PDA

View Full Version : Why the hell havn't any of the oh so cool ideas ever got into the game?

Benjie
21-10-03, 19:42
Okay so flying vehicles and new graphics. Yes a few things do get in. But there have been billions of good ideas and hundreds of amazing ideas. Some of them must be so simple to implament like sharing appartments or lockers at the bank. Why arn't they being put into the game? Are they being saved up untill after the Dome of York or somthing?

I am genuinly curious. Is there a reason? Or does kk just not like them?

Ascension
21-10-03, 19:50
Whos cares if KK dont like em.. Its not them who play to enjoy the game?

So surely the do what the People want yes?:confused:

seems sense 2 me

Scikar
21-10-03, 19:53
Actually a hell of a lot of good ideas have been implented - quality on Flame Avalanche and Storm Lasers, etc, it's just a lot of the cool ideas require either serious balancing or new models and textures etc. New models and textures means big patches, so they are the kind of stuff that should be left to expansion packs preferably. Ideas which require balancing would take a lot of work to get right, and could be a disaster if they go wrong, so they are best left to when they can be tested on the test server.

The remaining ideas which are good generally fall into interface tweaks, and other basic stuff, like apartment sharing. IMO these are the only ideas that will make it into a patch in the near future. My guess as to why they aren't implemented would be that they are good, but not necessary. There are still many things which NEED to be done in patches, and things like apartment sharing don't fall into this category.

I would hope that once major issues are addressed, things like apartment sharing etc. will make it into the game, but I'd rather see more important things fixed first.

Tazo
21-10-03, 19:53
oh they did... its just that those all dont count

Soothsayer
21-10-03, 20:24
I have seen alot of suggestions since I have been browsing the forums, and I have seen alot of negative feedback too. These observations lead me to believe that alot of people are missing the point of Neocron. I have seen Neocron referred to as a product, but it really is not. It is the sum of one person's(or persons') vision, like a work of art. I believe that it is meant to be enjoyed as it is.
I could not imagine what would have happened to some of the great works in our world if the individuals who commissioned them could micro-manage the artists.
I pay to play Neocron, and I expect it to work as intended.
I choose to play Neocron because it is what it is.

Zanathos
21-10-03, 22:04
It is quite possible that many good ideas that were suggested will be introduced into the DoY expansion.

It is quite possible that many balancing issues will come with DoY.

In case you didnt know, VERY LITTLE information has been released about what will be in the DoY expansion.

Benjie
21-10-03, 23:04
Originally posted by Zanathos
It is quite possible that many good ideas that were suggested will be introduced into the DoY expansion.
thats what i think/hope will happen.

Ascension
21-10-03, 23:08
Originally posted by Benjie
thats what i think/hope will happen.

Yeah me 2.. why the X-mas sig already ;)

May i ask why the hoard of copbots in Plaza1:)

KRIMINAL99
22-10-03, 01:32
I think maybe ideas can only be really cool till they are actually implemented. :p Kind of a grass is greener on the other side type of thing lol.

Benjie
22-10-03, 01:50
Originally posted by Ascention
why the X-mas sig already ;)
As soon as it becomes appropriate for christmas signatures and avatars, I'll get rid of this and replace it with somthing else. :cool::(:D
Plus I like christmas. It's just it's really stale by the time it actually comes. So to get the best out of it you have to start celebrating it now in October. Then when christmas comes you can say... Oh xmas is SOOOOOOOOOO mid-late 2003...... :confused:
By the way is it wrong if I rate my own thread 5 stars? Coz i did. Anyway Mr Martin J. Any official words?

Shadow Dancer
22-10-03, 01:55
Ascention your sig rox. Benjie, where's my sig? :)

Richard Slade
22-10-03, 02:53
Why the ideas don't reach the game?
Simple maths

X*(A+B+C+D)/Z

Where:
X is the number of ideas
A is the time it takes to READ all ideas
B is the time it takes to CONSIDER all ideas
C is the time it takes to SORT OUT the good ideas
D is the time it takes to PUT IN the ideas
Z is the number of people avaible

The rest is for you to figure out.

Zanathos
22-10-03, 04:03
BTW, it is also quite possible that DoY has been delayed so much because they keep thinking of new things they can add or things they can change, or things they want to change with the expansion itself.

But the other reason is the publisher :)

QuantumDelta
22-10-03, 05:52
Don't make me write out my list of things that KK were told to put in then KK put in.
....It's too god damn long.

LOTS, and I MEAN LOTS of Ideas got into this game from the players.

Infact a great deal of the "unpopular" ideas that "KK inflicted" on the players....
WERE PLAYER BASED IDEAS!

(Genreps, Pure Monks, LoMs, a fair number of other things).

hinch
22-10-03, 05:59
yes and i`ll never forgive you bastards for killing my game

Shadow Dancer
22-10-03, 06:06
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Don't make me write out my list of things that KK were told to put in then KK put in.
....It's too god damn long.

LOTS, and I MEAN LOTS of Ideas got into this game from the players.

Infact a great deal of the "unpopular" ideas that "KK inflicted" on the players....
WERE PLAYER BASED IDEAS!

(Genreps, Pure Monks, LoMs, a fair number of other things).

As I recall players wanted, and KK promised, new genreps/asgs ALONG with the op control changes. As a matter of fact, if I recall specifically barely anyone suggested the change at all, KK suggested it, and then the players said that it was a good idea(assuming new genreps/asgs were added as well).

I don't remember KK asking for pure monks. :confused:

I don't recall players wanting SI AND xp for loms, just a way to lom period(realistic way, not losing 1 level per lom).

Can you tell me what other unpopular ideas KK implemented the very same way the players asked?

QuantumDelta
22-10-03, 06:14
You mis-read that. :p

People wanted op controls.
People wanted LoMs to not allow total instant reskill with no penalty.
People wanted hybrids dead (Ergo; Pure Monks).

:p

edit;
bit clearer;

People give great ideas, but it's rare that they give a workable coding solution to their suggestion, it gets implemented, but the implementation is normally not so great...

Scikar
22-10-03, 10:25
Originally posted by hinch
yes and i`ll never forgive you bastards for killing my game

Yeah but I'll never forgive you for ganking my spy again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, just because there was sod all he could do to your holy heal, holy shelter, holy deflector, and holy lightning.