PDA

View Full Version : Planetside

Skinfitz
21-10-03, 23:46
A friend of mine plays Planetside and I said I'd join and have a look.

OMFG how BOOOOORRRIINGG is that?? Its like Quake but more laggy.

KidWithStick
21-10-03, 23:59
Originally posted by Skinfitz

laggy?

i played on the east coast server (im west coast) when there was 6000+ people in the server, and still didnt lag.

if you played it in beta though youll know how it used to be, its changed ALOT since then...it was alot better in beta...back when you could have a like 200 TR vs 200 NC on cyssor at gunuku dropship center, all coming from the two towers and puring into the middle of the base, all a sudden 3 vangaurds would show up and fuckin pwn everyone since they were the most overpowered thing in the game, high ass AOE, powerfull, and shot fast as hell...

then the reavers and galaxy's pouring in to supply reinforcements...damn that game was fuckin fun back then...but when they made it so each empire basically "owns" a whole continent, and making it so you cant both go to the same continent straight from your sanctuary, made it worse...plus when they made it so your team XP is divided among the team, making it so instead of 200 XP points you only got like 18...oretty lame.

plus a buttfuck load of people left the game, basically because of SOE's retarded choices. they really turned a fucking awesome ass game straight into the dirt.

EDIT: i met ALOT of people in there who played NC and reconized my name, and i got alot of DM's saying "OMG IM GONNA OWN YOU LATER IN NC BECAUSE OF THAT!!!!1":lol: :lol: :lol: :rolleyes:

ezza
22-10-03, 01:28
i played it in BETA but it just didnt have enough to make me keep playing it once i would have to pay for it.

it was fun for a while, gave me a little break for NC, but was never gonna keep me away from here.

though the Vanu pwn all:D

KRIMINAL99
22-10-03, 01:30
You have to have like freaking 1 gig of memory for that game to run smoothly. Anyways it gets boring regardless its just like playing UT or somehting except you have to pay monthly.

BlackPrince
22-10-03, 01:38
That game is what you make it. Has yet to bore me, but then the guys I play with don't rush with the Zerg and we have a CR5.

As for lag...huh? You sure you're friends system just couldn't handle it? That game is a resource hog.

enigma_b17
22-10-03, 01:42
quake original multiplayer = best ever lol.....no game is as much fun or has such playability then the quake multi

OTIS
22-10-03, 03:25
SWG>PS:D :D :D

Darkborg
22-10-03, 03:30
NC>SWG>PS i believe is the correct term =p

Nonetheless GOD I LOVE QUAKE. i still play Quake 1 and 3 Arena a lot when im find the time. Theres simply nothing like quake to take out your agressions after a bad day ahhhh.:)

Berzerker
22-10-03, 03:30
Very nice game actually I enjoyed it. I ain't payin $14 US to play a FPS online though. May as well play HL or Tribes fer free.

OTIS
22-10-03, 06:12
no no no all wrong its SWG>NC>PS that is the pwn order and its going to stay like that i said so:p :p

QuantumDelta
22-10-03, 06:21
FS2 TvT > Quake/UT/PS/NC/WX/YZ/AB/CD ...You get the point :p

Skinfitz
22-10-03, 08:48
Originally posted by BlackPrince
As for lag...huh? You sure you're friends system just couldn't handle it? That game is a resource hog.
I installed the demo on my system - P41.9GHz/512MbRAMBUS/Ti4600 with 2Mbit net connection.

Laggy! I'm like PKing people and vehicles on my side because I'm bored and I'm shooting them and I see them vanish and appear behind where they already were - that's lag in action.

What was interesting is once you kill so many on your own side, you get attributed "Grief level 3" whatever that is then your weapons stop working for 30 minutes. BORING!

KidWithStick
22-10-03, 08:52
I installed the demo on my system - P41.9GHz/512MbRAMBUS/Ti4600 with 2Mbit net connection.

Laggy! I'm like PKing people and vehicles on my side because I'm bored and I'm shooting them and I see them vanish and appear behind where they already were - that's lag in action.

What was interesting is once you kill so many on your own side, you get attributed "Grief level 3" whatever that is then your weapons stop working for 30 minutes. BORING!

duuuuuuuuur

are you an american playing on the europe server or visa versa?

Skinfitz
22-10-03, 08:56
Lets see.. I'm a professional network admin..

OF COURSE IM PLAYING ON THE CLOSEST SERVER!!!!

lol :p

22-10-03, 10:21
I like it and it rarely lags for me (Euro server) but I just refuse to pay a monthly fee for it (theyve reactiveated my account for 7 days free trial twice since I quit)

Its almost Teamfortress (what ever happened to TeamFortress 2 anyway?)

Oath
22-10-03, 11:00
Can we stop with the NC > planetside now?

We know planetside is 'different' but its a perfectly good game (personally i hate it).

Enough already.

El_MUERkO
22-10-03, 11:51
Planetside is a great game, I love it to btis, but you need gods own rig to run it.

I dont think of Planetside as better than neocron cause other than the MMO aspect they're two completely diffrent games.

ElisionMuerte - Renegade Legion - Werner
ProlapsedHalibut - The Halibuts - Konried

Bored at work! VIVA HALIBUT! VIVA!!!

:D

GurTjaN
22-10-03, 12:06
otis can u stop spamming the forums with SWG OWNS SWG >>> NC SWG >>> PS !!!111111oneoneone

FOR THE RECORD : THIS IS NEOCRON FORUM NOT SWG

p.s. im gonna kill u if i see you ingame

Al3X
22-10-03, 12:23
Originally posted by GurTjaN
otis can u stop spamming the forums with SWG OWNS SWG >>> NC SWG >>> PS !!!111111oneoneone

FOR THE RECORD : THIS IS NEOCRON FORUM NOT SWG

p.s. im gonna kill u if i see you ingame GO GURT! GO GURT!
do you feel the positive energy? me neither :rolleyes:

anywayz if i wanna play ps or swg then i'd do that.. but i dont.. nc, even though its nerfed to hell and back, still is better then those 2 imo. and i still enjoy playing it after 1+ year.

msdong
22-10-03, 14:52

i think its not laggy. i bet u got the vsync problem.
if u have it looks like u lag but its just the fuckin programming :)

but right its borin'

OTIS
22-10-03, 15:18
p.s. im gonna kill u if i see you ingame

That might be a while...you know why??

CUZ SWG>NC1!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nasher
22-10-03, 16:36
I got a free weeks play this week after having my account canceled for about 4 months.

Since I played last the lag and bugs have got worse, the nasty freezing, memory problems and performance bugs are STILL there. Like when you walk through a door it freezes and loads for 10 seconds, only for it to unfreeze with you dead in the middle of a room full of enemys :o

SOE dont seem to give a shit as long as they get their money. Them sticking intel, nvidia and "pre-order core conbat now" buttons and popups all over just prooves that point :p

(btw the "core combat" addon adds less than some NC patches we've had, and you have to PAY for it) lol

BlackPrince
22-10-03, 17:44
Once I ran it on an a XP 3200 w/ 1 gig pc 3200 ram and a Radeon 9800 Pro 256 the game ran smoothe as hell :-).

icarium
22-10-03, 18:04
planetside is a decent game, the scale is impressive. but it all becomes very very samey. i mean no matter what continent you are on ALL the bases look the same, there are like 4 different (all similiar anyway) base designs.

and it is a big system hog, i would recommend 1gb ram minimum. most of my lag problems went away after that and at the time i was only on single channel isdn.

its worth a go. some of the huuuge battles (and i mean huuuuge 100s of people) one of my most impressive memories was a bridge fight that went on for like 3 hours and was still going when i logged off. but in the end the sameness gets too boring. you hack a base get some xp (not enough) go hack another, while the people you hacked the first base off hack it back etc etc