PDA

View Full Version : Help plz

sanityislost
22-10-03, 02:10
hey, my explorer has went all ganked on me only shows up with words and links on web sites. have scanned my comp 3 times and have got rid of any viruses it had and have reset the default settings for explorer still isnt fixed. got any ideas how i can fix this

thanx for any help

enigma_b17
22-10-03, 02:12
could u give me a bit more of a detailed description of the problem, possibly post a screenshot :)

sanityislost
22-10-03, 02:43
ok i would show you a pic but every time i try to upload it explorer crashes :(
whats it looks like is the X crap where the pics should be n sometimes like background is just white, all the links n code arnt where the should be so you have to search about abit lol

Skinman
22-10-03, 03:09
You are uploading through IE?

host your pics on a sever and use ftp to up it..

what OS you using?..
what IE version you using?..
what did you install before things going pearshaped and things working?

Also if your ISP supplies different proxy servers, try swaping to an alternative..

enigma_b17
22-10-03, 03:11
aye all that info, although if its ie its obviously windows, so which version? xp/98 etc.

try and get a screenie up somewhere, as its hard to picture wot ur talking about

sanityislost
22-10-03, 03:35
http://www.waaazup.com/p/uploads/5/screen6.JPG

ok there is the pic :) im running windows me, and i havent installed anything in the past week or so,Oh and the explorer version im using is 5.50.4134.0100. tired to get something from the mircosoft site but i cant cause of this prob

enigma_b17
22-10-03, 03:37
dunno if this would have an effect or not, but have u tried fidling around with the encoding? ie go to View > Encoding > selecting different ones from there? does that do anything lol

Darkborg
22-10-03, 03:39
Urgh ME *backs off*

be sure to try a purge of the cache otherwise if that doesent fix it try different browers like Mozilla/firebird (http://www.mozilla.org) if for nothing else to get some updates / fixes from MS

sanityislost
22-10-03, 03:42
did the encode thing still ganked, will try the stuff darkborg spoke of and thanx for the help you guys are giving me :)

NS_CHROME54
22-10-03, 03:43
the browser isn't connecting properly to the stylesheet file. i have the exact same problem with gamespot.com (even tho i'm running win2k, not winME)

it's a pain in the ass i know. i've learned to live with the gamespy problem. but i could never live without the neocron forums. i'm sorry i can't offer any real help, other then maybe trying netscrap, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

enigma_b17
22-10-03, 03:48
just another thing, if u go to tool, try and select the reset web settings button, or go to internet options, and advanced, and look in there make sure u have the decoding options selected etc. If that doesnt work go ere and get latest version of internet explorer 6

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/critical/ie6sp1/default.asp

hopefully if u install the latest version it should correct any problems you are having

sanityislost
22-10-03, 03:55
Heh THANX ALOT PPLZ used mozilla n went to mircosoft to get the explorer 6, worked a treat. and again thanx :) :) :) :) :)