to parashock it might eb an even trade

both armours need a speciallyity

melee need para immune

HC PA need heat vision i.e can see stealthers

KRIMINAL99
22-10-03, 14:38
This is just a question, but has anyone tried psi resist lately?

\\Fényx//
22-10-03, 14:39
Originally posted by KRIMINAL99
This is just a question, but has anyone tried psi resist lately?

I heard someone say that psi resist effects damage boost on you.....
doubt it effects parashock atall tbh not tried it tho

Daigotsu
22-10-03, 14:40
Originally posted by Thundra

HC PA need heat vision i.e can see stealthers

wohaa! would be funny but its too hard. but i assume all spys/pes would cry constantly .....

Thundra
22-10-03, 14:43
Originally posted by Daigotsu
wohaa! would be funny but its too hard. but i assume all spys/pes would cry constantly .....

they wouldnt have to actually make it heat vision tho just allows u to see and target the stealthers.

so far spys stealth
pe steal
ppu's get rid of stealth
apu's are glues to ppus so they get stealth uncoverd for em

tanks get owned by stealthers
so the should get this i recon

if not that then make certain weapons have a anti stealth vision scope so u can see em if u go tthe weapon drawn

Scikar
22-10-03, 14:48
I don't think parashocks do energy damage, I think they are the spells that do psi damage. So psi resist reduces the damage you take from parashocks, but it doesn't reduce the effect.

der Ed
22-10-03, 14:54
Same for pistol PEs =)

Original monk
22-10-03, 15:19
so cause you went mellee mayhemmike ya wanna remove the parashock :rolleyes: i heard alot of reasons to remove it but this one is the most funny :D

But actually you are right about the mellee, speed and agility is there only advantage so i think its a very good and balancing idea to make the melleesuit absorb alot of the parashock, so ya still be shocked but with 70% less effect or so...

a good idea in my opinion (not the remove hé)

good luck with youre melleetank,

Mike a.k.a original /spy /monk

KRIMINAL99
22-10-03, 15:27
I did a test once way back in the day and remember it having some kind of cryptic effect. I don't remember this test to well so take it with a grain of salt, but it was like a monk was using chaos queen flamevalanche on me. I had very little fire resist at first, but like max psi resist for a tank. The flamevalanche did normal damage. Then I put on a full suit of inq 3 armour, and instead of doing normal damage for that armour amount it did much less.

Something for someone to test on the test server if they havent already.

JustIn_Case
22-10-03, 17:26
Who is MJS?

Think i saw that name about a year ago ... he was the guy the aliens kidnapped right?

Cryotchekk
22-10-03, 18:15
dont fuck around with DG, PoB pwns more so coz it dont do xray/energy shit that tanks, pe's, spy's, and monks have resists for.

Shakari
22-10-03, 18:26
Originally posted by Cryotchekk
dont fuck around with DG, PoB pwns more so coz it dont do xray/energy shit that tanks, pe's, spy's, and monks have resists for.

yeah it does pierce and force which tanks and PE have even more amounts of than energy, xray or fire or poison lol

spies and monks have heavy deflectors, and in the case of spies the just stealth, ppu's hahaha u gotta be joking, so that leaves the apu, hmm lemmie see fried tank :/

CRAIG DIGGERS
22-10-03, 18:38
*freeze* :p

How much threads have we about parashock now, i wont use the search option cuz its to much ^.^

Cryotchekk
22-10-03, 18:41
Originally posted by Shakari
yeah it does pierce and force which tanks and PE have even more amounts of than energy, xray or fire or poison lol

spies and monks have heavy deflectors, and in the case of spies the just stealth, ppu's hahaha u gotta be joking, so that leaves the apu, hmm lemmie see fried tank :/

err...tanks now usually wear a mix of dura4 and inq, wich reduces energy, wich most people have like 114 base plus say around so from armour = 174 energy. coz everyone puts all str in hc they only have 0 peirce/force resist. u get around 150 peirce resist with all peicre amour (dura4) and less for inq 3 armour. same with resist force.

as with psi's and spy they usually wear some sort of fire/energy belts.

PoB only leave dex free so u can have 120 agil base or if u want more. and coz melle is easyer to cap u can have urslelf peirceresist.

Keyol45743241
22-10-03, 18:54
UnPPUed APUs get mowed down by the dozen by a melee tank with a PoB.

But then... where is an APU without PPU support? :wtf:

{MD}GeistDamnit
23-10-03, 00:38

I wish I could pull up the thread I said it in, but I forgot what one it is. but MC PA should give -200 hc as well.

ezza
23-10-03, 01:03
i wear PA3 which give -25 to H-C, concidering most tanks put as much as they can in heavy , i dont think there gonna start wearing the melee with the HC minuses on it

greendonkeyuk
23-10-03, 01:07
Originally posted by Cryotchekk
err...tanks now usually wear a mix of dura4 and inq, wich reduces energy, wich most people have like 114 base plus say around so from armour = 174 energy. coz everyone puts all str in hc they only have 0 peirce/force resist. u get around 150 peirce resist with all peicre amour (dura4) and less for inq 3 armour. same with resist force.

as with psi's and spy they usually wear some sort of fire/energy belts.

PoB only leave dex free so u can have 120 agil base or if u want more. and coz melle is easyer to cap u can have urslelf peirceresist.

Yup, and all of that armour you mentioned gives piercing and force resist which is what PoB does........... whats your point?

ezza
23-10-03, 01:12
melee damage mods would proberbly sort out most of the probs melee has(withthe exception of parashit err shock)

give us damage mods and a rare baseball bat and most melee tanks would be resonably happy, since we have had less than any other class in game.

sure we aint had nerfs but then you have to be good to get nerfs in the first place

Gungnir
23-10-03, 01:31
--
Please continue this discussion here (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79636)

Thank you.
--
Gungnir