PDA

View Full Version : A treatise on the viability of being Anarchy Breed or Hermitage

Heavyporker
22-10-03, 09:09
We all know that anarch breed are next to homeless, as scattered as sand in a hurricance... some people even have expressed doubt at their ability to maintain cohesion through such tumultous circumstances

I say, fie upon thee, yon weaklings!

In all my travels of the wastelands, I have encountered Anarchy Breed enclaves ( I avoided direct interaction, of course, since their pistols do sting rather terribly and incessantly) that number, in total, three. Not an auspicous number, granted, but the Anarchist is assured of at least a place to go where he will be with like mind. And two of the larger, more organized enclaves have free temporary storage, so you will not lack in that regard either. Then, in another regard, you could become self sufficent (as Anarchy Breed have to be anyway).

And about living solely in the wastelands, what is so wrong or difficult about that? Mute all the custom channels except zone. Then make hard decisions about what will be kept in your gogo. Then forgo all apartments (except, granted, the Storage Cell located in the outzone, a place remote enough to assure the hermit and loner sufficent quietude, then choose your preferred climate - desert, steppe, swamp, canyon, then search out for a sheltered locale. There are far more sturdy constuctions out in the wastelands than one gives thought to. I assure you, with careful thought, your location will not be far from a gogo or GR for external travel. Your topological map will become well-worn and marked with important details for survival, such as publically accessible GRs, public gogos, vehicle depots, if you so wish to own a vehicle, and locations where you can sell and buy things with few questions or interruptions.

Farfetched? No, I say, go look at El Farid village for one. A quiet spot, the outlying buildings at least, no? Gogo and GR nearby, discreet merchants,a multitude of boxes around for storage as well. Lets not forget Educador or Crest or Tawkeen, and those are just the better known places! The skilled eyes of one accustomed to exploration or self-sufficency (though they would be one and the same, some might argue!) would no doubt note J02, B06, B09 for the independently standing gogos. And there are far more!

The swamplands can startle one with their plentitude of abandoned yet sturdy shelter, with many boxes left behind, wonderful places, really. Plus, you might even get to befriend a nomad trader! Quiet and not given to making friendships with the cityfolk, them, but rather endearingly engaging once they warm up to you.

This short thread, I hope, will kindle the fires of independence and wanderlust in the reader's soul.

May the road rise to meet your feet.