PDA

View Full Version : Vampire Spells

Ryleck
21-10-03, 20:57
Okay now lets not make these to good

i was thinking it should take a but of the dont damage and restore it to the apu monk over a given amount of time (such as a lvl 3 heals speed) also make it do very little damage, to avoid apus from acting like ppus in combat.

Thats excatly what i dont want. however i think this idea would make life alot easier for apus (u can carry less than 27 trillion meddies =)) i think the sorst one should have like heal sanctum rate and the best one mabey like twice a lvl 3 heal

Your opinions please

Shadow Dancer
21-10-03, 23:59
Due to stupid ppus ruining NC, most people hate all monks now. :rolleyes: I'm pretty sure you're gonna get 50 people telling you apus are fine, or that their overpowered because the other day X ppu/Y apu were pking at cycrow. :rolleyes: It's too bad people can't realize that even though their both monks, apus and ppus are different as night and day and should be considered 2 completely different classes.

ANYWAYS, my point is due to monk hatred atm you're gonna get mostly no votes with "omg apus are overpowered" thrown in there.

Before anything gets added to apus though, I think they should be "fixed". Of course nothing major, just upping poison/fire damage. Lowering energy damage. And cutting range on all spells by half, or slightly more. So I vote no.......for now.

=Chojin=
22-10-03, 00:14
yeah ppl have said b4 about vampire spells... but instead of draining hp cos youve got uber l337 attacking spells to do that already, it should drain either psi power or stamina. or both as a rare.....either way i want a spell that will let me solo hunt without running for cover every 2 seconds and carrying shitloads of medipaks.

Ch0

Ascension
22-10-03, 00:15
Originally posted by =Chojin=
yeah ppl have said b4 about vampire spells... but instead of draining hp cos youve got uber l337 attacking spells to do that already, it should drain either psi power or stamina. or both as a rare.....either way i want a spell that will let me solo hunt without running for cover every 2 seconds and carrying shitloads of medipaks.

Ch0

Either tht or sort the medi's out:rolleyes:

=Chojin=
22-10-03, 00:20
Originally posted by Ascention
Either tht or sort the medi's out:rolleyes:

yeah agreed but if u boost the medis every class will gain .....

which isnt a bad idea =)

Ch0

greendonkeyuk
22-10-03, 00:44
I like the idea of vampire spells. Yes its an old topic but new valid points have come up so far. Personally im in favour of either doubling heal speed of medis or alternatively for apus alone give them a vampire type spell which has rof of the ppu tl3 heal and does the damage equivalent. I think the rare one (if there is one) should equal blessed heal at most. It might be worth not allowing the apu to be healed by any other spell at this point as well.. for obvious reasons.

KidWithStick
22-10-03, 01:10
or, since every other class except APU's can use tl 3 heal, why not make it only require 3 PSI and however many MST it takes, and then the more PPU you have, the better it will heal you (like it does now)

this way APU's can heal themselves without gimping 80% of there inventory by carrying medics.

also, classes like PE's and spy's will be able to heal themselves better, since they got more PPU...

thats my 2cents

Progenitor
22-10-03, 01:12
The only problem with the vampiric spell idea is PvP.

If I can steal some of your health and add it to mine PLUS dish out amazing damage to you - that is a bit over the top.

Of course you won't be around long to actually notice the health drain after 3 or 4 HLs.

It would be great for PvM though.

-p

Richard Slade
22-10-03, 02:44
Dude u just got to much time on yer hands
Why don't you get a hobby?

Ryleck
22-10-03, 04:27
I have a hobby, posting threads

Benjie
22-10-03, 04:33
look. noobie. When you get your holy lightning and cap the range and damage, you will understand why apu's dont have great heal oppertunity's. They are agressive bastards.

If APU's ever become too weak (not at the moment) then they should get a damage boost. Or a range boost. Or a PSI pool increase. Or somthing. They should NEVER be able to use any kind of heal spell. Even if it does damage. It's not in the nature of an apu. Any roleplayer would agree with me, aswell as several other people I belive.

BTW I voted yes. I take it back. (change of opinion)

SorkZmok
22-10-03, 04:35
Originally posted by Benjie
look. noobie. When you get your holy lightning and cap the range and damage, you will understand why apu's dont have great heal oppertunity's. They are agressive bastards.
Amen.

Progenitor
22-10-03, 06:38
Originally posted by Benjie

If APU's ever become too weak (not at the moment) then they should get a damage boost. Or a range boost. Or a PSI pool increase. Or somthing. They should NEVER be able to use any kind of heal spell. Even if it does damage. It's not in the nature of an apu. Any roleplayer would agree with me, aswell as several other people I belive.

BTW I voted yes. I take it back. (change of opinion)

Well, further thinking on it, I don't know if it would be used in PvP. Depending on it's pool cost and casting time - it probably would just be easier to fire off 3-4 HL blasts, then to hit them with some vampiric spell, switch and then fire off 3-4 HL blasts.

-p

athon
22-10-03, 10:23
APUs sacrifice their healing ability for better attacks. It's the price they pay. If the APUs ability to heal was improved then their range and power would have to be cut accordingly.

Athon Solo

Archeus
22-10-03, 11:08
One way to stop spamming is to set it that they can only take health based on the health they have lost.

This makes the vampire spell lethal when an APU is at thier weakest and totally useless otherwise.

Seriously a tank can cast better TL3 heals then an APU.

Scikar
22-10-03, 11:15
Why do people seem to think that everything will stay the same if something like this is added? You don't think things would be balanced before they are added to the game? How about if vampire spells were added, and in return apu damage was toned down a little? Did anyone even think of that at all?

mdares
22-10-03, 11:37
speaking as a long time apu, if i need to chose between high dmg or heal, i'd rather keep my high dmg...

Original monk
22-10-03, 12:46
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Due to stupid ppus ruining NC, most people hate all monks now. :rolleyes:

hehe this depends he, if that apu poisonspams you and outside theres a ppu that heals you back so ya dont die i dont think you will be whining that ppu's are overpowered, but if that ppu is paraspamming you and that apu is antibuffing that bad bad ppu then its other way around again :P

stupid ppu's ruining NC ... i think ya dont like the fact that a ppu monk walks in with hes catharsis sanctum, right at the moment you are poisonspamming everyone :) and thats about it :P ow no i forgot: + the fact that ya cant run away like a chicken to zone because you got paralysed by that big exploiting dirty haxxin naughty overpowered spell called holy paralysis :P

Shadow Dancer
22-10-03, 18:30
Originally posted by Original monk
*a bunch of crap*

Even when they help me I still hate ppus. Trust me, i'd rather have them removed completely and never help me again. THX