PDA

View Full Version : Why stay?

Adramalech
21-10-03, 19:20
I'm thinking about leaving Neocron. I love this game but... it has just become boring. Right now I play for maybe 1-2 hours a week... I have 1 capped drone spy, 1 near capped rifle spy, 1 capped pistol PE, 1 capped HC tank and 1 near capped hybrid monk. Got almost every rare and tried out OP wars many times. Now what?

I had my doubts when I first started playing neocron but things like Neptune server (no safe zones) and mechs lured me into playing this game. Sure new stuff is added al the time but its just not enough, it's not the stuff I hoped for. So...

Is there an ETA on the Neptune server and/or mechs?

And if you feel like me, then why do you keep Playing neocron?

This is not a leaving thread... O_o

Xian
21-10-03, 19:24
I think MJS said that Neptune wouldn't be even considered until the subscriber base increased - which as it seems isn't doing at all (or much) at the moment. That all might (hopefully) change with DoY's release.

As for mechs, there are already a number of new vehicles that are - or are about to be - implemented into the game which I think are pretty damn good. I doubt mechs would ever really be brought in to be honest with you, unless it was something for Tanks only.

stalked monkey
21-10-03, 20:12
Mechs would make whatever class could drive and shoot them at the same time overpowered, whether it is tank spy or PE, unless they didnt do uber damage. The rhino takes two people to do. The mechs should too, if they are to do comparable damage. But then whats the point of a mech? Thats what MJS and them are struggling with. How to not make it overpowered but to make it different with whats in game at the moment. Personally I would rather wait rather than get something unbalancing or useless.

Scikar
21-10-03, 20:21
MJS also said that there will definitely be a 'hardcore' server with no safezones, and no LE chip, launched at some point. And he said recently that KK is doing better than ever finance-wise.

ericdraven
21-10-03, 21:27
Yeah i have to admit i am - slowly - getting bored as well.. and i don't play as much as i used to in the last months... o_O

Xian
21-10-03, 21:29
I've found myself canceling due to lack of cash and desperately wanting to play Neocron again. It's weird, when I first cancel I think "maybe I just won't renew" - in a month it's scrounging the pennies I find under my bed just to get enough cash in my account.

Maybe taking a break would be a good idea. :p

Scikar
21-10-03, 21:33
I have taken a couple of breaks before, where I took a couple of weeks off playing stuff like DoD then came back, then recently I left NC for about 3 weeks, and even now I don't log in too much. My main reason is mostly that I got fed up of playing as a monk, then I got fed up of not being able to do anything as any class other than a monk, so when I'm on now I just play my rifle PE on Pluto, hunt a few mobs, maybe have an OP fight, but nothing really gets adrenaline going like PvP used to.

japata
21-10-03, 21:34
One thing you bored and experienced 'croners could do is player events. Saturn is still missing its Fight Nights, weekly racetrack competitions and many other repetitive events... or if you're feeling expeditious, start a totally new char on a totally new server - see the world through the noob glasses. :)

ichinin
21-10-03, 21:35
> This is not a leaving thread

But if you do leave - can i have your stuff? :)

ericdraven
21-10-03, 21:49
Originally posted by japata
or if you're feeling expeditious, start a totally new char on a totally new server - see the world through the noob glasses. :)
I was thinking about this... but.. it would be nothing new, we all started as "noob" several months ago.. i wouldn't see it thru the noob glasses either, 'cause nowadays i know (almost) everything about the game and wouldn't do any "noob-mistakes" anymore.. so it would be the same as leveling an almost capped char, just a little bit harder 'cause you have no/less support.. but as i said, nothing new, no new experiences, nothing new to explore.. so no real motivation to do this. :(

hudsonbeck
21-10-03, 21:52
I was unable to play for almost 6 weeks due to moving and other RL things. B4 i left i was getting extremely bored. Now I have found a renewed desire to play on a daily basis.

Give it a shot... but you may have to make an effor to take that step back into the NC world, once you do(if you leave) you will be glad you came back.

Thats just how i experianced it.

Plus you will get some good sleep for a while ;)

Anyway, if you do leave, i hope you find your way back:)

Hudson