PDA

View Full Version : pistol or rifle pe?

dr.fish
21-10-03, 19:23
wich is most uber for pvp?
i seen the stats on the ray of god and it seems better than the lib or the blacksun, so i need ur advice plz :)

Calculon
21-10-03, 19:43
i have no idea?! pistol pe? i prefere the spy myself

SorkZmok
21-10-03, 19:45
Now with the new PEs, i'd say pistol PEs.

Cause now its way easier to use the RolH with a good setup. And that guns pure evil....o_O

\\Fényx//
just do the now 'cookie' ROLH PE :rolleyes: it works

Clownst0pper
heh, Rifle PE's have become the equivalent of what pistol PE's used to be.

Obselete.

However, faith might be restored when NC's fickle community finds the new 'fad' which is the terminator.

Ive heard great reports of its dmg.

Pistol PE always <<----- They just kick ass for fun. But take my word, you need lots of practice, people with pistol skill is stupidly obvious, those with rifle less so.

IMHO go with pistols there just more fun but less practicle

ROLH USER <<-----

dr.fish
21-10-03, 19:59
could u keep the pp resistor while using the rolh? cuz if not u do great damage but then ur resists are fucked.

i currently use judge but dont really like it. black sun is more fun especially since i got the ultima for it :)

Thundra
21-10-03, 19:59
i find in duels pistols are a lot better but in op fights rifles are better as u tend to fight a but more from a distance and can still be good closer up.

they own in duels because u have the opotunity to just get in there face with no one else interfearing but i norm use mine in bigger fights so thats why mines still rifle.

Barak
21-10-03, 20:36
EDIT Redone my post it made no sense;

Go pistol if you want to be effective atm, rifles are no where near as powerful right now, damn RoLH/BS cookie cutters...

Drake6k
21-10-03, 20:56
RoG is lower TL than RoLH and still does amazing damage. I think both rifle and pistol are about equal now.

Zokk
21-10-03, 21:02
It depends on your playing style. In raw damage output, they are about equal, in fighting style they are completely different.

Barak
21-10-03, 22:53
hum., must just be my RoG, it does between jack and shit :/

mdares
21-10-03, 22:57
personally i dunt like RoLH on PEs cuz (i think it was rade or maybe dj dunt remember that said it) to get RoLH u need to gimp ur resists a bit ... so u die much faster. Personally i dunt think a RoLH can do much to a sheltered PE with good resists, ditto with a BS or any energy weap. So i still prefer my Libby + BS combo :D

Selendor
21-10-03, 23:14
I do alright with Rifles, never had any complaints. If I see a Pistol PE I'll fancy my chances, unless its Vet.

der Ed
21-10-03, 23:55
Rifles for OP-fights (you can snipe from distance), pistol for duels.

A pistol PE isn't very useful in fights with many participiants, because your biggest benefit is fast aim and quick movement. That doesn't work well if you got 5 fps and get owned by an APU before you even enter range of fire.

Of course you still can take out single opponents that stray from the flock :D

-=Blasehase=-
22-10-03, 00:17
Originally posted by der Ed
Rifles for OP-fights (you can snipe from distance), pistol for duels.

A pistol PE isn't very useful in fights with many participiants, because your biggest benefit is fast aim and quick movement. That doesn't work well if you got 5 fps and get owned by an APU before you even enter range of fire.

Of course you still can take out single opponents that stray from the flock :D

simple.... very simple...

1.stealth
2.run to the enemy
3.bash

but against sheltered monks the liberator do better than the rolh
[cause the high energy armor]

against all others the rolh is the best weapon i know...

enought dmg on a good frequency [i got 177 with selfbuff... with pistol 3or fortress i got the full 185... and this ROXX]

but the only problem is that u as a pistol PE to reach good stats with the rolh must forgot the resistor, or take more drugs than a rifle PE

in PvP it do more dmg than a rog [cause the frequency]

in face to face with the same setting without shelter [random PPU dmg atm] the rifle PE dies first

Dribble Joy
22-10-03, 01:24
RoLH cookie (at least one of the setups) is easy

If you use redflash (and not to is insane) you can be brickard and own with the RoLH

SF SA balli3 Reflex4 PP PEPA4

dex 103 with the pa, also plenty of PC from it too.
If you don't like using drugs, stick in a ballance3 instead of the PP/

I'm a judge, what do I know?

KramerTheWeird
22-10-03, 03:27
fuck it, go h-c :)

-=Blasehase=-
22-10-03, 14:48
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
RoLH cookie (at least one of the setups) is easy

If you use redflash (and not to is insane) you can be brickard and own with the RoLH

SF SA balli3 Reflex4 PP PEPA4

dex 103 with the pa, also plenty of PC from it too.
If you don't like using drugs, stick in a ballance3 instead of the PP/

I'm a judge, what do I know?

ballance3 AND balli3 at once is crap... then u got only str 54 and must use a drug for the armor...

der Ed
22-10-03, 15:04
Originally posted by -=Blasehase=-
simple.... very simple...

1.stealth
2.run to the enemy
3.bash

In a duel, yes.

Against a lonesone PK around MB, yes.

Against lonesone levelers around MB, yes (although you don't really need stealth or any skill to kill some unprepared runners)

But not in opwars.

If I run up to my enemies stealthed, my stealth drops with the perfect timing exactly when I'm in his back. I am good so I can empty 1-2 full clips in him before he realizes what happens, and before I enter stealth again, I'm frozen, poisoned, set on fire and hit with a bunch of hl (attention: no plasma :D) from the other enemies. My exzellent CON setup leaves me with 50% of my live. I gulp a medikit, antipoison, antistun, try to move to a better position... but only walk like 1 meter.. then reappear... and drop dead before I can select my weapon and shoot again. :)

Meanwhile the rifle-PE took out one of the monks that forgot about him while ganking me :D

StryfeX
22-10-03, 15:46
The RoLH is too damn strong for it's insane RoF. I mean, it hits about as hard as the RoG *and* it has about 1.6 times the max RoF. Plus it aims really fast at close range, you don't get any slowdown whatsoever, AND it has a big clip.

Can't get much better than that.

--Stryfe

Spy<VS>Spy
22-10-03, 18:19
A capped Pain easer knows no equal my friends, it puts considerable hurt on all classes, at range and in close quarters.

the rifle PE specilist is a considerably dangerous force, typically to APU and tanks because of their range and accuracy. add this to the fact that they can afford some limited cloaking keeping them as a target is very diffecult, allowing them to engage multible targets without taking concentrated damage.

pistol PE's are pretty fierce in the one on one though, once they get in the fray that raygun pistol doesnt fuck around, you can often down 2 targets a clip with this weapon, add to this fact you are completely mobile not even a tank can run away from a fight.

but in my opinion...PE power armor gimps more then it helps, PE's in copbot armor though...with a good con set up, are VERY scary. The PE has got serious options in the game now, there are good pe's and bad ones. i think that goes for any class where someone lerns to offset their classes weakness in terms of skill.

Scikar
22-10-03, 19:25
Ultimately, it depends on whether you want to snipe or not. If you can snipe, then you can cope at an OP war. If you choose pistols, you'll deal more damage, but you are restricted to close up fights, which requires both excellent resists, and excellent aiming.

J. Folsom
22-10-03, 22:01
Hybrid Kami PE! Or, if you're going for Hybrid Kami anyway, Hybrid Kami Spy! Amaze your friends as you first snipe them with your fancy sniper rifles, then pull out a RoLH to pwn their asses! Absolutely flabbergasting!

Clownst0pper
24-10-03, 01:04
The RoLH is too damn strong for it's insane RoF. I mean, it hits about as hard as the RoG *and* it has about 1.6 times the max RoF. Plus it aims really fast at close range, you don't get any slowdown whatsoever, AND it has a big clip.

Not strictly true.

ROLH is harder than a rog, alot harder.

Has Higher Rate of fire.

However, It is extrememly delicate to use, a slight over movement on your behalf or your opponents and the reticle flys open making the shot spray into nothing-ness. And that is even with my 5 slotter with laser pointer.

However, over recent weeks I now have 0 problem, and can perfectly aim to contact my opponent every shot. I love it.

Id actually go as far as to say despite it having a reticle range (while moving) equal to the wyart earp. Its dmg because your so close increases the closer you get. Effectivly making it devasting.

A mini CS ive heard it termed.

ROLH - The new Fad :angel:

VetteroX
24-10-03, 01:46
Like it or not, Im a PE master, and the only poster who i agree with on the subject is zokk. Ive used both rifles and pistols extensivly on my pes. Both can be excellent, it depends on your fighting style. rifles can be used close range with great effectivenes. pistols can be good in an op war. It depends on how you set yourself up, and specificly how you blance dodging while also hitting as much as possible. My pistol and rifle pes have different ways of movement while attacking. The only real diff is rifles can snipe from long range, and psitols are good for chasing someone down, because they dont slow you down at all. But in a duel or fight where both people are actually fighting (not one running) both are equal i say.

hose187
24-10-03, 06:11
I still think rifle PE's have the edge over pistoleros. RoG is a beast, and actually aims much quicker than any pistol. And although Lib does more sheer damage than Pain Easer, it can't hit you from the clipping plane.

Pistols are just so damn fun, though. I'd say rifles if you are in a large clan or PvP in groups alot. If you go solo or just with one or two others, go pistols.

Also note, riflers are much tougher than RoLH users.

Shadow Dancer
24-10-03, 06:54
Originally posted by hose187
and actually aims much quicker than any pistol.

I thought all weapons aimed at the same speed with cap aiming?

*gun noob*